Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Domattee posted:

Absolutely nothing came of anything similar, so expect the republicans on the committee to make a lot of hot air about how PP isn't videotaping every single corner of every location they have, and how the committee thus cannot conclusively show that PP didn't eat proud white babies.

Nah, they're going to demand a bunch of documents. Then when those documents are delivered they're going to concoct some stupid bullshit thing about the documents that is only possible because they were given the documents they requested. Look at what the Benghazi investigation became. That's what they plan to do to PP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Other than a complete joke to anybody who wasn't already drinking the koolaid, what did the benghazi investigations become?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Seasons 4 through 17 of the Benghazi Documents really dragged on; however, the upcoming Season 18 premier has been advertised as being shocking and a true return to form.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Branis posted:

Other than a complete joke to anybody who wasn't already drinking the koolaid, what did the benghazi investigations become?

Reality has a liberal bias.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News really really pushed Tony Perkins new book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5PwY1Rzlw

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Branis posted:

The Hillary Clinton email investigations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/11/terrorist-troll-pretended-to-be-isis-white-supremacist-and-jewish-lawyer.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Someone is confusing feminism with capitalism.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

You know, if your opinions are getting favorited by people with Confederate Flag and Swastika profile pictures, it might be a sign that you should reconsider them

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Isn't that the woman who petitioned The President to abolish the federal government, sign over full administrative powers to the San Francisco tech industry, and name Eric Schmidt CEO of America

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

PupsOfWar posted:

Isn't that the woman who petitioned The President to abolish the federal government, sign over full administrative powers to the San Francisco tech industry, and name Eric Schmidt CEO of America

Quite possibly stupider than jrod himself

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Yeah she's out there. Really popped up in the scene during Occupy Wall Street as an avowed tranarchist* and now she's one of those Dark Enlightenment types that treats the Silicon Valley like it's the Ground Zero for the Techno-singularity that will save us all.
*Fun fact being transgender doesn't keep you from being a loving idiot. Naturally she's the "fighting for middle class white privilege" flavor of anarchist.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 13, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Yeah she's out there. Really popped up in the scene during Occupy Wall Street as an avowed tranarchist* and now she's one of those Dark Enlightenment types that treats the Silicon Valley like it's the Ground Zero for the Techno-singularity that will save us all.
*Fun fact being transgender doesn't keep you from being a loving idiot. Naturally she's the "fighting for middle class white privilege" flavor of anarchist.

So the Anarchists that want police to protect them from their slaves, so Libertarian?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGl9a8BcqI

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In a stunning turn of event, media investigations find that Donald Trump's dad was arrested in a KKK brawl with cops back in 1927.

This does not say that he was a member of the KKK then but good golly miss molly.

https://boingboing.net/2015/09/09/1927-news-report-donald-trump.html

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

In a stunning turn of event, media investigations find that Donald Trump's dad was arrested in a KKK brawl with cops back in 1927.

This does not say that he was a member of the KKK then but good golly miss molly.

If it turns out he was, though, watch Trump's poll numbers go up. :suicide:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

A Family History of Opposing Authority.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Its almost like someones sexual identity, orientation or gender identity can be completely separate from their politics. :jerkbag:

Seriously what does her being a transperson have to do with the rest of the poo poo you posted?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
In the sense that I find it kind of unfathomable that she'd be the type of person to approve of the bell curve hypothesis and side with GamerGate nuts of all people. I suppose being a Silicon Valley techie trumps any possible life experience she may have had prior.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 14, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Klaus88 posted:

Its almost like someones sexual identity, orientation or gender identity can be completely separate from their politics. :jerkbag:

Seriously what does her being a transperson have to do with the rest of the poo poo you posted?

Justine Tunney is a transperson who latched on hard to the Anita Sarkeesian hate thing and is an unabashed ancap shitlord.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Something 88 years ago is relevant.... That's about as bad as birthers.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Steven Crowder ‏@scrowder
Today, @NotGayJared and I were kicked out of a feminist film festival, returned in our underwear & had the cops called on us. Vid soon!

:commissar:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

The saddest part is that he probably thinks he's proven something.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

L-Boned posted:

Something 88 years ago is relevant
:tinfoil: :godwin:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

L-Boned posted:

I guess it isn't. We already knew Trump was a racist. Even if this leads to evidence of direct transmission of his father's beliefs to him, he's still the most overtly racist major presidential candidate in decades.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

L-Boned posted:

I mean I don't think anyone is going to say he should resign from the race because of it or whatever but yea it does explain a little bit about him if daddy was bashing cop heads for his right to burn crosses and string black people up.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

L-Boned posted:

I guess if you've been following Trump the whole time and this is the thing that finally makes you decide he's racist...

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NotGayJared's twitter bio posted:

@NotGayJared

Unworthy servant of @scrowder.

Uhhh... huh.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

What is with the Milo Yiannaopulos's, Stephen Crowder's and Project Veritas types of the world?

They all seem desperate to do things like go:

"OH YOU LIKE FEMINISM, HUH? WELL SO AND SO MOLESTED A CHILD SO THEIR POINT IS INVALID! MEN'S RIGHTS!"

Like when they expose "Corruption" it's so minor and to a point that no one with half a brain cell should give a poo poo about. Like the whole Acorn scandal? Who gave a poo poo. Yet it completely destroyed their entire organization as a result of misinformation and selective editing by that little twat.

Also, @Nero is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Most gay men I know are very pro-women's rights and would find his actions despicable.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It doesn't take a majority for a good witch-hunt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr. Killjoy posted:

In the sense that I find it kind of unfathomable that she'd be the type of person to approve of the bell curve hypothesis and side with GamerGate nuts of all people. I suppose being a Silicon Valley techie trumps any possible life experience she may have had prior.

There's some weird people associating themselves with Gamergate recently, because a handful of anti-gamer gate people are going way too far with being offended. But somehow the few gamergaters who post rape and murder constantly, or try to do drive bys in their moms prius are all just the fringe. :psyduck:

Thing about Trumps dad being involved with the Klan (possibly) is don't forget the Klan was a hugely popular group, even in the north, during that period of time. Hell, Indiana was basically run by the Klan for much of the decade until a sex scandal brought them down. This was the era where they openly marched in DC, where being a Klan member was a gateway to contacts that could help you get a job or customers for your business. They were also heavily influential in prohibition, but mostly focused on blacks, who actually drank less than whites.

Thanks DW Griffith! (Klan membership was non-existent until birth of a nation came out and inspired an entire generation of men to start it up again, under the leadership of a that I cannot remember the name of right now who founded the new Klan in Stone Mountain Georgia, which is why that's such a mecca for Confederates.)

Man, my BA in history is only useful in making posts.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

"Sex scandal" is a very mild way to describe the Indiana Klan leader kidnapping, raping, and murdering a white woman.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

FuzzySkinner posted:

Also, @Nero is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Most gay men I know are very pro-women's rights and would find his actions despicable.

And the ones that don't just don't care much about women one way or another. Like they're not interested in women at all. Which I feel is acceptable? :shrug:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Sex scandal" is a very mild way to describe the Indiana Klan leader kidnapping, raping, and murdering a white woman.

Well it's only wrong if "Those People" do it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Klaus88 posted:

And the ones that don't just don't care much about women one way or another. Like they're not interested in women at all. Which I feel is acceptable? :shrug:

If by "don't care much" you mean "ignore all the ways women are discriminated against," then no, I wouldn't call that acceptable. That's basically just another form of "gently caress you, got mine."

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

VideoTapir posted:

Someone is confusing feminism with capitalism.

*scary buzzwords* *scary buzzwords* *scary buzzwords*

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Well Glenn Beck has officially entered the 'Ask his supporters for $10m' of the televangelist life cycle

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Good Citizen posted:

Well Glenn Beck has officially entered the 'Ask his supporters for $10m' of the televangelist life cycle

Tell him I will give him 25 bucks for that weird thing on his desk

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Tell him I will give him 25 bucks for that weird thing on his desk

I wonder if he shilled for that space onion because there's an "also bought" that seems kinda out of place...

Glenn's space onion

I spent more time than I probably should have trying to find that thing but it's just so weird.

bij fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FuzzySkinner posted:

What is with the Milo Yiannaopulos's, Stephen Crowder's and Project Veritas types of the world?

They all seem desperate to do things like go:

"OH YOU LIKE FEMINISM, HUH? WELL SO AND SO MOLESTED A CHILD SO THEIR POINT IS INVALID! MEN'S RIGHTS!"

Like when they expose "Corruption" it's so minor and to a point that no one with half a brain cell should give a poo poo about. Like the whole Acorn scandal? Who gave a poo poo. Yet it completely destroyed their entire organization as a result of misinformation and selective editing by that little twat.

They're trolls. Trolls who think they're fighting a great kulturkampf... trolls who think they can "win" with troll tactics.

http://therightstuff.biz/2015/07/01/the-future-belongs-to-right-wing-internet-trolls/ (note: unironic nazis here)

https://www.reddit.com/user/European88?sort=top (note: unironic nazis here)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/11/terrorist-troll-pretended-to-be-isis-white-supremacist-and-jewish-lawyer.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/29/dylann-roof-4chan-and-the-new-online-racism.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/12/right-wing-trolls-hijack-scifi-oscars.html

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 14, 2015