Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Crazyweasel posted:

Hmmm OK need to fill Dez and have the #1 waiver.

Other WR are Cooks, Watkins, and old man Smith.

James Jones and Stevie are my top targets, oh goon gurus, which one should it be?

My naive analysis tells me Stevie will get more targets to make up for not having AAron

I'd pick stevie too but you can't go wrong with either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
e: wrong thread

Crazyweasel posted:

My naive analysis tells me Stevie will get more targets to make up for not having AAron

I'd say that's fairly accurate.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Is is Boldin playing? Is he dead?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fantasy football update: Chip should have gone for it, kickers suck, Trent Dilfer might be autistic.

E: Julio Jones owns bones

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Holy poo poo, that's Dilfer? He found something he is worse at than being a quarterback.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013

Axl Rose posted:

Just got an interesting offer: give AP and Jordan Matthews, get Dez and Leveon. I think I can weather the storm with dez, and I'd have a stacked team for playoffs.

My current rbs: AP, Ivory, Foster, Blue, CMichael.

Current WRs: Cooks, Matthews, Wright, Stevie Johnson, Michael Floyd.

I play in a 14 man league with 8 team playoffs btw. What do you think?

Forgot, I also have Danny Woodhead in that league.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I am thankful for Julio Jones, but I wish Anquan Boldin would DO SOMETHING!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

thrawn527 posted:

Is is Boldin playing? Is he dead?

Bad QB, Bad Line, Bad Team, drop him :smuggo:

E: I'm probably gonna eat poo poo from this post but w/e

E2: Bad Coach

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Bad QB, Bad Line, Bad Team, drop him :smuggo:

E: I'm probably gonna eat poo poo from this post but w/e

E2: Bad Coach

Sweaty coach, bad team

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Boldin did a thing (for PPR)

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Axl Rose posted:

Just got an interesting offer: give AP and Jordan Matthews, get Dez and Leveon. I think I can weather the storm with dez, and I'd have a stacked team for playoffs.

My current rbs: AP, Ivory, Foster, Blue, CMichael.

Current WRs: Cooks, Matthews, Wright, Stevie Johnson, Malcolm Floyd.

I play in a 14 man league with 8 team playoffs btw. What do you think?
I think I would probably do it if I thought I could make the playoffs without Dez at all during the season. I wouldn't count on him coming back after 4-6 games, probably more like 8-10. You're probably going to lose the next 2, but with Leveon and hopefully Foster back I think your team looks alright even with Dez out.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
What's happening with Charles Johnson? I've only seen him targeted the once, with that failed Hail Mary.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

The worst part about fantasy football is that I feel obliged to watch garbage like this because I was stupid enough to draft players on these "NFL teams"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The X-man cometh posted:

What's happening with Charles Johnson? I've only seen him targeted the once, with that failed Hail Mary.

Bridgewater is garbage tonight

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Azhais posted:

the vikings offense is garbage tonight

ftfy

This looks like a preseason game. Awful stuff.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
And of course this could all turn around or maybe the Niners run defense is legit or whatever, but I'm really not feeling good about Peterson.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Emailed the Dez owners in my friend leagues for trades.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Uuuugh my team just got rolled week 1. Do I flail about wildly making horrible waiver wire pickups, or should I sit pat and try to recover? I'm guessing...horrible wire pickups.

Team:
QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Frank Gore, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Isaiah Crowell
WR: ODB, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Nelson Agholor, Marques Colston
TE: Greg Olsen, Dwayne Allen

So...I'm hosed at RB for a week or two. Eventually I suppose Bell & Stewart will pick up. Maybe Gore will recover? I dunno man. I'm eyeing Ronnie Hillman at Waiver, possibly DeAngelo Williams. Are either worth snagging at this point? I could stomach trading Hillman for Crowell or Martin.

WR like...if ODB ever gets targets, I'm probably okay. Davante Adams turned out to be a bit of a bust, and I'm last on the Wk 2 waiver wire so I guarantee James Jones will be gone before it gets to me. I've heard noise around Donte Moncrief, at least for a week or two, otherwise I have no idea what to look for. Agholor I know nothing about, Colston seems really hit or miss. Any advice? What should I be targeting to get myself out of this mess?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Colston looks more or less phased out of the offense, fwiw. Coleman is the guy there that looks like he'll emerge.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Was without tv entirely for Sunday... How bad do Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin and Andre Johnson look?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Boy, I sure drafter Charles Johnson in 75% of my leagues.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Chronicles posted:

Was without tv entirely for Sunday... How bad do Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin and Andre Johnson look?

Megatron at least appears to have been shadowed the whole game by Brandon Flowers- which is hopefully the explanation, not anything else.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Chronicles posted:

Andre Johnson looks old and it's sad.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Arcturas posted:

Uuuugh my team just got rolled week 1. Do I flail about wildly making horrible waiver wire pickups, or should I sit pat and try to recover? I'm guessing...horrible wire pickups.

Team:
QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Frank Gore, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Isaiah Crowell
WR: ODB, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Nelson Agholor, Marques Colston
TE: Greg Olsen, Dwayne Allen

So...I'm hosed at RB for a week or two. Eventually I suppose Bell & Stewart will pick up. Maybe Gore will recover? I dunno man. I'm eyeing Ronnie Hillman at Waiver, possibly DeAngelo Williams. Are either worth snagging at this point? I could stomach trading Hillman for Crowell or Martin.

WR like...if ODB ever gets targets, I'm probably okay. Davante Adams turned out to be a bit of a bust, and I'm last on the Wk 2 waiver wire so I guarantee James Jones will be gone before it gets to me. I've heard noise around Donte Moncrief, at least for a week or two, otherwise I have no idea what to look for. Agholor I know nothing about, Colston seems really hit or miss. Any advice? What should I be targeting to get myself out of this mess?
I think I would sit pat for the most part. Hard to do after nearly all your studs played like crap, but Luck, ODB, Olsen and Gore are all better than they played this weekend. Maybe get rid of Stafford? I can't imagine starting him over Luck unless it's a 2QB league.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Stop loving me Peterson

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

RC Cola posted:

Stop loving me Peterson

blame offensive mastermind norv turner

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Went up against the second highest scoring team this week. When I dropped the highest score :woop:

I was up so much I survived his Monday night Bradford, Demarco, Julio onslaught. Thanks Eifert, Hopkins and Rodgers for towing the line.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Between my two leagues I really expected more from Peterson, Murray, Miller and Gore. Thanks RBs.

added: yes I am a baby who literally only post complaints in FF threads. When things go well I am not on forums

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Chronicles posted:

Johnson was the only one there that looked "bad"; he looks about done as an NFL player.

Gore got hurt, the rest were victims of schemes/game script. The Lions' OC in particular is a loving rear end in a top hat.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 15, 2015

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Dang. I know I've already said it but I wish I hadn't thought that between Megatron and Forte, Forte was the one who was too old.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Chronicles posted:

Dang. I know I've already said it but I wish I hadn't thought that between Megatron and Forte, Forte was the one who was too old.

Week 1 isn't even over yet.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Stop loving me Peterson

Got you right in the nuts

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Week 1 isn't even over yet.

Chronicles posted:

I am a baby who literally only post complaints in FF threads.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Metapod posted:

Got you right in the nuts

He just keeps stomping on my nuts

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Carlos Hyde is having a monster week (according to the online PBP anyway)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
How did Gore look? I know the Colts in general looked kinda bad but did he at least show signs of life? Thinking about trying to buy low since the guy who has him needs WRs and I've got like 5 solid ones.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

xcore posted:

Holy poo poo, Carlos Hyde is having a monster week (according to the online PBP anyway)

The vikings seem unable to deal with a run... even Jarryd Hayne got hards on them... but that said, Hyde is legit. And the niners are plainly still a running team using a bell-cow rb system. If hyde stays healthy he could end the season as a top-5 RB.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Hyde benefited from Reggie Bush being knocked out, but is Bush seriously hurt? If he comes back next week, it could impact Hyde considerably.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bush is old (he's 30), hasn't played a full season since 2012.... and before that, his only other full season was his rookie year, in 2006. His job isn't to be a 1b to Hyde's 1a; it's to come in for a down or two to plow into a bunch of huge guys on short yardage situations, or give Hyde a break when he gets winded. He might vulture the occasional TD but SF shows no signs of trying to run a RBBC.

I don't think Bush is a threat to Hyde's utilization and I don't even think he's useful as a handcuff. I wouldn't roster him unless Hyde got hurt and even if Hyde got hurt, Bush would likely split carries with Hayne, Mike Davis, and Bruce Miller.

I think if anything is going to limit Hyde's production, it's the fact that the niners OL isn't actually that good. They looked good against the Vikings tonight but the Vikings D sucked. The niners have a tough season ahead of them. Their next eight games are the steelers, cardinals, packers, giants, ravens, seahawks, rams, and falcons. Then after their week 10 bye, they face the seahawks, cardinals, bears, browns, bengals, lions, and rams. There's a handful of softer defenses mixed in there, but there's also a bunch of pretty tough ones.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Drop everybody I drafted

• Locked thread