Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've spent the last few days designing mario maker levels in excel so I can go home and build them after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

I've spent the last few days designing mario maker levels in excel so I can go home and build them after work.

I saw a commercial for it and it looks really awesome.

It makes me want to buy a wii u

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
also I saw this and it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pX1YiT6UdA

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Look Under The Rock posted:

Everyone pyf grandma story as a tribute to DBD's grandma

My grandma on my dad's side immigrated from Cuba after the revolution and only learned a little bit of English. Once, during a big family trip to Victoria, BC there were like three giant variations of lumberjack breakfasts being offered at a restaurant, and when she ordered her response to "Okay, would you like the sausage, bacon, or ham plate?" she just said a big smiling "yes" a couple of times. After clarifying it's what she meant, she got three different full lumberjack breakfasts and happily ate them all. I was like a toddler when this happened, but everyone on my dad's side of the family loves that story.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 27, 2020

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 27, 2020

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
whoever said to watch vikings yay you (fv?) i watched the first season and it is boss

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Both the WiiU and 3DS are well worth the purchase if you like Nintendo games at all.

Super Mario Maker is a great game to come back to after a long day at work and just play random levels people made for a half hour.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

DuckHuntDog posted:

Both the WiiU and 3DS are well worth the purchase if you like Nintendo games at all.

Super Mario Maker is a great game to come back to after a long day at work and just play random levels people made for a half hour.

My rule is if there are 5 games on a console you really really want to play, think about buying it. I think a 2DS (you don't really need the 3D, or the new 3DS) is a much lower-risk purchase though. Mario Maker is the only game I think the Wii U provides a uniquely good experience for.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Mario Maker is the only game I think the Wii U provides a uniquely good experience for.

:colbert:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I mean like the gamepad. I can't think of another good game on Wii US that couldn't have been done on Gamecube.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Mario Maker is the only game I think the Wii U provides a uniquely good experience for.

Let me talk to you about a little game called Splatoon

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Let me talk to you about a little game called Splatoon

BottleKnight posted:

I mean like the gamepad. I can't think of another good game on Wii US that couldn't have been done on Gamecube.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

k...kirby

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The motion controls the gampad adds to splatoon make it awesome though. Kirby Rainbow Curse anddd uh...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BotteKnight with some bad opinions itt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Are you kidding me? The motion controls in Splatoon are trash.

Haven't played Kirby tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Are you kidding me? The motion controls in Splatoon are trash.

This is probably the most incorrect thing I've heard anyone say in a long time. Enjoy being a scrub forever. :frogout:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Splatoon's motion controls are amazing.

Also so is Mario Maker. I've made ten levels and have almost fifty stars! It's so fun!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

This is probably the most incorrect thing I've heard anyone say in a long time. Enjoy being a scrub forever. :frogout:

Enjoy your kindergarten imprecise controls that will hold you back forever! You've dropped the hammer Kashuno!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'll be able to afford a wii u with mario maker in a few months after the fervor has died down and the next big thing will be out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

I'll be able to afford a wii u with mario maker in a few months after the fervor has died down and the next big thing will be out.

nintendo never price drops

but yeah the next big thing will be xenoblade and it will be ballin'

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

Enjoy your kindergarten imprecise controls that will hold you back forever! You've dropped the hammer Kashuno!

The non-motion controls are so slow...

Play and star my Mario levels, bottleknight!!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

nintendo never price drops

but yeah the next big thing will be xenoblade and it will be ballin'

No I know, but thats how long it'll take me to save it up, maybe longer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The motion controls aren't imprecise :gitgud:

Xenoblade X is going to loving own and I can't wait.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Little Mac posted:

The non-motion controls are so slow...

Play and star my Mario levels, bottleknight!!!

Can I just search them out on miiverse or can I find them in-game? Not sure.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

the only way to find friends' stages is through miiverse, there's no in-game way

because nintendo

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Pinterest Mom posted:

the only way to find friends' stages is through miiverse, there's no in-game way

because nintendo

I'm pretty sure the fine people at nintendo are still pretty sure the internet is just a fad, as they weren't the ones who invented it. So they use it, but don't want it to be integral to their games, because it could disappear at any time.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

because nintendo

I played my friends levels in game no problem without going to miiverse? Just get a code from him, type it in in game, and you can find all of them

E: I realize what you're saying now never mind, ignore me!

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 16, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mithross posted:

I'm pretty sure the fine people at nintendo are still pretty sure the internet is just a fad

I believe this too with the kind of sincerity and faith that in previous lifetimes would make someone a martyr.

way ahead of you, boss!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

http://gamesplusone.com/gmm/index.php?by=60

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll be checking out your stuff tonight Little Mac.

http://gamesplusone.com/gmm/index.php?by=93

e; you made a plains of passage map I don't even have to play it and I know it's going to be amazing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm poor so the last game I played was Pong Doubles from 1973. What is a 'sprite'?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm poor so I play free to play games like Dota2.

Oh look, Valve released another hat!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Asiina, will you play funfia 2 if i make it vanilla?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I just need three more players for Planescape Mafia. Come and play it!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I think I'm at my game limit right now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay posted:

I am all over that poo poo no matter when you start it. funfia was fun as hell

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish there was a game queue system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

whoever said to watch vikings yay you (fv?) i watched the first season and it is boss

Yes it is.