Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pretty decent chance Morty will turn into Rick via scifi time hijinks, he is already getting as jaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My favorite part of the episode

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Incredible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Away all Goats posted:

I created a brand new character just from Jerry's pecs.

OC do not steal.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

Literally patting himself on the back.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Away all Goats posted:

I'm glad they didn't let Jerry completely off the hook for being a giant tool.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Pretty decent chance Morty will turn into Rick via scifi time hijinks, he is already getting as jaded.

Was sorta hoping this episode would end that popular speculation since we see a bunch of Rick clones at different ages and none of them look like Morty.

Also was there ice cream in this episode? There's been ice cream in every episode this season so probably, but I don't remember off-hand.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

VideoTapir posted:

NO RUSH YOU SAY

Ohhh poo poo sorry lol I really liked the other one!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Away all Goats posted:

I just noticed the worm Jerry eating the Macho Jerry.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I just noticed the worm Jerry eating the Macho Jerry.

And he's looking back at Xeno-Beth for approval.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Interesting shift this season in that Morty has become a bit more confident and less poo poo on by Rick, while Summer is the one suffering more from Rick's carelessness (Keep Summer Safe) and spite (being shamed by Tiny Rick at school). There's some Venture Brothers type mini-growth going on there.

Anyway that's all the thinking I'm gonna put into a show designed by a couple giant nerd men.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Jessica is becoming more interesting to me. I think her getting closer to Morty had little to do with "Tiny Rick" playing wingman. Jessica was fairly calm and casual at the idea of Morty's granddad putting his mind in a younger clone. She's also saw at least some of Rick's inventions and was in the room when Morty turned into a car. Figure she also saw Rick and Morty save the world from the Intergalactic Idol-head. Also, while she was dating Brad Jessica never really seemed to like him all that much (and she went to the party and the dance without him). Finally, it was Jessica who suggested the slow-dance to Morty.

I think that just as Summer is a subversion of the stereotypical bitchy, selfish, shallow older sister, Jessica is going to be a subversion of the "designated crush/girlfriend." I think Jessica is a young woman with her own agenda and ambition to get ahead, whatever ahead means at the time. With Brad it was probably burnishing her popularity by dating the school's football star. With Morty and his science-wizard-god grandfather, Jessica might gain the keys to the multiverse.

I admit to not having much in the way of evidence, but it seems like something I could see happening.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://s.swirl.xyz/25ee163828.webm

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I really thought the entire breakout of their subconsciousnesses was just a simulation ran by the planet's marriage coaches. Rick kept dropping hints that the place had an absurd success rate and it seemed right up the alley of this show.

Also Rick killing all of his clones, holy poo poo. This show is amazing.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

johntfs posted:

Jessica is becoming more interesting to me. I think her getting closer to Morty had little to do with "Tiny Rick" playing wingman. Jessica was fairly calm and casual at the idea of Morty's granddad putting his mind in a younger clone. She's also saw at least some of Rick's inventions and was in the room when Morty turned into a car. Figure she also saw Rick and Morty save the world from the Intergalactic Idol-head. Also, while she was dating Brad Jessica never really seemed to like him all that much (and she went to the party and the dance without him). Finally, it was Jessica who suggested the slow-dance to Morty.

I think that just as Summer is a subversion of the stereotypical bitchy, selfish, shallow older sister, Jessica is going to be a subversion of the "designated crush/girlfriend." I think Jessica is a young woman with her own agenda and ambition to get ahead, whatever ahead means at the time. With Brad it was probably burnishing her popularity by dating the school's football star. With Morty and his science-wizard-god grandfather, Jessica might gain the keys to the multiverse.

I admit to not having much in the way of evidence, but it seems like something I could see happening.

put your loving dick away

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 15, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doltos posted:

I really thought the entire breakout of their subconsciousnesses was just a simulation ran by the planet's marriage coaches. Rick kept dropping hints that the place had an absurd success rate and it seemed right up the alley of this show.

Using a god drat axe to kill his own clones. Rick has access to all the technology ever and he just grabbed lawn tools

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Aaaaaaand one more for the road.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Using a god drat axe to kill his own clones. Rick has access to all the technology ever and he just grabbed lawn tools

And then he picks up Beth and Jerry while apparently still naked and half-covered in blood. Rick was not messing around.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingexecutive posted:

Aaaaaaand one more for the road.

PANTS!

prefect posted:

And then he picks up Beth and Jerry while apparently still naked and half-covered in blood. Rick was not messing around.

Entire ending to that episode was great. Nothing will ever beat the pilot but 'Old Rick, Ruining everything!' was close

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What the gently caress kind of obvious virus link is this? Jesus christ I've never seen such a shady link that didn't come from that tiny url parody that specifically made shady links.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krinkle posted:

What the gently caress kind of obvious virus link is this? Jesus christ I've never seen such a shady link that didn't come from that tiny url parody that specifically made shady links.

ummm its a .webm file which is a video and cannot include executable data

u can also type in swirl.xyz and see that its some sort of gif hosting site

I DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU GOT - DISQUALIFIED

EDIT: alternately:
http://swirl.xyz/s/025f2cc833

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

xyz ain't any country designation I ever heard of. They speak english in xyz?

Also thanks for that jerry's-congratulating-themselves gif because I watched the show a second time and somehow missed it while specifically looking for it.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 15, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doltos posted:

It seemed really premature, to be honest. The whole body-swapping thing technically worked, its just that the biology of a younger body hosed with how he perceived the world. Utilizing an older clone body (say, one in its 40s) would still theoretically alter his perception, but not to the degree as a teenage clone. So it should be a better "out" than simply dying, no?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

It seemed really premature, to be honest. The whole body-swapping thing technically worked, its just that the biology of a younger body hosed with how he perceived the world. Utilizing an older clone body (say, one in its 40s) would still theoretically alter his perception, but not to the degree as a teenage clone. So it should be a better "out" than simply dying, no?

Just because you're in an old man body now doesn't mean that there isn't pent up teenage aggression to get out still.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

Agreed, but maybe Rick has other, backup ideas to cover that kind of thing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Krinkle posted:

xyz ain't any country designation I ever heard of. They speak english in xyz?

they sold a bunch of domain extensions like, last year, now there's .bike and .birthday and .zone and .christmas and poo poo, it's not a country designation

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I'm not clicking that ridiculous link, ok? I've never heard of a webm file. If all of you say it's fine that's just what the russian trojans are making your account say.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krinkle posted:

I'm not clicking that ridiculous link, ok? I've never heard of a webm file. If all of you say it's fine that's just what the russian trojans are making your account say.

get your poo poo together, y'know. get it all together and put it in a backpack. all your poo poo. so it's together.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Krinkle posted:

You are straight out of an Onion editorial. :fsmug:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

New technology is horrifying guys, you don't understand, the Reds might still be out to get us.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Krinkle posted:

It's a video of the Cromulon from s02e05 saying "I like what you got, good job!" and flying away.

In fact if you have SA Needful it automatically embeds.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Is morty taller than he was in earlier episodes?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Was there a clean shot of the Jerry shirt worn by the smug Jerrys, that drawing looks amazing from a distance and should become an actual shirt for sale.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

A little late but does anyone else wish the thread title would get changed to AND THAT'S THE WAAAAAAY THE NEWS GOES ?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Philip Rivers posted:

A little late but does anyone else wish the thread title would get changed to AND THAT'S THE WAAAAAAY THE NEWS GOES ?

AIDS

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
LICK-LICK-LICK MY BALLS!!

YEAH, SAY THAT ALL THE TIME!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

GRASS... tastes bad.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
So how many separate instances has Rick directly or indirectly implied that he's ready for his own death or suicide?

S1:
- Pilot, passing out before detonating the bomb to wipe out the planet (?)
- Rick Potion #9 - though not really sure this counts since it wasn't really suicidal ideation, instead just going to a universe where he and Morty were already dead
- Raising Gazorpazorp, talking about being crushed by the giant rock, only for Summer to talk the female Gazorpians out of it
- Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind, where after the Mortys are freed he "lets" them murder him (though since he was being controlled by another Morty, again not sure if this qualifies)

S2:
- A Rickle in Time, falling through negative space (gently caress you, god! not today bitch!)
- Auto Erotic Assimilation, red crystal zap machine
- Total Rickall, screaming at Morty to "do it, motherfucker!" with Morty pointing the gun at his head

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but I feel like this is definitely an aspect of his character the series is going to continue to utilize. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into a cartoon.

Also, the next three episode titles:

Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate
Look Who's Purging Now
The Wedding Squanchers

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's also the translation of wubba lubba dub dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Are those the last three of the Season?

• Locked thread