Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

I dunno, becoming spokesman was child's play.

post of the loving year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Slayer's new Orange is the New Black music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjb0j9l1sz4

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 15, 2015

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

elite_garbage_man posted:

Slayer's new Orange is the New Black music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjb0j9l1sz4

:black101:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Casimir Radon posted:

I dunno, becoming spokesman was child's play.

no matter what jared does, he keep fitting into smaller and smaller pants

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

no matter what jared does, he keep fitting into smaller and smaller pants

:nsavince:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I missed car chat earlier but my caddy will pass just about everything on the road but a gas station. And comfortably, too. It's got a supercharged V8 in it from the factory and it just loving devours premium.

Also I sperg and have an app on my phone that will get me to gas stations that don't have ethanol in their gas, because IDGAF how wrong I am I still won't put distilled field corn in my goddamn Cadillac's gas tank.

Man the future is loving weird. Dr Huxtuble, Jello Pudding Pops, GM, 6-inch subway subs, and Bruce Jenner are all now associated with rape and/or vehicular manslaughter in the year of our lord twenty mother loving fifteen.

Good times.

Good times indeed.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Also :lol:

got dropped from my classes for non payment by the VA.

Except that the VA is totally willing to pay them, they just want to bill the VA out of state tuition, and insist that the VA won't pay them. HILARIOUSLY this isn't even really a problem either, as VR&E will pay out of state, and the VR&E counselor told them as much. The school still refused to bill them out of state tuition (Oh by the way I own a home just a few miles from Campus. I'm very much an in-state resident.) because they "know" it won't pay.. and they just drop me.

My VR&E counselor was almost apoplectic, which was funny, but it's less funny that yeah I'm not going to school this semester now. Nothing to be done about it either... Which.. I don't know, whatever.

Sometimes I'm kidding when I talk about praying for the cleansing fires of nuclear death to deliver us from this gay earth. Most of the time I'm not. I'm certainly not right now.

I really. Really. Really. REALLY hope Putin is announcing World War 3 at the UN soon, and that flesh is removed from bone at temperatures approaching the surface of the sun from the tip of everyones favorite loveable huggable megadeath inflicting friend, the intercontinental ballistic missile.

Ad Vestra Mortem
Ex Radialis Ignis
Sine Gloria
Pedicabo Omnes Iniusti

:peanut:At your Death:peanut:
:peanut:From Radioactive Fire:peanut:
:peanut:Without Glory:peanut:
:peanut:gently caress All Of Them:peanut:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Call the news. Seriously. A headline like "Money Grubbing University Denies Disabled Vet Education" would get them moving.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Call the news. Seriously. A headline like "Money Grubbing University Denies Disabled Vet Education" would get them moving.

And you'll probably get some right wing welfare.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Start a kickstarter and then call the news.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And you'll probably get some right wing welfare.

Better Shim than Kim Davis, at least.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Better Shim than Kim Davis, at least.

:agreed:

Also if anyone didn't know. ApplePay is pretty much the best.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Shim: You're not wrong about ethanol, but whether it's worth the increased "at pump" cost varies.

You school situation is hosed up. Is there a veterans affairs office or something?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Also :lol:

got dropped from my classes for non payment by the VA.

Except that the VA is totally willing to pay them, they just want to bill the VA out of state tuition, and insist that the VA won't pay them. HILARIOUSLY this isn't even really a problem either, as VR&E will pay out of state, and the VR&E counselor told them as much. The school still refused to bill them out of state tuition (Oh by the way I own a home just a few miles from Campus. I'm very much an in-state resident.) because they "know" it won't pay.. and they just drop me.

My VR&E counselor was almost apoplectic, which was funny, but it's less funny that yeah I'm not going to school this semester now. Nothing to be done about it either... Which.. I don't know, whatever.

Sometimes I'm kidding when I talk about praying for the cleansing fires of nuclear death to deliver us from this gay earth. Most of the time I'm not. I'm certainly not right now.

I really. Really. Really. REALLY hope Putin is announcing World War 3 at the UN soon, and that flesh is removed from bone at temperatures approaching the surface of the sun from the tip of everyones favorite loveable huggable megadeath inflicting friend, the intercontinental ballistic missile.

Ad Vestra Mortem
Ex Radialis Ignis
Sine Gloria
Pedicabo Omnes Iniusti

What shitpit for profit school is refusing to take your money? You should just continue attending the classes you're signed up for until they back down.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that they never sent you a bill, but dropped you for non-payment. Lmao.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Rhodes College isn't exactly ITT Tech.

It's not Haaaaaaaahvahd but for Memphrika Tennessee it's a pretty decent school. Doubt anyone would believe there's good schools here though so :shrug:.

More time to work on my new house,, and go on some more hikes. SpongeBob and I are headed to mammoth cave national park in KY once the ticks are dead- and Natchez Trace this fall as well.

Re: Raising hell on TV about this.

It took a year to get the VA to let me into VR&E and into a college that was somewhat decent after the last time I went Full Metal Shim on the Missouri director of VR&E and got myself.. Highlighted.. For lack of a better description. For being.. Me.

poo poo.. I had to move states after that.

I had to use the Hebrew side of my fam and our.. Relationship.. With one of this great states senators made it somewhat easier to get letters from his staff and unfuck that dogpile. But you can't slam that particular Pog slammer every time, or it's not gonna work when you really need it.

His people are my only real source of help if I need that kinda thing.. And I'm sure they'd help. But I'm saving that ace in the hole for when it's time to network for real big boy jobs in the security world. And showing up on the local news whining isn't how they want you doing business.

Even though, yeah, :lol:, they're GOP. Whatever, haters gonna hate. But the brothers in Red are good to me even though I'm not one of their Christian brothers. I'm not particularly political, but I can and do run around with a lot of republicans and that's just sorta what a lot of my family is in the business of- working with power wielding conservative political leaders in the Midwest and Midsouth. Those tend to be Republicans. Though not always.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Man, okay after reading that..

Maybe Hitler wasn't wrong about everything.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Man, okay after reading that..

Maybe Hitler wasn't wrong about anything.

What I'm really thinking.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I remember someone talking about some crazy interrogation technique that had some very specific requirements but I think if anyone can pull it off it's our pal Shim.

And if I can find... Aha!

Booblord Zagats posted:

There's an art to this that goes greatly under-appreciated. I learned it at work from my brother and one of our other guys who used to be an interrogator. You start very nice, very calm and even a little apologetic. Give them a soft spoken opportunity to fix the issue without any hassle at all, if/when it becomes clear they cannot ask to speak to someone over their head and explain, calmly, that you are very upset and the issue isn't their fault and you appreciate their help. They will go and get their boss.

When the boss comes, once more calmly explain the issue and ask for their assistance in fixing it, if/when they make it clear they won;t assist, go 0-60 on them, ramp up the aggressive wording and cantor in your voice, do not break eye contact and make sure you're looking down on them like you would a dog that just poo poo on the rug. When they show the first sign of nervousness or fear, open all the way up and get creative with your insults, keep your voice just under a shout as you make this person 100% aware that you hold them in lower regard than the little starving kids in Africa that make me laugh whenever they come on TV with a old white dude talking about running water. Make them feel sub-human because of their incompetence and lack or nerve, without letting them open their mouth without making them feel worse, and then when you feel you have gotten your point across, downshift right back to calm and kind.

It kinda requires you to be a little sociopathic to pull off, but with practice anyone can do it, it literally breaks people who aren't used to direct confrontation without doing anything that's not legal or even ethical, while pretty much making them terrified of letting you down.

I desperately want to see some footage of this happening to the Dean or whoever up the chain you can hook.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm just gonna work on this half acre back yard man. Lotsa growth to clear and mulch to lay. There's always next semester.

I'm not gonna lose my mind over this, or even get too upset. Gotta stay in that zen frame.

You see, the government pays me well, provides me great health insurance that's affordable, and let (forced) me retire (against my own retarded will) at a young age. And they don't make me pay income or property taxes. My wife and I don't have any kids yet, so the low 6 figures we reach goes really really really far in our very affordable city.

The last thing I'm gonna do is go and mess up my day getting angry and yelling at some school official. I'm only going to college because I'm bored and I like to throw the BAH at the most ridiculous of poo poo once or twice a year.

My life rules. The only man who can gently caress things up and make it not rule is me by doing stuff like going off the deep end about school.

It's all good. It's good to own land. It's good to have money, and it's good to not let others failings dictate your emotional state.

I choose to see this as a free semester off. I already make and have satisfactory income.. I don't NEED to be angry about this.

I gotta keep my perspective, ya know? This just can't be a big deal for me right now. Big picture. What I NEED is to start taking a hatchet to this backyard and clean the gutters later this week.

~*~Retired Life~*~

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
That's an extremely healthy outlook shim. I pray it takes you very far

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

quote:

Ad Vestra Mortem
Ex Radialis Ignis
Sine Gloria
Pedicabo Omnes Iniusti

:3:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Booblord Zagats posted:

That's an extremely healthy outlook shim. I pray it takes you very far

:420: helps man.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdKQ0I35qo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

I remember someone talking about some crazy interrogation technique that had some very specific requirements but I think if anyone can pull it off it's our pal Shim.

And if I can find... Aha!

I desperately want to see some footage of this happening to the Dean or whoever up the chain you can hook.

If you can work "Are you calling me a liar?!?" into this, it's like flipping a switch in their brain to send them into OH poo poo mode.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

If you can work "Are you calling me a liar?!?" into this, it's like flipping a switch in their brain to send them into OH poo poo mode.

Nah, what you're trying to do is keep them right on the edge of feeling like they have any control at all, it lets them ~feel~ like there's something THEY can do that will validate them. Going full in and spinning it right out of control will make them panic and full on panic always makes for really lovely outcomes either way. What you're trying to do is keep the whole "fight or flight" reflex from showing up, so they can make the decision you're forcing them to and feel like it was the best thing for them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

n4i what would I have to do to get you to abuse your mod powers to make this my avatar

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Just a guess here but probably anal?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Double anal, with one of those doubles being a broomstick.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TINY RICK!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
first blood AND masters of the universe on netflix

which to choose

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I haven't seen Masters of the Universe since it came out, and I thought it was awful even then. :stare: There goes my night.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's some idiot in my row at the library wearing a suit.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Casimir Radon posted:

There's some idiot in my row at the library wearing a suit.

keep livetweeting your boring college experience

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:stare:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

owned.gif

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

Word. Bay Area/Santa Cruz goons I will give you free weed. I run a compassion program strictly for veterans. Shoot me a pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Sheriff Jake posted:

Word. Bay Area/Santa Cruz goons I will give you free weed. I run a compassion program strictly for veterans. Shoot me a pm.

look at this honey pot

• Locked thread