Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Do the Senran kagura characters count as nintendo? Because their new game just came out today on a nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
wheres my wii u tittyninja game with boob poking on the gamepad

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Awesome! posted:

the front door of their hq building

Wa-heeyyy now! :pervert:

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is one. But only if you bought the Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition on the Wii :v:.

I looked up scans of it (which are on the German Mario Wiki, oddly enough) and it's not that at all. While a picture of a pile of the docs is on a 2 page spread, they are not laid out in a readable fashion. I want high res scans of every ounce of paperwork that game generated, dammit.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Taint Reaper posted:

It was down to 15 dollars when they did more printings so the market was flooded so they could be has for as low as 15 bucks, but now they're up to 90 again.

None of this information is helpful, Taint Reaper.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Excels posted:

ah, the sequel to that japanese ds game where you "inspect" the witches

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

I don't know why, but I think Shibata and ZUN should drink together sometime.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Excels posted:

Pointless without 3D.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Motto posted:

how is that a "just"? whether or not something makes money is the main factor that decides whether a project is worth it. and at this point M3 has a localization that's just as good as one that the Treehouse could put out, so I don't get the point of complaining about it in 2015 when they're bringing over weird stuff like #FE with no hesitation.

I imagine #FE's coming over because they have actual sales data that shows that there is a sizable market for both SMT and FE overseas. Nintendo probably gave so many $30 credits to people for owning FE13 and SMT4 that they thought a crossover would be a brilliant idea so they announced it as soon as the name hit planning papers.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Fix posted:

Evidently, Nintendo has confirmed that Nintendo Direct will still go on.

It's always been obvious that they could continue to do Directs if they wanted to. I mean, hasn't anyone seen Weekend at Bernie's?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Polo-Rican posted:

It's always been obvious that they could continue to do Directs if they wanted to. I mean, hasn't anyone seen Weekend at Bernie's?

I think seeing Iwata's body lurching across the room would cause more nightmares than laughs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

RadicalR posted:

I think seeing Iwata's body lurching across the room would cause more nightmares than laughs.

It would be like a puppet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope the next direct is just a well produced biography of Iwata and tribute.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

greatn posted:

The best tribute to Iwata they could make is a new version of Balloon Fight with online multiplayer. Team battles and free for alls with at least 8 players. Amiibo support can be similar to Mario Maker in that it unlocks character skins.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zonekeeper posted:

The best tribute to Iwata they could make is a new version of Balloon Fight with online multiplayer. Team battles and free for alls with at least 8 players. Amiibo support can be similar to Mario Maker in that it unlocks character skins.

I should hope that nobody considers a knockoff of Joust to be the man's magnum opus.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

greatn posted:

i hope the next direct is for smash bros and that they reveal something about the poll

some hard data would silence millions of internet slapfights about who is "winning" at the suggestion box

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Zonekeeper posted:

I would unironically love for Balloon Fight to become a serious e-sport game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Excels posted:

i hope the next direct is for smash bros and that they reveal something about the poll

some hard data would silence millions of internet slapfights about who is "winning" at the suggestion box

"well the smash ballot seemed like a good idea at the time but we learned the internet has very poor taste so here's Big Boss + Professor Layton instead"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

"well the smash ballot seemed like a good idea at the time but we learned the internet has very poor taste so here's Big Boss + Professor Layton instead"

god, if only.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well we promised and the people voted, here is king Harkanian from The legend of Zelda Wand of Gamelon.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

raditts posted:

I should hope that nobody considers a knockoff of Joust to be the man's magnum opus.

While he did work with the Kirby, Earthbound, and Pokemon series, those belong to Sakurai, Itoi, and Tajiri respectively. It's the one game he did on his own.

I guess it's a testament to the man's philosophy that he pretty much existed to help others rather than doing his own thing. His entire claim to fame was being a programmer you could bring into someone else's project to improve it greatly.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also Balloon Fight is superior to Joust in every conceivable way. And has Balloon Trip.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I honestly doubt that the smash vote will be most votes -> make this dude. Probably they're looking for someone who gets a lot of votes and is a good idea. You know, in case Tina Belcher or some poo poo wins.

But if, say, Swapnote Nikki gets a decent enough percentage and Nintendo thinks her final smash of slashing everyone with a million swap notes is funny, she could get in over someone who got more votes but is a dumbass idea, like Chrom. (Or King K. Rool. Why are we all obsessed with him? Dixie is a better choice if you're going to demand DK characters in smash.)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

I guess it's a testament to the man's philosophy that he pretty much existed to help others rather than doing his own thing. His entire claim to fame was being a programmer you could bring into someone else's project to improve it greatly.

Yeah, they had to split that task into "Technology Fellow" and "Creative Fellow" so that devs would still have Advice Guys to go to, since Iwata seemed to be everyone's advisor within the company

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

actually they should put Chrom in Smash

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kaubocks posted:

actually they should put Chrom in Smash

sakurai hears your wishes

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Raserys posted:

"Thank you Sakurai. This is exactly what I wanted."

- Sakurai, to himself in a mirror.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Excels posted:

"Thank you Sakurai. This is exactly what I wanted."

- Sakurai, to himself in a mirror.

Sakurai walls away from mirror, but his image still resides within. Minutes pass.

Mirror Sakurai: You're welcome.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Raserys posted:

hell yeah

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
goku or bust

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

PRADA SLUT posted:

goku or bust

Why not both?

:downsrim:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

After careful consideration, I've decided that since the end boss of Tropical Freeze is shrouded in shadow in the intro cinematic, it would've been way better if when you finally reached him he's dramatically revealed to be K. Rool, this time as a Viking warlord.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

After careful consideration, I've decided that since the end boss of Tropical Freeze is shrouded in shadow in the intro cinematic, it would've been way better if when you finally reached him he's dramatically revealed to be K. Rool, this time as a Viking warlord.

they said in interviews and stuff that they specifically wanted to break away from kremlings and create their own enemies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

K. Rool is dead. Donkey Kong murdered him. His corpse is decaying in the ocean.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Untrue. He was in Mario Sluggers. However after that he was killed and skinned by Big Boss, eventually sold as a Mii costume.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

he was a giant dork and I'm glad he's dead

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Does Mario Maker include Toad sounds I can use in my levels? This is important

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

K Rool went home and became a family man.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Editors note: K Rool died on the way to his home planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
K.Rool is going to win the polls and everything will be fine.

• Locked thread