Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Good loving riddance, will Turnbull be any better though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
He's like John Key

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Do what a normal person does when Curia calls them at 6.30pm, tell them to gently caress off and leave you alone.

:flipoff: i love this stuff

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
And yet we can't get rid of Key after he sexually harasses a woman over a period of weeks.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Malcolm Turnball actually has some integrity, unlike John Key.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Oh god I'm going to vomit. Turnball singing Keys praises as a great example...

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

So is this new guy any good? He can't be worse than Abbott, surely. Wondering if it's worth congratulating my Aussie friends over.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Robo Captain posted:

Good loving riddance, will Turnbull be any better though?

That's the wrong question, a goat would've done a better job than Abbott. Is Turnbull going to be good? No he isn't, but there are certain areas (like marriage equality) where he's not terrible.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Laverna posted:

So is this new guy any good? He can't be worse than Abbott, surely. Wondering if it's worth congratulating my Aussie friends over.

There is always more and it is always worse.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

There is always more and it is always worse.

This is the most important lesson this thread has taught me.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Abbott was too incompetent to actually execute most of his policies. Turnbull knows what he's actually doing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A truly hideous piece of poo poo. Finally, a flag we can all get behind.

https://twitter.com/NzMorningReport/status/643529210619895808

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
re: the new Mediaworks/Glucina thing

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Exclamation Marx posted:

re: the new Mediaworks/Glucina thing

Looks like someone should have been more prepared. What law is that from?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
The Scout Association of New Zealand Act 1956

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

What, trademark law isn't good enough for the scouts?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

klen dool posted:

What, trademark law isn't good enough for the scouts?

Seems to be because the Monarchy's involved

quote:

Whereas there was incorporated in Great Britain by Royal Charter dated 4 January 1912 a body corporate known as the Boy Scouts Association:

And whereas the Boy Scouts Association was the outcome of the movement initiated in Great Britain by the late Lord Baden Powell of Gilwell, OM, GCMG, GCVO, KCB, for the special training and instruction of boys in accordance with the principles and under the organisation from time to time laid down in the constitution and in the Policy Organisation and Rules of the Boy Scouts Association:

And whereas the aforesaid movement has spread throughout the British Commonwealth of Nations and elsewhere, and there has for many years past existed in New Zealand an organisation for the training of boys on the lines and in harmony with the principles of the aforementioned constitution and the Policy Organisation and Rules of the Boy Scouts Association and working as a branch of and in close co-operation with the Boy Scouts Association:

And whereas the New Zealand Branch was incorporated by the Boy Scouts Association (New Zealand Branch) Incorporation Act 1941
:

For whatever reason, I'm still glad it happened since there's no way Mediaworks can afford those fines.

e: they're doubly lucky that the legislation hasn't been updated since 1967 :eyepop:

exmarx fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 15, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

But Scout is not an association, let alone an incorporated one.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Ghostlight posted:

But Scout is not an association, let alone an incorporated one.

It's entirely under Mediaworks' wing, so what is it classed as?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not intimately familiar with their corporate structure, but "association" has a very specific meaning - albeit undefined in that legislation's interpretations - as a synonym for "society", as defined in the Incorporated Societies Act 1908.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Scout is a brand name for a product/website that Mediaworks owns, not a name for an association of people at Mediaworks.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i'm starting to think nz political journos are trash, especially when they make me look bad after i steal their tweets

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA1509/S00250/information-shows-corrections-withdrew-fines-issued-to-serco.htm

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The market will fix it.

~removes all market pressures~

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

The market will fix it.

~removes all market pressures~

FREEDOM OF THE MARKET AIN'T FREE

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11513839
Myers Park shooting: David Cerven unarmed when police fired

So yep the man was unarmed. This should reflect very poorly on the police. Why did they use lethal force if he was unarmed? If they could not determine whether he was armed why did they use lethal force? He did not approach the police so why did they use lethal force?

And so on. What the gently caress.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

truther posted:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11513839
Myers Park shooting: David Cerven unarmed when police fired

So yep the man was unarmed. This should reflect very poorly on the police. Why did they use lethal force if he was unarmed? If they could not determine whether he was armed why did they use lethal force? He did not approach the police so why did they use lethal force?

And so on. What the gently caress.

:patriot:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Several people at work expressed the opinion that the cops should shoot more of the bastards when it happened, so I guess that's Middle New Zealand's response. :negative:

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Not to mention the incident at Lower Hutt last week seems like someone attempting a suicide by cop, that the police seemed keen to assist him with, when a member of the public was talking him down and attempting to de-escalate the situation.

But yeah nah the cops should totally carry guns for their own protection nothing could go wrong.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's obvious: criminals are the bad guys, cops are the good guys and their job is to shoot the bad guys. I see no problem here. Give the cops guns, Q.E.D.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/72050421/act-leader-david-seymours-harden-up-line-stuns-wellington-students

This guy has major input into education policy in NZ irl. :keke:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Utterly loving disgusting.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
nah it's okay, he made a joke about the French loving the coq so everything is forgiven :xd:

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009
I think I'm being contracted in to work on some stuff for Scout this week. I won't know till I turn up to TV3 on Friday. My apologies in advance, but I got bills to pay.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
David Seymour is in the audience at Back Benches every single Wednesday, and he is the single most awkward man I've ever seen. He's constantly got this look on his face that lives somewhere in the median strip between joy and terror. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he pissed himself from time to time. His suit hugs him like clingfilm that he's desperately trying to escape at all times.

at some point that strange little lizardman is going to emerge from his cotton cocoon and we're all going to be very sorry we mocked him

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's basically Rimmer. He was Rimmer at uni and he's Rimmer now.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Doogie Howser, MP

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

Doogie Howser, MP

Doogie Howser was likeable.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

David Seymour us single handedly saving the ACT party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

He's basically Rimmer. He was Rimmer at uni and he's Rimmer now.

There are some hordings that are going to be sporting a reflective "H" in a couple of years time

• Locked thread