Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
okay wow in practice the level 3 stun arm is broken as gently caress, it hits everyone in a huge radius around you and completely lays them out. I ran straight into one of the bases in Afghanistan and dropped like 15 guys in one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fabricated posted:

okay wow in practice the level 3 stun arm is broken as gently caress, it hits everyone in a huge radius around you and completely lays them out. I ran straight into one of the bases in Afghanistan and dropped like 15 guys in one shot.

looking forward to it; I kept forgetting to equip it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But i would have to take off my gold arm.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

played some destiny last night. since ive never really played before im opting not to use the level boost the game came with, so right now im level 9 and at the moon. i ran a level 8 strike with some pubs and had a good time, except when we hit a damage sponge enemy that took a solid ten minutes to kill. also i played some crucible and was bad at it but got a few kills so that was nice

looking forward to playing more tonight

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also for some reason destiny legendary edition is just a disc with the original version of destiny and a code for the dlc, lmao

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

http://pridefestgame.com

:quig:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
please tell me more about your MMO gaming sesh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

at the date posted:

please tell me more about your MMO gaming sesh

it was good!

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
city disasters include a shortage of fishnet tops

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
instead of godzilla attacking the city, it's a giant sharon needles

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

note that the screenshot has protestors with signs like "i hate colors", lmao

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Notorious QIG posted:

note that the screenshot has protestors with signs like "i hate colors", lmao

Space-Pope posted:

city disasters include a shortage of fishnet tops

rainbow hair dye reserves are running dangerously low, Xer. Mayor

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Internaut! posted:

rainbow hair dye reserves are running dangerously low, Xer. Mayor

i think you'll find the preferred honorific is "Mx."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-10222287.html

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Notorious QIG posted:

played some destiny last night. since ive never really played before im opting not to use the level boost the game came with, so right now im level 9 and at the moon. i ran a level 8 strike with some pubs and had a good time, except when we hit a damage sponge enemy that took a solid ten minutes to kill. also i played some crucible and was bad at it but got a few kills so that was nice

nice! :)

i saw you on when i got back home

this game just doesnt stop throwing out things for you to do. i beat the main story mission and suddenly a bunch more quests and things to do popped up, they are MUCH better at driving players to do things instead of asking people online "now what"

quests for strikes, patrols and hunting monsters, driving around and tons of other poo poo to collect

the cool thing is that the steady progression of gear that goes with all this - before it was just grinding crap over and over. here you do the quests and get more and more powerful gear. i am positive i will get quests telling me to do heroic strikes and nightfalls.

and with all the amazing encounters theyve designed - seriously the bosses are loving way more involved then the old bullet sponge bullshit - i cannot wait to see what the raid holds for players

the Vault of Glass was heralded as some of the best content in the game and theyve expanded that greatness to the entire game

also Knuc, i guess tvs are fine for pc gaming but dont things look a bit off since the pixel density is way larger or something? :3: i know spergy as gently caress but....

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
played the expansion for pretty much all of yesterday and only stopped because I had to go to sleep

they added a LOT

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I have a wireless hdmi PC -> TV thing setup and I thought I'd game on the couch a lot more than I actually do. Probably because I really need a mouse+kb for most things I play on the PC and I never found a comfortable couch setup for them.

Mostly I just use with xbmc/kodi

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Space-Pope posted:

7D8D-0000-003E-D11A

i'm proud of it, and don't think it's too hard :)

it feels like a real mario level, i like it!

there are a couple of issues with the dual path about midway through - on the bottom path, it's really hard for Super Mario to squeeze in between the cannons

the top path finishes with a blind jump with no indication as to where it's safe to go down

and the game kind of funnels you to the top path (which i guess is supposed to be the secondary one because it has the 1up mushroom?) so that the player never wants to go down

the risk/reward of going for the star at the end is nice~

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Panty Saluter posted:

shattered memories? i keep meaning to play that too

you should it owns

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

if that's the devils lair the tank is obnoxious

you can shoot the laser gun off the top, and you should shoot the armor on a leg until it pops off- which makes the tank shut down for a minute and open up a big red spot that takes tons of damage when shot

hp sponge bosses are kinda the norm for destiny unfortunately which is why hilariously broken exotics like Gjallerhorn and such were so popular

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

if that's the devils lair the tank is obnoxious

you can shoot the laser gun off the top, and you should shoot the armor on a leg until it pops off- which makes the tank shut down for a minute and open up a big red spot that takes tons of damage when shot

hp sponge bosses are kinda the norm for destiny unfortunately which is why hilariously broken exotics like Gjallerhorn and such were so popular

i figured that out, but it seriously took us at least 10 minutes to bring that fucker down. it only went down when i hit the weak point with my super

the fact that the actual boss of that strike was easier than a midpoint enemy is p hosed imo

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I bought taken king because I make bad decisions

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

if any of you clowns decide you want to play crucible with me or run strikes or w/e and see im online dont hesitate to message me. i like playing with other people i just dont often initiate (mlm sex life)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

if any of you clowns decide you want to play crucible with me or run strikes or w/e and see im online dont hesitate to message me. i like playing with other people i just dont often initiate (mlm sex life)

same my group is always open to friends so feel free if you see me

also theres fireteam only patrol missions now?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the tank gets way easier as a) you get better gear and b) you advance enough to get matched with more experienced players who know what they're doing

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

also theres fireteam only patrol missions now?

eh not really. there are public events that are near-impossible to solo (at least for now when the dynamics haven't been closely studied by reddit spergs yet) but if you go in alone chances are there are a bunch of pubbies hanging around waiting for the same thing and it'll get done

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

the tank gets way easier as a) you get better gear and b) you advance enough to get matched with more experienced players who know what they're doing

yeah i figured as much. i was running mainly commons that i grabbed during the demo/the first story mission on the moon, i got a lot of rares on that strike that would probably make additional runs easier

not sure im gonna bother with additional runs though tbh, since im already above the recommended level and have more poo poo to do on the moon

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Notorious QIG posted:

while i dont have taken king, i do play crucible from time to time so hit me up if you see me on

psn: kuvosa

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah i figured as much. i was running mainly commons that i grabbed during the demo/the first story mission on the moon, i got a lot of rares on that strike that would probably make additional runs easier

not sure im gonna bother with additional runs though tbh, since im already above the recommended level and have more poo poo to do on the moon
one run is good enough while leveling

my favorite thing to do is basically just drunk strike playlists with friends and drunk nightfalls/weekly heroics

i almost never have a full raid group with friends so we had to do all of the cheesy/scammy stuff which requires more coordination/concentration than i care to give three sheets to the wind

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

one run is good enough while leveling

my favorite thing to do is basically just drunk strike playlists with friends and drunk nightfalls/weekly heroics

i almost never have a full raid group with friends so we had to do all of the cheesy/scammy stuff which requires more coordination/concentration than i care to give three sheets to the wind

yeah i figured. i have something that lets me autolevel to 25, i guess because legendary edition, but im not gonna do it because ive never played the game before and it feels stupid to autolevel over the original game's content

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

once everyone is appropriately geared i hope we can do some mainly yospos raids and strike stuff :)

esp. for those bounties that are fireteams of 2+ for pvp

edit:

the warlock palpatine class is loving amazing too, it just decimates groups of enemies as you zap em and it chains around, bosses arent too bad as you can circle strafe and they removed a lot of the "dont get close or the boss kills you" things (because they have swords now)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

my destiny friends are playing mgsv/ffxiv now so im not in too much of a hurry but ill bring my purple robot lady along with you guys soon :D

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the autolevel thing seems to be meant to bring up a neglected alt to the point that it can play the expansion content immediately

strike playlist will give you a huge torrent of loot, most of which isn't endgame viable but it's a great source of materials

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

you should it owns

yea shattered memories is some fantastic poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the one drawback with the boost is that it doesnt level up the class youre playing, you would need to go back and do the missions anyways so you arent a total gimp in the new content

:bungie: this emote exists for a reason as with certain things its 1 step forward, 2 steps back

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Pinterest Mom posted:

it feels like a real mario level, i like it!

there are a couple of issues with the dual path about midway through - on the bottom path, it's really hard for Super Mario to squeeze in between the cannons

the top path finishes with a blind jump with no indication as to where it's safe to go down

and the game kind of funnels you to the top path (which i guess is supposed to be the secondary one because it has the 1up mushroom?) so that the player never wants to go down

the risk/reward of going for the star at the end is nice~
thanks!

so if i were to change it (which i will probably do tonight), it would be to reduce the number of cannons and traps on the lower path, and maybe increase the difficulty along the top path, while incentivizing the player to take the bottom path with like coins or question blocks

lol the psychology of mario levels

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
and prolly throw in some custom sound effects of me farting

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Space-Pope posted:

and prolly throw in some custom sound effects of me farting

custom sound effects dont get uploaded

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008