Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've flown my K-Wing several times, and I've come to realize I don't like it much.

I've had more luck using it as a bomber than as a turret, but bombers are pretty situational. I think I'd rather use a TIE Punisher or Firespray and fly an empire list if I wanted to bomb things.

Anyone have any recommended K-Wing loadouts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, blinded pilot and TLT or BTL title, does it proc first attack, second attack goes through normal? If so :getin:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, blinded pilot and TLT or BTL title, does it proc first attack, second attack goes through normal? If so :getin:

Yes second shots for TLT, cluster missiles, BTL and gunner will all proc on a blinded pilot crit

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How does the order of operations work for Xwing? Like if I have blinded pilot on Miranda Doni, are the dice removed before I can subtract one to regen a shield?

I believe the crit takes effect before you can subtract so you wouldnt be able to use Mirandas ability.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2015

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Decided to do a build designed around a Tie/FO so I could have some fun. Don't think this would be uber competitive but I think I could burn down some 5+hp ships pretty fast

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!54:-1,-1,29,94:4:-1:;179:18,-1:-1:17:;79:27,36,61:-1:9:
Mara Jade + Weapons tech for target lock handing out. Use the shuttle to eat damage while whisper and the tie try to murder a few ships. PTL on the TIE/FO so its still more self sustaining in taking advantage of the mega crits

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!54:-1,-1,132,-1:4:-1:;179:18,-1:-1:17:;79:27,36,-1:-1:9:
Emperor!

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!54:-1,-1,61,29:4:-1:;179:20,-1:-1:13:;79:27,36,-1:-1:9:
Expose/experimental interface. Hand off a target lock from the shuttle. Use experimental interface to get a focus and expose action to throw 4 crits at someone point blank

Basically start the round out slow, give out target locks to both whisper and the tie/fo.

Dive the shuttle in to do some damage and block, swing whisper around an angle and the tie from another. Whisper can shoot first to hopefully get some shields off and then drop 3-4 crits on them from the TIE/fo

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Omega Ace is like the ship version of Advanced Proton Torpedo. Sure, it looks great on paper, but everything needs to come together just so for it to work. Nine times out of ten, if you had spent all that effort just shooting dudes, you'd have been more effective.

How often is that shuttle going to be at range 1 to Omega Ace, and Omega ace is going to be at range 1 to the target?

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Geisladisk posted:

Omega Ace is like the ship version of Advanced Proton Torpedo. Sure, it looks great on paper, but everything needs to come together just so for it to work. Nine times out of ten, if you had spent all that effort just shooting dudes, you'd have been more effective.

Exactly my thoughts, but hey lets have fun and try to get it to work! But honestly I could do the expose build and launch 3 crit from range 3 flying in tandem with the shuttle. Could tweak the build to throw on the tech that lets me keep an evade and just dance around launching crits all day

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

How often is that shuttle going to be at range 1 to Omega Ace, and Omega ace is going to be at range 1 to the target?

Having push the limit on the Omega Ace is what really makes his ability deadly. Being able to gain both the target lock and the focus is great and add that with the ion engine its easy to negate the stress.

That means that every round, you could shoot a full crit attack regardless of range, and remove the stress with ease.

Contiunally, with the new card, Comms Array, you will be able to stack Evade tokens, so you store up your evade in the first round, and once you move into position to hi ( I would save it for range band 2 at least), you are off to the races.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

zVxTeflon posted:

Yes second shots for TLT, cluster missiles, BTL and gunner will all proc on a blinded pilot crit

Only with the old damage deck. The new one forces you to skip your next attack phase completely.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Gate posted:

Only with the old damage deck. The new one forces you to skip your next attack phase completely.

I actually benefitted from that one on the old damage deck. I used it to proc bossk+gunner and get a fully modified shot onto Rexler instead of the chance of a mediocre one getting through.

BTW Tek i'm taking a YV with Bossk+Gunner+Tactician+dampeners to a tournament tomorrow. That thing is amazing.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Panzeh posted:

I actually benefitted from that one on the old damage deck. I used it to proc bossk+gunner and get a fully modified shot onto Rexler instead of the chance of a mediocre one getting through.

BTW Tek i'm taking a YV with Bossk+Gunner+Tactician+dampeners to a tournament tomorrow. That thing is amazing.

Yup, they wanted to stop that sort of thing I think. OTOH now you can flip it down of you don't have a target at all, which is really nice.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Panzeh posted:

And EU, right?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

And EU, right?

I can't afford EU. It's basically tactician or EU and I like putting a couple stress tokens on a Soonts or IG if he's unfortunate.

I'm running it with 3 K-fighters.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Played four games today and went 1-3, not my best outing but oh well. My opponent is the one dependable guy I know who'll regularly agree to get some games in, so I usually wind up playing against him more often than not. He doesn't have very many ships so he almost always plays the same list with some cards shuffled around, Chewbacca in the YT-1300 and Horton Salm as a wingman.

I'm not gonna lie, there are things about that list I find frustrating as hell. He runs Horton with R2D2 which means as soon as he takes damage he starts exchanging green maneuvers for shields and while it makes him predictable it also makes him more of a slog to deal with, meanwhile Chewbacca doesn't care about critical damage and has the Falcon title for extra evades when necessary. Instead of the usual C3P0 sort of thing he generally rolls with Gunner or the Luke Skywalker crew, a proton torpedo and turret on Salm (lately a TLT), and today he experimented with Lone Wolf on Chewie. It's not that I've never won against him before, but it's almost always a grinder.

The first two games I was using Bossk and Xizor. Didn't do so hot, which I largely blame on my piloting. Xizor actually turned out to be surprisingly resilient, a combination of Autothrusters, a Sensor Jammer, and his pilot ability meant that he took very little actual damage, but I did poorly at bringing him to bear against targets when I wanted, and I flew Bossk too quickly I think, sending him out of arc too many times and having to slowboat around to get back into position. I've not given up on this list but I need a lot more practice and to think more about how I want to set things up. I may swap Xizor out for Talonbane to see how it works. I'll say that Glitterstim was a surprising flop since every time I used it I rolled either hits/evades or blanks.

The next two games I used the Wes/Wedge/Dutch list with Wedge having a Proton Torpedo to top things off and woah boy, that suddenly went a lot better. First game he experimented by swapping out Horton for Miranda Doni + Chewie. How it went is the K-Wing SLAM'd its way near me, but he was trying to use it for missiles/torpedoes and not bombs and so he didn't have anything to drop in my path along the way. Meanwhile I fly Dutch up and bank Wedge and Wes off to the left, resulting in a perfect intersection of fire. Two rounds later Miranda is toast and Dutch has taken some superficial damage.

Chewie goes after Dutch and lands a single crit through the shields...and it's the one that gets rid of a secondary weapon. Can't wait for those new damage decks. So Dutch is mainly useful as a TL provider at this point, which I exploit while Wes and Wedge veer around. What winds up happening is Chewie is so intent on finishing the crippled Dutch off instead of simply writing him off like I thought he would that I wind up being able to lead the Falcon near one side of the map...whereupon I flip a 4 K-turn that puts me past the Falcon juuuuust at the edge of the mat, facing the Falcon with my primary arc and Wedge and Wes coming in hot from the other direction. It turns out he chased me so hard, in fact, that on his next maneuver there was only one thing he could do to not fly off the mat...bump Dutch, which would leave him nice and stationary for Wes and Wedge to finish off. That game ended quickly and decisively.

Second game started out good with some fancy flying on my part that resulted in the Falcon getting sandwiched by Wes and Wedge thanks to letting Wedge bump Wes to keep him at range 1 of an incoming Falcon while Wes then pulled a K-turn to flank the Falcon from the rear...but I rolled badly on Wes' attack there and while the Falcon did fall it wound up taking Wes down with it. At that point Horton was mostly undamaged and went after Wedge, and I missed my opportunity to give Wedge one last shot at him by the narrowest of margins, just barely grazing my own Y-Wing as I pulled a K-turn that if I could have completed it would I think have won me the game. Unfortunately it went down to Dutch vs. Horton and with R2D2 in his pocket I couldn't put damage out fast enough.

Upon reflection I think I'm going to give Seismic Charges on Dutch a try, but I also realized something else...I think for a list like that an Ion Cannon Turret might actually be more useful. The TLT is undeniably nice, but I think being able to make someone's movement more predictable when you're trying to set them up for a pair of X-Wings to pounce on them could be quite helpful, and there were a few points throughout those two matches where I think being able to zap the other Y-Wing or even set the Falcon up to be ionized would have let me get some big hits in.

Tomorrow I'm going to an X-Wing open-play at another game store in the area and I'll probably try out both lists with some amendments then and see how they perform.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Picked up the Kihraxz Fighter yesterday and just ran Talonbane Cobra. He seems quite the thing. 5 dice at range 1 with Glitterstim is rather fun.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Serotonin posted:

Picked up the Kihraxz Fighter yesterday and just ran Talonbane Cobra. He seems quite the thing. 5 dice at range 1 with Glitterstim is rather fun.

I'm not too fond of Talonbane Cobra because he's stuck in the Kihrakxz. If he were in a StarViper or something, oh my.

Don't get me wrong, I like the K-fighter, but only as a generic.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yea the kirahkxz is pretty easy to focus down really and talonbane doesn't really have the means of avoiding that damage.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I'm fairly new to the game, bought into it on release then never really got to play it till recently so I'm not sure what's considered good or not. I'm quite keen on getting into S&V as I have a Firespray and now the Khiraxz. Any tips on what in that faction works well.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The Hound's Tooth is really good.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I like Marauders, but cheap, low PS fighters are a way to go if you are good at strategic thinking.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

The Hound's Tooth is really good.

Yeah the YV generic is really solid value with the crew available in the faction. It's way better than a shuttle.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Panzeh posted:

Hang on, YV-666 with Inertial Dampeners? But it already has a red 0 move?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Endman posted:

It does, but dampeners let you do it when you're already stressed which can let you stall two consecutive turns or stall after you've benefitted from bossk.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Endman posted:

In theory it could be a last ditch post move thing. I mean, ID says when you flip your dial, you change your manuver. Could be a one short arc dodge thing.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Ahh, I see. Good points.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Had my second (and third and fourth) game today, first game using the full rules. Game owns, Howlrunner owns, I'm determined to somehow make the Y-Wing own because love that ship.

The guy I was playing against said he mainly plays Armada though, and that most of the local X-Wing players had moved onto that. If I'm about to be spending all my pounds on plastic spaceships anyway, is Armada any good?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Vitamin P posted:

Had my second (and third and fourth) game today, first game using the full rules. Game owns, Howlrunner owns, I'm determined to somehow make the Y-Wing own because love that ship.

Well the Y-Wing is already a pretty decent ship so not much needs to be done to "make" it own. Rebel Y-Wings suffer from not having any Elite Talent slots but even then they have their uses, and Horton Salm loves that new Twin Laser Turret. Meanwhile Scum Y-Wings were the new hotness for a while, and Kavil is still a solid ship with a powerful ability. On both factions you can get a lot of mileage out of a cheap, low PS Y-Wing equipped with a turret and maybe an astromech of some sort.

quote:

The guy I was playing against said he mainly plays Armada though, and that most of the local X-Wing players had moved onto that. If I'm about to be spending all my pounds on plastic spaceships anyway, is Armada any good?

It's...having bought and played some Armada I think it's okay. In my personal experience it takes longer to play, takes up more tablespace, and doesn't have the robust variety of things you can do with a list that X-Wing does simply due to the fact that it has far fewer ships/upgrades and hasn't been kicking around for as long. Budget-wise it's also going to run you a bit more...X-Wing expansions run between $15-30 for most ships outside of Epic scale stuff while Armada ships tend to be between $20-50. It's also a pretty different sort of game and if you're into X-Wing's tight-maneuvering dogfights you may not care for it even if you have a lot of players in your area. Definitely try before you buy imo.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Played a game against my brothers Scrum today, 100 point dogfight.

I thought I'd give my rebels a run out for a change. Ran

Wedge+Push the Limit+R2 unit
Coran Horn + Fire Control System + R2D2
Biggs

He had
Binyare Pirate
Cartel Spacer
Kavill + Autoblaster Turret + Unhinged Astromech
Bossk+ Nashtar Pup

I immediately cocked up and by turn 3 Coran was in the middle of the joust. Biggs was deleted as planned then Coran got wiped out in a turn of shooting, though he did manage to destroy the Cartel Spacer and strip the shields from Kavill. My stupidity continued when the Binyare Pirate had an illegal manoeuvre and I used my free choice of his move to put him in position for Wedge to bump him. By now all I had was Wedge and I thought that was it.

My green dice held and I ended up bouncing off the back of Bossk with two solid turns of range two shots on Kavill without any real return fire. Y-wings are tough but couldn't repel firepower of that magnitude. He then made his next mistake and I managed 4 turns of unanswered shooting at the back of Bossk, who promtly disintegrated. Came down to an exciting joust against the two Z-95s which Wedge just couldn't keep up with.

Wedge was MVP and Coran was solid (just used very badly), Biggs was a wasted opportunity and 2 Z-95s would have been much more useful. My brother is in love with that Kavill build but its a little too restricted with range 1 for my taste, even with the Unhinged astromech after the first pass its easy to stay at range 2-3 and burn it down. The Hound's Tooth is a tank and was certainly strong but the dial was quite predictable.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think I really like bombs and mines.

I've had very good luck with Proximity Mines recently, so I decided to build a bomber Firespray with a miniswarm.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!40:22,28,139,-1:1:1:U.126;184:-1:-1:-1:;184:-1:-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:

I've won two of my last three games with this list, and the one that I lost was because the other guy had a Phantom I just couldn't catch.

I think it would be better with 3x Academy Pilots and Howlrunner, but I don't actually have the standalone TIE fighter set.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Trip report, I got to play more Wangs today. I went to a new game store that boasts Sunday X-Wing open play to see what it's like...lots of play space in the back buuuuut only one other person showed up. Oh well, I ain't picky, Wangs is Wangs. Turns out I've played that guy before at my usual game store so I guess he goes to this new place regularly, so that's a good sign, and the store owners seemed to indicate that they did actually have more players than that, I guess today was just a slow day, whatever. I got three games in against my one opponent and went 2-1.

First up he was flying Dash + PtL + Outrider/Mangler + Engine Upgrade along with two Gold Squad Y-Wings with Ion Cannons and the BTL title, one with the stressbot. For this match I was flying the "Dutch Courage" list of Wedge (Opportunist + R2 Astromech), Wes (VI), and Dutch Vander (TLT, R2 Astromech, Bomb Loadout, Seismic Charges, Extra Munitions). I figured this was going to be a grinder of a match but it turned out to be not that bad. I tend to have Dutch fly out in advance to start TLT sniping and have Wedge and Wes bringing up the rear, this lead to the first real round of combat being amidst a cluster of obstacles. Wedge and Wes burned down the Y-Wing with the stressbot first but had picked up some stress themselves (Wedge had 2!) and so I started looping Dutch around the outside while Dash did the same, the pair of them trading fire turret to turret. I'm getting better at predicting my opponents' movements based on their ship and the situation (I think) so I was able to sandwich his last Y-Wing between the X-Wings and blow it up while Dutch, battered and with his PS reduced to 0 by a critical hit, chipped away at Dash. I think after playing this match I'm more strongly in favor of the TLT over Ion Turrets.

Also bombs! Turns out those seismic charges are really useful at making people move how you want them to, and I'm definitely in favor of them now. I managed to get the other Y-Wing with my last one before blowing it up, and while Dutch eventually died (after several rounds of rolling an evade on his 1 green die to avoid 1 crit Mangler Cannon shots) he had done plenty of damage, handed out TLs, and both Wedge and Wes had only taken a single hit apiece and I finished off Dash (by now down to 4 hull) in short order.

Second match we both changed our lists up to try new things. He was running:

Darth Vader (EU, Title + ATC, Swarm Tactics)
Howlrunner (Swarm Tactics)
2x Tempest Squadron Pilots (Title + ATC)

Meanwhile, I decided to try out the following:

Trandoshan Slaver (Gunner, Bossk, Greedo, Engine Upgrade)
Black Sun Ace (Veteran Instincts, Glitterstim)
Talonbane Cobra (Lightning Reflexes, Glitterstim)

This match went disastrously for me. He kept his TIEs all in formation and met my Slaver head-on whereupon it got brutalized in short order. Those Advanced Targeting Computers on the Advanceds are quite worth it, especially when Howlrunner is on hand to provide some rerolls. I managed to get all of one attack with the Slaver off which one-shotted Howlrunner but it wasn't enough to make a difference. I slung the K-fighters around but between some atrocious dice results on my part (multiple instances of rolling three hits only to be met with three natural evades) I don't think I managed to take another of his ships down.

Third match was a rematch with the same lists as before, Scum versus Imperials. This time I tried something I've never done before...I gave him initiative (I had 98 points to his 100) to see if forcing him to move his 2 PS Advanced pilots before my Slaver made a difference and it kinda did help, yeah.

As before the Slaver got melted very, very quickly under withering fire, and this time only managed to strip the shields off a Tempest pilot before dying...but since I knew he was going to follow it to finish it off I flew it towards the outside of the mat to draw him in that direction while the K-fighters looped back for a flank. Once again Howlrunner was first to die only now it was Vader and both Tempests against me and my two K-fighters.

Somehow I pulled it off. Some games come down to luck, a good roll at the right time or that Direct Hit just when you need it, but this time I think looking back on it I can legitimately say I outflew him. Thanks to Lightning Reflexes and the K-fighter's 1-sharp turn I was able to pivot and hit Darth Vader's rear at range 1 with Talonbane + Glitterstim, bringing him down low enough that my Black Sun Ace could finish him off. Talonbane had 2 stress and the Ace had 1, but it was down to them (Talonbane at 3 hull, the Ace untouched) against two Tempest pilots (one at full health, the other at 3 hull as well). From there it was a matter of predicting where he'd be going and I managed to accomplish that for two rounds while working to clear my stress. In the end it came down to the final round where I'd gotten both Talonbane and the Ace at range 1 of their respective targets, stress-free, with a target lock on each and that was enough to seal the deal.

Thoughts:

-The TIE Advanced with the upgrades is a surprisingly menacing ship. I don't know that I'd use it for swarms per se but a few of them properly outfitted can put out a hurting in short order.

-I really want to love that cheap Slaver but goddamn, that thing died quicker than my attempts to fly Firesprays. I have no idea how to properly bring it to bear against a swarm like that without being mobbed to death.

-Wes + Wedge + Dutch continues to remain both powerful and fun. I think at this point the only changes I see myself making are an R2 Astromech for Wes and Integrated Astromech for both X-Wings (bringing the points to 99, but effectively a 1 point shield upgrade for both Wedge and Wes is too good to pass up).

-I dig the K-fighter. The lack of a 3-sharp turn and 1-straight, while problematic at times, was made up for by the 1-sharp letting me stick close to my targets. Glitterstim proved useful in the rematch but otherwise it seems like every time I use it I stop rolling eyes so, but Lightning Reflexes has always resulted in at least one good round of shooting so I'll say it's a Good Card. I actually like Talonbane Cobra too and I don't think replacing him with a generic K-fighter would have been better given the times when those 5 red dice came in handy (ignoring the times that I rolled, say, two hits and a crit to be met with three evades).

-The Ace pulled his weight too though, and I don't think Graz the Hunter would have been that much more effective for the extra points cost. Veteran Instincts seems a bit wasted on him though since people tend to run either really high PS or really low PS ships with little middle ground. At PS 7 he didn't beat Howlrunner or Vader, and even at PS 5 he would still have beat the Tempest pilots. So I'm thinking I'll probably run something else on him in the future. Adrenaline Rush? Lightning Reflexes? I'm not sure what to think about Crack Shot to be honest it seems more situationally useful than other one-and-dones.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Okay challenge for the thread, if you have to use Luke/Wedge/Biggs in a game, how would you build them in your 100 points?

Best I can come up with is this

Advice?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

kingcom posted:

Okay challenge for the thread, if you have to use Luke/Wedge/Biggs in a game, how would you build them in your 100 points?

Best I can come up with is [url=https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!5:18,-1,2:-1:3:;0:57,-1,-1:-1:-1:;4:-1,3:-1:1:]this[/url]

Advice?

Somebody ran the numbers pages pack and found that Luke + Lone Wolf + Stealth Device had an absurdly high probability rate of getting really good evasion results. So maybe something like:

Wedge
(Push the Limit + R2 Astromech + Proton Torpedo + Integrated Astromech)

Luke
(Lone Wolf + R2 Astromech + Stealth Device)

Biggs
(R2-D2 + Integrated Astromech)

This is assuming you're okay proxying stuff from Wave 8 of course. Otherwise the Integrated Astromech upgrades cost 0 points so you can drop them and it doesn't change anything, list costs 100 points on the nose.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Rather have predator on Wedge than PTL, even with a torpedo. I know having a TL+focus on a normal attack and a focus on the torpedo attack is more individually powerful, keeping the maneuvering options open even more than the R2 Astromech already does helps it out. Far as I'm concerned, that R2 is a shield upgrade waiting to happen when I need it most instead of on some random rear end hit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Predator's not a bad choice either. To be honest when I'm flying Wedge I tend to treat him as a fast-burning "I've gotta gently caress as many people up with this guy in as short an amount of time as possible" sort of thing, and if you're flying Biggs alongside him to draw fire then I figure you can afford some slow flying until Biggs bites the dust, but otherwise yeah, Predator's a good choice too.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 14, 2015

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
Maybe [url=https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!5:18,-1,2:-1:3:;0:57,-1,-1:-1:-1:;4:-1,3:-1:1:]this[/url]?

I don't really care for Biggs and Luke together. Seems like a waste to defend Luke whose ability is defensive. And Wedge is at his best when someone sets him up.

Maybe instead do [url=https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!5:151,-1,60:-1:-1:;0:18,-1,148:-1:3:;4:-1,3:-1:20:]this one [/url].

Or use Lone Wolf Stealth Luke instead of this one.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am trying to come up with a list that uses Talonbane cobra and some sort of YV-666. I mainly want to try out my new scrum ships. I was thinking of the following:

Trandoshan Slaver — YV-666 29
Gunner 5
Bossk 2
Ship Total: 36

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 35

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 20
Twin Laser Turret 6
Recon Specialist 3
Ship Total: 29

My thinking was that Talonbane can really benefit from EU to either get to range 1, or run to range 3 (when I screw up positioning). I didn't really want to add just a plain Y-Wing with TLT, so I am hoping that Palob will be a nice long range decoy to pull attention away from my heavy hitters.

Does the YV-666 have any "must have" upgrade cards? I played a pair of games with the Bossk piloted ship, and never used the EU or wing modification that it had. The K4 droid was used almost every turn though. Figuring Bossk crew more than makes up for the K4 droid.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've been thinking something similar since my last two games where I got my YV-666 burned down in short order, except I was thinking of using Torkil Mux instead of Palob. Drop someone's PS to 0, let the Slaver get a shot in on them first, chip away with the turret.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Orvin posted:

Does the YV-666 have any "must have" upgrade cards? I played a pair of games with the Bossk piloted ship, and never used the EU or wing modification that it had. The K4 droid was used almost every turn though. Figuring Bossk crew more than makes up for the K4 droid.

I have been running with the K4, Outlaw Tech, Recon Spec., Mangler, and Calculations. Getting 3 crits on your dice, turning 1 into 2 hits, and pushing the remaining 2 crits through on a cocky Fat Han player is fun. Doing it 2 turns in a row is sublime.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Kai Tave posted:

-Wes + Wedge + Dutch continues to remain both powerful and fun. I think at this point the only changes I see myself making are an R2 Astromech for Wes and Integrated Astromech for both X-Wings (bringing the points to 99, but effectively a 1 point shield upgrade for both Wedge and Wes is too good to pass up).

I know I can't claim credit for the core Wes/Wedge Opportunist concept, but seeing someone flying your exact list down to the name, doing well with it and enjoying it is all kinds of gratifying. Awesome to hear it's working well for you, I too won't ever give up those two Seismic now, they pay for themselves every match without fail.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Shockeh posted:

I know I can't claim credit for the core Wes/Wedge Opportunist concept, but seeing someone flying your exact list down to the name, doing well with it and enjoying it is all kinds of gratifying. Awesome to hear it's working well for you, I too won't ever give up those two Seismic now, they pay for themselves every match without fail.

I've flown it once and while im 90% imperial, it was a tonne of fun for someone who didnt know what he was doing :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's really wild too seeing everyone elsewhere gush about the T70, which is admittedly a nice looking ship, while simultaneously complaining/sighing about the T65 and writing it off, and then it's like "yeah, I'm using Wedge Antilles and Wes Janson." I think every time I've used that list or a variation on it there's always been that initial moment when I set the Wes+Wedge combo up where my opponent realizes "oh wait, this is bad." I think that Integrated Astromech is going to really help it go the distance because no post-dial movement is something you can learn to work around with sufficient practice (I'm still proud of how I flew those K-fighters on that last game) but five hitpoints is unfortunately a little fragile, and having that extra panic button on hand is something that could have come in handy several times now.

Also this is the first excuse I've ever had to use Dutch Vander so that's cool too.

• Locked thread