Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Harrower posted:

The other advantage earf snake has over dragons and poo poo is that he heals any wounds real quick. It's kind of annoying sending a dragon to go dumpster some province on turn 2 and he barely gets away with half his limbs in tact and the others rotting off. Even if snake gets in a real mess he will just heal that poo poo off and keep on snakin'. Also if you get a fire shield (probably don't do this it isn't really worth it) on him it's really funny watching guys burn to death trying to hit him while he idly bites one every other turn because he is so sleepy.

Some one draw and smug earth snake sleeping soundly on a pile of burnt corpses tia.

If your snake has a fire shield or fire resistance + immolation, does he not get cold-blooded penalties in cold scale provinces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
One trick you can do as Nazca is to sucide the 40g apus into indies and then when they come back as mummies have them capture tonnes of flying milita each turn. You can end up with hundreds of flying milita every turn by year 2, note I have never managed to turn this into a winning strategy as they flee after 20 of them have died. Perhaps there are some spells that might make them useful though.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Applebee123 posted:

One trick you can do as Nazca is to sucide the 40g apus into indies and then when they come back as mummies have them capture tonnes of flying milita each turn. You can end up with hundreds of flying milita every turn by year 2, note I have never managed to turn this into a winning strategy as they flee after 20 of them have died. Sun Tzu has some vague but interesting things to say about this.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

420 Gank Mid posted:

If your snake has a fire shield or fire resistance + immolation, does he not get cold-blooded penalties in cold scale provinces?

If you have 5 resistance for the relevant energy damage (Fire for Heat, Frost for Cold) then you are immune to all negative effects of that temperature scale. I'm not sure if Frost Resist will also grant immunity to Cold Blooded penalties, but I assume it would. Fire resist or Fire Shield have no impact however.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Posting to confirm that I won't just forget that I signed up for a dominions game this time tomorrow, and that i've set a daily alarm to remind me to do my loving turns.

edit:I forgot there was a seperate thread for this.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 13, 2015

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

420 Gank Mid posted:

I don't know but you could probably get some fire elementals/fire demons/abyssian body guards to cuddle your snake and keep him warm.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Neruz posted:

If you have 5 resistance for the relevant energy damage (Fire for Heat, Frost for Cold) then you are immune to all negative effects of that temperature scale. I'm not sure if Frost Resist will also grant immunity to Cold Blooded penalties, but I assume it would. Fire resist or Fire Shield have no impact however.

Cold-blooded penalties can't be avoided by resistance or anything else, as far as I know.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Neruz posted:

I'm not sure if Frost Resist will also grant immunity to Cold Blooded penalties, but I assume it would.

Nope! Get hosed, Agartha.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Of course it doesn't :psyduck:

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Because I wanted those elephants. :argh:

Or because I saw you attacking Arco and thought that you couldn't take on two people at once, ether/or. You did suggest a NAP after some border agreements, but I completely ignored that message because you were a possible target :v:

EDIT: You're missing one set of mercs. I'm disappointed in you.

EDIT EDIT: That's a huge stack of troops. Please throw them against Arco's Elephantwaffle in a province I have a scout in, I want to see the fireworks.

Hope you enjoyed the show!

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Speleothing posted:

Nope! Get hosed, Agartha.

Having cold-blooded mages can be inconvenient but at least almost all Agarthan mages that are cold-blooded can cast Summon Earthpower to offset it a bit.

The real annoying thing is that Magma Kids get weaker in the cold so generally Heart3 as EA/MA Agartha is probably a given.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Baudin posted:

Hope you enjoyed the show!

Sure! My doctor said that I'll recover my hearing in no time, too!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Cold isn't real. It is not a real thing.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Cold is an absense of heat, this game is garbage

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
At least Cold doesn't have events tied to it where your loving Abysian fire mages accidentally burn down the lab they are working in because apparently it didn't occur to the people made out of literal lava to build their labs out of nonflammable materials.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Neruz posted:

At least Cold doesn't have events tied to it where your loving Abysian fire mages accidentally burn down the lab they are working in because apparently it didn't occur to the people made out of literal lava to build their labs out of nonflammable materials.

Look, Abysia is so strong it needed extra bad events.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

Yeah but maybe they were researching something even hotter than lava to be made of instead, and that burnt down the lab.

Like lava but you microwave it for a minute first and then make stuff out of it (just spitballin here)

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Which does not explain why the lab only burns down if it is also warm outside; not even if it has a person that is literally made of lava standing in it, so long as it is not also warm outside everything is fine.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The walls of the lab cool off the interior by irradiating heat outside. If it's already hot outside, this process is slowed down and heat builds up until the lab spontaneously combusts. :eng101: :supaburn: :eng101:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

Which does not explain why the lab only burns down if it is also warm outside
Because that makes it doubly too-hot, retard

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

jBrereton posted:

Because that makes it doubly too-hot, retard

But.

But that's not how heat works. :psyduck:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Look, its just because skellingtons start to burn at high temps, ok? And the giant piles of skellingtons outside of a lab in the 'used' section will burn when the sun gets too hot, ok? Just don't think about it, ok?

ok?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
"But physics doesn't work that way!" when talking about a game with literal magic.

It's just a show. Relax.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Is it really too much to ask that my beings made of literal living fire not build things out of flammable materials? Really?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

But.

It's.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They don't build the labs, they contract it out. The lab-builders union just refuses to do anything other than the stock model.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Neruz posted:

But.

I could swear there are more fire incidents in summer, and even more in hotter summers. Same principle?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Neruz posted:

Is it really too much to ask that my beings made of literal living fire not build things out of flammable materials? Really?

Obviously, yes.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

goatface posted:

They don't build the labs, they contract it out. The lab-builders union just refuses to do anything other than the stock model.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I wonder if the volcano interacts with the geologic skeleton layer in any way.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Neruz posted:

Sometimes they use inflammable materials instead.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

e: lol jk

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 14, 2015

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The nationgen game of Dom4roguelike is over and the skeleton layer is victorious!

I was a nation of Lizards who could reanimate skeletons with strong blood, death and nature along with a touch of Air. The troops were completely forgettable and I never made any past like turn 8. Here is the incredibly dumb awake god I took:

He started with like a4e4n4 and no awe. Yes I spent over 100 design points to give a drakon Air magic. He is essentially custom built to counter the things that counter skeletons. He can defeat massed tramplers (including Air elementals with the shockres he could easily get with a4 + resist lightning), battlefield traps and then counter trap with Eq/RoS/wrathful skies or just winning by default as an endurance tank. He can cloud trapeze to rapidly engage things that threaten me. I got him killed by a loving hill wizard who landed T1 paralyze which killed his a4 (necessitating a later empower) but I kept it quiet and no one seemed to notice before I revived him.

He did do his job though, and countered these incredibly evil fuckers that Rotekian had:

They would have run me right over if it weren't for my god trapping around to break up concentrations that could not be defeated by just grinding 600 skeletons under their wheels. If anyone had helped Rotekian (they should have) I would have lost.

After that I managed to convince everyone to attack Hatwer's uber caelum (caelum but with everything except S and blood sac and all the crosspaths and blood etc etc etc) which was the only nation on the map that could hard counter mine. They obligingly did so, allowing me to join in the dogpile and capture massive swathes of territory. After he tapped out it was just a throne round up as I attacked everyone in all directions continuously while dashing for thrones. By the end I had more vampire lords than I care to count and thousands of skeletons going every which way along with a monstrous blood economy.

:yohoho::yohoho:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Ah, too bad. I wanted to see if I could eat AI fast enough to catch up to you guys. Thanks to all my enemies going AI, there were a lot of them

And so the African Renaissance was destroyed by filthy Imperialists, as always.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Libluini posted:

Ah, too bad. I wanted to see if I could eat AI fast enough to catch up to you guys. Thanks to all my enemies going AI, there were a lot of them

And so the African Renaissance was destroyed by filthy Imperialists, as always.

That last ball of chariots went all the way around the world before attacking you because ???

The AI is good.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

That last ball of chariots went all the way around the world before attacking you because ???

The AI is good.

And then they retreated to siege another AI-fort close to my cap, giving me enough time to free my second fort and amass enough mages and troops to deal with them. The game practically just ended before I could end them and siege down a third fort for me. Dom4 AI at it's finest. :shepface:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

If anyone had helped Rotekian (they should have) I would have lost.

Always Attack Nuclearmonkee Strategem

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

New MA game, Geneva Convention (because it's not War Crimes hue hue)

Vanilla, 14 players, ~14 PPP, 8 L1 Thrones, 4 L2, 2 L3, 12 points to win.

Ermors go home. Asphodel players will be accused of racism.

Server and map eventually

yes I know there's an MA game up already but it has ermor allowed and is therefore bad and dumb

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

So I just got the game because it was on sale, and I have been playing as Pythium... so far I managed to crush Man/Sceleria/Gath, but now I am getting my poo poo wrecked by Tien Chi who are throwing massive waves of soldiers against me.

I want to actually know how to use magic well however and was wondering if there are any actual Pythium guides because right now I am lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I finally took Luck3 and on turn 2 I got a bugged random event that killed my first mage.

• Locked thread