Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

power botton posted:

what happens if you have a cleaning lady

die bourgoise scum

-posted from my iPhone 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5VRQYAn_eY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
is there a command to pet your puppy on mother base? I stood near it and saw the hand prompt but when I pressed the button boss just spun around and put the nearest human staffer in a chokehold

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

haveblue posted:

is there a command to pet your puppy on mother base? I stood near it and saw the hand prompt but when I pressed the button boss just spun around and put the nearest human staffer in a chokehold

the way to handle the puppy is to get off the helicopter and dive at it, landing with your face right up next to its cute little nose
sadly you cannot pet a puppy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the best boss fight in mgs3 is The Fear because it lasts, like, 5 seconds if you know what you're doing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also lol at sniping The End before the boss fight

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also i made sure to eat his bird.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

duTrieux. posted:

also i made sure to eat his bird.

that is hosed

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

duTrieux. posted:

also lol at sniping The End before the boss fight
I got his camo precisely once and then I always shot him in the head after his first cutscene appearance after that to save time

The cobras are the most flamboyant yet somehow most ineffective group of anime dudes with unexplained supernatural powers in the entire series (including Foxhound where one of the members dies without the player knowing it, Dead Cell whose lineup was cut down by 2 in development and had a fat guy on rollerblades, the Beauty/Beast unit from MGS4, and the other dudes from MG2)

I haven't played through all of Portable Ops or Peacewalker though so I imagine whatever filler clowns tehy put in there might be hilarious

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 14, 2015

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I got his camo precisely once and then I always shot him in the head after his first cutscene appearance after that to save time

The cobras are the most flamboyant yet somehow most ineffective group of anime dudes with unexplained supernatural powers in the entire series

I haven't played through all of Portable Ops or Peacewalker though so I imagine whatever filler clowns tehy put in there might be hilarious

i hope youre imagining 50 t-72s with slightly different health bars

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the best mgs boss is The Boss, due to the feels.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we just adopted a one-eyed cat irl. i wanted to name him D-Cat, but he's missing the wrong eye. i'm looking into getting that fixed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

power botton posted:

i dunno how to take this post but based on your avatar im going to assume the worst so go gently caress youre self?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy-FhExTY9M

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Squeezy Farm posted:

i hope youre imagining 50 t-72s with slightly different health bars
Aw really? There's like no people with retarded superpowers that are undone by just shooting them in a face over and over with a specific weapon?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

peace walker is so bad that even i haven't finished it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

fortunately, all the good bits made it into the best game ever, MGS V.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

As a Millennial I posted:

we just adopted a one-eyed cat irl. i wanted to name him D-Cat, but he's missing the wrong eye. i'm looking into getting that fixed.

would make more sense if it was like a bobcat or mountain lion or something
gently caress huey his poo poo is garbage

e: also post the cat

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

Now that I think about it; how was Arsenal Gear crashing into loving NYC explained away to the public?

Like even with the Patriots controlling info (nevermind GW is supposed to be destroyed in MGS2) you'd think nobody would forget the time a gigantic sub with big bi-pedal robots all over it literally crashed into NYC and smashed into city hall

id have to check mgs4 again but iirc

there was no major spin. t he us got caught with a sect of its own special forces and a former president launching a terror attack against the us

as a result, the us is shamed into massively curtail it's international force projection

to fill the power void, countries turn to pmcs for fighting, leading to the war economy, which is incredibly good for the patriots.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

name him solidus

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

name him solidus

God Dammit

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the best mgs boss is The Boss, due to the feels.

this is the one where you're given no choice about executing her in cold blood, right?

because it's more important that the hero succeed than the woman survive

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

most mgs characters, like the players, love dying and being dead

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fabricated posted:

Aw really? There's like no people with retarded superpowers that are undone by just shooting them in a face over and over with a specific weapon?

the weirdo bosses are mostly goant singing robots. the filler is tanks and helicopters over and over

there's also the monster hunter monsters and the REX dragon thing

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
idk if i can play mg1 or mg2 because i can imagine boss recruiting all of these soldiers just like in peace walker or mgsv then david rolls in and shoots them all in the face with a gun

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
how long would it take to play through the first three or four metal gears

didn't somebody in this thread say you could beat the first one in like 5 hours?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i got so used to taking everyone home in peace walker/mgsv that wasting everyone in ac!d is weird
at least they dont have names like that once scene

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Fabricated posted:

not unless you count the tank commanders or helicopter commanders.

all the badguy badguys are unmanned metal gears

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Dirty Duck is the best MG1 boss. he lead a terrorist group call EGG PLANT

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ac!d 1 and 2 in general are really loving weird and incomprehensible and have the dumbest Metal Gears in the series

ownage games though- AC!D 2 is really good and fun in particular since it rounds a bunch of rough edges off the first game.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Blackula69 posted:

didn't somebody in this thread say you could beat the first one in like 5 hours?
howlongtobeat.com says average speedrun for 1 is ~3h, for 2 it's 2.5 hours , for 3 it's ~3.5 hours, for 4 it's ~5 hours.

you could do the first 4 in 14 hours if you knew what you were doing and didn't mind skipping cutscenes. at the very least you could get them all done in a day

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

name him raiden

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

this is the one where you're given no choice about executing her in cold blood, right?

because it's more important that the hero succeed than the woman survive

she's the whole reason big boss becomes who he is and is the most important character in the franchise

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

there are a bunch of apcs, tanks, and gunships that rival clown cars in how many people can be stuck inside

otherwise, there are also fights against poo poo similar to the shagohod from 3, just with vocaloids singing at you

there are a ton of nutjobs, one dude has a fake hand and put a lighter in his prosthetic, huey who is why otacon is so hosed up, strangelove the bisexual obsessed with loving the boss so very much, hot coldman, chico, and paz

let's put it this way

after playing peace walker and mgsv, it's amazing that otacon turned out as well as he did.

must have been his stepmother.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

Ac!d 1 and 2 in general are really loving weird and incomprehensible and have the dumbest Metal Gears in the series

ownage games though- AC!D 2 is really good and fun in particular since it rounds a bunch of rough edges off the first game.

playing through the first one so far and its perfect for a cell phone game because the touch screen doesnt make controlling it miserable

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

this is the dumbest loving name in a franchise that includes a fat man named fatman and a bisexual vampire named vamp

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Blackula69 posted:

if you don't skip any cutscenes or codecs the 5 good solid games before v (mgs1-3, pw, and gz) take ~48 hours

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Hot Coldman

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

haveblue posted:

this is the dumbest loving name in a franchise that includes a fat man named fatman and a bisexual vampire named vamp

vamp is called vamp because he's bi

dr. strangelove is called strangelove because she's a lesbian/bi. she's also otacons mom (not the stepmom)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

pacifica ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

vamp is called vamp because he's bi

dr. strangelove is called strangelove because she's a lesbian/bi. she's also otacons mom (not the stepmom)

also because of the movie which led her to being a kubrick nut

she also gave emmerich the nickname "huey"

"huey" was named from the robot in space odyssey

she named her son "hal" after the computer

also solids snakes real name is dave

• Locked thread