Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Today I ohp 175 pounds, 5x4. I weigh 165.

gently caress you I hate you :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How bad is seated ohp? My garage has low ceilings.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its not bad

i like seated dumbbell press

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_UJmiIorc

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
so i noticed yesterday that my biceps are pretty uneven anyone have an elegant solution to this?
i do curls to failure and superset everytime i lift so i cant really just add more reps/sets to my left arm, maybe lifting heavier with my left?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Sonofsilversign posted:

so i noticed yesterday that my biceps are pretty uneven anyone have an elegant solution to this?
i do curls to failure and superset everytime i lift so i cant really just add more reps/sets to my left arm, maybe lifting heavier with my left?

Do your bicep curls with dumbbells
Start with your weaker arm.
Match output (X reps at Y weight) with stronger arm
Weaker one will gain, larger one will atrophy, and they'll meet in the middle.
You can stop focusing on something no one will ever ever notice

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
also, stop masturbating

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Zahgaegun posted:

Do your bicep curls with dumbbells
Start with your weaker arm.
Match output (X reps at Y weight) with stronger arm
Weaker one will gain, larger one will atrophy, and they'll meet in the middle.
You can stop focusing on something no one will ever ever notice

huh that is elegant thanks and yeah i know no ones gonna notice but im incredibly vain

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

also, stop masturbating

lol if your jo sesh dont last long enough that you need to switch up

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Also one arm lat pulls

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Sonofsilversign posted:

lol if your jo sesh dont last long enough that you need to switch up

Or you ram a dildo up your rear end with the other hand.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
tendinitis one outside of forearms from two handed bicep curl. am i doomed to forever not curl?

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Today I ohp 175 pounds, 5x4. I weigh 165.

:aaaaa:

My OHP is stuck on 110 lbs atm. I'm doing stronglifts. I can maintain the progress for the other lifts but the OHP is the only thing I really have trouble with. Other numbers: bench (135), squat (175), deadlift (220), row (95); weight (185).

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

lodewijk posted:

I can maintain the progress for the other lifts but the OHP is the only thing I really have trouble with.

Perfectly normal I'm afraid, OHP is known to be a bastard. Common remedies include increased or decreased frequency, volume, and/or intensity, microloading, resetting, just keeping at it, and complaining on the internet.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Groke posted:

Perfectly normal I'm afraid, OHP is known to be a bastard. Common remedies include increased or decreased frequency, volume, and/or intensity, microloading, resetting, just keeping at it, and complaining on the internet.

Agreed. Shoulders will let you down, shoulders will make you hurt.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

lodewijk posted:

:aaaaa:

My OHP is stuck on 110 lbs atm. I'm doing stronglifts. I can maintain the progress for the other lifts but the OHP is the only thing I really have trouble with. Other numbers: bench (135), squat (175), deadlift (220), row (95); weight (185).

This is pretty much me except I stalled on press even earlier and I'm not as fat as u.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groke posted:

also, steroids. :getin:

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

soy posted:

also, steroids. :getin:

Rumor has it they are the answer to all of life's problems

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm going to learn how to jump rope finally

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

This is pretty much me except I stalled on press even earlier and I'm not as fat as u.

Them's fighting words, ya twink!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I got rear ended on my bike yesterday so I'm not going to be pressing anything any time soon. Farewell, muscles.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Sunday I hit a bench pr of 270 at 163 lbs body weight. Having an actual plan and eating right works! I could have easily gotten 275 or 280 but I got psyched out at the thought of doing a 10 lb jump

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
We only 2 1.25 kg plates in the gym, and people keep losing/misplacing them so I have to spend 5 minutes looking for them every time I need them! :argh:

Not a big issue, I'm just going to buy some myself but I hate it when people don't put stuff back!

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I've been doing crossfit for a few months. Been losing weight and getting in shape, but they're super big on lifting heavy quickly. Is there any advantage to doing stuff like deadlifts and cleans quickly compared to just doing them regularly? Cause I find my form falls apart when I'm racing the clock.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Borden posted:

I've been doing crossfit for a few months. Been losing weight and getting in shape, but they're super big on lifting heavy quickly. Is there any advantage to doing stuff like deadlifts and cleans quickly compared to just doing them regularly? Cause I find my form falls apart when I'm racing the clock.

Please don't troll.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

bamhand posted:

Please don't troll.

Guess I'm joining a proper gym then.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Borden posted:

Mechanics -> Consistency -> Intensity

If your form starts to fall apart, either deload or slow down.

if your coach is one of those bros that just wants you to go faster, tell him to go gently caress himself.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

if your coach is one of those bros that just wants you to go faster, tell him to go gently caress himself.

calling youtube crossfit videos "coach" is real weird

I have never seen a crossfit trainer that is not also a prolific youtube uploader

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Figured as much. That's basically the situation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mortimer posted:

calling youtube crossfit videos "coach" is real weird

I have never seen a crossfit trainer that is not also a prolific youtube uploader

Well there's a couple reasons for this. Obviously if you're a trainer you need to look the part, and being alpha work out person certainly attracts a certain breed of person.

Not like the struggling actors that just don't want to wait tables, or the guy that shows off to strangers on a message board.

cough

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Slightly related, what's with guys who get halfway into a rep an then just wiggle back and forth/MICROREPS

i mean i guess uts better than not going to the gym at all, just weird to see a guy bench press about an inch up and down

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

I got rear ended on my bike yesterday so I'm not going to be pressing anything any time soon. Farewell, muscles.

Cardio kills gains, you were warned.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

was the driver morbidly obese

because if so im p sure fitness karma allows you to murder him/her with a dumbell, its in the swolestitution

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zahgaegun posted:

Don't worry it was a motorcycle.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

Zahgaegun posted:

I sacrifice gains and do cardio to be able to like, play a sport with running fast, when I feel like it

I am.... a monster

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
i run alot too. My gym has a pool and very few people use it and I'd like to start swimming but I feel like if I make exercise out of it, I'll lose interest really fast. Anyone up for some Marco Polo to keep things interesting?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Only if you mean "lets bang that Marco Polo guy in the pool together" in which case I'm up for that event

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Only if you mean "lets bang that Marco Polo guy in the pool together" in which case I'm up for that event

like making a chicken sandwich out of two hamsteaks

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I run and do ERG because I don't want to die clutching my heart with protein shake pooled around my body like a crime scene investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm so loving swole that when I finally collapse onto the gym floor the defibrillator paddles are only going to penetrate far enough to make my pecs bounce one final time.

• Locked thread