Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Gonna lose one game by . 34 because Parkey couldn't kick a loving field goal. And so it begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm excited about owning Tevin Coleman and Bishop Sankey and the next 14 weeks of me starting one over the other for continued let downs

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Doltos posted:

I'm excited about owning Tevin Coleman and Bishop Sankey and the next 14 weeks of me starting one over the other for continued let downs

Same except Stevie Johnson and Kendall Wright.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This may be the greatest Week 1 in the history of trade raping people after all of the tons of high draft picks sucked.

Also, I went 1-5 in all of my leagues this week. But, it's cool, the one league I won in, I put up 170+ points in a 16 man league (Cheating for Charity). The others, though....

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Motherfucker. I lost one of my leagues by 0.9 points because Carlos Hyde went nuts

Starting 1-2 across my three leagues :negative:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hopefully a simple Q - does NFL.com still have those awesome machine generated reports for each team? When I used that system, waiting for that to come out was one of my favourite parts. My friend has a league there, and I tried to show it to him and I cannot for the life of me find a link to them. Don't say they removed it or pushed it to a paid tier?

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hopefully a simple Q - does NFL.com still have those awesome machine generated reports for each team? When I used that system, waiting for that to come out was one of my favourite parts. My friend has a league there, and I tried to show it to him and I cannot for the life of me find a link to them. Don't say they removed it or pushed it to a paid tier?
I was wondering the same, but I am pretty sure they removed it for some reason.. Too bad, I did enjoy reading those as well, at times it didn't make a lot of sense but some of the statistics it gave you were pretty interesting as well.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Varg posted:

nope but I need Hyde + Julio + Matt Ryan to tear it up to make any money in the first ever draft kings contest I tried. At least now I have a much better idea of how to approach those though and that I should take longer than 5 minutes to do one next week

Won $150 back from a $50 bet, finished 250th of 2626 entries.. a small victory, thank you fantasy gods!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wuntvor posted:

I was wondering the same, but I am pretty sure they removed it for some reason.. Too bad, I did enjoy reading those as well, at times it didn't make a lot of sense but some of the statistics it gave you were pretty interesting as well.

drat, that's really sucky. When I moved to Yahoo, that was the aspect I missed the most (we get a good Draft recap but thats about it).

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Do you guys have anything you use that gives weekly typical auction values for Free Agent Auction Bidding? This is the first year my league has used it.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Looking for goon-seal-of-approval on my waiver moves:

Dropping:
Jerryd Hayne
Ruben Randle
Eddie Royal
Doug Baldwin

Grabbing:
Tyler Eifert
Marcus Mariota (current QB is Tannehill)
Stevie Johnson
Bishop Sankey

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
What caliber WR would you offer for Dez Bryant?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

xcore posted:

Holy poo poo, Carlos Hyde is having a monster week (according to the online PBP anyway)

Yeah and the 9rs don't look as bad as everyone thought! I was way wrong on Hyde and have very few shares of him. Sad tymes

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Do you guys have anything you use that gives weekly typical auction values for Free Agent Auction Bidding? This is the first year my league has used it.

I don't read any that are specifically aimed at auctions, but I know a few at least do stuff like include a $ value next to their picks to give people a rough idea of what they should spend. Unfortunately it's early, my brain's still asleep, and none of the waiver articles except FantasyPros are out which doesn't do it. I want to say Rotoworld's waiver columns include an estimated value, so check that when it comes out later today.

PyroDwarf posted:

Looking for goon-seal-of-approval on my waiver moves:

Dropping:
Jerryd Hayne
Ruben Randle
Eddie Royal
Doug Baldwin

Grabbing:
Tyler Eifert
Marcus Mariota (current QB is Tannehill)
Stevie Johnson
Bishop Sankey

Eifert and Stevie are 100% pickups, and while I'm not as sold on Mariota and Sankey as the initial buzz, they're still decent additions over the guys you're dropping and worth taking a chance on. Granted, I don't see how you'll get all 4 of those guys unless your league sleeps through the waiver process, but hey worth a try. In terms of waiver priority I'd do Eifert>Stevie>Mariota>Sankey.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Gonna lose one game by . 34 because Parkey couldn't kick a loving field goal. And so it begins.

Survived a Julio onslaught by 1.14 points because Blair Walsh made 1 field goal.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
So how about those Bradford predictions?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I'm gonna try not to overrreact to anything Week 1, but man, it's hilarious how you made "so many good decisions" in the offseason only to have it blow up in your face Week 1.

In two leagues: Drafted Bridgewater super late at QB. That was....questionable. I have Dalton in one I may spell in his place.

In two leagues: Drafted Eddie Royal in 9th-10th round. Oof.

In two leagues: Drafted Brian Quick. Who was literally a healthy scratch. Christ.

Also drafted, in various leagues: Markus Wheaton, Charles Johnson. I mean, they were all mid to late round picks, but still, this is where fantasy championships are won, and my deeper roster did not look great.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Needed Roddy White to outscore ADP by 3.8 to win week 1.

12.4 vs 8.2 :smugdog:

Please no stat corrections :ohdear:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Started out the season 3-0. Glad I have Julio in literally every league I'm in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Did Carolina do good enough to merit keeping them against Houston instead of streaming? Or is it just "they played Jacksonville"?

Indy vs. NYJ, New Orleans vs. TB, and Ten vs. Cle are all on the waiver wire.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Standard scoring. James Jones + Ameer Abdullah for Justin Forsett. Who wins?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

4-0 and won 20 bucks in a $2 entry on Fanduel. Not a bad start, but i own a lot of Dez, Allen Robinson and had a bunch of RB disappointments for week 1.

Shout out to Gronk, Eifert, hopkins, Ivory, my kickers, Jets D, and Carson Palmer.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Didn't get a chance to see anything but the last five minutes of the 9ers vikings game last night, what was up with Torrey? Doesn't look like he got much action..

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Anderron Shi posted:

Didn't get a chance to see anything but the last five minutes of the 9ers vikings game last night, what was up with Torrey? Doesn't look like he got much action..

He's always been hit or miss --- he had some multiple TD games with Baltimore, and games where he couldn't catch any of the deep balls Flacco threw him. Expect more of the same in SF.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
drat, I was the highest scoring team by 23 points. I had almost double the score of the guy I was going up against. 144-76.

There are really only 2 other teams I'm worried about in my league. One of them has AP. If he has stats like he did last night all season (unlikely) I should be fine. He also has a bye the week I go up against that team.

Also, I have Julio, Golden Tate, Jarvis Landry, James Jones, and Davonte Adams. Gonna play 4 (3 WR and a flex). Thinking of sitting Adams or Landry. Jones sat last week for me just because I didn't know what to expect, but he looks to be a TD target. Thoughts?

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 15, 2015

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

railroad terror posted:

He's always been hit or miss --- he had some multiple TD games with Baltimore, and games where he couldn't catch any of the deep balls Flacco threw him. Expect more of the same in SF.

Yeah, I guess you're right. One thing I can say about him though is that in 4 seasons he's started in 64 games.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

railroad terror posted:

I'm gonna try not to overrreact to anything Week 1, but man, it's hilarious how you made "so many good decisions" in the offseason only to have it blow up in your face Week 1.

In two leagues: Drafted Bridgewater super late at QB. That was....questionable. I have Dalton in one I may spell in his place.

In two leagues: Drafted Eddie Royal in 9th-10th round. Oof.

In two leagues: Drafted Brian Quick. Who was literally a healthy scratch. Christ.

Also drafted, in various leagues: Markus Wheaton, Charles Johnson. I mean, they were all mid to late round picks, but still, this is where fantasy championships are won, and my deeper roster did not look great.

Half the fun of the first 4 weeks is seeing where you were right and wrong and relentlessly defending/making fun of said conclusions.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I not only went 3-0, but I was the highest scorer in all three leagues. Thanks beer4thebeergod!

Of course, this means I have last waiver pick in all three leagues.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 15, 2015

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

My face when beer4thebeergod has won my division (and the league) in our dynasty league the last 2 years and will likely make it 3.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Looks like I could be out my top two WRs in Evans and Dez for the foreseeable future. I was lucky enough to have drafted James Jones in the 14th so I have a decent fill-in guy there, however the rest of my receiving corps is as follows:

Steve Smith Sr.
Roddy White
Markus Wheaton

I'm also in .5 PPR and not really deep enough in RBs to confidently flex one of those (starters are Forte and L. Murray):

TJ Yeldon
Roy Helu
Andre Williams

I have top waiver priority but there's not really much catching my eye on the wire. The only WR's I think I'd consider are Nate Washington and Cole Beasley, and I think there's a decent chance no one even claims them. CJ2K and Karlos Williams are the only RBs that might be worth a spot start I guess but again neither one seems worth a top waiver spot. I should just go with my gut here and hold off on making any claims, right?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
One league the 2nd and 4th (me) highest scores lost to the #1 and #3, respectively.

GoonTier is also bullshit.

scored assloads of points in every league and went 0-4 in my leagues that matter and went 2-0 in my lovely bullshit throw-away pubbie leagues.

this loving game

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
My WW rankings for week 1 in PPR formats. I assume you have starters and prioritize upside. My cutoff is 50% ownership in Yahoo, so you won't see the likes of Stevie or Eifert etc. listed here, but if they're available in your leagues, go get them.

WR
1) Brandon Coleman – Currently only getting reliable snaps in 3-wide sets, but Colston looks done. Brees has gone like a million years in a row with 4000 passing yards and I want a piece of that if possible. Coleman could be the WR2 for Brees by the end of the season.

2) Cole Beasley – I think a reasonable time table for Dez is ~8 weeks. TWill should get increased targets but I’ve never liked him because of his terrible hands and unreliability. He dropped critical back to back passes Sunday, true to form. Beasley, the slot guy, was being discussed as a potential breakout by some folks here (Kaiser?) before the season started, and training camp was full of reports about how uncoverable he’s been. My guess for this new offense is a target distribution for Beasley/Twill/Witten/Dunbar that will emulate last year’s Edelman/LaFell/Gronk/Vereen, only the other three of cowboys are definitely worse than their Patriots counterparts. This could be a big year for Beasley and if I was picking for upside, this would be it.

3) Perriman – Gonna be in the minority on this one. But my take watching the Broncos-Ravens game was that Flacco spent the entire game desperately hoping would step up against that fierce Denver offense and finding nobody. Steve Smith barely looked open all game. Perriman should be back within 2 weeks, and when he does, I think there’s a strong chance he’s not only the 1B to Steve’s 1A. I think he could be the WR1 for the Ravens. Of course, his floor is essentially bottomless as a rookie with no preseason reps. But he has the skills to be the deep threat that the Ravens really need right now. It’s just a case of (potential) talent meets opportunity. I’d rather be ahead of the curve than behind it on this one.

4) James Jones – If you need a starter right now, I think this might be the one. Has great chemistry with ARodg from all the years they played together, and the over-the-shoulder touchdown pass is something we will be seeing more of. I think he’s very likely to be a boom-bust player though, and I’d be hesitant to actually start him until we see more how the usage is going to break down with Cobb still limited (Sunday, Adams got 8 targets to Jones’ 4, and I that’s likely to continue). But as a touchdown upside “what the heck flex” you could do worse.

5) Moncrief – I’m pretty high on this guy, but it sounds like TY may only miss a game or two. No major damage, just really bad bruising. Haven’t watched the film yet but people have been saying AJ80 is looking done, so there’s upside here even if TY is back soon, and Luck makes everybody a potential breakout. But it’s still an immensely crowded WR core – I don’t think we have enough to change our opinion too much at the moment: TY is still top dog, AJ80 is still currently 2nd but may be old, Dorsett and Carter are still waiting in the wings, and the TEs are still going to see volume. And even if TY does get the start next week, he’ll be shadowed by Revis.

6) Lockett in return yard leagues.

RB
1) Bishop Sankey – looked good with a decent quarterback at the helm. Saw decent volume and was productive with what he got. He’s still a SPARQ monster and a highly-drafted prospect and I’m willing to gamble that last year’s showing was simply the consequence of being part of a trashfire offense. I’d take the risk because the upside is considerable.

2) CJ?K – Elllington is out and he’s the next man up. Maybe the change of scenery will help kickstart a revival. I don’t want him to be ahead of David Johnson, but he just is at the moment, so he's the smarter add as much as I hate to say it.

3) David Johnson – Ellington went down with what might have been a PCL sprain. DJ has the build, skills, pedigree, and athleticism to be the every-down replacement. Scored an impressive touchdown against the Saints. Downside: missed a lot of time in the offseason and may not be trusted by the org yet to carry a big load.

4) Karlos Williams – Got a lot of offseason buzz, and is extremely fast for somebody of his build. Rex likes to run, and if McCoy goes down or continues to be ineffective, Karlos could post some serious numbers.

5) Sproles – I’m going to be in the minority here, but what I saw from the running game last night made me take notice. For the last two years, the plan was to open gaps for McCoy to hit home runs against tired fronts. This year, it seems pretty clear that Murray wasn’t signed to hit home runs, he was signed to be almost impossible to tackle. That man can push a pile and level a defender that isn’t set for the tackle. Ryan Mathews and Sproles are going to thrive in the second halves of games against teams that have been punished 20-odd times by Murray and run ragged by all the up-tempo field stretching. Sproles is lightning fast, has superb balance, and can be productive on small volume. HOWEVER, he had a big game to open last season as well and then was essentially unstartable, so it’s a big gamble.

DWill – Good for a start only if you need it before Leveon comes back. Otherwise, don’t bother.

Others (in order): Khiry, Hillman, Dunbar, D Lewis, Zo, Duke Jr, Matt Jones

TE
1) Heath Miller – saw big volume and a ton of red zone looks. Get him.

2) Antonio Gates – If your TE sucks and all the good ones are gone, he could be worth a stash. Looks like Rivers could be producing some TDs this year.

others: Scott Chandler so you can play him week 4 against the Jets. =P

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Dandy Kaiser posted:

One league the 2nd and 4th (me) highest scores lost to the #1 and #3, respectively.

GoonTier is also bullshit.

scored assloads of points in every league and went 0-4 in my leagues that matter and went 2-0 in my lovely bullshit throw-away pubbie leagues.

this loving game

I too won my meaningless pubbie leagues. Feels good ma------ :smith: :smith: :smith:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

The "CJA/Julio" open I went with for every league where I drafted from spots 8-12 looks half brilliant and half total disaster, but I somehow didn't lose a single game in any league last week.

CJA is welcome to step it up any time now, though.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
so when is it okay to cut agholor and burn chip in effigy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have agholor, funchess, and wheaton. I'm so close to dropping all 3 and chasing other dragons.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
going forward:

1. tannehill (vs jax) or palmer?

2. drop crowell and/or duke johnson?

3. Broncos DST?

4. Start David Johnson or CJ?K in place of Ellington?

5. Flex start Sankey or Stevie Johnson?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Forever_Peace posted:

The "CJA/Julio" open I went with for every league where I drafted from spots 8-12 looks half brilliant and half total disaster, but I somehow didn't lose a single game in any league last week.

CJA is welcome to step it up any time now, though.

I think CJA will pick it up this year --- he's just straight up a better RB than Hillman. And Julio will be the #1 WR this year.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sweeping changes based on week one are definitely a good idea and nobody has ever regretted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

railroad terror posted:

I too won my meaningless pubbie leagues. Feels good ma------ :smith: :smith: :smith:

glad I didn't join a pubbie league this year..

• Locked thread