Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I thought battle droids were remote control and operated from a central brain in a big space ship tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Otisburg posted:

I thought battle droids were remote control and operated from a central brain in a big space ship tho?

Nah, after Naboo they wised the gently caress up and took that idiot feature out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Can droids kiss

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

no droids in main canon have lips

prince scissor's fuckbot could but idk the status of sote wrt canon post-disney acquisition

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ashgromnies posted:

why is it in past tense

what happened to the tits

:ohdear:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol I forgot that Prince Xizor had a super hot warrior assistant that was also a sex robot, and also he had a machine that would stimulate his muscles so he got super ripped just by sitting at his computer, and also he excreted pheromones that made every woman want to gently caress him senseless, also he was so awesome that the Emperor considered him a potential replacement for Darth Vader, also he mass produced Darth Vader robots with lightsabers solely so he could kick their asses and cut them in half because he was that great at fighting.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He was the biggest goon and died to the cocky jock. A fitting end

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tender Bender posted:

Lol I forgot that Prince Xizor had a super hot warrior assistant that was also a sex robot, and also he had a machine that would stimulate his muscles so he got super ripped just by sitting at his computer, and also he excreted pheromones that made every woman want to gently caress him senseless, also he was so awesome that the Emperor considered him a potential replacement for Darth Vader, also he mass produced Darth Vader robots with lightsabers solely so he could kick their asses and cut them in half because he was that great at fighting.

Replica droids were one of my favorite playable races in Star Wars saga. :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tender Bender posted:

loving lol

Who the gently caress thinks sexbots are a cool thing for cool guys anyhow

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Didn't early space travel involve actual space-diapers?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bunnielab posted:

Didn't early space travel involve actual space-diapers?

Astronauts wear diapers under spacesuits because you can't get in and out of them quickly.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cool, 50,000 battles with the "remnants of the Empire." The New Republic "de-militarizes" but still has a huge navy. Just like in pre-reboot EU, nothing ever changes.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Astronauts wear diapers under spacesuits because you can't get in and out of them quickly.

Yea but are they special space diapers or just some off the shelf stuff?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

loving lol

Who the gently caress thinks sexbots are a cool thing for cool guys anyhow

Oh man I never actually though about it like that haha

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Cool, 50,000 battles with the "remnants of the Empire." The New Republic "de-militarizes" but still has a huge navy. Just like in pre-reboot EU, nothing ever changes.

someone else gets it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wonder how long until the universe is loving each other like before.

I really hope Han and Leia didn't work out

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

I don't know, that all sounded reasonably plausible (at least, the best I could have expected). I'm glad it seems like the remnants of the Empire did more to do themselves in than anything the New Republic did.

But loving damnit why can't they leave Boba Fett dead.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'd rather have the whole "Imperial Remnant as a threat" thing than "weirdo John Carpenteresque body horror monsters with coral spaceships" as the antagonists. NJO and the youzon vongs in particular were trash fit for the garbage.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Otisburg posted:

I'd rather have the whole "Imperial Remnant as a threat" thing than "weirdo John Carpenteresque body horror monsters with coral spaceships" as the antagonists. NJO and the youzon vongs in particular were trash fit for the garbage.

Unless I'm completely missing it, isn't that what we're getting?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

Same here and you're also noticing that they seem to be keeping the Sith to the movies instead of populating the time between with a dozen of super-sekrit apprentices of Palpatine and Vader also manipulating things. As it stands, it's just a bunch of Moffs trying to keep themselves King poo poo of their little patch of galaxy, which is an all-too-human motivation that most folks can understand.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pook Good Mook posted:

Unless I'm completely missing it, isn't that what we're getting?

Right I was disagreeing with the people making GBS threads on the idea of Moffs balkanizing into feifdoms until they were pushed to the Rim, because it could be a lot worst and that's honestly not a bad framework.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

a super star destroyer named ravager

a planet named taris

mask-wearing weirdos obsessed with collecting dark side artifacts

KOTOR 2: The Movie

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

a super star destroyer named ravager

a planet named taris

mask-wearing weirdos obsessed with collecting dark side artifacts

KOTOR 2: The Movie

Well at least with the movie the distributor/producer listened to the maker when they said they needed more time.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Acne Rain posted:

eeeehhhhhhhh having a word to describe something you can see through but can't break easily is OK
glass has a connotation of being brittle that you might not want something to have

'reinforced glass'

youre welcome

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

transparent aluminum

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Same here and you're also noticing that they seem to be keeping the Sith to the movies instead of populating the time between with a dozen of super-sekrit apprentices of Palpatine and Vader also manipulating things. As it stands, it's just a bunch of Moffs trying to keep themselves King poo poo of their little patch of galaxy, which is an all-too-human motivation that most folks can understand.

I believe they've said that the bad guy of the new movies, while being a Sith, isn't actually connected to Sheev or Vader, just that he's a big fan or something.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
sheev

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While stupid it could have been worse since originally the emperor was named Cos Dashit.

Edit: I don't know if that's actually true or just something someone made up and it has kind of gotten stuck in there as a fact. Because that's just so stupid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pook Good Mook posted:

I don't know, that all sounded reasonably plausible (at least, the best I could have expected). I'm glad it seems like the remnants of the Empire did more to do themselves in than anything the New Republic did.

But loving damnit why can't they leave Boba Fett dead.

it's not supposed to be plausible it's a fairly tale. the evil wizard is defeated the bad guys lose. it woulda been more "plausible" if it was some younguns starting their own thing (since plausibly all the villains should be old dudes running the empire).

there are what? three battles in the original movies? also LMAO i didn't see they brought fett back.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Otisburg posted:

transparent aluminum

That's the ticket.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I saw this too. The timeline described in that article reads just like the timeline of the EU books, if you strip out the details of specific personalities(and the 50000 secret apprentices/clones who never actually made a difference anyway). The whole thing with the Ravager SSD is basically Thrawn(and his failure due to a large Alliance fleet with superior tactics)

e: at least we got rid of the solo kids :gonk:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

e: at least we got rid of the solo kids :gonk:

tbf the eu was doing a good job of that on its own

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tender Bender posted:

:eyepop: where was this? I played the n64 game and this was never part of the plot. You heard about Guri but lol sex robot?

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Otisburg posted:

I think we can all agree that was a horrendous mistake for the Star Wars universe and the sooner it is forgotten the better.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ivor Biggun posted:

I think we can all agree that was a horrendous mistake for the Star Wars universe and the sooner it is forgotten the better.

they dont exist in the force

thats really loving lame you dipshit EU writers

fuk the yuuzan vong were such a lame loving enemy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Uncle Wemus posted:

Oh man I never actually though about it like that haha

"Gonna jack off into a robot waifu, yeah I'm the best"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tom Brady posted:

they dont exist in the force

thats really loving lame you dipshit EU writers

fuk the yuuzan vong were such a lame loving enemy

Plus they dropped a moon on Chewie. Which the writers described as a "shoot the family dog moment".

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Chill la Chill posted:

:eyepop: where was this? I played the n64 game and this was never part of the plot. You heard about Guri but lol sex robot?
It was in the novel (and maybe the comic series?), but not the video game.

Shadows of the Empire was a "multimedia event", the idea being that the only way to get the "whole picture" was to buy/play/read everything cross various media.
The only other comparable "event" thing I can think of was the Clone Wars stuff that came out between Ep2 and 3, and came out in roughly "real time" since the gap between the movies was 3 years and the Clone Wars spanned 3 years. It was a neat idea in concept, where a novel that came out 3 weeks after a given comic book was literally supposed to have occurred 3 weeks later, etc.

I guess The Force Unleashed was a sorta similar "multimedia event", but nowhere near the scope of Shadows or Clone Wars.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
its been said but its worth reiterating that that rebels show is really good imo

i find myself grinning at it like a stupid kid sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is it available on Netflix/streaming anywhere?

• Locked thread