Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm thinking of getting some cowboy boots but wonder how they are for driving, esp with a third pedal. Anyone chime in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

e: ^A friend of mine drives manual with cowboy boots, apparently it's not bad once they're broken in but it's hell for the first while.
Ugh. Pizza place hosed up my order and put some kinda Blair's bearspray-grade gently caress you sauce on my 'boring medium-hot' wings. Ate half of them because they were pretty tasty but I had to give up.
It's not even a 'heat' sensation so much as it feels like my tongue has been shot full of T50 staples.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 15, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Let a small amount of butter melt on your tongue, then spit it out.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

blk posted:

I'm thinking of getting some cowboy boots but wonder how they are for driving, esp with a third pedal. Anyone chime in?

Seconding the "hell until broken in". Fine after the upper breaks in and you can move your ankle better.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

blk posted:

Cant be worse than driving in snowboard boots. And yea I had a clutch.

Also calling on Viking Skull to throw together a DragWeek thread. Jeff Lutz in a 8 second 170mph honda civic is too amazing.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 15, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

some texas redneck posted:

I did the math on the "raise/promotion" I've been offered.

It'll be a gross increase of about $50 every 2 weeks. And seeing as I have to report tips, taxes take a large chunk out of my net pay. Kinda thinking it's not worth it, since net will probably be about $20-30 every 2 weeks.

$20-30 bucks is $20-30 bucks. Unless there are additional responsibilities that you don't want that come along with the promotion/raise, no reason not to take it that I can think of. More money is more money, even if the IRS does take a big chunk of it. I'm sure as hell not going to give back the bonus just because I only got 61% of it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

blk posted:

Echoing, but just get them broken in and it's fine.

Edit: I grew up wearing almost nothing but, and still have a couple pair. The first month or so will be miserable, then they feel like slippers.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 15, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fart Pipe posted:

Ive got this one

http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_34&products_id=359

But mine has even nicer hardware than the threaded rods in that kit plus bonus sticker. It must have gotten wet at some point so you might have to shine up the hardware a little.

Ill talk prices with you in texts. Gotta see what it'll cost to ship the intake.

:stare:

The video just convinced me to blow $160. I've been fiddling with the gear linkage ever since I've got that car.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

1500quidporsche posted:

:stare:

The video just convinced me to blow $160. I've been fiddling with the gear linkage ever since I've got that car.

Well, his kit won't fit my car :(

The mk2 Rocco is still on the a1 frame, so that kit won't help me.

That said, I emailed them at 1930 their time and had a response in less than ten minutes. So, I will likely be being from them with zero hesitation soon.

Edit: also posted two pictures from this fucker in the mechanical failures thread :v:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Having beer in the fridge makes it really hard to not drink a beer. On one hand, I have a few more bike races this year and less beer makes you faster. On the other hand, they are mostly cyclocross races, of which drinking is an integral part.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

Let a small amount of butter melt on your tongue, then spit it out.

The pizza itself was kinda greasy so the burn passed quickly. But I'm glad the weather's not good enough to work on my truck because I don't think I'll be able to leave the immediate proximity of a washroom at any point today.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rocket League is completely messed up. I'm just going to play Super Metroid instead. :mad:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

jamal posted:

Having beer in the fridge makes it really hard to not drink a beer. On one hand, I have a few more bike races this year and less beer makes you faster. On the other hand, they are mostly cyclocross races, of which drinking is an integral part.

You should drink the beer.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Hey man, if you make it out to the suburbs at all, give me a shout. We can drink some beer and scrounge around in that junkyard.

Cool, might be up for that. I'll try to not flake out on everyone like I did on my last wedding trip.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I have taken up a month of no drinking in an effort to lose some weight. Its... Going ok

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

Well, his kit won't fit my car :(

The mk2 Rocco is still on the a1 frame, so that kit won't help me.

The link to that kit is for the a1 chassis. Legit I'll take Fartpipe's for whatever he wants for it but really it should work on your car.

Speaking of Scirocco magic, apparently I figured out why its chewed through two pairs of tires in three months. Raising it to stock height has dramatically changed its toe. :allears:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I have taken up a month of no drinking in an effort to lose some weight. Its... Going ok

I try to do either a beer/drink OR dessert (massive sweet tooth). It's a struggle. But I'm not going up at least!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

1500quidporsche posted:

The link to that kit is for the a1 chassis. Legit I'll take Fartpipe's for whatever he wants for it but really it should work on your car.

Speaking of Scirocco magic, apparently I figured out why its chewed through two pairs of tires in three months. Raising it to stock height has dramatically changed its toe. :allears:

Yeah, the USRT guys say it won't fit. Apparently the Heim joints are different lengths as are the rods.

Speaking of USRT however, they've now emailed me like four times with recommendations and advice, and I've yet to even buy from them yet. So, customer service A+ so far.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I cut back to friday, sat and sunday to save some money and hopefully cut some calories too.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

blk posted:

Depending on the car/truck it can be a pain in the rear end depending on how close in proximity the peddles are. There's definitely a correlation between wearing boots and driving a truck with an automatic transmission. The older I get, the more I hate manuals when I have to jump in, get to the back 9 and take care of business.

edit: Are you going for style or actually working?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

keykey posted:

Depending on the car/truck it can be a pain in the rear end depending on how close in proximity the peddles are. There's definitely a correlation between wearing boots and driving a truck with an automatic transmission. The older I get, the more I hate manuals when I have to jump in, get to the back 9 and take care of business.

Style. I worked on a ranch growing up, but just in work boots.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

blk posted:

My granddad never wore anything but cowboy boots, and never drove anything but a manual. He was also 5'8" of sun-dried beef jerky and cussedness, so YMMV.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a 190mph in the 7s chevette at drag week :allears:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

ssjonizuka posted:

I try to do either a beer/drink OR dessert (massive sweet tooth). It's a struggle. But I'm not going up at least!

This too.

I really miss breads. My wife is trying to make an effort to help eat better, and I told her I'd give up soda, beer and bread.

I can deal with no beer and soda... The bread is a bitch. I love a good baguette.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

keykey posted:

:shrug: I wear size 14 steeltoes every day (I don't even own a pair of sneakers) and can 3 pedal the Justy and my Forester no problem.

Hell, the Justy actually has more room around the pedals than the Forester does.

Not sure what the problem is with manual transmissions and boots...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

kastein posted:

:shrug: I wear size 14 steeltoes every day (I don't even own a pair of sneakers) and can 3 pedal the Justy and my Forester no problem.

Hell, the Justy actually has more room around the pedals than the Forester does.

It's just certain cars. My scirocco was one of them where if you are wearing work boots its just terrible, you had to be conscious of your foot placement otherwise one foot was going to end up on top of the other instead of the pedal when coming to a stop. But then I'd get in something like a Ford Festiva and have no problems. I got some dress shoes for a funeral once and they were getting caught on bits right above the pedals to the point where I turned around after 3 minutes and returned them.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm testing out a pair of Timberland Classics and I like them, but dear loving hell it sucked trying to clutch this morning when I'm used to wearing beat to gently caress broken in new blanaces all the time.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Driving in winter climbing boots with a fully rigid sole is a bitch but you get used to it.

Had a Toyota Aygo hire car today. Got it and was pretty surprised it had cruise control. After a few very confused minutes it turns out it's a speed limiter not a cruise control. What the gently caress? I know it's not a quick car but it'll cruise in fifth at extralegal speeds quite happily, why not just give it cruise?

It also didn't have enough space beside the clutch pedal to cleanly slide your foot past into the floor, and I only have little girly size 8's. Aside from that it was pretty sweet, I love those little three cylinder go carts.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

kastein posted:

Try a car/truck not really setup for the outdoors like a Chevy Colorado, Mini Cooper, etc.. I use an auto transmission Dodge 4x4 for farm work, but drive a Mini Cooper around town. I have to switch shoes before getting in the Mini, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing anyway since it makes me not get any extra mud inside. I wear 12 wide's, my feet are probably what keep me from doing it though since I have Flintstone feet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slow is Fast posted:

I'm testing out a pair of Timberland Classics and I like them, but dear loving hell it sucked trying to clutch this morning when I'm used to wearing beat to gently caress broken in new blanaces all the time.

I wear size 17 steel toe boots everywhere that weigh about 7lbs a piece, i could probably bust zip ties with my calves.

I also have them broken in so well that i can slip my feet in and out of them like slippers.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What ever happened with the goon with the red turbo hackjob nissan with the rusted out floor that couldn't shift?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

What ever happened with the goon with the red turbo hackjob nissan with the rusted out floor that couldn't shift?

Finally ran his goofy rear end off after some incredible meltdown about the euphoria of cornering at 80mph. I recall he tried to get some love at reddit, but I don't know how that panned out.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think he tried to sell the car. I'm pretty sure someone find the link to his reddit thread and he stopped posting on it too.

Found his reddit thread :

https://www.reddit.com/r/300zx/comments/2vjr2p/whyyyyy_a_story_of_an_awesome_300zx_crippled_by/

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 15, 2015

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

stump posted:

Driving in winter climbing boots with a fully rigid sole is a bitch but you get used to it.

Had a Toyota Aygo hire car today. Got it and was pretty surprised it had cruise control. After a few very confused minutes it turns out it's a speed limiter not a cruise control. What the gently caress? I know it's not a quick car but it'll cruise in fifth at extralegal speeds quite happily, why not just give it cruise?

It also didn't have enough space beside the clutch pedal to cleanly slide your foot past into the floor, and I only have little girly size 8's. Aside from that it was pretty sweet, I love those little three cylinder go carts.

I feel slightly embarrassed about how much I like my Aygo. I've been looking at upgrading to one with aircon.

I took mine to France a few weeks back and did 130/80mph for 8 hours each way (you have to drop to 70 up big hills if you get balked by someone and lose the revs).
You can get 3rd part cruise control kits for them. i'm tempted.

Anybody else in the UK - If I buy a Cat C write off that comes with no V5 (which seems legit - looks like you have to get a VIC test to get it back). How do I buy road tax on it to drive it home?

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 15, 2015

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Needle nose pliers make the best staple removers

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
My god, i just got great news about our little consultant firm.

ill save you the wall of text, but is going to be real fun. we are hiring 8 more people and have signed a major contract with a contractor that spans for 36 months

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fjelltorsk posted:

ill save you the wall of text, but is going to be real fun. we are hiring 8 more people and have signed a major contract with a contractor that spans for 36 months

Congratulations!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

fjelltorsk posted:

2015 has been one crazy year for you hasn't it?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Super kickass news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

mariooncrack posted:

I think he tried to sell the car. I'm pretty sure someone find the link to his reddit thread and he stopped posting on it too.

Found his reddit thread :

https://www.reddit.com/r/300zx/comments/2vjr2p/whyyyyy_a_story_of_an_awesome_300zx_crippled_by/

lol if someone ever really pisses me off on this forum i hope they go to reddit so i can follow them and continue to have meltdowns whenever they post

• Locked thread