Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Buffalo beat writers saying Rex might triple-cover Gronk part of the time and now I have an overwhelming urge to drop Miller in order to start Chandler again. :negative:

Please god somebody talk me out of it, because it seems like every other person on the planet is convinced that Chandler shouldn't even be on the radar and I'm starting to feel like I'm actually delusional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Reik posted:

I'm streaming them too.

So am I. So I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it. They were great last week, and this week they face Manziel this week. Bring it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I gauged his interest in trading either/both of Ingram/Spiller and offered him:

Yeldon, David Johnson, Agholor/James Jones/Moncreif

He told me to gently caress my self and that the trade was "bullshit" and "a bunch of bench guys for a starter"

It is though? I mean unless Yeldon turns out to be great that's a poo poo trade for him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Cole Beasley is just sitting out there in FA right now and I want to snag him. As the Ingram owner, can I drop Khiry Robinson for Beasley? My WR depth is already really strong but I was looking at moving at leasst one WR in a trade to upgrade my QB (currently Stafford). My other possible drops are Boldin, Cruz, and B. Coleman.

Drop Cruz, he dead

timp posted:

So how are we feeling about Sammy Watkins's donut in Week 1? I'm sure it will get better, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth dropping him for the likes of Tavon Auston or Percy Harvin. This leage is .5 ppr and 1 point for every 30 return yards. I'm also sitting on Victor Cruz and Devin Funchess (waiting to see if his role will be expanded which I think it might) so I'm either starting Watkins or someone from the waivers. ...Or maybe I'm being fooling by stashing Cruz?

What's my prognosis goons?

EDIT:

Just saw this...but still looking for the comparison to my waiver choices

Do not stash Cruz, who is dead, and drop Watkins, who is not

sourdough fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 16, 2015

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thoughts on Tannehill and Bradford? Tannehill I think will bounce back, Washington has a surprisingly stout defense this year.

Didn't see the Miami game, so I can't comment on Tannehill, but don't worry about Bradford. He looked great in the second half once he got his feet under him. Remember he hasn't played a regular season game in a very long time, so he needs to shake some rust off. Look for him to really start shining in week 3 or 4 once he gets back up to speed. Also keep in mind that he had an extra touchdown that was incorrectly spotted at the one (Chip didn't challenge because he just wanted to keep momentum and punch it in apparently), plus his 4th quarter interception was pretty much entirely Jordan Matthews' fault. If you can buy him from someone who didn't see the game, I would -- my only hesitation would be a possible light ankle sprain that I haven't heard much news on.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Strongly considering dropping Isiah Crowell for Stevie Johnson or Bishop Sankey.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RCarr posted:

I have the same question but my waiver wire looks like this:

ASJ
Walker
Ertz
Reed
Allen
Hill
Green
Donnell
Gates
Clay

Take ASJ right? (non-ppr)
yes, thankfully people left Eifert on waivers and I was able to get him this morning in place of Daniels who I started week 1 :doh: also got Dwayne Allen off waivers last week. Never draft a tight end.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

a shameful boehner posted:

I'm 1-0 with highest total points scored in my league, looking for some WW advice after Dez went down. Here's my team, 10 players, no PPR, standard scoring, short 4 player bench with 1 IR slot:

QB: Roethlisberger
RB: Lacy
RB: Hyde
RB: Ivory
WR: Megatron
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Martellus Bennett
D/ST: Panthers
K: Justin Tucker

BE: Isiah Crowell
BE: Melvin Gordon
BE: Latavius Murray
BE: (Open)
IR: Dez

Since I'm thin at WR, here's some available players on the WW:

WRs: Stevie Johnson, Golden Tate, Travis Benjamin, Percy Harvin, Donte Moncrief, Nate Washington, Tyler Lockett, Harry Douglas
RBs: Bishop Sankey, Danny Woodhead, Marcel Reece, DeAngelo Williams, Dion Lewis
QBs: Mariota, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton
TEs: Ladarius Green, Darren Fells, Jordan Reed, Eric Ebron

I feel like a good pickup would be Stevie to supplement my bench but I'm tempted to scoop another starting RB or maybe Mariota for later trade bait. Anyone?

I would absolutely grab Golden Tate or Stevie. Tate definitely has the higher upside of the two in my opinion and it remains to be seen how consistent Stevie will be all year. I would also consider dropping Crowell for Sankey but that's just my preference after getting burned by Crowell repeatedly last year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RCarr posted:

It is though? I mean unless Yeldon turns out to be great that's a poo poo trade for him.

Is Adams/Green really any better? He was just in our group chat gushing about how he doesn't care about losing CJ because DJ is the back to own in Arizona when i just offered him, to boot

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Guy in my 12-team money league.

This was his roster at the end of last week:

QB: Rodgers
WR: Marshall
WR: Shorts
WR: Malcom Floyd
RB: Lacy
RB: Ivory
TE: Rodgers
FLEX: Ingram
BN: McFadden, Spiller, Cruz, Julius Thomas, Fells, Chris Johnson

I gauged his interest in trading either/both of Ingram/Spiller and offered him:

Yeldon, David Johnson, Agholor/James Jones/Moncreif

He told me to gently caress my self and that the trade was "bullshit" and "a bunch of bench guys for a starter"

Last two days he's made the following trades:

GIVE: Ingram
GET: Devante Adams, Ladarius Green

GIVE: Chris Johnson
GET: Doug Baldwin

I can't with these loving people. He's playing me this week too and I just know that he's going to win and I'm never going to hear the end of it.

Honestly? I think Adams/Green is a way (e: Maybe not WAY better. But I'd prefer it) better return for Ingram than anything you offered him.

Johnson for Baldwin is poo poo for poo poo. Who cares? Even with an increase in workload, Chris Johnson is not an exciting player.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 16, 2015

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I would absolutely grab Golden Tate or Stevie. Tate definitely has the higher upside of the two in my opinion and it remains to be seen how consistent Stevie will be all year. I would also consider dropping Crowell for Sankey but that's just my preference after getting burned by Crowell repeatedly last year.

Yeah gently caress Crowell. I'm bouncing him for Tevin Coleman who looked great for Atlanta and had 20 touches.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 16, 2015

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

timp posted:

So how are we feeling about Sammy Watkins's donut in Week 1? I'm sure it will get better, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth dropping him for the likes of Tavon Auston or Percy Harvin. This leage is .5 ppr and 1 point for every 30 return yards. I'm also sitting on Victor Cruz and Devin Funchess (waiting to see if his role will be expanded which I think it might) so I'm either starting Watkins or someone from the waivers. ...Or maybe I'm being fooling by stashing Cruz?

What's my prognosis goons?

EDIT:

Just saw this...but still looking for the comparison to my waiver choices

He was covered by Vontae Davis. Cruz probably isn't worth holding onto.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The guy who spent 1k in my leagues is saying he did it by mistake because he thought he got more money each week, lol. The league wants to give it back to him, charge him 20$ for each, but I think $100 would be better.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Honestly? I think Adams/Green is a way (e: Maybe not WAY better. But I'd prefer it) better return for Ingram than anything you offered him.

Johnson for Baldwin is poo poo for poo poo. Who cares? Even with an increase workload, Chris Johnson is not an exciting player.

He's got 4 TEs now and his WRs still suck. if he wanted to trade Ingram I would've given him more than what I offered, but I'm not going to bid against myself. If I knew he was going to sell a low-end RB1 for an at best mid-WR2 and a 4th TE that's going to lose his job, I would've offered more, but that's besides the point now.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 16, 2015

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Prophecy120 posted:

Nelson Agholor, Duke Johnson, DeVante Parker & Torrey Smith all got cut this week in a .5ppr league... Would you cut Devonta Freeman for any of these?

Edit: My starters are solid, these would all be later-season stashes.

I would grab Agholor depending on your rb depth.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

He's got 4 TEs now and his WRs still suck. if he wanted to trade Ingram I would've given him more than what I offered, but I'm not going to bid against myself. If I knew he was going to sell a low-end RB1 for an at best mid-WR2 and a 4th TE that's going to lose his job, I would've offered more, but that's besides the point now.

I don't disagree with any of that - lovely (and stupid) of him to not come back to you. That blows.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I don't disagree with any of that - lovely (and stupid) of him to not come back to you. That blows.

Probably would've given him two of Stevie/Agholor/James Jones/Moncreif and Yeldon to start. Would much rather have that than Adams/Green, and I would take Stevie and Yeldon over Green and Adams straight up.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Felter Chesthard posted:

I would grab Agholor depending on your rb depth.

I have J.Randle, Abdullah & Woodhead all ahead of Freeman on the bench. I think I'll pull the trigger on Agholor.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Drop Daniels for Delanie Walker, ASJ, or Ladarius Green? Standard.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

punch drunk posted:

Drop Daniels for Delanie Walker, ASJ, or Ladarius Green? Standard.

Delanie. ASJ's targets will drop when Evans gets back into the mix, and Ladarius may fall off the face of the earth once Gates gets back.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Can anyone with MyFantasyLeague commish experience tell me how to enable FAAB bidding on locked players? We had a snafu with waivers last night, and James Jones got picked up as a FA before Waivers cleared when he should not have been. He's since been dropped (by my direction) and is locked - i want people to be able to FAAB bid on him tonight, but he doesn't appear on the 'add player/free agent' lists.

MFL's configuration is loving byzantine.

Edit: seems like it's not possible. oh well.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 16, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All this talk about trading for Dez reminds me of trying to trade for Adrian Peterson last year. Thank goodness the AD owners kept refusing my requests. :)

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Delanie. ASJ's targets will drop when Evans gets back into the mix, and Ladarius may fall off the face of the earth once Gates gets back.

Any new info on his "injury"? And would you take his early week 4 BYE into consideration? I had a similar question a few pages back which got missed.

Reggie Died posted:

I'm in a 12man team with a short bench (which is housing Bell for another week), so I'm not in a position to be carrying two TE's.

Should I wait for some clarity on the Walker injury, or should I drop him for one of the following: Reed, Allen, Cook, Ebron, Fells or Green.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Well, I got the RB and the WR that I wanted off my waiver claims. Now my roster looks like:

QB: Bradford, Eli

WR: Megatron, Davante Adams, TWill, Garçon, B. Coleman and Dez

RB: Hyde, Woodhead, Gore, Ellington, Yeldon

I honestly don't know if this makes me more or less likely to accept the Dez/Yeldon for VJax/Russ Wilson offer.

Paper
Aug 4, 2008
Who looks better for streaming D/ST this week: Saints (vs Bucs) or Panthers (vs Texans)? I initially picked up Saints but Panthers just became available. Go for it or stick with Saints D/ST?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Gyshall posted:

There is a good chance Dez is not going to be fantasy relevant until the playoffs this year. It is a gamble to go for him and stash him (see also: Josh Gordon) and you run the risk of him being a decoy when he comes back.

I think the early "6-8 week" estimates are a bit off, we're probably looking at 12 weeks or so, which makes him back for one or two games and then the playoffs.

Again, best case scenario.

The depressing part of this is that at least while I was stashing Josh Gordon for all of last year I had Dez putting up 3-TD games and helping me win the championship.

Now I have a stashed, broken Dez and am rolling out the likes of E. Sanders and Edelman and hoping I can strike gold with Brian Quick off waivers.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Prophecy120 posted:

Nelson Agholor, Duke Johnson, DeVante Parker & Torrey Smith all got cut this week in a .5ppr league... Would you cut Devonta Freeman for any of these?

Edit: My starters are solid, these would all be later-season stashes.

Parker will probably be the #2 WR in Miami by the end of the season and I'd much rather have him stashed than Freeman.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Same exact thing I was going to say, except more definitively. Grab Sankey and Tate.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Darko posted:

Same exact thing I was going to say, except more definitively. Grab Sankey and Tate.

Missed out on Sankey, picked up Coleman and Woodhead (dropping Melvin Gordon and Isiah Crowell), have a waiver claim in to pick up Tate tomorrow and drop Latavius Murray.

That'll give me this RB/WR depth:

RBs: Lacy, Hyde, Ivory, Coleman, Woodhead
WRs: Megatron, Marshall, Tate, Dez*

I think that's a pretty solid core considering I'll be rolling with Lacy/Hyde/Ivory most weeks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
ESPN Standard scoring, 0 PPR

I've been offered:

GIVE: Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray
GET: Lesean McCoy, AJ Green

My head is saying "take it, you need WR help" but my gut is saying "you're getting tricked into selling AP/Murray low and you'll find other WRs, stand pat". Thoughts?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I've been offered:

My head is saying "take it, you need WR help" but my gut is saying "you're getting tricked into selling AP/Murray low and you'll find other WRs, stand pat". Thoughts?

I wouldn't do it. Karlos Williams looked good and Eifert will continue to siphon targets from AJ Green.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

^^ I agree. Don't make that trade.

Missed out on Sankey, picked up Coleman and Woodhead (dropping Melvin Gordon and Isiah Crowell), have a waiver claim in to pick up Tate tomorrow and drop Latavius Murray.

I think that's a pretty solid core considering I'll be rolling with Lacy/Hyde/Ivory most weeks.

Do you really not have anyone else to drop? Latavius should not be dropped.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

^^ I agree. Don't make that trade.

Do you really not have anyone else to drop? Latavius should not be dropped.

Thirding to not trade away AP for Green. Also agree that Latavius should not be dropped. He's got more value than Woodhead in non-PPR, too.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Murmur Twin posted:

I've been offered:

Good lord, no. AP is one of those players that you absolutely shouldn't trade away, ever, and giving up 2 RBs for 1 WR is probably going to leave you a bit lacking in both departments.

If you're hurting for receivers, who's on your waiver wire?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Haha thanks you guys! I'm pretty sure this thread talks me out of two or three bad trades a year :)

Mingus Dew posted:

If you're hurting for receivers, who's on your waiver wire?

I didn't see anyone that I thought was necessarily dropping one of my RBs for (I'm trying to deal one of the bench ones but, shock of shock, everyone is making counters for AP) but am curious if anyone sees anything I'm missing.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Looks grim. If you really need a wide receiver I'd give Beasley a go as long as Dez is out, and maybe Lockett if your league does return yards. That last one's a bit of a long-shot, though.

But yeah, don't let anyone trade-gouge you into giving up AP.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I dream of a day where I can play fantasy football in a league with no dedicated tight end slot.

Edit: How crazy would dropping Boldin for Beasley be? What about dropping Joique Bell for Beasley? (I own Abdullah)

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

RCarr posted:

I dream of a day where I can play fantasy football in a league with no dedicated tight end slot.

Edit: How crazy would dropping Boldin for Beasley be? What about dropping Joique Bell for Beasley? (I own Abdullah)

Pretty crazy, if Boldin is your worst WR.

Everyone's saying it's just a matter of time before Abdullah becomes the big man in Detroit (his week one performance seems to reinforce that). Barring an injury, that's a no-brainer.

Do you have anyone else you can give up? Second defense/TE maybe?

e: words

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I wouldn't lose sleep over dropping Bell for anyone in any format, especially as an Abdullah owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Paper posted:

Who looks better for streaming D/ST this week: Saints (vs Bucs) or Panthers (vs Texans)? I initially picked up Saints but Panthers just became available. Go for it or stick with Saints D/ST?

Panthers by a mile, the Saints D has looked atrocious and the Panthers are playing a Foster-less Mallett-helmed Houston.

• Locked thread