Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Problem! I can't start the game. It's on the desktop, fully downloaded, but I click the butan, the splash screen comes up, then it drops back to the desktop with no explanation.

Also, hello old frens.

edit: ok got something figured out. The game didn't 100% load cause my ISP hosed up sometime during the day. It looked 100% and ready to go, but I checked it in the management screen and it was "100%" at 165mb.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

robotsinmyhead posted:

Problem! I can't start the game. It's on the desktop, fully downloaded, but I click the butan, the splash screen comes up, then it drops back to the desktop with no explanation.

Also, hello old frens.
Welcome back, head full of robots!!

Don't know what's wrong, just wanted to say Hi!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Do a hard restart of your xbox

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Laguna: Now with way more blowing sand and dust, and also cool new barriers to keep ya honest.

Not all that different, but still an improvement.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This is from Forza 5, but I've been using it as a baseline for Forza 6 and it's working pretty well.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst14462_Three-Minute-Tune.aspx

From there you will be able to find out what tweeks each of your cars needs. If you know your car is doing something (understeering, oversteering, swapping ends under braking, etc) but don't know how to fix it, post a question here and someone will help you. For the brakes, I'd say leave them at default or whatever you normally set them to. If you're used to default (50/100) and you set them to 40/110 it will gently caress you up, and won't make you faster even if you do figure out. Some people set their brake pressure high, some set it low. This setting is really just up to personal preference. Brake bias can help prevent a car's rear end hanging out from braking, or help turn in, but if you don't know how to set it, leaving it at 50 isn't the worst idea.

You don't even have to use the mod cards if you don't want to. I used them during the tutorial, and havent touched them since. I'll probably use the ones that gain extra experience and credits when I do some of the endurance races though.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WienerDog posted:

Spa, 'Ring, leMans, Brands Hatch, Sebring, Silverstone.
There might be another one, but there is more then four. Not Mount Panorama though.
Turn 10 were pushing night racing and wet racing big time, both at E3 and every trailer. Just having it on select tracks sucks big time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

Laguna: Now with way more blowing sand and dust, and also cool new barriers to keep ya honest.

Not all that different, but still an improvement.

Barriers to keep ya honest is the new sticky grass for Forza 6 :).

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Barriers to keep ya honest is the new sticky grass for Forza 6 :).
Sticky grass was worse. Come one, tell me I'm wrong. At least now you can see where not to cut the course.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The white line at the side of the track?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Hey man, two inches of my tire were still inside. Just using ALL the track, man.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

How come only certain tracks have rain? I really wanted a wet corkscrew.

That sounds like a sex act.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

Hey man, two inches of my tire were still inside. Just using ALL the track, man.

This but unironically. If you keep 2 tires inside the white line, you're in the clear. The problem is in video games there is no organizer to complain to if someone cheats, so people dont bother to follow the white lines.

Bottoming out on a rumble strip will break the poo poo out of your car in real life, too. Nothing makes you less popular than busting an oil pan and dragging oil on track for 100 feet before you notice you dont have oil pressure anymore.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You Am I posted:

Turn 10 were pushing night racing and wet racing big time, both at E3 and every trailer. Just having it on select tracks sucks big time.

it's even worse, because now that there is only those specific tracks, when those tracks come up in the career they're almost always night or wet.

COME ON!

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 16, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
A couple days ago in a lobby full of goons, I mentioned I was excited about the new Alfa Romeo Giulia. I was greeted with a bored and disinterested, "Why?"

That hasn't sat right with me these past few days, so here are a couple reasons.

THE SOUND!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttktBQHOndg (you can skip to 34 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVLYEArftes

And it turns out it's gonna be REAL FAST

It looks like this:

And it's an Alfa Romeo! An unreliable Italian super-sedan! When the first ones start coming off lease, I'll be prepared to sell whatever collection of cars I own at the time and buy one, and also a $2k civic or something for reliable transportation.

I can't remember who said that, but the only other thing I can remember in the same ballpark was when another goon asked, in FM4 about the e30 M3, why we were all in love with a boring, 90's boxy economy car. He didn't know what an M3 was. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being this same person. The Giulia is EXACTLY the kind of car people in this thread are supposed to love!

/ :spergin:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
It was me and i'm just weird and dont learn to not share my lovely opinions.

Over 3000 pounds, no third pedal, and it makes you look like you've done well in life. I have a personal distaste for comfort and prestige. Maybe if it was a kia or something i'd lust after it more. More power to you and i hope you get one and enjoy the hell out of it.

edit: as it turns out it is offered with a manual, but i dont expect many will opt for it. Kudos to them, but the 4C is the alfa i lust after. No power steering :fap:

edit 2: actually you were talking about a fm4 goon. i think we discussed it this week in forza 6

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 16, 2015

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

You Am I posted:

I feel they will continue to add night and rain variants as time goes on, like they did with Forza 5 and the extra few tracks it got over its lifetime.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Hey everyone, look at MattD1zzl3 preach about sportsmanship in auto racing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

MattD1zzl3 posted:

edit: as it turns out it is offered with a manual, but i dont expect many will opt for it. Kudos to them, but the 4C is the alfa i lust after. No power steering :fap:

Just saw this guy.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

edit 2: actually you were talking about a fm4 goon. i think we discussed it this week in forza 6
The Alfa we talked about this week in 6, yeah. I agree about the 4C, but I wouldnt want anything smaller that my MCoupe.

And the M3 was in FM4, yeah, different person.

edit

Ether Frenzy posted:

Just saw this guy.
Sup carbon leather dash buddy. Carbon leather dash best dash.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I don't know if I'm supposed to like that or not, but I do. I do.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Just saw this guy.

You should upgrade to a Miata imo

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Kudos to them, but the 4C is the alfa i lust after. No power steering ::fap

The 4C doesn't come with a manual either.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sup guys

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

Classic ethanol post.

This is a man who's willing to suffer. I respect this.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It was me and i'm just weird and dont learn to not share my lovely opinions.

Over 3000 pounds, no third pedal, and it makes you look like you've done well in life. I have a personal distaste for comfort and prestige. Maybe if it was a kia or something i'd lust after it more. More power to you and i hope you get one and enjoy the hell out of it.

You'd get along well with this chick: http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/13713677.Joys_of_pootling_along_in_the_car/

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ethanol posted:

No lie, I decided yesterday that I need to make BCRock buy matching beater Miatas with me to drive in the upcoming EL NINO DORIFTU FESTIVAL plus then we'll be also be able to participate in "No no no no, the auxillary radiator hose for the NC bends like THIS whereas on the the NB it bends like THAT" chat during racing

:hf: Truth

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
A special ring in hell exists just for her.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Ether Frenzy posted:

No lie, I decided yesterday that I need to make BCRock buy matching beater Miatas with me to drive in the upcoming EL NINO DORIFTU FESTIVAL plus then we'll be also be able to participate in "No no no no, the auxillary radiator hose for the NC bends like THIS whereas on the the NB it bends like THAT" chat during racing

You also suggested I buy $1200 worth of Fanatec racing wheel paraphernalia. At this rate I'm going to have to break down and go back to work.

I've just gotten to the point in the career where whichever series I've picked has a max PI of 750, which is dumb because it's not at the top of a class, so the upgrades/tune for this car ends up being useless outside of these specific races.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The lap count for the s class lobbies is all over the place! You'll fet 3 laps on a Daytona course then get 6 laps in a short batch hat track. Then get 2 LAPS around nurburgring or 3 laps on spa.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 16, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The only part of this game that isn't awesome so far is the fact that you can't change the loving clutch button until you finish the first race. It's gorgeous.

Also, somehow I won the Veyron and 1,000,000 credits on my first and second driver level reward spins.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

change the clutch button? you literally don't even have to brake let alone shift in the first race........... it's only like 2 minutes long though

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

my controller has developed a really loud rattle whenever the right trigger is rumbling.

build quality this gen is absolutely loving terrible. i have a 360 controller that's been worn smooth from 6+ years of heavy use.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

The 4C doesn't come with a manual either.

drat, too bad. I thought i was going to buy one someday.

Comrade Flynn posted:

You'd get along well with this chick: http://www.heraldscotland.com/opini...ong_in_the_car/

I actually dont break the speed limit that often at all. "Its more fun to drive a slow car fast..." and all that.

Italian marques? Carbon dashes? Cute, but time for an upgrade:

(i thought that was a nice spot, before i noticed the garbage cups on the ground. drat you redneck fishermen)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 16, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
You have a Lotus badge on your ugly Miata.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

ethanol posted:

change the clutch button? you literally don't even have to brake let alone shift in the first race........... it's only like 2 minutes long though

Not the Rio one, the first of those three "qualifying" races. The settings menu doesn't become available for some reason until after the first race.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

You have a Lotus badge on your ugly Miata.

Close:

If i could do it again, i'd get the black and silver version, the knockoff of the jim clark death tribute 1968 elans.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 16, 2015

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Excuse the lovely pic, but there was no way to lose this spin!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

two_beer_bishes posted:

Excuse the lovely pic, but there was no way to lose this spin!

lmao

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
You're all wrong. The worst part is actually that you have to finish in the top 3 to progress in career mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SmokeyXIII posted:

You're all wrong. The worst part is actually that you have to finish in the top 3 to progress in career mode.

Like just about every other racing game in existence? Could go back to older style games where it's win or lose?

• Locked thread