Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Circumcision is a bizarre cultural artifact that seems to mostly be prevalent in the US thanks to inertia. It's medically unnecessary and causes pointless harm to newborns. Its general secular practice amounts to "just because" and should be stopped.

But sex still feels awesome, and I think Frankendick surgery or hanging weights off your tackle with fish hooks is loving hilarious, so maybe it's a wash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

IronicDongz posted:

yeah as a professional fan of dicks myself I can't really fathom having such strong opinions wrt cut/uncut status

for a specific type of person it seems to become a fixation to the point where it makes up a lot of their identity

With that user name I refuse to believe you're an actual connoisseur of dongs :colbert:

Waffleman_ posted:

I think for some people there's an undercurrent of antisemitism to it, at least I've seen some of it.

For me it's more of a tool for anti-feminism and MRA bullshit.

"You know, being a woman is difficult and there's the thing with the pay gap and-"

"NO SHUT UP YOUR STUPID WHORE. WHAT ABOUT MY FORESKIN HUH? FEMALE CIRCUMCISION IS WRONG SO WHY DO THEY DO IT TO MEN?"

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I think there's also a dash of "Everything in my life is terrible because I was circumcised" with the added bonus of then being able to blame everything on their parents. Terrible sex life? Dead-end job? Depressed? It's your parent's fault for chopping your foreskin off!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Plague of Hats posted:

Circumcision is a bizarre cultural artifact that seems to mostly be prevalent in the US thanks to inertia. It's medically unnecessary and causes pointless harm to newborns. Its general secular practice amounts to "just because" and should be stopped.

But sex still feels awesome, and I think Frankendick surgery or hanging weights off your tackle with fish hooks is loving hilarious, so maybe it's a wash?

Would you wear a prosthetic foreskin

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Improbable Lobster posted:

Would you wear a prosthetic foreskin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8znvfYbow

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Waffleman_ posted:

I think for some people there's an undercurrent of antisemitism to it, at least I've seen some of it.
I've not really seen that but tbqh I would not be surprised to eventually see an episode revolving around internet nazis who are mad that the jews stole away all the uncut dicks

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Holy hell I don't think I'd ever noticed that the pokemon name argument went beyond one page. :eyepop:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wandering Knitter posted:

I think there's also a dash of "Everything in my life is terrible because I was circumcised" with the added bonus of then being able to blame everything on their parents. Terrible sex life? Dead-end job? Depressed? It's your parent's fault for chopping your foreskin off!

It's this, they blame all their failings on being cut, especially sexual failings. If they can't get a girl? It's because they're cut and no girl wants a disgusting mushroom donger. They get a girl but the sex is bad? Did you read this study saying I've lost this many nerve endings (when I was a baby, I'm now a grown rear end man who's had time to 'recover') it must be because of that! They get a girl, have a perfectly fine sex life, but have self-esteem issues? I'd never feel this way if my dick had a hoodie!

It's that and a great way for them to minimize women's issues. My favorite is them being mad at female genital mutilation, you know, fuckin removing the clit (and I think some more bits? They gently caress the vagina right up, is my point here) to ensure that women get as little pleasure from sex as possible because their job is to spit babies out not enjoy getting hosed? Yea did you know that's EXACTLY like male circumcision and unless these so called 'activists' care exactly as much (probably more, really, you know to make up the gap) about that they don't have to acknowledge FGM as an issue.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I have no idea where you get that idea.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I never knew that Lou could count periods so fast. The man is a font of hidden talent.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 15, 2015

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

quote:

Dudeskull is a LAME name. it may be a good name for a gangster but not for a pokemon!

Is this the same guy that thought "Dr. Dickstab" sounded like a good gangster name?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
New episode is up. Thank Mr. Skeltal in advance.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Yo, F Plus Live is now a 2-Day event! Drinking and karaoke for day one, terrible things being read for day two.

Woulda updated the poster if I knew!

e: Nevermind. New poster incoming!

pulp rag fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 15, 2015

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Boots/Frank West/Adam Bozarth/Chris Collision

:smileyfreakingthefuckout:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Spoopy episodes are the best. So excited for this

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Steve did a good job with the readings this podcast

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This starts out with communicating with a grandpa through Netflix. This is PROMISING.

Oh my god, the Steve guy. All I can think of is that MST3K episode Night of the Blood Beast where everyone seemed to be named Steve.

PS: The guy who wanted to ask his grandma to haunt him? I am pretty sure that's literally a scene from Caligula. Except it wasn't a grandma.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 16, 2015

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Oh man, those choices. :allears:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

On the latest IDEOTV, Jay revealed his F Plus subject: adult thumb suckers

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Also, the new IDEOTV covers Flowers in the Attic! It features something that The F Plus has touched on but never gone all-in on: incest!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
All right, I've heard I don't know how many episodes of the bad book podcast with the long name, and I still have no clue what the first line of the dramatic readings jingle is.

"Dramatic readin's! Rumble make it sound a coil!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Same, I've listened to al of their episodes, and I have no idea what that jingle says.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's "we're gonna make it sound important". Are your ears broken?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Sham bam bamina! posted:

All right, I've heard I don't know how many episodes of the bad book podcast with the long name, and I still have no clue what the first line of the dramatic readings jingle is.

"Dramatic readin's! Rumble make it sound a coil!"

we're gonna make it sound important

e:^:hfive:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Huh, my best guess was "We're gonna make a sounding party" which would be quite F+ish, but not in the "literary podcast" territory.

My defense is that I'm not a native speaker.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh, now I hear it. Thanks.

My ears aren't broken, but he really doesn't enunciate much at all there.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

There's no need to be a loving rear end in a top hat about it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sorry. I was in a foul mood when I posted that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought it was "we're all making sound recordings" which was followed up with the line "yeah we got some words for you"

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DoctorWhat posted:

Mine are. Real life doesn't sound real enough! WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING SOUND AS GOOD AS MY SOUND SYSTEM!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Mine are. Real life doesn't sound real enough! WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING SOUND AS GOOD AS MY SOUND SYSTEM!
And I could use some eyes that see as if a human's eyes are given an HD conversion.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
HOW can you be detached from the 3d world while your 3d hand is stroking your 3d penis?

Simple, flatten them both with Flat Fetish!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
God, I actually read Flowers in the Attic and it's sequel (Petals on the Wind) in High School. And the sequel is filled with even more incest and rape than the first! But don't worry, it ends with the brother and sister deciding to live happily ever after as a married couple. :barf:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wandering Knitter posted:

God, I actually read Flowers in the Attic and it's sequel (Petals on the Wind) in High School. And the sequel is filled with even more incest and rape than the first! But don't worry, it ends with the brother and sister deciding to live happily ever after as a married couple. :barf:

Yea I'm shocked (but can't blame them) that they didn't even google Petals because holy poo poo it literally ends with 'and I married my brother WHAT OF IT SOCIETY'

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I'm shocked (but can't blame them) that they didn't even google Petals because holy poo poo it literally ends with 'and I married my brother WHAT OF IT SOCIETY'

Well after she gave birth to her second kid she became sterile so it's okay! :downs:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
The part of the latest Lou Reads where they talk about odour was the worst. I was hoping the response from other members would be "Yeah wash your dick you idiot," but no. Jesus. I don't live in a place where circumcision is common and the idea of smelling another man's foreskin juices is deeply unpleasant. Deeply unpleasant.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

AtomD posted:

The part of the latest Lou Reads where they talk about odour was the worst. I was hoping the response from other members would be "Yeah wash your dick you idiot," but no. Jesus. I don't live in a place where circumcision is common and the idea of smelling another man's foreskin juices is deeply unpleasant. Deeply unpleasant.
What are you talking about? Cleaning your dick is unnatural, just like washing your armpits, brushing your teeth, and wiping your rear end. Bacteria aren't "bad" just because society arbitrarily says so!

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 19, 2015

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

AtomD posted:

Seriously I had the same reaction. "Dude if someone can smell your dick through your clothing you should wash that poo poo because don't no-one want to smell that dick. This doesn't have poo poo to do with you being cut, it has everything to do with you being a gross dude."

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

TetsuoTW posted:

Seriously I had the same reaction. "Dude if someone can smell your dick through your clothing you should wash that poo poo because don't no-one want to smell that dick. This doesn't have poo poo to do with you being cut, it has everything to do with you being a gross dude."

Hey man, you can't tell me not to wear revealing outfits, I didn't buy these V-neck pants for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I only do the bare minimum to run with Del the Funky Homosapien. He never told me to wash my dick.