Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katka
Apr 18, 2008

:roboluv::h: :awesomelon: :h::roboluv:
Well I bought an Xbox one just for this game a few weeks ago and spent today playing it off and on. I've been having a great time. Tried to play some league races but everyone else seem to think the best way to take a turn is to go full speed into it and slam into me as I'm turning. Kinda of annoying but still fun trying to claw my way up from the back of the pack after getting spun out.

Hopefully I'll have some time to get to race with goons this time as I pretty much missed out on playing with you guys in Forza 3 and 4. Gamertag is katka if anyone wants to add me and throw me an invite to random races. I'm not very good buy I probably won't wreck into you on purpose (unless I've been drinking which is likely).

Also I got the Ford GT for playing the demo but the game hasn't given me the achievement for owning it and the Ford GT spec league is saying I don't own an eligible car. Is this a bug or do I need to buy another one?

katka fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

two_beer_bishes posted:

Excuse the lovely pic, but there was no way to lose this spin!

I got the 100k...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

sup veyron-on-first-spin bro.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Like just about every other racing game in existence? Could go back to older style games where it's win or lose?

Could also be like real life where every driver in the league races at the next race. Even if they DNF/DNS.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well, seems people haven't figured out how to drive straight yet in Forza 6. Here's 2 fun pics from the start line off of Bernese Alps...

I thought I was managing to squeeze through the nonsense and was going to be free and clear until the first turn... but...

Rear ended by someone and there I go up on my front bumper... At least my car was still facing in the right direction I guess...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Powershift posted:

my controller has developed a really loud rattle whenever the right trigger is rumbling.

build quality this gen is absolutely loving terrible. i have a 360 controller that's been worn smooth from 6+ years of heavy use.

Both of mine had that from day one. I thought that's how they were supposed to be.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well, seems people haven't figured out how to drive straight yet in Forza 6. Here's 2 fun pics from the start line off of Bernese Alps...

There was a good video on reddit today showing the standard MP lobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoWGyj1-9Q

Can't believe everyones getting these good spins, the only time i've hit the middle was finishing one of the career campaigns which was a 100k car, the rest of my spins have been those 150k mod packs :sigh:

two_beer_bishes posted:

Excuse the lovely pic, but there was no way to lose this spin!

You know you can press the xbox button twice and then X to take a screenshot yeah? :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Both of mine had that from day one. I thought that's how they were supposed to be.

mine was nice and quiet. :(

i think i'm going to take it apart and solidify everything in there. while it's apart i'll sand down the god drat sharp edges along the inside of the triggers.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Here's a post with content.

Here's what I'm bringing tomorrow night

This video features a rear wheel drive car. Look at the rear wheels driving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOBf99UkuE

And here is what happens when I drive on the Nurburgring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGaQFw7yoE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GutBomb posted:

And here is what happens when I drive on the Nurburgring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGaQFw7yoE

"limit aggression" should be the default setting, with the alternative being "bumper cars"

i have limit aggression on and still occasionally get divebombed in some corners.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
What's our theme tomorrow?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
lobbies with collision enabled are loving gay

"you passed me? how loving dare you! enjoy this pit maneuver, human being! :argh:" - typical pub player

either they pit you or they ram into you at full speed in the next corner

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
Anyone have tips for surviving a multiplayer lobby as a clean racer?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SmokeyXIII posted:

What's our theme tomorrow?

Formula E. I made a thread for GRC. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740328

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SmokeyXIII posted:

Be patient and have some luck. If you can get in the top 5 early, focus on getting away from the back of the field instead of racing hard for first. Last lap go for positions. Mostly is luck getting through the first turn with 24 cars.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

SmokeyXIII posted:

Take the first corner as far away from the "racing line" and as far inside as possible (even if you're on the grass). If you're at the back of the pack hang back and then make your way through after the chaos has happened.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

hanyolo posted:

You know you can press the xbox button twice and then X to take a screenshot yeah? :v:

I do now, thanks!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hey two_beer_bishes, tell your Drivatar to kindly gently caress the hell off.

Evidence of foul play

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Good night, good racers (and you). See ya soon!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

1951-2001 LEGENDS NEVER DAAAAAAH

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

1951-2001 LEGENDS NEVER DAAAAAAH

*slams into wall*

*game deletes itself*

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I don't think I'll be on before 11, and I am not sure what the electric cars are filed under. I have only got a few cars, but I do hope to get some racing in with you guys tonight.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

burtonos posted:

I don't think I'll be on before 11, and I am not sure what the electric cars are filed under. I have only got a few cars, but I do hope to get some racing in with you guys tonight.

Formula E has its own manufacturer listing. Pretty sure all the cars are identical aside from liveries.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
We'll be doing dice or general loving around after. The points races should be over around 11:15 at the latest.

:siren: Tonight :siren:

Stock Formula E Cars (tuning is allowed, upgrades are not)

We will be running the Formula E cars at Brands Hatch Indy - 20 laps (Conditions determined by dice), Watkins Glen Short - 16 laps, and Circuit of the Americas East - 22 laps.

Here's the spreadsheet. Add yourself if you're not already there, check the standings, and check out this season's upcoming events.

See the GRC thread for more info.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740328

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 16, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I think you had mentioned before you are going to be forcing all assists, including driving line, off, is that correct? But steering left to normal? And damage will be set to simulation, correct?

Just checking, and pointing this out, since there are surely going to be some new participants.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I think you had mentioned before you are going to be forcing all assists, including driving line, off, is that correct? But steering left to normal? And damage will be set to simulation, correct?

Just checking, and pointing this out, since there are surely going to be some new participants.

All assists allowed, I will be forcing the driving line off though.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Haven't been able to connect to multiplayer since getting the game yesterday afternoon. "Multiplayer is currently unavailable. Please try again later." Anyone else getting it? Or do I have to gently caress with forwarding ports and changing NAT settings to get the game to work properly.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Haven't been able to connect to multiplayer since getting the game yesterday afternoon. "Multiplayer is currently unavailable. Please try again later." Anyone else getting it? Or do I have to gently caress with forwarding ports and changing NAT settings to get the game to work properly.

I've had that issue since early release last week. So far the only response from T10 is "We're looking into it."

What I would be bringing tonight if my multiplayer worked.

Prettypanda fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 16, 2015

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
My xbone was not letting me online, I unplugged it and the modem and router, that fixed my onlineability problem.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Apparently having any kind of mod equipped, even the dares, will cause your lap time to be provisional. I could be wrong on this, but after experimenting I'm pretty sure this is the case. They're useful for those credit boosts but don't forget to remove them when doing rivals events, etc.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Zinjnok posted:

I've had that issue since early release last week. So far the only response from T10 is "We're looking into it."

Perhaps online might work if you get invites, instead of using matchmaking? Not sure how it works.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Perhaps online might work if you get invites, instead of using matchmaking? Not sure how it works.

we tried it

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zinjnok posted:

That's the same pattern of socks I'm wearing today.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Got my Thrustmaster TX! Updated the firmaware and mounted it.

What kinda advanced wheel settings are you guys rocking?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

ArthurDent posted:

Apparently having any kind of mod equipped, even the dares, will cause your lap time to be provisional. I could be wrong on this, but after experimenting I'm pretty sure this is the case. They're useful for those credit boosts but don't forget to remove them when doing rivals events, etc.

That's true about your laps being dirty automatically if you have any mods equipped, but doing rivals or anything online removes your mods, so you don't have to.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

Hey two_beer_bishes, tell your Drivatar to kindly gently caress the hell off.

Evidence of foul play

Oh poo poo! What a dick!

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

BCRock posted:

That's true about your laps being dirty automatically if you have any mods equipped, but doing rivals or anything online removes your mods, so you don't have to.

Okay, I realized after I posted this rivals mode probably removed mods but thanks for confirming.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
The AI racers are all over the loving board. I went up a tick on the difficulty cause I was winning by miles, and now I'm still almost winning by miles, but a singular car is cleaning my loving CLOCK - like winning by 10sec over me in 2nd and beating the field by 15-20sec. It's madness. I wish I had a video of the last race cause it looked mindbending.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm pretty sure turning agression off makes them worse in corner 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Norns posted:

Got my Thrustmaster TX! Updated the firmaware and mounted it.

What kinda advanced wheel settings are you guys rocking?

I turned down the force feedback to 80% I don't want to break my hand and it helps my hands not cramp to quickly. Everything else for me is as-is.

• Locked thread