Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

feedmegin posted:

:science: Only pod pilots survive death and can thus lose their stuff. Valkyrie isn't an MMO and is presumably more like, say, Call of Duty - every time you respawn you're a new guy and you don't have a lot of persistent stuff to lose.

That's kind of my point though. There's a fair number of star fighter games on the market. If all it has going compared to them is "takes place in EVE" and "has VR tech" this is going to be Dust all over again.

The best part of the whole mess is that going off an interview I read about Valkyrie their management still seems to be stuck up its own rear end when it comes to wanting to "be ahead" of the industry. The interviewee couldn't stop talking about the VR tech but couldn't answer any substantive questions like if they were sure if it was even going to release on PC.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Archonex posted:

That's kind of my point though. There's a fair number of star fighter games on the market. If all it has going compared to them is "takes place in EVE" and "has VR tech" this is going to be Dust all over again.

The best part of the whole mess is that going off an interview I read about Valkyrie their management still seems to be stuck up its own rear end when it comes to wanting to "be ahead" of the industry. The interviewee couldn't stop talking about the VR tech but couldn't answer any substantive questions like if they were sure if it was even going to release on PC.

That want to make it more psssssshhhh first.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Its like a lot of tech companies they get focused on what they can do rather then what they should do.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Archonex posted:

That's kind of my point though. There's a fair number of star fighter games on the market.Dust all over again.

There are? :shrug: I can't think of any other than Star Citizen (lol). Elite isn't really in the same niche.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What happened to that one steam game that was supposed to be the spiritual successor of VBLM?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I started this game again and installed the patch but I'm getting missing textures. Missing a girls eyes, anothers hair, and the hunter is all pink and black. The only thing I've found is that turning bump mapping on will fix it, but it does not. I've tried reinstalling the patch and even npc replacers but I'm still stuck. Any ideas?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I'm doing a playthrough with the newest Wesp patch, 9.3, and a few hours in, my Ventrue is crouching in front of a door at Grout's mansion going "I know that wasn't here before."

Turns out 9.3 adds in two little sub-areas/shortcuts/alternate routes: a small maze in Grout's Mansion and A MAJOR SHORTCUT THAT AVOIDS NINETY PERCENT OF THE loving WARRENS HOLY poo poo THANK YOU. It sounds like they're newly made, not restorations, but I think they fit in well enough. (They're both small and you can completely avoid them if you want to.)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

How is the arsenal mod? Do the new weapons look good? Does it change stats too?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Upmarket Mango posted:

How is the arsenal mod? Do the new weapons look good? Does it change stats too?

It's built into clan quest as an option, personally I like it because weird lightning pistols and Society of Leopold guys with sniper rifles and flamethrowers are pretty fun.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
If you go back to the Tremere chantry after you get the gargoyle quest (and, presumably, if the bald blue dude isn't talking to you), there is a desk with a computer and a book on gargoyles sitting on the desk. What is the password for the 'puter? It requires a level 9 hacking feat and the code isn't anywhere on gamefaqs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sizone posted:

If you go back to the Tremere chantry after you get the gargoyle quest (and, presumably, if the bald blue dude isn't talking to you), there is a desk with a computer and a book on gargoyles sitting on the desk. What is the password for the 'puter? It requires a level 9 hacking feat and the code isn't anywhere on gamefaqs.

meerlinda

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fuzz posted:

meerlinda

nice

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't remember if I asked in this thread two years back when I was doing my run for a friend, but I found what seemed to be an easter egg laptop in the Lucky Star with a hack of 9 required and it was talking about lycanthropes or something and had some weird messages, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure this is a WESP thing and not official, but does anyone know more about it? I could never figure out if there was a second part to the easter egg.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I can't remember if I asked in this thread two years back when I was doing my run for a friend, but I found what seemed to be an easter egg laptop in the Lucky Star with a hack of 9 required and it was talking about lycanthropes or something and had some weird messages, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure this is a WESP thing and not official, but does anyone know more about it? I could never figure out if there was a second part to the easter egg.

There's two computers at the Luckee Star. The first one gives you the password to the second one, that being "lycans". Now, that second computer does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XukZg6uxms

And when you do that, you're able to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHs2MBV6V6Q

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

TheMcD posted:

There's two computers at the Luckee Star. The first one gives you the password to the second one, that being "lycans". Now, that second computer does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XukZg6uxms

And when you do that, you're able to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHs2MBV6V6Q

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. That's right. I know I'd seen the ending but never the giant one. Fancy.

Also, this game does atmosphere so well. In just your first dumb little clip that's no where near serious it STILL had a great atmosphere through a YouTube video. Crazy. I love this game.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Alright, so If, after killing the Tzimisce in the Hollywood house of horror, instead of going into the sewers, you tell Betram Tung that someone is after the Noseferatai, you can sneak/follow him to the Noseferatu warren. I see him put on a normal dude illusion to cover up his nasty dudeness, then follow him into the sewers in santa monica. He stops in front of an accessway that exits to Hollywood, but, he doesn't go out the accesway, he just vanishes in a puff of smoke. Where the hell does he go next?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He goes to the graveyard, all the way down to the crypt at the bottom of the path.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Aleth posted:

He goes to the graveyard, all the way down to the crypt at the bottom of the path.

Thanks. It was the "goes through the hole in the fence to the cemetery" part I was missing.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

If ever there was a game that could use a graphics overhaul and delux edition, this is one. Like playing the game again is great but I wish it would have some HD textures up in this bitch.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The mod going for an HD version got a C&D.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
game is still rough as all hell, but the little touches in it make it great. i love that thing Velvet Velour does where she waits until youre almost out of the room before dropping "poor, poor David Hatter...". its really effective at making her come off as flaky and irritating without having her specifically being written to piss off the player.

e. or how Strauss gives you little conspiratorial looks if you manage to talk him into telling you how he really feels about Lacroix. or how Lacroix spends the whole game whining about how no one appreciates how hard it is to be the prince, but if you try to kiss up to him he gets all huffy about not having time for yes-men. bitch, please, dont pretend you dont want your ego massaged.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 11, 2015

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Just started another VTMB playthrough (6th? 7th?), I haven't played the game since '07 and never with the fan patch.

Tell me, was it always a possibility for cops to appear in the sewers? I somehow botched a feed on the snobby guy right outside the Santa Monica haven and then ducked into the sewer to wait til I wasn't heat bait. As soon as I exit little tunnel into the main sewer there was a cop coming right at me in search mode.

After I drained him, it seemed like I was in the clear so I walked around the corner and there was another goddamn cop just strolling ankle deep through liquid poo poo in his patrol blues.

Another thing that seemed out of place to me was new music tracks playing where I don't remember them, most notably some easy listening horseshit playing over Smaller God down at the beach.

I Ctrl-F'd through the readme and saw that the dude had restored and added tracks to the game, but I didn't see a way to shut them off. How do I shut these tracks off?

Copper Vein fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 14, 2015

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's stuff like that why I don't use the Plus patch or other patches that add content. A Smaller God is like the best song in the game (it also feels like Heather's theme song, really) and got me to get Darling Violetta's albums.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

PureRok posted:

A Smaller God is like the best song in the game (it also feels like Heather's theme song, really) and got me to get Darling Violetta's albums.
Best song is actually Swamped.

Fittingly enough, I had already been introduced to Darling Violetta from the earlier VTM game, Redemption.

Bloodlines got me to look up Lacuna Coil and Chiasm; I wouldn't recommend the latter.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Copper Vein posted:

Fittingly enough, I had already been introduced to Darling Violetta from the earlier VTM game, Redemption.

Bloodlines got me to look up Lacuna Coil and Chiasm; I wouldn't recommend the latter.
That one Chiasm album is good (I like Liquefy especially), but everything else is trash.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Copper Vein posted:

One of the more minor reasons I ended up getting this game was watching a bit of a Let's Play and seeing that Lacuna Coil was in it. Comalies was a good album.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jesus the hallowbrook hotel is really almost as garbage as the sewers. long, narrow hallways filled with annoyingly durable, nearly unavoidable chaff enemies who can see through obfuscate. not one but two stupid gimmicky boss fights designed to poo poo on melee characters.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Copper Vein posted:

If you liked the Chiasm stuff from VtM or the album Disorder, where the Asylum's 'Isolated' song comes from, then try Ego Likeness instead. Unlike Chiasm, the rest of their stuff isn't totally dreadful. I mean, it is, but it's also World of Darkness as gently caress and terrible the same way the game is - it's ridiculous, over-the-top goth-y stuff that is so 90s (even if it postdates the 90s) you can't help but crack up and grin. Well, if you're into that style of things, but let's face it: you're reading a VTM Bloodlines thread in 2015, you're into it. Like the game's soundtrack, it's atmospheric as gently caress and it practically drips terrible goth-punk attitude - and if they'd been better known at the time, I guarantee a song by them would have wound up in the game.

A couple of examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7APdjGmM2o, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xqw7f1IFQ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea26ULMxE8s

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

jesus the hallowbrook hotel is really almost as garbage as the sewers. long, narrow hallways filled with annoyingly durable, nearly unavoidable chaff enemies who can see through obfuscate. not one but two stupid gimmicky boss fights designed to poo poo on melee characters.

Its clear exactly where the money/ideas started to run out in this game

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Copper Vein posted:

Tiamat was actually the only band I hadn't heard of before playing the game that made me give a crap about them after the game. Cain is a really good song. They're not great, but they're fun to listen to once in a while.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, bought that game Bloodlust Shadowhunter since it finally came out of Early Access (I avoid Early Access titles). It clearly takes a lot of ideas from WoD, so at least it's got a similar flavor.

It still feels like it should still be in Early Access, to be honest. Quite a few typos and some janky/unexplained mechanics; some options don't work or save correctly. It feels like I'm playing a mid/late stage beta, not a released product. It's not bad, but it could definitely be better, I think. I wonder if "releasing" the game was to boost sales to get some more cashflow while putting more work in. I sure hope this doesn't stop getting updated or polished, because it could be a decent spiritual cousin to VtM:B.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 23, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

paranoid randroid posted:

If you go through as a combat spec'ed gangrel, it's actually fun as gently caress just tearing through everyone as a freakish monstrous protean thing. That's probably the only way it's fun though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

PureRok posted:

So, bought that game Bloodlust Shadowhunter since it finally came out of Early Access (I avoid Early Access titles). It clearly takes a lot of ideas from WoD, so at least it's got a similar flavor.

It still feels like it should still be in Early Access, to be honest. Quite a few typos and some janky/unexplained mechanics; some options don't work or save correctly. It feels like I'm playing a mid/late stage beta, not a released product. It's not bad, but it could definitely be better, I think. I wonder if "releasing" the game was to boost sales to get some more cashflow while putting more work in. I sure hope this doesn't stop getting updated or polished, because it could be a decent spiritual cousin to VtM:B.

I'm surprised this game didn't get more attention from CCP or whoever owns the old WW properties these days. There's an awful lot of familiar looking terminology and what not there.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sizone posted:

If you go through as a combat spec'ed gangrel, it's actually fun as gently caress just tearing through everyone as a freakish monstrous protean thing. That's probably the only way it's fun though.

It's fun as hell if you have Celerity. The whole thing ends up being a long Matrix lobby sequence.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

It's fun as hell if you have Celerity. The whole thing ends up being a long Matrix lobby sequence.

I did it as a domination specced venture and had a blast. You can drain the zombies so by the end of the first floor, my fortitude, presence and bloodbuff had about ten minutes of duration. Even though that gets wiped with boss, dominate was more than enough to hold him place while I unloaded a shotgun in his chest

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I did it as a domination specced venture and had a blast. You can drain the zombies so by the end of the first floor, my fortitude, presence and bloodbuff had about ten minutes of duration. Even though that gets wiped with boss, dominate was more than enough to hold him place while I unloaded a shotgun in his chest

We're taking about different areas.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

We're taking about different areas.

Oh the Sabbat ambush in the hotel, not the plague bearer quest? Dominate was still my friend. I think my firearms was at least 3 and probably 4 by that point. Probably had 2 or 3 in fortitude too.

I just started a new run through as nosferatu. Just using obsfucate and animalism, too the background that gave me increased damage and duration for the animalism powers. Spent all of Santa Monica building up obsfucate to 4 and now I've finally grabbed animalism 2. Pretty fun combo when clearing the parking garage!

Fat Larry's reaction to the pc being a Nos is hilarious.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Soonmot posted:

Oh the Sabbat ambush in the hotel, not the plague bearer quest? Dominate was still my friend. I think my firearms was at least 3 and probably 4 by that point. Probably had 2 or 3 in fortitude too.

I just started a new run through as nosferatu. Just using obsfucate and animalism, too the background that gave me increased damage and duration for the animalism powers. Spent all of Santa Monica building up obsfucate to 4 and now I've finally grabbed animalism 2. Pretty fun combo when clearing the parking garage!

fat larry ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Get to Animalism 5, then marvel as literally everything dies. Seriously, that power is the single most powerful one in the game, and with that History it straight up breaks the game. I've said it multiple times in this thread, but seriously... Animalism is the most underrated and the most overpowered Discipline in the game, by a huge margin.

• Locked thread