Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

Muir was too busy drinking gallons of Palin's Flavor Aid to really talk about McCain, but I recall conservatives (rightfully) complaining about potshots on his age.

Totally different. An older man is experienced. An older woman is a dried up old bitch with no worth whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

I'm less joking now but Ellen was on tv for a decade, came out, and stayed on for another decade and basically nothing changed. She does her silly mom dance and the same harmless comedy she's always done and it's hard to hate someone who does a dumb dance they enjoy and looks like they don't even mind you laughing at them. That's why george bush's presidential farewell tour looked like this:

Nah, dog. You're remembering it wrong. Ellen came out and her show was immediately canceled, she was off tv for years until she got her new show.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Krinkle posted:

That's why george bush's presidential farewell tour looked like this:

I want Obama's farewell to be the most infuriating thing for conservatives ever.
I know I'd do that, just for the catharsis.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I want Obama's farewell to be the most infuriating thing for conservatives ever.

So basically this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVNC6dAeeyA

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

Someone explain this one to me because it's a little baffling

Like, has a single person changed their mind on Kim Davis, rather than entrenching deeper? She hasn't gone off like that cattle guy, that I know of.

The joke is that Jeff Stahler's style is to brainstorm concepts and pick the least funny one, preference given to complaining about how stupid new things are. He makes me angrier than any other cartoonist posted here because he's not even a partisan hack, he's a baby boomer hack.

I went looking for a particular cartoon that I remember being particularly infuriatingly banal, but since I have no idea when it was published I just went through the 2005 archives and found a bunch just as bad. Note that these aren't his political 'toons but his "funny" ones that go alongside Marmaduke:

"They printed another Jeff Stahler cartoon!"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I've never understood people who are like "god phones these days don't even sound like phones!" Like the random tolling of bells that happened to be easy to produce is somehow inherently more phone-like than whatever other noise gets your attention. It's not like a phone ring is at all related to the functionality of the phone like the sound a car's engine makes or something, since the very first phone it's been an arbitrary noise maker that activates when you receive a call.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Abyssal Squid posted:

The joke is that Jeff Stahler's style is to brainstorm concepts and pick the least funny one, preference given to complaining about how stupid new things are. He makes me angrier than any other cartoonist posted here because he's not even a partisan hack, he's a baby boomer hack.

I went looking for a particular cartoon that I remember being particularly infuriatingly banal, but since I have no idea when it was published I just went through the 2005 archives and found a bunch just as bad. Note that these aren't his political 'toons but his "funny" ones that go alongside Marmaduke:

"They printed another Jeff Stahler cartoon!"

Jesus, these are so aggressively mediocre.

King Dopplepopolos
Aug 3, 2007

Give us a raise, loser!

Begemot posted:

Whoa, huge slam on Dan Lietha out of nowhere!

Fixed. [/Crow]

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I don't think he actually has to try to infuriate conservatives. Him merely existing does that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There is not a child in the world who gives one good Goddamn about gas prices.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:allears: I will never tire of it. Rip that mic off the podium, drop it, and strut out.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mo_Steel posted:

:allears: I will never tire of it. Rip that mic off the podium, drop it, and strut out.

Naw. Do what he did. Lead in with that, then force them to sit there, listening to the rest of your speech, stewing in their guilt for setting up your clean sound-bite victory.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Zeroisanumber posted:

Nah, dog. You're remembering it wrong. Ellen came out and her show was immediately canceled, she was off tv for years until she got her new show.

I know she went from having a sitcom, to being cancelled, to getting another sitcom where her character was gay from the beginning, to being also immediately cancelled, to getting a morning show, but after those hiccups it was smooth sailing and the essence of her bland harmless goofy comedy, at least in my peripheral, never changed. And it was during her stewardship of the mom dance show that the yes/no on gay marriage finally flipped.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Krinkle posted:

I know she went from having a sitcom, to being cancelled, to getting another sitcom where her character was gay from the beginning, to being also immediately cancelled, to getting a morning show, but after those hiccups it was smooth sailing and the essence of her bland harmless goofy comedy, at least in my peripheral, never changed. And it was during her stewardship of the mom dance show that the yes/no on gay marriage finally flipped.

During the Month of Zen I caught a Bill O'Rielly interview from 03ish, where he claimed that Ellen would never be a real star because no one wants to hear about her love life on television. The audience cheered in approval. Kinda weird to behold today.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
*Obama looks up slowly from the document and turns to the camera*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtmI--F8Zmo

Have some Clovii:

Woo, Cayman dollar been working out.

Jamaican public hospitals are super under-funded and, as a result, suck.

Hey whoa, GOOD news for a change. Another TV station has become established on the island as an extension of "Mellow Radio".

Holy man who was gang leader's brother was shot dead in a church.

Jamaica loooooooooooves... the economy.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Jeff "Hasn't Met A Real Child In 45 Years" Stahler

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Conservatives have hired Lynton Crosby to revive their flagging campaign.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Haha, why did he draw Dilbert's tie lying on the ground?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Deep Hurting posted:

I want to make a "Daffy Duck attempts to outsmart Bugs Bunny, but we all know this will blow up in Daffy's face" joke, or perhaps comment on how they're apparently signing the BACK of the deal, but I'm just too distracted by how racist-looking that caricature is. It looks more like a white guy in blackface than it looks like Obama.

I mean I realize this isn't new with Bish, but it still bothers me whenever I see it.

1,000,000's of people killed by Alfred Nobel's invention, dynamite

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ixiggle posted:

During the Month of Zen I caught a Bill O'Rielly interview from 03ish, where he claimed that Ellen would never be a real star because no one wants to hear about her love life on television. The audience cheered in approval. Kinda weird to behold today.
That is some purestrain :ironicat: considering how he tainted falafel for everyone.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rorus Raz posted:

That is some purestrain :ironicat: considering how he tainted falafel for everyone.

For those that don't get this reference some advice: do not ask for clarification, or go looking on your own. You're better off not knowing.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

For those that don't get this reference some advice: do not ask for clarification, or go looking on your own. You're better off not knowing.

Do not listen to this person. It is a heartwarming story about Bill O'Reilly that everyone should know.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

i looked it up, it's actually really loving funny are you stupid

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i looked it up, it's actually really loving funny are you stupid

Just left an unpleasant image in my mind when I found out, alright?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Jack Ohman wrote about presiding over the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists and it's :smith: :

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/editorial-cartoons/jack-ohman/article34833252.html

quote:

Then in January, cartoonists at the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris were slaughtered.

Suddenly, I was faced with a completely new world. Instead of a nice, quiet convention in nice, quiet Columbus, Ohio, I had lots of concerns – like would any of us be murdered en masse. After the shootings at the ridiculous Pam Geller-instigated Muhammad cartoon show in Garland, Texas, I was even more concerned.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rorus Raz posted:

Doesn't it also have something to do with a loofah? Does Bill O'Reilly get sexually excited by silly sounding words?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Internet Webguy posted:

Doesn't it also have something to do with a loofah? Does Bill O'Reilly get sexually excited by silly sounding words?

It involves him saying "falafel" instead of "loofah," yes.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Abyssal Squid posted:

It involves him saying "falafel" instead of "loofah," yes.

Maybe he just has really strange hygiene rituals.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

What, you don't like the image of Bill O'Reilly rubbing a falafel on his naked body?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

well, i've seen people who are way worse looking the O'Reilly naked so maybe i'm just not as affected, it's just really funny that this is a fetish someone would talk about

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
The funniest part of the falafel scandal, for me, was that O'Reilly had to cancel his book tour for “The O'Reilly Factor – For Kids.”

Incidentally, the loofah/falafel thing is probably a transcription error. It was originally from a tape-recorded phone conversation.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

bitey posted:

Incidentally, the loofah/falafel thing is probably a transcription error. It was originally from a tape-recorded phone conversation.
I think Ted Rall has someone who can help with that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I think "I'm a public function worker who refuses to do her job" and "I'm the government agent giving herself the right to tell you how you should live your life" would be better soundbites.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

You realize, this means war. :tinsley:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Personally, I'm more of a Supersexual, but that requires getting all seven Chaos Emeralds.

(also lol at associating transgenderism with fuckin')

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
What a an amazing misrepresentation of what they're actually saying vs. what they actually what, which is a world where the police actively seek and prosecute people for the act of being gay or cross dressing, and where curb stomping anyone on the LBGT spectrum carries about the same legal consequences as killing a dog.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Every time I see "Adam4D" my brain autocompletes it as "Adam4Adam", which is pretty ironic, considering.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

gay gay gay gay yay for gay!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Holy poo poo, he actually drew something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I agree with that poem.

• Locked thread