Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

He does, Kyon actually gets to have a pretty good time all things considered.

When everyone else has to worship the hot god, but the hot god worships you, things are actually probably not that bad

~~♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

his character song supports your view :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TthwZJfwtL0

aww, koizumi

of course even THIS could be an act :ssh:
he is awfully theatrical after all

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

He does, Kyon actually gets to have a pretty good time all things considered.

When everyone else has to worship the hot god, but the hot god worships you, things are actually probably not that bad

yeah I remember when I first saw the show I made a mental note like "haruhi is a show about a guy getting the most exquisite bj and he won't stop complaining about it"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Kytrarewn posted:

SuperKyon theory

yeah I don't wanna get into this too much (I'm just not that concerned with who's pulling the strings, although you make a good point about how it might change Kyon and Koizumi's dynamic) but expanding on my post above:

Haruhi is not the one whose secret desires are being fulfilled throughout this show. the character who fills that role is Kyon. that he doesn't realize this says a little bit about Kyon's character and a lot about the nature of desire.

of course Haruhi's desire on some level could be to draw in Kyon by creating a world that appeals to his hidden wishes, but again, in this specific case who is actually doing what and the mechanics of all that aren't very important to me.

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 16, 2015

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

yuki is a master typist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOwGMbWhxc

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

agdq guy nervously asks yuki to participate in their events. yuki says "I see. once in a while." agdq guy freaks out. cut to hare hare yukai

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

agdq guy nervously asks yuki to participate in their events. yuki says "I see. once in a while." agdq guy freaks out. cut to hare hare yukai

Lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

wherein kyon gets to be with yuki on the titanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2CWOXZNHKY&t=233s

this world withput translated haruhi games has left me in despair!

Linnaeus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 16, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nuts, I just remembered that a few weeks ago I committed to a social gathering this Friday evening. I'll have to watch Disappearance earlier in the day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't despair, I imagine the Haruhi games are probably bad.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I've had a day and a half to recover from the Endless Eight now. I thought I knew what I was getting into, but by the fourth episode I started to feel a little bit insane.

It was during the fireworks part of episode 6 that I had the epiphany of what would close the loop. My thoughts at the time were,

"It's not going to be Kyon just doing his homework. That's too obvious, and since September 1st doesn't exist, Haruhi doesn't know that he hasn't done it so that's not why she's looping time. It's not something inherently romantic. Kyon probably took Koizumi's 'I love you' advice at least a few times out of fifteen thousand and it didn't work, so that's out. The thing that is making Haruhi dissatisfied with her summer vacation can only be the last day of it, where she gives everyone else the day off and therefore probably spends her August 31st bored out of her mind with nothing to do. Kyon just needs to occupy her last day with anything more interesting than watching paint dry and she'll be satisfied."

I'm glad I was right, but then again coming to this conclusion made episode 7 hellish to watch. At least episode 8 gave me a brief mental break by making me laugh really hard when Mikuru's phone call was just a blubbering, incoherent mess. I liked the resolution, I'm glad I watched the whole thing, and I appreciate the act of trolling your audience harder than they ever would have anticipated, but I'm never watching EE again. I feel so drat bad for Nagato, and I can't believe Kyoani aired this without getting their offices firebombed by enraged otaku.

The first two Sigh episodes were such a relief to watch after that. Looking forward to tonight's, especially with everyone talking up this Koizumi stuff.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ee7 is just stressful regardless of where you're coming from.

it should be though, it makes the anti-anti-climax all the better

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 16, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sigh finale starts tonight at 7pm central!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I really like that you guys are doing this.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

skipping watching the gop debate with humans for this ( I know, gross, but polisci is a filthy hobby of mine ). anyway easy decision.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Amorphous Blob posted:

I really like that you guys are doing this.

I do too, it's been fun. I look forward to the Eva one. It'll be new to me (though I guess I know a lot of the plot just from osmosis).

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zas posted:

skipping watching the gop debate with humans for this ( I know, gross, but polisci is a filthy hobby of mine ). anyway easy decision.

I say this as someone who pays a lot of attention to politics: Easy. loving. Decision.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

haha they applied the haruhi-chan voices to the haruhi-chan manga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIKVgNRUFoM

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'd be totally down for an Eva simulwatch, gives me good reason to finally watch Rebuild 3 to finish it all off.

Haven't posted in here much, but I have been watching along most episodes and the show isn't just good for nostalgia reasons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got bad news for you, Rebuild 3 doesn't finish anything off and Anno is too busy making Godzilla to work on 4.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 17, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zedd posted:

I'd be totally down for an Eva simulwatch, gives me good reason to finally watch Rebuild 3 to finish it all off.

I've got some bad news...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I know 4 would take ages, but they seriously haven't released 3 in the west yet? :stare:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, official reason was that someone high up wasn't happy with the dub, but it's been so long now there's definitely something more going on.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i presume they're waiting for 4.0 and then will release both simultaneously theatrically and then everything all together in a big loving box that i can max out my credit card on

anyway watch rebuild 3 its the best one so far

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

hope you're ready for some drama

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Now for the next scene.

Of course, the answer is NO!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eeeeehhhhh....qqquuuuu

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ahahaha, I like that delivery. "Kyaaaaaah....kyuuuuuuu."

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Mikuru's acting is peerless.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

the amused crowd makes for some hilarious shots

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Haruhi, you're gonna get everyone arrested.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I wonder if Yuki actually needs to eat. Just how human is her body, anyway?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Taking pot shots at old men and fleeing the scene is just how Kurosawa filmed Rashamon.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HAPPY ENDO!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This music . Very ominous

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is very ominous music for what's happening.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also lots and lots of canted angles all of a sudden.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh. I see how this is gonna go wrong.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I love it. we're building to something, but what..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Never a lot of love for Taniguchi and Kunikida

• Locked thread