Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Keyboard > "Show Lowercase Keys"

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

got purify. its better than crystal imo and its faster than it too according to the purify developer

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I got crystal since it's free now and I'll wait for someone to do a comparison article before I pay for one

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lets check out some reviews of apple's first (non beats) android app on the play store

Why is there not an option to give -ve stars! They could have at least followed the Android design patterns. I hope this app gets kicked out of the Play Store soon. #HatedIt

Poor functionality I attempted to switch to ios (apparently zombies ate my brain) and my iPhone 3G would not accept my data. Also, my micro USB would not fit.

Avoid at all costs I installed this app and on the same day my neighbour was hit by a bus on the main road. Coincidence? I don't think so. Uninstalled.

Apple is a fad and I can't wait for it to crash and burn Hey Tim, I really hope you have your retirement plan already because I don't think Apple will survive any longer with the "innovation" you're pumping out. What I'm trying to say is, an hero Tim Cook, an hero.

i was going to copy more but theyre more boring than i thought they would be

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 16, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Last Chance posted:

lets check out some reviews of apple's first (non beats) android app on the play store

Why is there not an option to give -ve stars! They could have at least followed the Android design patterns. I hope this app gets kicked out of the Play Store soon. #HatedIt

Poor functionality I attempted to switch to ios (apparently zombies ate my brain) and my iPhone 3G would not accept my data. Also, my micro USB would not fit.

Avoid at all costs I installed this app and on the same day my neighbour was hit by a bus on the main road. Coincidence? I don't think so. Uninstalled.

Apple is a fad and I can't wait for it to crash and burn Hey Tim, I really hope you have your retirement plan already because I don't think Apple will survive any longer with the "innovation" you're pumping out. What I'm trying to say is, an hero Tim Cook, an hero.

Dear apple The reason I went from ios to Android is because Google put all there apps on ios to use. I became so invested in there ecosystem at that point that it just worked better to have an android phone. Do the same thing (make the default apps for Android with an apple id login) and people might move back.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Last Chance posted:

Hey Tim, I really hope you have your retirement plan already because I don't think Apple will survive any longer with the "innovation" you're pumping out

yeah idk man i think he just cashed out $500MM stock recently i think he'll be okay

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh

forums user marco has an ad blocker with ghostery's database

i guess that's the one i'm using

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol marco

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

dont get marco's app. the purify guy maintains ublock (not ublock origin) and the rules he made for purify are custom and not made from easylist (which everyone else just converts to the content blocker format) which is why his is faster. marco is trying to cash in on his audience but it will probably be a neglected app cause he doesnt have to do any work to maintain it really

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

"powered by ghostery" lol

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cremnob posted:

"powered by ghostery" lol

Until the C&D comes anyway

vvv Then they're as stupid as he is, lol vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 17, 2015

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nah he made a business deal with them to split the money lol

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

when the guy that maintains ublock took over he made it look like he created it and that seems mean why would i support him financially

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Tim, you've done it again

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol

only gonna go up from here

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the verge actually loads pretty quick in safari now without all the ads

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

apparently you can get the news app in canada. my dad updated his iphone and the news app appeared after the update. i wonder if its because he had cnn, bloomberg, wsj, and a bunch of other news apps already on his phone.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

is the news app any different from an rss feed?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how is this update going so poorly compared to last year

like wouldn't their CDN improve not get worse

or are a lot more people downloading it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Triglav posted:

is the news app any different from an rss feed?
i think its basically the same idea. its just that publishers have the ability to stick ads into the feed.

PleasureKevin posted:

my updates and everyone else I know seemed to go smoothly. between 4 and 10 minutes to download ios 9

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
remember those prestige apps that just displayed a gem or something and cost $$$$$

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Apollo posted:

i think its basically the same idea. its just that publishers have the ability to stick ads into the feed.
my updates and everyone else I know seemed to go smoothly. between 4 and 10 minutes to download ios 9

between 3 and 12 hours here. none have completed and i've been trying all day.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

PleasureKevin posted:

between 3 and 12 hours here. none have completed and i've been trying all day.
thats insane

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Apollo posted:

thats insane

yeah and that's using my iPhone directly, iTunes and direct from Apple's download URL on my mac.

the iPhone one has sped up significantly in the past hour and now says 10 minutes left but we'll see about that.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

why rush the update gates? tim will send you a popup when he wants you to update

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

very interesting. please keep us updated on the situation as it develops.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I had some issues trying to update my phone OTA this morning but it eventually worked

updating iPad at home took about 2 minutes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my
iPad is already complete and doesn't need any more updates

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
also xcode 7 came out and it refused to update for a while

but it's all good now

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol i like how marco got hosed cause of the app store propagation taking long and everyone else getting crystal or purify so he's missed a lot of sales from ppl looking to try it. that's why hes complaining about apple's services on atp right now lol

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

whats it like shadowing someone you dislike

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

you have to get through marco talking about himself to hear siracusa

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the new font is great, content blocking is great, new multitasker is great. thanks tim

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

cremnob posted:

lol i like how marco got hosed cause of the app store propagation taking long and everyone else getting crystal or purify so he's missed a lot of sales from ppl looking to try it. that's why hes complaining about apple's services on atp right now lol

I'm sure he's :qq: af

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
marco is a whiny bitch idiot and possibly a mailbox head

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm sure he's :qq: af

the marco fanboys are a huge constituency

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

every android dweeb is rating the move to ios app 1 star and ranting about it in the reviews lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

everything about apple is slowly getting worse

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Last Chance posted:

Sean Zatorsky September 16, 2015
Like anyone is really using this My phone got really warm installing this. Immediately uninstalled due to fear of a fire. #applefail

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

holy poo poo purify on my iPad makes the forums useable

• Locked thread