Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Honestly i dunno. Since it's F2P its definitely worth trying out to see if its for you though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
This sounds great. Do we have a goon thing going on already?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
You guys should really make a new thread for this. I wouldn't have known if it wasn't being spammed to death on /vg/

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
Members get 150% of the normal exp. F2P is the same exp as the regular game.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Mix posted:

Members get 150% of the normal exp. F2P is the same exp as the regular game.

Awesome. Glad to see they're basically subsidizing this game with the other one. Can't wait for the client to be fixed (I get loading screens every 15 steps)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Awesome. Glad to see they're basically subsidizing this game with the other one. Can't wait for the client to be fixed (I get loading screens every 15 steps)

That cus you havent cached the game yet. been playing for an hour and that's stopped. getting a lot of crashes though (windoes 10)

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

:eyepop: Wow, I haven't seen Lumbridge this packed since 2004. It's complete and total chaos and I love it

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
This has been a blast so far. RSN is King Pizza. Add me you dark devilish goons!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

This is really exciting. I'm doing low level slayer (minotaurs) and it's loving EXCITING. I've killed 3 people already in self defence, now im sitting here, skulled, regenning HP with rest. it's tense

my stats:

where can i get a iron wep?

There's an iron mace near the edgeville guardhouse and there's a ton of iron/steel poo poo in the wilderness, which is pretty abandoned considering how many people are skulking around.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone completed the Blood Pact quest on Darkscape? I can't get past the part where it tells me to open the Powers interface, because the interface gets stuck loading and the quest never progresses.

Edit: Never mind, relogging twice fixed it.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Honestly this looks cool, I'll definitely gently caress around a bit.

E: is there a goon guild/clan/whatever it is here?

Enemu fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 16, 2015

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
We're gonna need at least 5 goons from goonscape to make a goonscape clan on Darkscape

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Is this Darkscape thing hosted by Jagex? It's not just some dude's private server?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

CashEnsign posted:

Is this Darkscape thing hosted by Jagex? It's not just some dude's private server?

Yes. They announced it (under a different name) sometime in early summer.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Welp I'm coming back for this I think. I'm on darkscape as Walt_SA. We back boys.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I'd be willing to give Darkscape a go. Is a clan set up yet?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
You guys just can't quit, huh.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Since no one has stepped up to the plate;

Talk in my FC - "Peg Leg" FC for DarkScape talk until details can be ironed out

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Will be on later at GOKUxNARUTO. Really excited to get sucked back into this

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
PRO TIP: DO THE NEXUS IN LUMBY FOR 25 PRAYER SO YOU CAN PROTECT ITEM

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Can't lose that bronze scimitar.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

DO KNIGHTS SWORD

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

SleepingPizza posted:

DO KNIGHTS SWORD

Gotta cook them sweet pies, best f2p quest. I still remember the first time I finished it in 2004 and felt like such a badass.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Scrub tier notes for early levelling:

1) Circus is north of Lumby atm, I went from 1-14 mage immediately
2) Spam click the nexus and each bowl as the XP for each action pops up, it speeds up the process considerably
3) Head to the basement of the museum in Varrock and do Orlando's mini-exam. Takes about 5 minutes for 1k Hunt/Slay xp

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco
Just came back after not logging in for months to find I have been banned for "Macroing Major" permanently? I bought the year long sub last year and promptly burned out. I have logged in maybe once in the past 6 months so I am pretty confused as the date of the infraction was a month ago. I have account guardian on and no new devices are listed and the account details / password haven't been changed. Checking the runeclan website (it shows me still in the clan so I figure it should be accurate) to see if someone had macroed up a skill or something shows nothing new with the last activity being just before I burned out a year ago: http://www.runeclan.com/user/Juanitor. Their website seems to indicate that they wont even talk to me about this so am I completely hosed?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

I'm loving this game already

Read
Dec 21, 2010

TheJanitor posted:

Just came back after not logging in for months to find I have been banned for "Macroing Major" permanently? I bought the year long sub last year and promptly burned out. I have logged in maybe once in the past 6 months so I am pretty confused as the date of the infraction was a month ago. I have account guardian on and no new devices are listed and the account details / password haven't been changed. Checking the runeclan website (it shows me still in the clan so I figure it should be accurate) to see if someone had macroed up a skill or something shows nothing new with the last activity being just before I burned out a year ago: http://www.runeclan.com/user/Juanitor. Their website seems to indicate that they wont even talk to me about this so am I completely hosed?

You're probably hosed, yeah. This kind of thing does sometimes get fixed when Jagex is in the wrong but very rarely and only when it gets a lot of attention.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Heh I wanted to give darkscape a go but jagex have dropped ubuntu support. A bit of a google later and I find out that the only way for me to play now is through the powerbot client! haha I don't think I'll bother but :downsbravo: jagex

e: grammar

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 17, 2015

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Someone should compile all of these noob tips for Darkscape.

Why in the gently caress do I feel like playing this? What is wrong with me?

We are all broken.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

ukrainius maximus posted:

Someone should compile all of these noob tips for Darkscape.

Why in the gently caress do I feel like playing this? What is wrong with me?

We are all broken.

Because it's a fresh start for everyone in a libertarians paradise where everybody can work themselves to the top and kill those who oppose you.
In theory. In reality it's a clusterfuck where a couple of dudes are trading millions of RS3 gold for a few K of DS gold and outside of /v/ wanting to take over Karamja, nobody cares about the economy control aspect, it's just a huge pvp clusterfuck. And that's fine too.

Good DarkScape noob tipzzz: Go do the circus (it's just north of lumby) and get free agility, ranged and magic levels and then do the Blood Pact for free starter weapons and go murder the world.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

no one dares gently caress with me any more

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Back and on Darkscape. Slaughtering pubbies and trolling them while they try to play has never been so amazing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thirteen years after I first started playing it, I finally became a member in OS Runescape. Any tips for obvious boosts or benefits I should be getting first?

Right now I'm training Agility because it seems like something that's universally useful. One thing I'd like to know is, if my membership runs out and I decide not to renew it, will the energy recovery bonus from Agility still apply if I'm a free member?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Is Goonclan on regular RS still alive or has everyone moved to Darkscape?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
We're still somewhat active. People have in general just kinda stopped chatting, or have gone back to school, but I still run the cit welfare system and I try to get on for a bit each day. I've got lots of other things going on that prevent me from running events and stuff, which I'm sure doesn't help, but at the same time, there's nobody to really take over, so it's just a matter of keeping the ship going.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Hey everyone, bonus XP weekend is starting this coming friday, so you'll probably want to hold off on citadel contributions til it starts on friday, and then make sure to do next week's the sunday after for max bonus xp in the citadel.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I was at a farm earlier today and thought of Runescape's Farmer Bob when I was at the chicken pen. Weirdest thing though - I was watching two hens see a baby chick off for a flying test, and they were saying, "g'luck g'luck!"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:catstare:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

I was at a farm earlier today and thought of Runescape's Farmer Bob when I was at the chicken pen. Weirdest thing though - I was watching two hens see a baby chick off for a flying test, and they were saying, "g'luck g'luck!"

Come play darkscape m'lady, so I can murder you every time you make a pun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I'm quite curious about this Darkscape thing, just how many people in this thread are playing it?