Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

You can be any race and practice islamophobia.

I know that, but a lot of people use the term racist when facing any argument against a muslim.

Here's a photo of some refugees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

spacetoaster posted:

I know that, but a lot of people use the term racist when facing any argument against a muslim.

Here's a photo of some refugees.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Oberleutnant posted:

Full Anime Communism Now imo

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

loving hell; doesn't CNN employ editors?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The US appears to be a deliberate experiment to see what happens if you put everyone at the wrong end of the bell curve in charge of everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FADzuOIW-Tg

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Bomb detonators:

Not a bomb: (it has no explosive in it)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Armyman25 posted:

Bomb detonators:

better arrest every student with a watch or a cell phone! all potential detonators!

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

better arrest every student with a watch and a cell phone! all potential detonators!

Well, if they're stripped down to the circuit board and attached by wires, I'd say it was justified.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wasn't this a GBS thread?

e:

Armyman25 posted:

Well, if they're stripped down to the circuit board and attached by wires, I'd say it was justified.

Unless it's a power out alert system.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 17, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 17, 2015

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Armyman25 posted:

I agree. this kind of scene has no place in a high school engineer class. call the cops!

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

I agree. this kind of scene has no place in a high school engineer class. call the cops!

Why yes, a student making something at home and carrying it into school in back pack is much different than making something under classroom conditions with the direct supervision of the instructor. A good post.

Thanks for proving my point on how much they look alike. So, better safe than sorry.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
That's a whole lotta pictures just to prove you don't hate muslims

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

are people itt really defending the overreaction of the school and police? and glossing over how much racism and cultural bias exists? and that more terrorists in america are domestic whities?

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Unless posted:

are people itt really defending the overreaction of the school and police? and glossing over how much racism and cultural bias exists? and that more terrorists in america are domestic whities?

what the gently caress is wrong with you

I'm responding to all the people who are acting like what he made didn't look like a bomb or bomb components by posting pictures of actual home made detonators and bombs that look like what he made.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Armyman25 posted:

I'm responding to all the people who are acting like what he made didn't look like a bomb or bomb components by posting pictures of actual home made detonators and bombs that look like what he made.

yeah i get the ignorance about electronics, explosives, law, and the nature of human beings you're demonstrating with racist undertones, but he wasn't making a bomb and what he's been put through is hosed up. knock it off.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Unless posted:

yeah i get the ignorance about electronics, explosives, law, and the nature of human beings you're demonstrating with racist undertones, but he wasn't making a bomb and what he's been put through is hosed up. knock it off.

What he made looks similar to a home made bomb though and it's disingenuous the way people are playing it off like it doesn't.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Good job trying to make it seem like a reasonable reaction while avoiding the fact that they didn't evacuate the school.

Rugoberta Munchu fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 17, 2015

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Armyman25 posted:

What he made looks similar to a home made bomb though and it's disingenuous the way people are playing it off like it doesn't.

He wasn't arrested for making a bomb

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Exclamation Marx posted:

He wasn't arrested for making a bomb

Just a "hoax bomb."

A Swedish forensic technician with the International Assistance Force in Kabul examined a detonator from an unexploded Improvised Explosive Device, or IED.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Armyman25 posted:

Just a "hoax bomb."

A Swedish forensic technician with the International Assistance Force in Kabul examined a detonator from an unexploded Improvised Explosive Device, or IED.

He always maintained that it was a clock and not a bomb, which raises the question if a hoax bomb can exist without a hoax.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Good thing he didn't bring a gaming computer to school otherwise people would be claiming it looks just like a suitcase nuke.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Armyman25 posted:

this is stupid because those are detonators not bombs. Also, given that you can put those things inside pretty much anything and so anything could look like a bomb, it basically becomes a judgment call based on ignorance and, despite your protests, posing great potential for profiling

iawtp

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm no ordinance expert but I know that circuit boards are not inherently dangerous. I assume that any police department in our post 9/11 world has put their officers through a basic explosive identification PowerPoint and should know better. This is a hosed up situation.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS0GgkE0Y7c

Beastie posted:

I'm no ordinance expert but I know that circuit boards are not inherently dangerous. I assume that any police department in our post 9/11 world has put their officers through a basic explosive identification PowerPoint and should know better. This is a hosed up situation.

hahaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_bomb_scare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11agOrR4wvk

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFyPZdPAO0

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

“We are tolerant towards other races. We allow them to get education and earn a living here. What is wrong in being racist when we are not cruel to others?” Ketereh MP Tan Sri Annuar Musa, one of the rally organisers said. He added that rally participants had been paid to attend but said he felt that there was nothing wrong with it.

elloell

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Armyman25 posted:

Just a "hoax bomb."

in what ways is suburban dallas similar to kabul?

it is pretty amazing though that republicans who constantly whine about participation trophies and the pussification of america are wetting themselves over a high schooler's extra credit science fair project just because they can't tell a television bomb from a real bomb

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Before the case got mass media and social media attention, the police were still considering pressing charges for a hoax bomb the day after the fact, which is pretty impressively stupid when the creator never made any claims of having built a bomb and maintained that it was a clock all along.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Armyman25 posted:

Thanks for proving my point on how much they look alike. So, better safe than sorry.
Except for the presence of any explosives, which is the operative difference between 'things that are bombs' and 'things that are not bombs'.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it is pretty amazing though that republicans who constantly whine about participation trophies and the pussification of america are wetting themselves over a high schooler's extra credit science fair project just because they can't tell a television bomb from a real bomb

Dekenai
Mar 11, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Except for the presence of any explosives, which is the operative difference between 'things that are bombs' and 'things that are not bombs'.

Chicken looks like it's cosplaying the Enterprise

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
None of your name's are armyman 1 thru 24; so forgive me if I have a little more faith in him than your non-armyman perspective about bombs.

:911:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bad-rear end rear end

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Dekenai posted:

Chicken looks like it's cosplaying the Enterprise

fuckin love that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Four Lions is basically perfect. The ending was crushing.

Donald Trump and videogames, http://trumpgames.tumblr.com/, two great tastes that taste great together

• Locked thread