Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

did they rip off microsoft's windows 10 feature of allowing you to roll back to the previous, better OS or will that be coming 3 years from now

iOS 9 is the best iOS version yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

short answer, because it's 64-bit

the longer answer is "safari content blockers only work on 64-bit devices"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Internaut! posted:

lol iOS 9 safari content blocking disabled in canada
is this an actual thing

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Internaut! posted:

crystal works now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

is this an actual thing

the apps weren't available on the canadian iTunes store if you clicked the links from earlier

:siren: crystal is out :siren: now tho, and it's free

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Internaut! posted:

works for me

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Internaut! posted:

en/ca

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Pinterest Mom posted:

goddamnit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pinterest Mom posted:

the apps weren't available on the canadian iTunes store if you clicked the links from earlier

:siren: crystal is out :siren: now tho, and it's free
:tipshat:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

lol updating to ios 9 made my 5 slow, animations are all jerky and poo poo and everything is unresponsive.. thanks steve

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cant wait for new emojis

and if it slows down the 5, this is gonna make the jump to 6S better

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Puppy Galaxy posted:

lol updating to ios 9 made my 5 slow, animations are all jerky and poo poo and everything is unresponsive.. thanks steve

mods please ban this troll

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

did they fix third party keyboars yet?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

poty posted:

mods please ban this troll

its My Truth

i dont care because i already preordered the 6s

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Puppy Galaxy posted:

ya app switching animation on my 6 is hilariously anroid-tier jank now

Kenny Logins posted:

is this an actual thing

looks like a combination of 1. ad blockers weren't enabled on the store yet and 2. if you don't have any installed the option to turn them on doesnt even show up, so it looked like they might have been region disabled which apple has done with various features over the years

so whats the best adblocker thing to use

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

did they fix third party keyboars yet?

if by fix you mean remotely detonating you're phone then yes

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Internaut! posted:

ya app switching animation on my 6 is hilariously anroid-tier jank now

looks like a combination of 1. ad blockers weren't enabled on the store yet and 2. if you don't have any installed the option to turn them on doesnt even show up, so it looked like they might have been region disabled which apple has done with various features over the years

so whats the best adblocker thing to use

i would grab crystal while its free for the time being but purify is done by the ublock guy so purify

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Puppy Galaxy posted:

its My Truth

i dont care because i already preordered the 6s

it's doing some stuff in the background after the update, let it sit for a few moment and pickup and use it again and it should be fine

if you want to force it then do a reboot or something, but supposedly the system will be doing some sort of cleanup especially after an OTA update, but all is well when i went back about 30 mins later

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

if by fix you mean remotely detonating you're phone then yes

guess what, the ios keyboard sucks rear end and apple should fully support the third party keyboard feature they added instead of trying to make the experience so bad their default keyboard looks good by comparison

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

agreed. tim :argh:

anyways, they still work, and just aren't allowed on the app store. find an open source one like https://github.com/krishkumar/BlockParty and build+run it yourself. i guess phone janitoring is the price we have to pay for having the best looking iphone...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I didn't think I would notice the font change but I really do #whow #woa

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL! What a complete load of BS you pathetic Apple shill. The multi-tasking experience in Windows 10 walks all over the iPad, and the Surface Pro 3 just curb stomps the iPad Pro. Don't even get me started on how Apple completely ripped off the multi-tasking from Microsoft. It's the exact same impementation.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

instead of trying to make the Y experience so bad their default X looks good by comparison

this is actually their strategy with everything

with itunes match they duped my music tracks in such a way that google music uploaded them as new tracks, and now I've got a bunch of duplicate albums in my google poo poo taking up storage

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
My phone has requested the update. It's still waiting. timb, this is unacceptable

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ruby idiot railed posted:

this is actually their strategy with everything

with itunes match they duped my music tracks in such a way that google music uploaded them as new tracks, and now I've got a bunch of duplicate albums in my google poo poo taking up storage

its not a great solution but you can wipe your google music library and reupload once things settle down in itunes land

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

this sounds like a google issue

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

once things settle down in itunes land

that should happen any day now

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
where do i get the adblcoker for iphone

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

where do i get the adblcoker for iphone

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/purify-blocker-fast-clutter/id1030156203?ls=1&mt=8

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wait you have to buy the ad blocker??

lol forever

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

some are free~

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
crystal is limited time free so I installed that for now until people get their heads out their asses I guess

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

its people jumping on the new craze making a quick buck

wow so hard to grasp

just wait and there will be good free ones

loaded and installed fine, no issues

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
are there ones that work with iphones <5s

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i'm downloading iOS 9 and it says 4 hours remaining.

it's said that for about 4 hours now.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

are there ones that work with iphones <5s

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

new iCloud storage pricing is effective in ios9 and also appears to have the cdn $ adjustment

50 giggly wigglies for 1.29 dollary doos, here I come

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
is there an option to turn off the case-sensitive android keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Triglav posted:

is there an option to turn off the case-sensitive android keyboard

Settings > General > Accessibility > Keyboard > "Show Lowercase Keys"