Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's not anime because I like it.

this except unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
[quote=""Scrublord Prime" post="] Provisioning quests can also give seals if you're doing any crafting / gathering and the turn ins scale to your level. They give decent EXP to boot too.

There is a third GC hunting log that requires doing Wanderer's Palace but I don't remember if that's needed for max GC rank.

[/quote]
Cutters cry and wanderers palace aren't required, and I'm levelling all the crafting classes and gathering classes purely through turn ins. You get about a level a day for the first week. After I hit 15 I'll probably start doing really real crafting.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doublestep posted:

the trade cap is 1 million gil so good luck selling something that expensive through not the market board?

unless you seriously trust someone to just trade you 1m 6 times

You don't need luck, it's pretty standard for expensive items for someone to contact you. I've sold items through the trade panel a few times, never ran into a scammer or someone trying to trick me out. I've received 10m, 18m and 8m this way, it's just annoying that there's such a low cap.

Thumbtacks posted:

what does the life of a crafter look like? you craft poo poo forever and then die?

Pretty much.

Oh cmon.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Elentor posted:

Pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvRQzakM-M

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You're a godsend.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Scrublord Prime posted:

There is a third GC hunting log that requires doing Wanderer's Palace but I don't remember if that's needed for max GC rank.

e: For reference, Halitali is a lv20 dungeon, Cutter's Cry is 38, Darkhold is 44, Aurum Vale is 47, and Wanderer's Palace is lv50. None are required by the story

I haven't touched Wanderer's Palace save for the quest to unlock queuing for it and I have the third GC hunting log unlocked. (At max GC rank for that matter)

e: VVV Oh, I see, I misread. My bad.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 14, 2015

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I haven't touched Wanderer's Palace save for the quest to unlock queuing for it and I have the third GC hunting log unlocked. (At max GC rank for that matter)

WP doesn't unlock the third GC hunting log, the third GC hunting log just includes monsters from WP. It also isn't required for anything except an achievement (which gives you the GC escutcheon, I think).

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Zandar posted:

WP doesn't unlock the third GC hunting log, the third GC hunting log just includes monsters from WP. It also isn't required for anything except an achievement (which gives you the GC escutcheon, I think).

Completing each GC Hunting Log gives you a mammet minion carrying the GC banner.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Re: hair, we're still going to get afros, right?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Truga posted:

I actually don't get why women and men have different haircuts, but here we are.

Lmao

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every time I see a warrior with a berserk macro, he's wearing full vit and stays in defiance while offtanking.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i cleared a2 earlier this week with a warrior that had a macro which drew darth vader's head in ascii and captioned it with "i find your lack of heals disturbing". he was pretty cool

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If I were in that group, I don't think I could refrain from offering pedantic spelling and grammar corrections.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Ifrit's her love, but is he her Sweetie~~?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vil posted:

If I were in that group, I don't think I could refrain from offering pedantic spelling and grammar corrections.

If you wanted to be more pedantic you could point out that the egi's are basically just mindless constructs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

See if you can guess who the main tank is.

(it's me)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Klungar posted:

Who needs AF gear at Level 60 when you'll have Expert/Law/Eso/Alex gear waiting for you? What ilvl is the 60 AF gear?

Eso gear is the AF, and it's among the best gear in the game right now.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I am serious Se IF YOU DONT ADD A EVIL option i sware to hell i will ruin ruins for ppl as much as i can to fill my darkness which i actrually am ... I dont troll i speak only the honest truth we need a evil side GOOD IS RETARDED good is so worthless and completely scum evil is the only way to go evils the only one that knows how to have true real fun

ps not if they are going to stop being lazy I could create a pure evil side out of what we have already very easily and make it work The only way they would keep us as good guys and good girls is out of lazyness which they have done already

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Also why do people even bring up that i get picked on it means nothing ...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

(it's me)

We don't need dps meters. They will learn how to play with the spirit of the aetheryte!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

(it's me)

Yup, welcome to Every Single Thing I Do In Duty Finder. It's really disgusting how rare it is for an actual dps to outdps me. It's a wonderful group if one of them comes close.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I would love a pompadour but give it to women too, then have all the women at that limsa bar have it.
I want their /sit too.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

nuru posted:

Eso gear is the AF, and it's among the best gear in the game right now.

Ok, that makes it even worse. No free AF gear anywhere to give you at least the stereotypical Job look for glamouring? Super lame.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I sometimes check out streams for this game, and notice people doing some ?dungeon/raid? content with gamepad. I'd guess it to be viable, since the game is meant for consoles as well, but is it so even for Savage content and whatever are the more action-intensive roles, such as healers or summoner?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Granted I don't do savage, but the only times I have trouble is moving and using the d-pad at the same time. That's just a matter of putting your less used buttons there and occasionally having to claw though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

kalstrams posted:

I sometimes check out streams for this game, and notice people doing some ?dungeon/raid? content with gamepad. I'd guess it to be viable, since the game is meant for consoles as well, but is it so even for Savage content and whatever are the more action-intensive roles, such as healers or summoner?

The devs have stated they do all of their raid testing on controllers. So yes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Stanfield posted:

the only times I have trouble is moving and using the d-pad at the same time.

I encountered this about 5 minutes after trying to play on gamepad and decided it's not for me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kalstrams posted:

The scholar and black mage in my static both use controllers, so I'd say it's viable. I'd never do it though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I get clumsy as gently caress with keyboard setups no matter how I try to configure them. Switched to controller and I play miles better than I ever did the 900 something hours on keyboard. Just go with whatever ends up feeling best for you.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I think it's just what you're used to. When I play other games on a keyboard it feels super uncomfortable to reach for buttons sometimes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh, so it works out well on all levels. That's quite neat!

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Klungar posted:

Ok, that makes it even worse. No free AF gear anywhere to give you at least the stereotypical Job look for glamouring? Super lame.

You have the free AF for glamouring from level 45-50 job quests. AF2 gear was the good gear at 2.0 release and you needed to buy that with Myth tomes the same way you're buying lvl 60 AF with Eso Tomes. So until you farmed up enough tomes over the weeks to kit yourself out in AF2 you didn't have a stereotypical job look in 2.0 because the glamour system wasn't in place yet, and the other gear you wore at the time was darklight and it looked like poo poo besides the tincan tank.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
There were so many dragoons in the dumb af/af2 armour at 2.0 release

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I've got Machinist questions.

I finally started hitting 60 on my chosen jobs because I am slow and also have to level four at once (war, nin, mch, sch/smn). Now I need to actually make up my mind, and I was thinking about Mechanist. So, my questions here are for anyone with experience with it in the endgame.

Am I correct in assuming that in endgame content, the routine still largely consists of:

- Piling on buffs to get the biggest possible Wildfire you can manage towards the very beginning of a fight/phase?

- Spending the rest of the fight just John Madden'ing between whatever the hell decides to proc and whatever comes up on cooldown?

- Occasionally poking your turret to make it do something situationally helpful?

As DPS goes, I do sorta LIKE the proc-chaining style, as I find the other classes to be rather repetitive, but while leveling, it feels like the sheer damage is somewhat less compared to ninja, and MUCH less compared to summoner. As you start gearing up, does it start to hit harder, or even if not, do the group utility benefits carry their own weight? Or, does it continue to feel like a very 'high effort for mediocre reward' kinda thing?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
yeah welcome to machinist enjoy your stay

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TwistedNails posted:

You have the free AF for glamouring from level 45-50 job quests. AF2 gear was the good gear at 2.0 release and you needed to buy that with Myth tomes the same way you're buying lvl 60 AF with Eso Tomes. So until you farmed up enough tomes over the weeks to kit yourself out in AF2 you didn't have a stereotypical job look in 2.0 because the glamour system wasn't in place yet, and the other gear you wore at the time was darklight and it looked like poo poo besides the tincan tank.

He's talking about dark knight. The new jobs don't get any armor at all for their level 45&50 quests.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
mch is incredibly anemic outside of wildfires

you're better at support than bard just because you can sustain mana song longer than a bard can

foes vs hypercharge really depends on comp

you will never do the damage of a pure class in comparable gear. your opening burst may beat them or come close, but as soon as your buffs fade you're back to losertown

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Apparently the PS4 version is getting VR support. Wonder if they'll add occulus support to the PC version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Semi-related but drat do i ever hate Wildfire. It's such a good cooldown and it's functionally worthless on everything but bosses because nothing lives long enough.

• Locked thread