Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

i have this really cool idea for a mario level and i've been sitting on it all weekend, hopefully the game loving arrives tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

does it still have injects

Zerg

Spawn Larva spawns 2 larva, down from 4. Set to autocast by default.

Terran

Calldown: MULE has been removed

Protoss

Removed Chrono Boost

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh lol nvm (though still looks fine?)

Chrono boost is back.
No energy cost.
Ability is set to autocast by default on the Nexus.
Efficiency is reduced to 20%, but never expires.
Protoss players will be able to switch the Chrono Boost on a Nexus to any building of his or her choice, and until it’s switched out again, it’ll remain on that building forever.

Calldown: MULE is back.
Ability is set to autocast on nearby minerals.
No energy cost.
Now has a cooldown.
30 range from casting Orbital Command.
Harvest amount decreased to 40 from 45.

Spawn larva increased from 2 to 3 per cast.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Zerg

Spawn Larva spawns 2 larva, down from 4. Set to autocast by default.

Terran

Calldown: MULE has been removed

Protoss

Removed Chrono Boost

holy poo poo I might actually buy this :eyepop:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh lol nvm (though still looks fine?)

Chrono boost is back.
No energy cost.
Ability is set to autocast by default on the Nexus.
Efficiency is reduced to 20%, but never expires.
Protoss players will be able to switch the Chrono Boost on a Nexus to any building of his or her choice, and until it’s switched out again, it’ll remain on that building forever.

Calldown: MULE is back.
Ability is set to autocast on nearby minerals.
No energy cost.
Now has a cooldown.
30 range from casting Orbital Command.
Harvest amount decreased to 40 from 45.

Spawn larva increased from 2 to 3 per cast.

what is this dota poo poo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
also how the gently caress do i turn on the thing that leaves a ghost trace when you're testing your levels

where is that

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

eshop motherfucker

retail version comes with a neat idea book

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

also how the gently caress do i turn on the thing that leaves a ghost trace when you're testing your levels

where is that
bottom bar of the editor, to the left of the track thing. should have a little ghosting mario icon

iirc it's an early thing you unlock

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

where is that

it's an unlock, it'll show up down on the bottom to the left of the course length tool

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

retail version comes with a neat idea book

wait, really? that sucks they should put it up as a pdf

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
what is the size limit on mario levels

like, can you remake the entirety of smw as a single level so you can get the cape and fly through the entire game

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
haha you can't even make a level more than 2 screens high

what a toilet of a game

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
did the missions where you extract the child soldiers

was much easier than i had been led to believe because i just went in heavily armed and mowed down everyone with an LMG

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

lol, my mission 150 side op (the quiet one) is bugged out.

the tank shells go through the walls of the building like they're not there, so no matter what I get loving shelled non-stop and die.

oh well, I'll wait for a patch I guess.

it's the one you can't back out of, so I literally cannot play the game.

theres a couple rooms in the building that way that are like that. theres one or two that for some reason they cant shoot through. if you really want to cheese it wait until they get super close and stop moving and call airstrikes down on them. expensive but it gets the job done.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

angry_keebler posted:

what is the size limit on mario levels

like, can you remake the entirety of smw as a single level so you can get the cape and fly through the entire game

it's a large size limit but one does exist. you'd have to be very creative to come up with a good level that uses the whole thing. I do wish it was taller though

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

mario maker should have had the capability to recreate any previously released 2d level and also it should have had an overworld maker

instead i guess you can make not quite as good as romhack levels that are displayed as a thumbnail so you can't even have level surprises because what if somebody makes a weiner out of coins

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Notorious QIG posted:

wait, really? that sucks they should put it up as a pdf

you can call them and they'll mail it to you

no, really.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Korean Boomhauer posted:

theres a couple rooms in the building that way that are like that. theres one or two that for some reason they cant shoot through. if you really want to cheese it wait until they get super close and stop moving and call airstrikes down on them. expensive but it gets the job done.

yeah, i restarted the whole mission and spent 2 entire earth days doing deployment missions and getting money and researching better rocket launchers and helicopter equipment

finally got pretty far in the missions and then i just bombarded and fire supported to finish it.

snake was covered in flies and blood and after all the cut scenes i get back to motherbase and ocelot is there and throws a bucket of water on me.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

you can call them and they'll mail it to you

no, really.

I might do that

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

angry_keebler posted:

mario maker should have had the capability to recreate any previously released 2d level and also it should have had an overworld maker

instead i guess you can make not quite as good as romhack levels that are displayed as a thumbnail so you can't even have level surprises because what if somebody makes a weiner out of coins

the only feature I want is checkpoints tbh. it's surprisingly detailed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kojima sure likes his pants-pissing scenes.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

angry_keebler posted:

i agree its not perfect 100% features that i want complete but all things considered its p great. id take a less mechanically versatile platform builder that has good physics over LBP any day

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jerry Cotton posted:

kojima sure likes his pants-pissing scenes.

adult undergarments?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The whole game needs more peeping at Ishmael's buttcrack

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

maniacdevnull posted:

adult undergarments?!

i like the minigame in twin snakes where you play as otacon and try to pee your pants as much as you can by pumping the trigger buttons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

The whole game needs more peeping at Ishmael's buttcrack

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well i beat MGS 1.

honestly i never really play games and when i do i never beat them. i just get to a point i can't beat and lose interest. but with the goal of playing meta gear 1 through 4, i was able to beat 1 in a real hurry.

i'm like 5 hours into MGS 2 HD and it's pretty good. it seems to move a lot slower than MGS 1 though. the controls are perhaps even worst for the simple reason they've shoved a few more complexities in to it. i can't wait till it gets to MGSV era controls.

the ending of MGS 1 was hilarious. lol at solid snake being a sleigh dog musher named dave and riding off into the sunset with Meryl, promising each other they'd live life to the fullest.

really into it though. i probably won't get to play it again till next week though since it's at my brother's house and he has a "job"

that's my story.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also since i was at my brother's all weekend my plant died :qq:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

the ending of MGS 1 was hilarious. lol at solid snake being a sleigh dog musher named dave and riding off into the sunset with Meryl, promising each other they'd live life to the fullest.

well that wasn't the actual ending now was it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

well that wasn't the actual ending now was it

i don't know what this means and don't tell me if it's spoilery

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PleasureKevin posted:

i don't know what this means and don't tell me if it's spoilery
Nah there's just a second ending if you don't save Meryl and you leave with Otacon instead. That's it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao if you cant take care of a plant.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

angry_keebler posted:

haha you can't even make a level more than 2 screens high

what a toilet of a game
it's kind of possible to create a level that seems taller with the use of doors/pipes/sub-areas. the default max size is huge

also it's awesome and if you cant create a fun level with what it gives you well then i think the fault lies with you

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
D-Walker sucks starting out sorta but wow its really grossly overpowered after you get a few upgrades for it

just stand outside bases and spam-tranq half the place, or stand back at a distance and blast helis out of the sky with rockets or the machine gun. I guess with the machete attachment you can destroy ground vehicles and with the head that lets it fight on its own it'll loving massacre whole bases.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Nah there's just a second ending if you don't save Meryl and you leave with Otacon instead. That's it.

:love: sounds hot

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

it's kind of possible to create a level that seems taller with the use of doors/pipes/sub-areas. the default max size is huge

also it's awesome and if you cant create a fun level with what it gives you well then i think the fault lies with you

yeah this. also every item has a bunch of uses, like a koopa can be set to red or green, you can give it wings, and you can make it bigger with a mushroom. then you can put that in an item box or spawn them from a pipe or attach it to a track

plus each game style has subtly different rules, like you can't pick up shells in smb, can only walljump in nsmb, capes are only available in smw, etc

it's a really good game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Not everything is about gay sex.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm farting so much, lol.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Not everything is about gay sex.

suck my dick!!!