Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateMathew
Apr 22, 2007

The dog is fine in Portugal - that big threat is away - you don't have to worry about crime anymore.

a starwar betamax posted:

ill play test this game on my wives lptop.....................it runs windows. maybe il even run it in WINE on my own laptap. expect a PM soon windows 98...............as soon as i learn how to send PM's

It works like a charm in Wine

GG op, you made me hate the song that plays nonstop more than I hate the next poster's mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Gilganixon posted:

Here is an enemy for your game, he can show up in random mobs or whatever.

"Why was I baaaaaaned?" - JJ Cool J

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

and all those lovely colorfinger songs

cool yeah agreed

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'm so excited about this.

If The Fuzzy Hulk showed up in it somewhere I would poo poo all over myself.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

where's the latest dev diary?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Can there b a Christmas zone with petit Gregory's mash up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681788&pagenumber=7#post438733118

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

just release the game already

this is turning into the Zybourne Clock all over again and it's breaking my heart

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
what is progress on game

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The progress is that I am taking a break from the game. I worked on it behind the curtain with no updates for a bit, started to lose some motivation, and now classes for school have started. So for the time being it's on hold until I can make sure I have both the time and will power to do it.

I won't let it die completely. I will deliver. Just not in the hilariously wrong projected timeline of two months lol.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I still have the latest release on my Google Drive if anyone else with RPG Maker (that knows how to use it well) wants to give it a go. The most problematic part of the whole processes is tuning things to be doable while I go so I don't have to go back and make major changes to how the switches in quest lines trigger. I now feel Blizzards pain of game balance.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Windows 98 posted:

The progress is that I am taking a break from the game. I worked on it behind the curtain with no updates for a bit, started to lose some motivation, and now classes for school have started. So for the time being it's on hold until I can make sure I have both the time and will power to do it.

I won't let it die completely. I will deliver. Just not in the hilariously wrong projected timeline of two months lol.

Goon_project.txt

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

And to almost triple post, generally it seemed like interest in even playing the game dwindle so that wasn't very encouraging. People weren't stepping up and PMing me to help with quest line ideas for the zones of subforums I know nothing about. Some of the art work was delayed (Hey Applewhite I still love you). Alpha tests were going well but it's also hard to get anyone to do anything consistent other than WhoFlungPoop who is already a quality assurance person.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
whooflungpop is the only good poster left in something awful com

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was interested to see the South destroyed in the Goon Game, but I also didn't want to strangle you along with all the other posters to get their idea in.

A lot of people are interested in the project I just think a they thought YOU gave up.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i produced a lot of content of questionable quality and will be personally extremely ambivalent if nothing ever manifests of it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

i produced a lot of content of questionable quality and will be personally extremely ambivalent if nothing ever manifests of it

You literally summon Cthulhu with a cult and you have to kill it in your quest line. I don't think I remembered to show you.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
This looks interesting and turned out not to be a joke.

I'll be looking forward to when you get back to work on it. I have some experience with RPG Maker VX and could help out with some questlines.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
is this gamee playable on the macentosh brand computer

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Windows 98 posted:

And to almost triple post, generally it seemed like interest in even playing the game dwindle so that wasn't very encouraging. People weren't stepping up and PMing me to help with quest line ideas for the zones of subforums I know nothing about. Some of the art work was delayed (Hey Applewhite I still love you). Alpha tests were going well but it's also hard to get anyone to do anything consistent other than WhoFlungPoop who is already a quality assurance person.

Op I never clicked on this thread until now and I'm rooting for you

Id test it but then I'd have to install bootcamp

:(

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Not at the moment, but if it takes him another year or so to get back on track there's the newest version of RPG Maker coming out that is Mac-compatible.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Not at the moment, but if it takes him another year or so to get back on track there's the newest version of RPG Maker coming out that is Mac-compatible.

if my time in college and side projects are any indication the game will briefly cross his mind once or twice over christmas break before considering picking it back up next april

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

Artwork wasn't delayed you gave me the impression you didn't want it anymore. I'm super into making art for this just tell me what you need dude.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I saw the best goon projects of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked,

delaying themselves through the negro streets at dawn
looking for an alpha tester,

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
connection to the caramel macchiato in the machinery
of night.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

No joke, completely serious Win98, but I'm genuinely interested in providing music, sound effects and/or voice work for this. I'm currently setting up my home studio, and would love a good project to just test out some weird (and hopefully good) musical ideas.

I have pm's, so hit me up. Use SALR to tag me with a note or something so you don't forget. I doubt that I'd be the only person who would be providing audio support, and that's cool, but I definitely want to be involved.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

remember when i told u to make a character with high charisma named jerry mumphrey who was also a crawdad with a spurdo face and wields a whip in each claw? can't accuse me of not contributing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

yes, because you can install windows on a macintosh brand computer

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can I be in the game as someone who will have long inane debates about anything at all just to be contrarian?

also will test

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

BuckarooBanzai posted:

Goon_project.txt

Guys, we should buy this aircraft carrier.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

can I be in the game as someone who will have long inane debates about anything at all just to be contrarian?

also will test

If I remember correctly you are already in it. I think you are one of the sex slaves in THS's Gay Brothel.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i wouldnt call it slavery per se

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Artwork wasn't delayed you gave me the impression you didn't want it anymore.

Why did you listen to me? I'm always high I don't know what I am doing.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

this is the kind of refreshing honesty from a project lead i can get behind

Captain Dopar
Aug 26, 2015

Our world's that day joined into a friendship that was pure gold. And Earth moved into a new age, when space travel launches us into the "Age of Aquarius". The End.
Make me the guy who gets brutally murdered in some fashion

preferably by a falling something

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

PM me what you need, dude.

PirateMathew
Apr 22, 2007

The dog is fine in Portugal - that big threat is away - you don't have to worry about crime anymore.

Windows 98 posted:

Alpha tests were going well but it's also hard to get anyone to do anything consistent other than WhoFlungPoop who is already a quality assurance person.

I guess contributing 30% into your issue's list isn't doing anything consistent, I hate you OP :smith:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

im disappointed in u, windows

\

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

PirateMathew posted:

I guess contributing 30% into your issue's list isn't doing anything consistent, I hate you OP :smith:

I h8 u 2

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

alright got a cool idea: u could finish the game

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

social vegan posted:

alright got a cool idea: u could finish the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger