Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

LostRook posted:

Seemed more like dumbfounded to me. It's a terrible, terrible move.

Oh it was terrible move, it showed how much Austin will do now to ensure she won't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Steve has to scumbag Vanessa now.
DO IT you awkward virgin!

Keep JM or Liz off the block and they'll both send her rear end out if either has the POV.

This is the week where POV is the most important role.
Steve is guaranteed F3 and so is the POV winner.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

rafington posted:

I feel like she can still win vs John if the jury isn't super bitter. And though no one hates Liz, no one really made close connections with her either, so she really only has 2 guaranteed votes. I don't see how she beats Steve though.

I haven't thought over the different final 3/4 scenarios too much, but aren't her odds of making it to the finals way, way higher now?

Steve was laughing at the camera saying he will take her out next week when he learned Austin was going. So no.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I think Vanessa played the second best game after Austin, but I really don't want to see her win because her tactics were pretty ugly with the crying and confrontation. If it was giant tattooed Austin getting offended, angry and upset any time someone said something he didn't want to hear it would be bullying.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It is Vanessa's hypocrisy that irks me personally. If it were a game move it would be one thing, but she seems to honestly believe she is the most loyal and honest person in the house.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Eltoasto posted:

Steve was laughing at the camera saying he will take her out next week when he learned Austin was going. So no.

Even with that tie break?

I also agree that her best move at this point is to say 'yep I'm an rear end in a top hat' at the finals.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

LostRook posted:

It is Vanessa's hypocrisy that irks me personally. If it were a game move it would be one thing, but she seems to honestly believe she is the most loyal and honest person in the house.
And Austin will make absolutely sure that is brought up by someone (if not himself) when the Jury Questions happen if she is surprisingly still in the house next week.

Vanessa did not need the HOH this week at all. She hosed her game up sideways by doing so and Johnny Mac made sure of it.

edit: RHAP might be pretty entertaining tonight. It starts in a couple of minutes.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 16, 2015

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, I hope to see Vanessa out the door because her antics are ridiculous. Including her breakdown in the diary room being angry about her target "for legitimate reasons" won the PoV, what horrors.

Austin played a great game and to be honest, it really sucks that he was sent home this way, especially by Vanessa. He was actually very loyal to her this whole season and dealt with all her bullshit paranoia. I swear, if she busts out the "I was super loyal to everyone" thing again I'll blow a fuse.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Vanessa was all set to evict Steve and only started wanting to take out Austin after the Staples center visit. I think someone recognized her (or at least recognized Frankie) and she overheard a fan say something negative about Austin, I really do.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Clocks posted:

Austin played a great game and to be honest, it really sucks that he was sent home this way, especially by Vanessa. He was actually very loyal to her this whole season and dealt with all her bullshit paranoia. I swear, if she busts out the "I was super loyal to everyone" thing again I'll blow a fuse.

Really, really true. My favorite of the Andy the Rat moves was when he pretended to have been loyal to Gina Marie from the beginning - truly brilliant imo - but Vanessa has nothing like that to fall back on.

I hope they show a lot of jury footage if Vanessa goes home tomorrow.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I don't especially love or hate Austin (lean slightly towards dislike), but I did think it was hilarious to see him leave like that and I would hope that after he calms down a bit Austin will appreciate that moment for the great TV that it was.

So what do we think will happen depending on who wins veto? If Vanessa wins she probably takes out Liz, but the others are wildcards. There were a lot of indications this episode that Steve and John want Vanessa out, but I wonder if after that blindside they'll convince themselves that she's actually a goat to drag to the end. Similarly, if Liz wins, does she get revenge and vote out Vanessa, or break up the duo of John and Steve? Should be a great episode tomorrow, and I hope we get another blindside out of it!

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

bbf2 posted:

Vanessa was all set to evict Steve and only started wanting to take out Austin after the Staples center visit. I think someone recognized her (or at least recognized Frankie) and she overheard a fan say something negative about Austin, I really do.

I think she just didn't trust that he'd do anything else for her in the game, which he might not have. That aggressive player in her always goes after survival at the end of the day.

Blindsiding him was flat out dumb though. She just threw his jury vote out the window.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spiky Ooze posted:

I think she just didn't trust that he'd do anything else for her in the game, which he might not have. That aggressive player in her always goes after survival at the end of the day.

Blindsiding him was flat out dumb though. She just threw his jury vote out the window.

That's the problem there. He almost certainly comes with two other votes. Julia is kind of iffy, I guess. Maybe Vanessa can tell her to vote for her before the finale and she'll just do it but it's unlikely. Vanessa's only chance at winning the game was to end up in the final two against Steve or Jmac without scumbagging the Austwins.

Austin's going to have to really come around for her to have a shot at winning. It was simply the wrong move. I'm pretty sure she's the third wheel to either showmance, Steve/Jmac aren't breaking up for her any more than Liz and Austin are; in my opinion anyway.

I wanted Austin to win and I feel really bad for him because he was fully expecting a mostly logical player to not make a totally illogical decision.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I think the second she won HOH this week she was screwed. Austin and Liz, on paper, are just a stronger duo than Steve and JMac. She took a risk. I think Austin, a superfan, has a shot at calming down. I wouldn't count V out, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Vanessa was screwed by winning HOH. I think it was probably a mistake, but she still didn't have to be screwed by it. It just forced her to pick a side.

But of course in typical Vanessa fashion she picked a side, pissed off the other side, and then changed her mind and picked the other side pissing off everyone in the house. There were probably a dozen ways she could have handled this HOH that all had risk and blowback but that was absolutely the worst way.

Savahontas posted:

Really, really true. My favorite of the Andy the Rat moves was when he pretended to have been loyal to Gina Marie from the beginning - truly brilliant imo - but Vanessa has nothing like that to fall back on.
Vanessa actually formed a F2 with Steve way back in Week 2. It had a name and everything. SOS - Students of Sound. It was pure bullshit but if she ends up at F2 with Steve you can bet she'll invoke it.

And if she's sitting next to Liz she'll talk about how she had Liz's back in Week 1 and Julia "came out" to her and she's always backed up the Twins.

She'll probably even spin something about Johnny. It will all be bullshit and the person sitting next to her will look at her like she's insane and probably counter it, unlike GM who didn't know which way was up.

I do want Vanessa at F2 just because I want to see her face the music. Does she just come clean and admit she played one of the dirtiest games ever and ask them to respect it? Or does she keep up with the "loyal and integrity" bullshit and cry? Its times like this it sucks there's no true Jury questioning because you know if this was Survivor they'd rake her over the coals. But I'm sure she'll get 1 or 2 pointed questions especially from Austin or Shelli and she'll probably have to come clean to win any respect and avoid a bitter jury.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Clocks posted:

Austin played a great game and to be honest, it really sucks that he was sent home this way, especially by Vanessa.
Oh no, it was the right thing by cat lady logic, because you see Austin puppeteered Liz via EVIL digit manipulations and quasi date rape strategery.

Let's not even go into the fact that this season was possibly the most sober judge season ever. Austin is still a straight up rapist. It's a fact! Or so someone will break down and prove (or not). I'd lean more toward the not but the label will still reside forever and ever, amen.

Austin's battle of public opinion means gently caress-all until he's released to the hounds after finale night where he'll learn he's rated somewhere along the ranks of Ronnie The Rat and BB6 Maggie.

That'll crush the dude and I think it's completely unwarranted but then again I didn't appear on BB as a springboard to advance a shaky entertainment career.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

fallin1 posted:

She thinks she can beat Steve, that's the whole reason she did it. Since Julia is gone, Steve is now her goat.

LostRook posted:

I think Steve will want to vote her out to send a message. She's also a challenge threat, so they might be taking that into consideration.

Liz has Austin pulling for her in the Jury. I'm pretty sure he can sway Meg and James without any issue, and probably more.

As I said in the feeds thread Vanessa can only win against Liz otherwise she can't get the votes. Austin can turn maybe a few people in the house but you don't want a 3 person voting blocking that only needs 2 people to screw you sitting in the jury house.

Austin's going to get crushed by the cat ladies hate especially as he's such a big fan of the show.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Shelli is cool. "Judas" isn't going to change anyone's minds.

Second in the HOH, second in the veto challenge, tough break for JMac.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 17, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Ahaha. Welp, all the floater lovers have stopped watching.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Props for the Halo line Johnny Mac. The final 3's confused "Wha? Something about the Arbiter?" is hilarious.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My guess is that Vanessa will convince Liz to take Vanessa to the final 2, if Liz wins the HOH. Vanessa will want to go to the end against Steve, since Liz has 2 automatic jury votes already.

Steve apparently doesn't want to go to the end against Vanessa, although Vanessa might be able to talk him into taking her. I'm not sure if she can succeed.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I was definitely not expecting one of the final episodes of this season to have a segment in which people talked about the deuteragonist of Halo 2

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

Props for the Halo line Johnny Mac. The final 3's confused "Wha? Something about the Arbiter?" is hilarious.

What was the line? I couldn't understand him either.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm thinking I might be done with Big Brother after this season. It's just gotten stale and repetitive. The episodes themselves drag on and on.

geera
May 20, 2003

blue squares posted:

I'm thinking I might be done with Big Brother after this season. It's just gotten stale and repetitive. The episodes themselves drag on and on.
It does seem like they're stretching to fill 3 episodes every week. Especially once the BotB is over, they've lost a competition to show and Sunday night in particular is a drag. The have-nots punishment has been way less of a thing this season, maybe they should bring that competition back just to have more material for TV.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

violetdragon posted:

What was the line? I couldn't understand him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIrI4FJZ0A&t=235s

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

blue squares posted:

geera posted:

It does seem like they're stretching to fill 3 episodes every week. Especially once the BotB is over, they've lost a competition to show and Sunday night in particular is a drag. The have-nots punishment has been way less of a thing this season, maybe they should bring that competition back just to have more material for TV.

Big Brother is the same as always, you've just gotten bored with it after 17 seasons. Of course it's repetitive, they can introduce new twists, but the basic formula has to stay the same or it isn't the same show.

The have-nots were a waste of time, nobody loving cared who was eating good food and who wasn't.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
They really need to up the torture level or show more of the random fights during the week. Yes it dies down at the end of the season but the first 8 weeks is pretty crazy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always get bored with it by this point of the season. I haven't watched Wednesday's episode yet and haven't turned on the feeds since before that. It just gets way less fun when the numbers dwindle and you can only stay into it for so long. This is the point where I realize I wasted too much of my summer on it and I start to waste too much of my fall on sports or new shows.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's been an extra long season and now it feels like they're needlessly dragging out the conclusion.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Yeah, I'd be okay if, when they got down to 6 people, they quickly burned through the rest of the season in a week and a half.

Does the show still do well in the ratings when it gets to this point? I assume someone here knows.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
It's that time of the season when I re-state that the producers should seriously think about throwing the jury back into the house after the final three is decided. Eliminate their chance to win the big money, but offer some sort of $1,000 a day or luxury comps.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Teek posted:

It's that time of the season when I re-state that the producers should seriously think about throwing the jury back into the house after the final three is decided. Eliminate their chance to win the big money, but offer some sort of $1,000 a day or luxury comps.

That would ruin the last tiny chance of anything resembling an impartial jury awarding the best player the win

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Well they could just run comps in the jury house and send like two actual cameramen to follow them. I mean why not they still have them sequestered anyway. And it would honestly make sense with how little game there is to show with less amounts of people.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
When it comes down to it, wouldn't a jury who actually sees what's going on be able to make a better decision? Fundamentally it seems to be a crap shoot either way. Keeping them separated from the process would certainly avoid harassment though, which I think could be a huge problem.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Teek posted:

When it comes down to it, wouldn't a jury who actually sees what's going on be able to make a better decision? Fundamentally it seems to be a crap shoot either way. Keeping them separated from the process would certainly avoid harassment though, which I think could be a huge problem.

This might conflict with my previous post, I admit, but I'm just posting my thoughts as they occur:
No, the jury is not supposed to know everything that has gone on. One of the skills in winning is jury management. To win, one should control what information the jury does and does not have access to. Ideally, you want every jury member to get voted out while thinking you had their back.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

blue squares posted:

This might conflict with my previous post, I admit, but I'm just posting my thoughts as they occur:
No, the jury is not supposed to know everything that has gone on. One of the skills in winning is jury management. To win, one should control what information the jury does and does not have access to. Ideally, you want every jury member to get voted out while thinking you had their back.

Right, and then at least half of the jurors who follow will be all too happy to tell them what bullshit that is. It's only slightly more tactful than Vanessa's game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd actually say that IS Vanessa's game, although she failed at it. She went out of her way all season to convince everyone she was innocent at all times and had nothing to do with any of their evictions. That MIGHT keep them happy until they get out the door but then once they hit jury (or just find out the truth in the house) they get angry and bitter that Vanessa was so fake and manipulative. Vanessa was more concerned with managing the face-to-face drama in the house and did it all at the neglect of jury management. Compare that to a Derrick. Everyone in the jury KNEW he was running poo poo, was playing all sides, and had a lot to do with them being eliminated. They were informed enough to know he deserved the win. But he did a great job managing them so none of them (except maybe Donny) were bitter and angry by it. Jury management isn't about tricking people into not knowing you were involved with their eviction, its about making them at peace with it.

Putting the jurors back in the house for a few days is an interesting idea. As long as you're down to F2-3 I think it might work. The game is mostly over except jury management at that stage, so why not make the game all about jury management? I'd prefer if they just went back to the old way where the Jury gets an extended sit down with F2. Maybe even have them do it one day and then come back a day later so the finalists have a chance to process how the jury reacted to them and adapt. I know they want the interest if deciding the F2 live on Finale night but it would make for a more satisfying end to me to see someone like Vanessa really get a chance to either sell herself to the jury or get eaten alive.

Instead we'll just see Dr. Will or Derrick or someone argue on her behalf.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 19, 2015

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
They couldn't even iron the table cloths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Ah man, I was hoping they would show the time Clay hosed with Vanessa by telling her he was a twin too. She was honestly sure he was telling the truth for a good awhile that day and still doubted him when he told her he was kidding.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 21, 2015

• Locked thread