Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Zangief causing Xen grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mcvey posted:

:aaa:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Pookum posted:

It would be good. Even if the gun was bad I would use it

If they put the TMP back in the game I would use it exclusively

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Laughed really loud at this.

I'll take my Ultra crown back

e:
Never gonna install this again at the rate valve is patching

Quittin cold turkey works baby, never felt more liberated in my life

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 15, 2015

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there much of a European goon presence in CS:Go or is it more of an across the pond kind of thing.

Solo
Mar 25, 2003
Funny text here
I'm EU and recently came back after many many years of absence. Does seem like most of the goons are US based, and sub.io is always empty when I'm playing. Would be nice if there were more EU goons :)

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I think there's quite a few of us eurogoons, but we seem to be a pretty insular bunch. I mostly play with other scandinavian friends who prefer playing with other scandinavians, which unfortunately leaves a lot of the continent out in the cold

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bohemiannights

Here's the SMFC profile I mostly play on when it's not with other bork borks, so add me if you want I guess

e: we'd probably have a lot more Eurogoon activity if we had a EU goonmans server, but my own attempt to set one up unfortunately fell apart

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 15, 2015

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Xen will come back when a new Judge Dredd is released

Solo
Mar 25, 2003
Funny text here
I'd play with you Bohemian, but I'm a lowly DMG, and have only played 19 competetive games since coming back. Danish living in the UK btw.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Im EU but I'm MG2 and bad

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

HiipFire posted:

Im EU but I'm MG2 and bad

EU MG2? That's NA Global :can:

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

That's like, your opinion, man

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm eu and yoyoing between mge and dmg. It distinctly reminds me of yoyoing between nova 4 and mg months ago but slightly better.

Was there a vac wave recently? Over the weekend I saw a lot of 14 hours accounts and dmgs playing like silvers. By that I mean never buying armour, knowing zero about grenades and refusing to push out ever even when I got the opening pick for them. The week before I saw nothing like that.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: we'd probably have a lot more Eurogoon activity if we had a EU goonmans server, but my own attempt to set one up unfortunately fell apart

Sorry I've been lazy with this, let me get something sorted out

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Ok so I got a better performing server than last time hopefully!

Connect 54.76.174.209

I'm at work so I can't test it, I just made it so it might even be broken. Goons please get in here and start playing. Let me know how it goes. I seem to remember the server started getting a bit weird at 7 players or more before but hopefully this is gone now as this server has like triple the power.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 15, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

Ok so I got a better performing server than last time hopefully!

Connect 54.76.174.209

I'm at work so I can't test it, I just made it so it might even be broken. Goons please get in here and start playing. Let me know how it goes. I seem to remember the server started getting a bit weird at 7 players or more before but hopefully this is gone now as this server has like triple the power.

IP doesn't connect to anything at the moment. Does it need a port?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I just rebooted it a moment ago as I realised I'd hosed something up, try now.
Its running on the default port so just 27015 but I'm not sure if you need to specify that

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Pookum posted:

Not good at CS? Use the p90.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Ahdinko posted:

I just rebooted it a moment ago as I realised I'd hosed something up, try now.
Its running on the default port so just 27015 but I'm not sure if you need to specify that

connections will default to 27015

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Pookum posted:

Not good with the AK? Use the p90.

I thought about suggesting that to a teammate on subio the other day, but I figured they had to learn to use a rifle sooner or later.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

zangrief

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I thought about suggesting that to a teammate on subio the other day, but I figured they had to learn to use a rifle sooner or later.

please stop making our server your own personal akumos breeding grounds

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

real dilemma posted:

please stop making our server your own personal akumos breeding grounds

It was just really painful to watch the ak spray. And this is coming from an NA DMG

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Server seems OK to me now, bunch of bots playing deathmatch on there

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Jeza posted:

Server seems OK to me now, bunch of bots playing deathmatch on there

Awesome, the previous problems only showed when there were 6+ people on it so lets call an EU goonmans. Wednesday 7PM UK (6PM UTC). Lets get the server full and test it out

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I play on my couch with a 6 year old laptop. Why did I just rank up to DMG? :stare:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
No joke the p90 helped me a lot as I was working my way through silver and low nova ranks until I got the Ak and m4 sprays down. It has its place in comp, but its definitely not an eco buy. Its Ok for holding corners as CT I think but then again I'm terrible so who knows.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
P90 is a good gun for a lot of situations but the best is if you get a couple kills pistol round and p90 after. I usually can keep it until like round 5 or 6 because people just fall before its might.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wish those guys we ran into on gta followed through with that scrim

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

P90 is a good gun for a lot of situations but the best is if you get a couple kills pistol round and p90 after. I usually can keep it until like round 5 or 6 because people just fall before its might.

If it's good enough for getright it's good enough for me

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The only issue with this is that you don't bank nearly as much money as if you used any other SMG. I mean if you can survive 5 or 6 rounds without dropping for anyone anyway it doesn't really matter, but just a thought.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I have made MGE through mainly solo queuing and am at a stand still. I know I need to work on my AK spread, because as of right now I would rather use an mp7 or sg553. I feel like I just don't understand how much to pull down. I kind of have it down for the m4, but still use a 3-4 burst with it instead.

Is moving past MGE just understanding where to throw smokes and just working on headshots? I know I am still poo poo at this game, but I feel like I get to MGE and then just hit a wall.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

fyallm posted:

I have made MGE through mainly solo queuing and am at a stand still. I know I need to work on my AK spread, because as of right now I would rather use an mp7 or sg553. I feel like I just don't understand how much to pull down. I kind of have it down for the m4, but still use a 3-4 burst with it instead.

Is moving past MGE just understanding where to throw smokes and just working on headshots? I know I am still poo poo at this game, but I feel like I get to MGE and then just hit a wall.

learn to tap

unbind your reload key and play headshot only dm until you can tap heads consistently (tdm if ffa is frustrating (it is for me))

hold angles and play like you would in an actual game, don't just run around like a retard

whisenhunt made these videos for 1.6 but the basics still carry over

watch it, learn it, live it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65oTInp3yXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRsdzzgW1c

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kwilty posted:

The only issue with this is that you don't bank nearly as much money as if you used any other SMG. I mean if you can survive 5 or 6 rounds without dropping for anyone anyway it doesn't really matter, but just a thought.

This is true but the trade off is that it carries over to rifle rounds and you don't have to worry as much about them assholes who do second round pistol/armor buys.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Focusing on HS only DM as a new player is a good way to pick up bad habits in a spray heavy game like GO. Practice pulling down for the first 7~ shots on a wall and get used to that. Play a bunch of regular FFA DM and review your own demos. Better yet post a few of your own demos here to be reviewed.

Xenaero posted:

I wish those guys we ran into on gta followed through with that scrim

:agreed:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Requisite post from the OP about crosshair placement. Do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45QQadF6fE

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

This is true but the trade off is that it carries over to rifle rounds and you don't have to worry as much about them assholes who do second round pistol/armor buys.

It does but more often than not you'll die to a site rush after you take 2 or 3 guys with you. If it's the third round after two wins on CT the P90 is a good choice but I'd probably take the MP7 to build up bank and then ditch it when the 4th starts. Certainly doesn't apply if you're playing spots like fast cat or lurking a close angle with a teammate baiting into you or something.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 15, 2015

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

deep impact on vhs posted:

learn to tap

unbind your reload key and play headshot only dm until you can tap heads consistently (tdm if ffa is frustrating (it is for me))

hold angles and play like you would in an actual game, don't just run around like a retard

whisenhunt made these videos for 1.6 but the basics still carry over

watch it, learn it, live it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65oTInp3yXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRsdzzgW1c

Thanks for these videos, I will watch them tonight! Also I feel like when I am trying to hold an angle, it is like I am not quick enough on my response to shoot them, or I am aiming in the incorrect spot so I have to move my mouse and I am already dead.

quote:

Better yet post a few of your own demos here to be reviewed.
What is the easiest way to grab a demo for you to review?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

fyallm posted:

Thanks for these videos, I will watch them tonight! Also I feel like when I am trying to hold an angle, it is like I am not quick enough on my response to shoot them, or I am aiming in the incorrect spot so I have to move my mouse and I am already dead.

What is the easiest way to grab a demo for you to review?

position your crosshair further away from the wall, try to estimate your reaction times instead of trying to force yourself to react at the fastest possible moment. ya win some and ya lose some but if you're holding an angle with your crosshair positioned in a place where you can react properly at least you have a shot

i will say holding angles was far more viable in 1.6, at least it feels that way to me; in 1.6 i could demolish kids holding a tight angle and run away without taking much (if any) damage when poo poo got heated but it doesn't feel the same way in go

one more thing: demos should be stored in STEAMDIR\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\replays

this might be inaccurate now, haven't checked

then just take the .dem file and put it on mediafire/zippyshare or something

RISCy Business fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 15, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

You'll find your matchmaking demos under the Watch tab. It'll spit out a link that can be used to launch CSGO straight to the demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

mcvey posted:

You'll find your matchmaking demos under the Watch tab. It'll spit out a link that can be used to launch CSGO straight to the demo.

i forgot about that

• Locked thread