Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

my fantasy roster sucks because I was too distracted watching Brazil skullfuck the USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Im running a 32 player mafia like game NFL themed (well, less like mafia and more like the old "the infected" game I think it was called) but a little different, just lots of killing and poo poo, maybe a little strategy if you like that

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

my fantasy roster sucks because I was too distracted watching Brazil skullfuck the USA

The panthers defense was a good pickup. I wouldn't rely on cam as my qb though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Im running a 32 player mafia like game NFL themed (well, less like mafia and more like the old "the infected" game I think it was called) but a little different, just lots of killing and poo poo, maybe a little strategy if you like that

The player with the Patriots role pm is allowed to look at the mod doc.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I almost immediately regret picking Romo mostly because I'm forced to root for the Cowboys to do well rather than laugh at funny picks.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Where's the link?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Link it in tff!

Magnus Gallant posted:

The panthers defense was a good pickup. I wouldn't rely on cam as my qb though.

I forgot kelvin died lol

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

I almost immediately regret picking Romo mostly because I'm forced to root for the Cowboys to do well rather than laugh at funny picks.

I have to root for romo to throw interceptions or passes to witten and also Randall to run some tds in.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Magnus Gallant posted:

Where's the link?

I meant to say i'm working on it but itll be up tonight or early in the morning

can pre-sign up here if you want

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

I forgot kelvin died lol

I got Carson Palmer who's putting up some good numbers if you're interested in a trade of some sort.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Link it in tff!

I forgot kelvin died lol

Yeah the panthers are my team. I love those guys but we ain't gonna do poo poo this year with a bunch of dudes who drop more often than they catch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I know nothing about foosball, I'm in.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lurking is bad

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

lurking is bad

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I am so tempted but I remember signing up for one of your games a year ago (I think) and couldn't manage to keep up this early in the semester.

Maybe if it is a big game...

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
ifonly there was some sort of queueue

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DuckHuntDog posted:

I am so tempted but I remember signing up for one of your games a year ago (I think) and couldn't manage to keep up this early in the semester.

Maybe if it is a big game...

it's honestly less like a huge mafia game and more like a card game with killings

32 players, each will have 10 players / cards and every day or twice a day everybody will submit an action (e.g. tom brady kills antonio brown)

but there will be special powers for each cards that each player will assign, so like a 1 use block on a certain night on antonio brown will make it so he's not eliminated from your deck, or a tnt card where anybody that focuses that card also loses their card

last person to have the most players will win (there will be super power cards too that are even more powerful)

its going to be fun

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda at my wit's end with lurking.

Foo's game had basically 2/3rds of the scumteam completely afk.

It's incredibly frustrating as both a player and a mod. When half the game is lurking then it's just the active people yelling at each other and then we get people saying in the discussion thread that when a few people are active they feel like they can't jump in, but then you feel like if you don't say anything then nobody will and the game just dies slowly.

Then as a mod you feel like you have to come up with ridiculous solutions that either allow people to try to game you by playing to ensure/prevent modkills or feel arbitrary and make your players angry that you've taken away their agency.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm never running an actual real mafia big game again. That poo poo is hell

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

it's honestly less like a huge mafia game and more like a card game with killings

32 players, each will have 10 players / cards and every day or twice a day everybody will submit an action (e.g. tom brady kills antonio brown)

but there will be special powers for each cards that each player will assign, so like a 1 use block on a certain night on antonio brown will make it so he's not eliminated from your deck, or a tnt card where anybody that focuses that card also loses their card

last person to have the most players will win (there will be super power cards too that are even more powerful)

its going to be fun

I'll pressign

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

its going to be fun

Sign me the gently caress up.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm kinda at my wit's end with lurking.

I don't know what the answer is because even going nuts with modkilling hasn't done much to help the last few games I have played, and it really ruins the game. A bigger game will be active, but then have half the players not posting at all.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
if you think non mafia big games are easier to mod than mafia big games you are really in for a shock dbd. mafia is super simple in comparison

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The last big game I ran broke me and f_v had to pick up the pieces

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

busb posted:

if you think non mafia big games are easier to mod than mafia big games you are really in for a shock dbd. mafia is super simple in comparison

Half of my problem is sending out pms and flavor, intend for neither to really happen in this. Just private messaging people is such a chore for me for some reason

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

The last big game I ran broke me and f_v had to pick up the pieces

That's cause it had like 69 players and you're not very good at 69

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Pharell looks like a gremlin wearing a hat

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It was like 97

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
According to votefinder it was 91, which I'm trying to imagine as a sexual position, and I just ended up tilting my head to the side like a dog.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That doesn't include the court of gems or Jon joe or fast luck or

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The 91: 9 is kneeling in a chain Italian restaurant parking lot, giving 1 a beej.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Passenger seat to driver seat j

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But aren't the loop parts of 6 and 9 supposed to be the heads and their direction, so a 91 is like a person with their back to their partner who either doesn't have a head or is completely straightened up?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

But aren't the loop parts of 6 and 9 supposed to be the heads and their direction, so a 91 is like a person with their back to their partner who either doesn't have a head or is completely straightened up?

it's someone twerking on a pole

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That could work.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm Veterans Stadium

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I skipped 3 pages of discussion did I miss anything?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

I have to root for romo to throw interceptions or passes to witten and also Randall to run some tds in.

I haven't really lost it yet but two TDs to Witten didn't help.

EccoRaven posted:

I skipped 3 pages of discussion did I miss anything?

Everyone wants to hear your thoughts on the current community and lurking.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Are you floundering?

I'll see myself out.

this was the only post worth reading

DuckHuntDog posted:

Everyone wants to hear your thoughts on the current community and lurking.
don't bait me! nobody wants to hear my thoughts on anything though I very rarely care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ecco I want to hear your thoughts on not caring about things.