Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Franco Potente posted:

Crisis on the Tortilla Coast! Rep. Tom McClintock of the House Freedom Caucus resigns from the group because of their complete inability to function.

quote:

"A common theme through each of these incidents is a willingness – indeed, an eagerness – to strip the House Republican majority of its ability to set the House agenda by combining with House Democrats on procedural motions," he wrote. "As a result, it has thwarted vital conservative policy objectives and unwittingly become Nancy Pelosi’s tactical ally."

Oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Someone on my facebook made a fantastic point about how there's zero question that this is racism.

If they legitimately thought it could be a bomb they should have evacuated the school.

Instead they just persecuted a kid because they look like someone who could make a bomb - in their minds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cubanos are classic and delicious.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just like Marco Rubio imho

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

He's not wrong. If I were a conservative congressman with at least a nominal view of advancing an agenda and not just scoring a cushy seat and speaking engagements for life, I'd be pretty pissed too that a bunch of bomb-throwers end up undermining any attempts at moving legislation forward.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Istvun posted:

To be fair, the only thing it's missing to be a bomb is a bomb.

You laugh, but someone in another thread here just seriously made that argument to try and defend the cops' actions.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

*rollsupnewspaper* NO!! Bad CNN!!

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

One weird trick to get yourself invited to the White House!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

hangedman1984 posted:

*rollsupnewspaper* NO!! Bad CNN!!

They cannot be serious, what in the earthly gently caress

haha already "corrected and deleted" jesus christ rein in your interns.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tigntink posted:

Someone on my facebook made a fantastic point about how there's zero question that this is racism.

If they legitimately thought it could be a bomb they should have evacuated the school.

Instead they just persecuted a kid because they look like someone who could make a bomb - in their minds.

Given the whole Black Lives Matter events, seems like police hate blacks way way way more than terrorist.

What is Texas hiding?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

El Disco posted:

This kid was arrested in school! You'll never believe what happened next!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

El Disco posted:

I can't wait till we get the conservative blogger articles about some white kid that got "falsely accused" and why didn't everyone jump out to support him huh?!?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
HAHAhaha!!! Holy poo poo.

quote:

Brady says he supports Trump for president

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady threw his support behind presidential candidate Donald Trump Wednesday, hours before the second Republican debate.

The Super Bowl MVP, whose four-game suspension for using deflated footballs was recently overturned by a judge, says he thinks his golf partner can win.

“I hope so,” he said. “It would be great. There would be a putting green on the White House lawn, I can tell you that.”

This election is already the best ever.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zeroisanumber posted:

Tom Brady further cementing his position as the NFL's leading source of bad decisions and silly hats.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zeroisanumber posted:

I legitimately had to click that link five times to be sure this wasn't a joke

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Zeroisanumber posted:

"Cheater who has taken multiple blows to the head backs Trump"

Or

"Aaron Hernandez's former co-worker agrees with man who says Latinos commit violent crimes"

Take your pick

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I legitimately had to click that link five times to be sure this wasn't a joke

I mean, I'm pretty sure it is a joke but from Saint Brady and not The Onion.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Fried Chicken posted:

"Aaron Hernandez's former co-worker agrees with man who says Latinos commit violent crimes"

:perfect:
Hooooooooooooooooly poo poo. Just a reminder: when Tommy boy gets done picking up rings, he plans on going into politics, and he's very, very Republican.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man I miss The Silver Ring, Brocato's is good don't get me wrong, but the Ring was something else.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

weekly font posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure it is a joke but from Saint Brady and not The Onion.

Let us not underestimate the douchebag capacity of Tom Brady.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Thank you for this sir.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DemeaninDemon posted:

Thank you for this sir.

Somebody's doing the murdering, after all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here are the debate threads:

6pm: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742016
8pm: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742018

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

quote:

Rand Paul

Cold Cut Platter: Because every ingredient should independently govern itself

I audibly guffawed at work

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rep. Keith Ellison is carrying a clock around Congress today. :hellyeah:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, outside Congress, another protest.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...
Re: The kid with the clock.

It's blatant racism -- if they were truly afraid of it being a bomb, surely they would have evacuated the school. So they're either incompetent or racist. Or possibly both, to be fair.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pixelboy posted:

Re: The kid with the clock.

It's blatant racism -- if they were truly afraid of it being a bomb, surely they would have evacuated the school. So they're either incompetent or racist. Or possibly both, to be fair.

No see they never thought it was a bomb, they're claiming they thought it was a hoax bomb and thus by fiat it became a hoax bomb.

All the while the kid telling anyone that would listen that it was, in fact, a clock.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

No see they never thought it was a bomb, they're claiming they thought it was a hoax bomb and thus by fiat it became a hoax bomb.

All the while the kid telling anyone that would listen that it was, in fact, a clock.

I can't get past "All he would say was that it was a clock." I just can't wrap my head around how someone says that phrase in all earnestness.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Trabisnikof posted:

That's just what a terrorist would say though! :freep:

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mdemone posted:

I can't get past "All he would say was that it was a clock." I just can't wrap my head around how someone says that phrase in all earnestness.

The kid was probably feeling the same thing as you.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

mdemone posted:

This is now being described as "being passive aggressive" in news stories up here btw

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Have any cable news channels booked Flavor Flav to discuss Ahmed? If not, big missed opportunity.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fried Chicken posted:

This is now being described as "being passive aggressive" in news stories up here btw

Passive-aggressively telling the truth.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also the comment "all it was missing was a charge and a detonator, not so easy to spot the difference", gently caress me sideways, by that logic my dick is a bomb because all it needs to be a bomb, is a bomb and something to make the bomb go off.

I'm gonna drill a hole in my head like the guy from Pi before I hit 40, I just know it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

mdemone posted:

It reminds me of help desk calls that I take some times. We have alot of people switching from PCs to Macs at my job and i'll be like "ok so click on finder" "uhhhh" "the thing that looks like a light blue and dark blue rectangle on the dock" "uhhhhh" "do you know what the dock is?" "uhhhh"

You feel like you just keep saying the same words at them... because there's no other way to describe it. "its a clock" uhhhh "It tells time" "uhhhh" "IT TELLS YOU WERE THE SUN IS IN THE SKY WITH NUMBERS" "uhhhhh"

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Joementum posted:

Have any cable news channels booked Flavor Flav to discuss Ahmed? If not, big missed opportunity.

Wasn't he arrested for being coked up and drunk in Vegas a few months ago? Might be busy.

Tigntink posted:

You feel like you just keep saying the same words at them... because there's no other way to describe it. "its a clock" uhhhh "It tells time" "uhhhh" "IT TELLS YOU WERE THE SUN IS IN THE SKY WITH NUMBERS" "uhhhhh"

Look man, you can't just go wildly assuming things. That kid was just a few steps away from instigating a full chronographic incident! Could you live with that on your conscience?

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 16, 2015

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Tom Brady posted:

[If Trump were elected] there would be a putting green on the White House Lawn, I can tell you that

:argh: Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tigntink posted:

It reminds me of help desk calls that I take some times. We have alot of people switching from PCs to Macs at my job and i'll be like "ok so click on finder" "uhhhh" "the thing that looks like a light blue and dark blue rectangle on the dock" "uhhhhh" "do you know what the dock is?" "uhhhh"

I teach introductory physics to non-science majors. As such, I have heard more stupid things than you can possibly imagine, lost in time like tears in rain. But this bomb-clock thing is sending me around the bend, and I've only just started to drink in advance of the GOP debate.

I may need emergency intervention before this day ends.

• Locked thread