Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Thought i'd mention a youtube channel I used a heap back in Forza 5, hopefully it helps some of the newcomers get used to a controller and tuning.

Stella Stig

He's already got a few good Forza 6 videos out too :v:

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Thought i'd mention a youtube channel I used a heap back in Forza 5, hopefully it helps some of the newcomers get used to a controller and tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Stellasteve76?videos

He's already got a few good Forza 6 videos out too :v:

An error occurred. Please try again later.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Stella Stig on Youtube

SA's auto-parse fucks up links to channels on youtube.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Stella Stig on Youtube

SA's auto-parse fucks up links to channels on youtube.

Thanks! fixed up my post too

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mini cooper 65 of course cheater car of choice for d class league :smugjones:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm holding off for a bit on a wheel for this. Think I want to get something better than Thrustmaster TX. But I don't feel like spending 1300 bucks for a Fanatec setup right this second

What kinda controller settings are you guys using?

I killed all the inside dead zones and set the outside deadzones to 100. Using sim steering feels pretty good, but it's a lot harder to correct from using Normal. But the tradeoff seems worth it since the car seems to always do what i tell it to now.

Assists, I keep bouncing between TCS off and on, and the same with ABS. ABS I think I'm turning off for good, since it's pretty easy to feel bite points on the triggers.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

ethanol posted:

mini cooper 65 of course cheater car of choice for d class league :smugjones:

D League races won't even let you use the '65 Mini in them.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Norns posted:

I'm holding off for a bit on a wheel for this. Think I want to get something better than Thrustmaster TX. But I don't feel like spending 1300 bucks for a Fanatec setup right this second

I swear I'm not working for thrustmaster but I'd say the TX is equally as good as the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel. The brand isn't known for good stuff but this wheel is actually really good.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BCRock posted:

D League races won't even let you use the '65 Mini in them.

uh then how did i get beat by two of them :confused:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GutBomb posted:

I swear I'm not working for thrustmaster but I'd say the TX is equally as good as the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel. The brand isn't known for good stuff but this wheel is actually really good.

Would it be a step up from my G27 on PC?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GutBomb posted:

I swear I'm not working for Fanatec but I'd say that the CSW v2 with universal Xbone Hub is a large margin better than the Thrustmaster TX although that is a perfectly fine wheel too.

The novelty sized pretend rim was my biggest letdown with the Thrustmaster, but now that I've had some time with it, the CSW v2 is also a lot smoother action in general and feels more like a real car. It's also considerably more expensive.

Norns posted:

Everything belt driven is a step up from G25/G27's. It also has the side benefit of, y'know, working on the Xbone.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turned in a 1:59.126 with a minor diff tune and racing line adjustments. What's funny is I actually dropped 20 some odd spots on the American leaderboard. So thanks dudes who decided to give A Class Alps Full a go. #153 ain't bad.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

ethanol posted:

uh then how did i get beat by two of them :confused:

I don't know dude. When I go to D League racing and try to select a car from my garage or buy one, the MINI manufacturer isn't even an option. I've also never seen one in a D League lobby.

If you look at the Game Options in the league lobby and go to Car Restrictions and scroll all the way down, there's a limit for Power Handicap, Front Grip and Rear Grip. None can exceed 1.0, so I think that's what keeps the '65 Mini from being used. Or Turn 10 just knows it's broken and manually excludes it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Could they be branded as Austin or Leyland? :goonsay:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I must be losing it because I swear I saw Mini Cooper 65 in the results and then the lobby and that's what made me post

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Norns posted:

Huge step up. Now, I have the add on rim, add on shifter, and add on pedals so that increases the price of the whole setup to $650

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ethanol posted:

I must be losing it because I swear I saw Mini Cooper 65 in the results and then the lobby and that's what made me post

Unless they fixed it tonight, I ran the 65 mini in the d league this afternoon. Its a horribly OP car and likely the reason they removed d class from the hoppers.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Are you sure you're talking about League play? I've done a poo poo load of League races in the last 2 days (D class is the only available option right now) and the Mini has never been selectable in any of the races I've done.

You could use it in the D class multiplayer hoppers and obviously for rivals hot lapping, but never in the actual League play races.

Maybe different people have access to different League lobbies? :iiam:

Edit: Did some reading on the official forums and from what I can gather T10 knows about the issue with the Mini (and some other cars) and is working on it. They've banned the effected cars from the league play, but apparently there are still random league lobbies that will still let you choose it.

BCRock fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 14, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GutBomb posted:

Huge step up. Now, I have the add on rim, add on shifter, and add on pedals so that increases the price of the whole setup to $650

Just pulled the trigger on the TX Wheel, and a Playseat Challenge so I have something to actually use it with in the living room.

I should probably get the T3PA pedals...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just ran out of gas from first place on the straightaway of the Nordschleife on lap 5 of a 5 lap race in D class vs Unbeatables, literally a half mile from the finish

because it's free play, there's no end of race timer. The AI did not pit because it was never more than 500 feet behind me.

No credits, no XP, no affinity :shepicide:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i was trying to do the le mans 250 enduro race (IN THE DARK) but one of the douchebag drivatars cut in front of me and i broke my headlights and couldn't rewind for some reason

fuckkkkkkkk that made me mad

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
You'd think that six years, three games, and a more capable console would have resulted in Turn 10 fixing the rewind bug with endurance racing (which last appeared in Forza 3), but apparently that wasn't the case.

The bug that stops rewind from working as soon as something crosses the finish line on the last lap of a race seems to still be present as well, which makes it fun when you slam into a car on the last corner of a passing challenge and then have to restart the entire event again.

azflyboy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 14, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

deep impact on vhs posted:

i was trying to do the le mans 250 enduro race (IN THE DARK) but one of the douchebag drivatars cut in front of me and i broke my headlights and couldn't rewind for some reason

fuckkkkkkkk that made me mad

You can't rewind as long as somebody, anybody is in the pits. just keep hitting Y and once they leave pit lane, it will rewind you to before they entered pit lane.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

You can't rewind as long as somebody, anybody is in the pits. just keep hitting Y and once they leave pit lane, it will rewind you to before they entered pit lane.

that's unintuitive to say the least

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

deep impact on vhs posted:

that's unintuitive to say the least

yeah, it's dumb as all hell, but that's how it seems to work. Just something you gotta work around. if cars are constantly in and out of the pit, it might toss you back half a lap.

edit: it seems after you hit level 50, the mod packs stop giving you XP boosts.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 14, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I ran out of gas on the Nurburgring, is MPG modeled?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I ran out of gas on the Nurburgring, is MPG modeled?

I don't know what the gently caress.

i ran out 4 laps into the lemans race with identical cars right on my tail that didn't.

On the mugello race, i did it with 1 stop, most of the other cars took 2, one of them seemingly didn't stop at all. I keep the distance meter on, he was right on my bumper when i had to pit, and i had to claw him back from 3000 feet ahead one corner at a time.

mugello was an hour on 2 tanks in a GT3 car. indy was 2 hours on 8 tanks in a LMP Peugeot.

I can't figure out how it determines how quickly you use fuel.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I did 4.5 laps of the Nurburgring Full (GP + Nordschliefe) in the Z4 GT3 car before running out, and only 4.8 laps of the Nordschliefe alone in a D class Trueno, which should THEORETICALLY get better gas mileage.
Adding the GP track adds 3.2 miles to the length x 4 laps, so the GT3 car did roughly an additional 13 miles before running out of gas. So maybe tank size is modeled and consumption isn't? Who knows.

Nothing like doing 10 laps/95 minutes of racing for zero rewards whatsoever :thumbsup:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I only just noticed that your windshield gets filthier as you race, along with the rest of the car. Nice little detail they added!

Also since I haven't been in this situation in any Forza game yet: what happens when you run out of fuel?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Your car coughs in a very disconcerting manner for 1000 yards before you stumble, run out of gas, lose momentum, and come to rest 50 feet short of the pit lane.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
At which point you get towed to the pit refueled and continue? Or does the race just end with a gently caress you?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The latter. Unless you're in free play, in which case the race never ends and you have to quit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The R8 e-tron only does about 4.5 laps of le sarthe to a tank, the peugeot HDI FAP could probably do 8.

I wish the game could hear me screaming "blue flag" like kimi and get the lesser class cars out of the drat way.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

The R8 e-tron only does about 4.5 laps of le sarthe to a tank, the peugeot HDI FAP could probably do 8.

I wish the game could hear me screaming "blue flag" like kimi and get the lesser class cars out of the drat way.

Get these loving McLaren's out of my way!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Get these loving McLaren's out of my way!

it's even funnier because the mclarens are always at the back of the pack of the lower class in the lmp1 endurance races, too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Too bad it's not like the FIFA games and the kinect would hear you screaming "blue flag" and give you a drive-through penalty for personally insulting Bernie Ecclestone

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I swear I'm not working for Fanatec but I'd say that the CSW v2 with universal Xbone Hub is a large margin better than the Thrustmaster TX although that is a perfectly fine wheel too.

The novelty sized pretend rim was my biggest letdown with the Thrustmaster, but now that I've had some time with it, the CSW v2 is also a lot smoother action in general and feels more like a real car. It's also considerably more expensive.

Everything belt driven is a step up from G25/G27's. It also has the side benefit of, y'know, working on the Xbone.

I actually think the force feedback on the TX is stronger than the Fanatec (with both set to 100%). But the rim on the TX is too narrow. However, with the auto clutch, and Fanatec pedals (courtesy of the basherboards CPX) it's a pretty great combo. And much less frustrating than troubleshooting the Fanatec CSW. But if you have the cash for the whole Fanatec set up, it is totes amaze, as the kids say.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Norns posted:

Just pulled the trigger on the TX Wheel, and a Playseat Challenge so I have something to actually use it with in the living room.

I should probably get the T3PA pedals...

Rather get Fanatec Clubsport pedals and a basherboards CPX adapter than the T3PA pedals.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Powershift posted:

From what I could find online, the Peugeot 908 has a substantially larger fuel tank than the R18 (about 80 versus 54 liters) due to rule changes in the years between the cars mandating smaller fuel tanks for the LMP hybrids, but I'm thinking that Forza probably doesn't account for the lower fuel consumption of the R18's hybrid system.

When the Peugeot 908 won Le Mans in 2009, it completed 382 laps, and the Audi R18 that won in 2014 did 379 laps, with the difference probably being down to safety car periods, since Audi managed 393 laps in 2015. Since the cars didn't get substantially faster over that period (the top qualifying times for 2009 and 2014 are within a second of each other), it's pretty clear the hybrids are able to maintain essentially the same lap times as the straight diesels while burning substantially less fuel, so my guess is that Turn 10 models the correct fuel tank size for the cars, but doesn't have a way of modeling the reduced fuel flow and energy recovery from the smaller engine and flywheel system on the hybrid Audi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

drgitlin posted:

Rather get Fanatec Clubsport pedals and a basherboards CPX adapter than the T3PA pedals.

I'm fine paying 200 dollars less for pedals right now. I've been using the stock G27 pedals on PC and those have been okay.

• Locked thread