Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

How confident are people in Abdullah week one?

More confident than I am in Dion Lewis week two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I really like Dion Lewis because I can already tell someone in my league is going to blow their waiver spot on picking him up this week and I get to move up and be in better position to grab someone actually useful in the next couple of weeks. :dance:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Double-posting but Alshon Jeffery is expected to play.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

VDay posted:

Double-posting but Alshon Jeffery is expected to play.

Where'd you hear that? I'm trying to decide who to play for WR2 and flex right now. It's between Alshon Jeffery, Jeremy Matthews, and Carlos Hyde. Unfortunately I won't be around during gametime so I pretty much have to set my lineup now

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/643010637333929984

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's hoping Mike Evans plays. Got John Brown as backup just in case.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I used a combination of my football addiction and trusting my customized beersheet.

Ended up with Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins, Golden Tate, Stevie Johnson, and tyler Lockett (return yards count league).

That should be decent for the season, but if Deanthony thomas is returning punts as a wr and getting some dump offs he might be a good backup in my W/T flex, right?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Foster apparently "cutting hard".

Looking good for a week 3 return. I'm pretty stoked. Got him in the 8th round in a half-ppr league, where he was a late 1st-rounder for me prior to the injury. I'll take 2 missing weeks for a first rounder in the 8th any time.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Looking good for a week 3 return. I'm pretty stoked. Got him in the 8th round in a half-ppr league, where he was a late 1st-rounder for me prior to the injury. I'll take 2 missing weeks for a first rounder in the 8th any time.

Didn't they have to reattach his groin muscle to the bone?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

He'll be on the IR by week 5

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Here's hoping Mike Evans plays. Got John Brown as backup just in case.

I think I've read about four different place now, "if Mike Evans doesn't play, Vincent Jackson is a must start!" But like every other player I have for my flex spot plays at noon (cst) so I'm likely rolling with Allen Robinson or Crowell instead. Which sucks because of course VJax will put up 20 pts if this plays out.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

He'll be on the IR by week 5

I draft under the assumption that literally every starter on my roster will get injured. I have a backup plan for all of them, Foster included.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Reik posted:

Nope, basic sports hernia injury akin to the one suffered by now game time decision Zach Ertz

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Drafted the Rams as my DEF but considering picking up the Panthers as they're playing the Jaguars in Week 1 (whereas Rams are up against the Seahawks).

Don't think I want to drop the Rams though. I'm leaning toward dropping Tyler Eifert (as I'm starting Jason Witten). Additional bench options include:

RB - Bishop Sankey
RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - Todd Gurley
WR - Eric Decker

Any thoughts?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tortilla Maker posted:

Drafted the Rams as my DEF but considering picking up the Panthers as they're playing the Jaguars in Week 1 (whereas Rams are up against the Seahawks).

Don't think I want to drop the Rams though. I'm leaning toward dropping Tyler Eifert (as I'm starting Jason Witten). Additional bench options include:

RB - Bishop Sankey
RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - Todd Gurley
WR - Eric Decker

Any thoughts?

I'd drop sankey TBH. TEN clearly doesn't have faith in him and their OLine sucks anyway.

My own question:

What kind of value does Alfred Blue have right now? If you own him, what do you do? Sit and wait, or see what you can still get in trade? What kind of trade value does he actually have in PPR? RB3, WR3, WR4, ...? Anyone care to name names?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Starting Josh Brown in one of my flexes so I can swap him for Evans if he is going to play. I have Morris in the other and Yeldon, Duke and Gio on the bench, any of those a better option at flex in a full PPR?

Also, in another league I have Owen Daniels at TE, nothing out there but Vernon Davis, just hold course for at least today, right? Thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Reik posted:

That's what I heard as well. I guess not.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else benching Luck for Tannehill?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

baquerd posted:

Anyone else benching Luck for Tannehill?

Don't Sit Your Studs

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Myles Simmons ‏@MylesASimmons 16s17 seconds ago

#RamsInactives: S. Mannion, T. Mason, T. Gurley, D. Bates, D. Williams, A. Donnal, B. Quick

Brian Quick is the slight surprise here

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Any advice on which of these I should start in my flex (1 PPR)?

Amari Cooper, McFadden, Stevie Johnson

Leaning towards Cooper at the moment.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gandalf21 posted:

Leaning towards Cooper at the moment.

This is the smart play and what I would do.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pmchem posted:

I'd drop sankey TBH. TEN clearly doesn't have faith in him and their OLine sucks anyway.

My own question:

What kind of value does Alfred Blue have right now? If you own him, what do you do? Sit and wait, or see what you can still get in trade? What kind of trade value does he actually have in PPR? RB3, WR3, WR4, ...? Anyone care to name names?

Trade value is probably pretty small for a RB who's potentially only starting for 2-4 weeks, and not a very good RB at that. In IDP league's, i wouldn't even be surprised if JJ Watt outscored him in fantasy.

I'm also currently starting him in my league while i wait for Le'veon Bell and Arian Foster to come back. so not really liking it.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I've gotta decide between Blue and Melvin Gordon in half PPR. I think I've got to go with Gordon, as I think he's got way more upside, but I'm not really happy about it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone else just avoiding the headache with Evans? Sounds like we may have a case of him testing it early and not playing a whole game or something

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm certainly benching Evans this week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm certainly benching Evans this week.

Me too

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
:stare:

quote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Arian Foster (groin surgery) has told teammates a return in Week 2 is "quite possible."
La Canfora said the "worst case scenario" would be Week 3 as long as Foster does not suffer any setbacks. Foster said he was "ahead of schedule" this week and was reportedly "moving quickly and decisively" on a side field at practice. Owners who took the risk on Foster this August should reap the benefits sometime in the very near future.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Josh Brown will be hot swapped for him if I hear good news, either way I stole him by trading Crow for him, so week 2 is fine with me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Foster would be really dumb if he came back next week

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 22s23 seconds ago

Mike Evans very doubtful for today. He's got to have a complete turnaround and convince team he can go fully

Get him out of your lineup while you still can

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Non PPR, Roddy White @ KC or Steve Smith vs Philly?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Doppelganger posted:

Non PPR, Roddy White @ KC or Steve Smith vs Philly?

Steve Smith.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Well poo poo, Mike Evans out. Should I start Anquan Boldin or Stevie Johnson? I am already starting Keenan Allen if it matters.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's up with AJ80? How's he looking?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
DESEAN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Last year I believe FantasyPros had a live fantasy score tracker that let you know who was making plays and how they ranked in real time. It doesn't look like that's on their site this year, but is anyone else running something similar?

E: ScoreCenter still works. Just couldn't find a link to it through the Fantasypros site for some reason. http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/scorecenter.php

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 13, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo do I suck at IDP. I started a defensive back who isn't a starter.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo do I suck at IDP. I started a defensive back who isn't a starter.

Embrace pain :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

winvirus posted:

Well poo poo, Mike Evans out. Should I start Anquan Boldin or Stevie Johnson? I am already starting Keenan Allen if it matters.
Do you like feeling smart more than you hate feeling dumb? Then Stevie. Otherwise Boldin.

• Locked thread