Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Cingulate posted:

Also, Pinker should pretty much be a neoreactionary god. I don't know if these people are reading him, but he should be right up their alley.

I dunno, I've only ever read the blank slate but he spends a substantial portion of it arguing that left wing ideals can be good inherently without neccisarilly needing to depend on a complete rejection of evolutionary psychology, and a lot of evo-psych conclusions can easily be turned around against the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Heresiarch posted:

Is this somebody we ought to recognize or is he just a particularly obnoxious example from the Racist Twitter Abyss?

"an idiot tries not to tweet"

[by excellent goon KRILLIN IN THE NAME]

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

divabot posted:

He pissed them off by documenting in detail how these are actually the best times ever, rather than the final days of civilisation. They hate him since then.
gently caress, good point. Usually I'm the one hyping The Better Angels of Our Nature, too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think Pinker is, along with Dawkins, someone they make occasional token efforts to convert to their side.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Cingulate posted:

gently caress, good point. Usually I'm the one hyping The Better Angels of Our Nature, too.

Better Angels of Our Nature makes some dubious arguments in places; his estimate of the death toll of the An Lushan Rebellion, for example, is generally considered an absurd overestimate, while his estimates of death tolls for some recent wars are probably underestimates. It's probably closer to being correct than the narrative that things have been getting worse and worse for the past few centuries, but I wouldn't cite it too approvingly.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Anissimov gets kicked off Twitter, and he's pissed.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

That was quite a spectacular meltdown. What prompted the original ban?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

That was quite a spectacular meltdown. What prompted the original ban?

He's a creepy death threat-making stalker shitbird, so it's probably something along those lines.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
How exactly is he twitting about being banned from twitter, anyway.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Strudel Man posted:

How exactly is he twitting about being banned from twitter, anyway.
New account.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Ah. Right.

Almost pointless to even ban somebody, then. :shrug:

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

Twitter doesn't like threats of actual violence, they gave disreputable floor-making GBS threads pooplord Chuck C. Johnson an "permanent suspension" and have suspended any and all accounts he's touched. Plus there's the whole "New accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be suspended.” rule, but I'm not sure how long it'll take Twitter to suspend any parachutes Anissimov uses.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wales Grey posted:

Twitter doesn't like threats of actual violence, they gave disreputable floor-making GBS threads pooplord Chuck C. Johnson an "permanent suspension" and have suspended any and all accounts he's touched. Plus there's the whole "New accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be suspended.” rule, but I'm not sure how long it'll take Twitter to suspend any parachutes Anissimov uses.

Yeah, they already killed the parachute account and he hasn't popped up openly since, afaik. Exiled to the phantom zone, poor li'l nazi.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Strudel Man posted:

Ah. Right.

Pretty easy to get him reported for continuing in the same vein, and they probably know how to look up IPs and stuff. Apparently he was suspended for repeated threats of violence against Shanley Kane and Weev, and continuing with his new account. If he hadn't alienated so many people and told the ones he hadn't alienated to gently caress off, I'd see if there was anyone still on speaking terms with him who could check he was OK and not too nuts.

Mike's still posting on ask.fm:

quote:

What happened to your Twitter account?
it was suspended

So you got kicked off Twitter. will this affect your nrx status?
I'm still on Twitter

YEAH ABOUT THAT

Live search for "anissimov" is on fire. The alt-right hate him so much.

'Heh, Anissimov is on the "Diplomacy Board" of the Lifeboat Foundation.'

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Pretty easy to get him reported for continuing in the same vein, and they probably know how to look up IPs and stuff. Apparently he was suspended for repeated threats of violence against Shanley Kane and Weev, and continuing with his new account. If he hadn't alienated so many people and told the ones he hadn't alienated to gently caress off, I'd see if there was anyone still on speaking terms with him who could check he was OK and not too nuts.

Mike's still posting on ask.fm:

YEAH ABOUT THAT

Live search for "anissimov" is on fire. The alt-right hate him so much.

'Heh, Anissimov is on the "Diplomacy Board" of the Lifeboat Foundation.'

I'm pretty sure everyone hates Anissimov, with the possible exception of Anissimov. We were born into this life for the sole purpose of trolling him.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone hates Anissimov, with the possible exception of Anissimov.
This guy doesn't seem to.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

This is a gateway into madness.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

It must be really bad when people with Confederate flag icons come out against you.

Curvature of Earth has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Sep 16, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Fine: everyone worth taking any notice of

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
let me use this example: imagine four rationalists on the edge of a cliff. say a direct copy of the rationalist nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of rationalists and takes the place of the first rationalist. the formerly first rationalist becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff and joins rationalwiki.

bayes works the same way.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
https://twitter.com/JustineTunney/status/644321243399892993

These loving people.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Justine Tunney said something stupid, which makes her a serial killer*

*I here use this word to mean "a dumb person"

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
An-caps, actually communists.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

I looked at the twitters of some of the people who retweeted or favorited this and I highly recommend that nobody else do this.

Crayonskies
May 18, 2014
Have Pink Pills been covered in this thread already? Because that sonic revolution guy is apparently a #PinkPill and the masochist in me wants to know what that means.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Crayonskies posted:

Have Pink Pills been covered in this thread already? Because that sonic revolution guy is apparently a #PinkPill and the masochist in me wants to know what that means.
#PurplePill, and I have no desire to look that up.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

How dare you, Tunney has consistently denied any links to neoreaction or DE! The concordance of ideas is clearly a coincidence.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

#PurplePill, and I have no desire to look that up.

That's to help you with the acid reflex reading this poo poo gives you. :downsrim:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Merdifex posted:

https://twitter.com/JustineTunney/status/644321243399892993

Republicans who don't believe in a secure border aren't republicans at all. They're internationalists. That makes them communists.
If e.g. Vosgian Beast had posted this, I'd congratulate him on the convincing and funny Moldbug parody.

I want to try one, too. Neoreactionaries who allow women to learn to write aren't neoreactionaries at all. They're feminists. That makes them nazis.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Cingulate posted:

If e.g. Vosgian Beast had posted this, I'd congratulate him on the convincing and funny Moldbug parody.

I want to try one, too. Neoreactionaries who allow women to learn to write aren't neoreactionaries at all. They're feminists. That makes them nazis.

hyper-traditionalist does a good line in these.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

This is amazing and wonderful. I might have posted it before, but this joke twitter account was really good too https://twitter.com/nrxdecoder

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

divabot posted:

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is amazing and wonderful. I might have posted it before, but this joke twitter account was really good too https://twitter.com/nrxdecoder

:gowron:

Holy poo poo. I'm surprised there aren't more people taking the piss out of these chuckle fucks since they take themselves so seriously they're practically begging to be mocked.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Dean of Swing posted:

Besides making magic cards of themselves, they love making lovely graphs and figures full of big words.

Why is this in the OP, very strongly implying that this guy is on board with neoreaction when ten seconds of Googling tells you he very explicitly rejects it? It seems extraordinarily dishonest and unkind.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Why is this in the OP, very strongly implying that this guy is on board with neoreaction when ten seconds of Googling tells you he very explicitly rejects it? It seems extraordinarily dishonest and unkind.
Sneer culture wins again

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

Nessus posted:

Sneer culture wins again

I don't follow.

edit: Followed my own logic and Googled it. I'm with you.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Do you enjoy diarrhea on your ice cream or a few big firm turds?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I don't follow.

edit: Followed my own logic and Googled it. I'm with you.
Welcome... to somethingawful dot com.

If Yud isn't one of these folks or at least in the neighboring territory, how'd he get on their magic cards, anyway?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nessus posted:

If Yud isn't one of these folks or at least in the neighboring territory, how'd he get on their magic cards, anyway?

A lot of his followers are, he shares a number of opinions with them, and his sugardaddy Peter Thiel is a fellow traveler at the very least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

Do you enjoy diarrhea on your ice cream or a few big firm turds?

False dichotomy.

Nessus posted:

Some technofascist took 30 seconds to put him on one, I guess.

Look, now you're a neoreactionary too!

Smudgie Buggler has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Sep 18, 2015