Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baal posted:

They actually announced some Part V chars a while ago iirc

Some but not all. No Bruno announcement yet.

Okuyasu looks ok to me, more like the menacing early okuyasu than good times bro but that's nbd. It's probably impossible for me to dislike okuyasu in any setting, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm more waiting to see some Part 6 characters. I know we'll get Jolyne and Pucci because of course, but I'd like to see FF and Weather showing up. And of course more SBR people, but at the very least we get Diego.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Mountain Tim is too good for Eyes of Heaven, just like he was too good for this world.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Speaking of part 4 has there been any word if David is going to adapt it?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Naerasa posted:

Mountain Tim is too good for Eyes of Heaven, just like he was too good for this world.

It's hilarious how shady the actual protagonists of SBR are standing next to Mountain Tim. A couple of selfish rich kids with just enough ethics to realise that letting anybody have a magical corpse that prevents anything bad from happening to them is a really bad idea. I'm saying this from a place of love of course, the SBR boys are great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neo_Crimson posted:

Speaking of part 4 has there been any word if David is going to adapt it?

If we get any news it'll probably be at Jump Festa

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I know it gets asked a lot, but after finishing Part 4, a friend and I are thinking about Part 5. However, we've both heard that the translation is Not Good, which concerns me. How bad are we talking? Clunky at times but overall decent, or Google Translate having a stroke?
Also, I hear about a new translation? Does anybody have any details on that?

Alternatively, we could skip to Part 6, but I'd rather not skip a part without a really good reason.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Serperoth posted:

I know it gets asked a lot, but after finishing Part 4, a friend and I are thinking about Part 5. However, we've both heard that the translation is Not Good, which concerns me. How bad are we talking? Clunky at times but overall decent, or Google Translate having a stroke?

Alternatively, we could skip to Part 6, but I'd rather not skip a part without a really good reason.

The good answer is to read all of them because they're all good.

The other answer is that, because they're all relatively self-contained and all good, read in whatever order you want/whenever you want. You can always read it later.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the arc 5 translation is readable but its biggest sin is that it doesn't give characters as much personality as they should have, so in a way it's like reading a dictionary with pictures.

also, the new translation is going along well enough (and is updated frequently) but like most anything it's going to take at least some time to finish.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the arc 5 translation is readable but its biggest sin is that it doesn't give characters as much personality as they should have, so in a way it's like reading a dictionary with pictures.

also, the new translation is going along well enough (and is updated frequently) but like most anything it's going to take at least some time to finish.

That's a good metaphor, I think I get it.
Is there a link to the crew that's making it, or its speed in general? I like that it's updated frequently at least.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Serperoth posted:

The part 5 translation was done by people who didn't really know Japanese. This results in the translation being very flat and often wrong. The new translation is apparently really good. I haven't read it yet, but I think its around a third of the way through right now?
With how often people ask this, it really should be added to the first post.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Part 5 is just dry and gets details wrong, the English itself is fine. Don't skip parts, reread part 5 as the new translation gets updated.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Serperoth posted:

The English is gramatically fine, but often does not actually match the meaning of the Japanese, to the point where sometimes they were clearly just making something up to fill holes. It makes the characters much more bland and confusing stand powers even more confusing. That said, it still has some of the best fights in Part 5, and the coolness of the characters is able to overcome the handicap at times. I'd recommend still reading it, as there is a good translation underway that's gotten enough done that you'll get a good feel for the characters before it cuts out, but it'll probably be years before it is actually finished.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
drat, those twins got clowned. Jojolion's a straight up fighter.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/09/15/jolyne-hermes-weather-report-pucchi-join-jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-of-heaven/

weather report :swoon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

INVISIBLE ZOMBIES

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

limp biscuit???

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Limp Biscuit"

:effort:

I wonder if Weather's ultimate will be turning the opposing team into snails.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait to avoid Soggy Cracker in the official localization.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Haha, I hadn't even noticed the Limp Biscuit part.

This makes me unreasonably happy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That's pretty cool.

Speaking of which, I like how Jonathan and Kars have special quotes to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-AOVj04jjo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man, I will never get over how different Okuyasu looks when he's first introduced.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Enourmo posted:

Man, I will never get over how different Okuyasu looks when he's first introduced.

Menacing

Terrifying

Evil, Awful

Okuyasu

What is WITH that tongue though. No wonder big bro thinks there's nothing going on upstairs.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Who is hosting the new translation, anyhow? Is it batoto or another one?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

Who is hosting the new translation, anyhow? Is it batoto or another one?

I've been reading it on Batoto.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Enourmo posted:

Same for Rohan and The Lock and Superfly and Highway star and the Wooden puppet fucker.

It's almost as if it was thing that was going on with the art for the part.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reading part 4 makes me wish that I had a friend 1/8th as great as Okuyasu

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same for Rohan and The Lock and Superfly and Highway star and the Wooden puppet fucker.

It's almost as if it was thing that was going on with the art for the part.

Yeah but okuyasu was basically just drawn stardust crusaders style at first,same as josuke at the time. Those two mostly shifted with the total art style of the comic, rather than standing out like the others.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A friend sent me a Super Action Statue Crazy Diamond. It's the best thing I have by a million miles.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pics please. Show me your JoJo collections.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My collection's pretty much non existent and my phone's camera is worse.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's some images from my old place of mine

Please ignore the copies of Attack on Titan volumes 1-12, I've been meaning to update it, also the copy of Smash 3DS

I've also added a Josuke Statue and Jojonium Vol. 3 to my collection

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That JOJOVELLER looks beautiful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's super nice and also incredibly loving huge so I never pull out the artbook

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Haha i just got jojoveller myself yesterday!! It is gorgeous.

I want the crazy diamond figure now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
JOJOVELLER is on my list of things to buy maybe once I have money again.

In the meantime at least I've got all of Parts 1 and 3 and some of 7.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked the little picture ads for jojoveller where they showed jojoveller under the effects of different stands

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sadly I just moved so they're packed away somewhere, but thanks to birthdays and Christmas, I have Part 3 Jotaro, Star Platinum, Jolyne, Jo2uke, and Soft & Wet. Plus the first two JoJonium hardcovers.

JoJoVeller is amazing though, I'd love to have that one day.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't wanna post lovely phone pics in this thread like I have before, but I have a Statue Legend Crazy Diamond (not poseable where I believe Aurain's is) guarding my copies of JoJonium and it's really cool.

I also really wanna get JoJoveller but yikes that's expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

I also really wanna get JoJoveller but yikes that's expensive.

It is, I was going to get a couple more figures instead but figured I'd just wait and see with those since the ones I want most next is a part 4 trio (rohan/josuke/okuyasu and okuyasu is like $100 just on his own right now).

Otherwise my collection's basically the same that anyone else would have cuz there's a finite number of official things you can get in the US, but I'll post a couple of the fan things I have (not the full collection because it's honestly fuckin shameful)

I'm mainly showing that so you see what redbubble stickers look like if you care, those are the white ones on the bottom. The top ones are by like t-raps/traps shop or whatever on storenvy and I like them a lot. They were pretty cheap, too? I can dig up the link if someone wants it.

I have more Jojo art than that up but those two are definitely my favorites, I just have them up so high on the wall that it's tough to photograph them well. The left one's a redbubble print; it should be matted but I'm lazy.

On a non collectible wank note, I just fell for the same "part four announcement" joke post elsewhere that I fell for already once before. Hurry up September 30