Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Boy, I'm looking forward to Disappearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I guess the scene does happen (or get implied) in sigh in terms of the LN's, but it's weird they put it at the end instead of the beginning...

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It's weird, I have a really clear memory of the "I'm gonna tell her about Aliens, Time Travelers and Espers" scene but I can't connect it to Melancholy, I always just associate it with the end of the school year. Guess that means I better watch again

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

It's weird, I have a really clear memory of the "I'm gonna tell her about Aliens, Time Travelers and Espers" scene but I can't connect it to Melancholy, I always just associate it with the end of the school year. Guess that means I better watch again

:D

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Boy, I'm looking forward to Disappearance.

Me tooooo, I can't wait!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'll probably miss most of Disappearance because of a flight, but at least I know what I'll be doing on the plane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

Its because its the last line of S1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cannot wait for friday, and I have confirmed today that my schedule is free.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

In Training posted:

Its because its the last line of S1.

Yeah basically. He tells her at the beginning of Sighs in the book.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

here's the phone wallpaper i've been using for the past five years if anyone wants it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here is a wonderful moment to return to now that the series has wrapped up:

From Episode 00. Knowing whats happened since, this simple shot speaks volumes. Actually, for anyone who has time before Disappearance I would suggest giving Episode 00 and Someday in the Rain a rewatch, before the grand finale.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some nice shots from the last episodes of Sigh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And moments where we remember that Haruhi is, at the end of the day, still just a 16 year old girl with a crush:

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i hope everyone is hype to watch the best movie of the 21st century so far

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

From Episode 00. Knowing whats happened since, this simple shot speaks volumes. Actually, for anyone who has time before Disappearance I would suggest giving Episode 00 and Someday in the Rain a rewatch, before the grand finale.

everyone should watch the entire series in chronological order from beginning to end within the next 48 hours or i will kick their asses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

everyone should watch the entire series in chronological order from beginning to end within the next 48 hours or i will kick their asses

Lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

they've all got their own special teacups

kyon...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I had a Blu Ray drive and the knowledge of how to make a torrent or whatever, I would share the Blu Ray special features with everybody because they're really neat

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Radio Spiricom posted:

I kinda need to after I made that chronology error lol

But in all seriousness chronological order is pretty cool. Pacing is a little unorthodox but hell its great

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Well, I got my computer back from the shop, so I can watch Haruhi again. I don't think I have time to simulwatch Haruhi again, but I'll be sure to liveblog the Endless Eight when I get around to it.

e: actually, I could just jump to Disappearance after skipping everything else, but w/e.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

That one second is soooooo good

I'm past posting but holy gently caress it says so much in such a short time

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

Whoa. Perfect shot right from the very beginning and I completely whiffed on it. That's fantastic.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Right, Kyon?!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Agronox posted:

Right, Kyon?!

exactly

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

haha I never got a good look at his face in that shot

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

very poignant itsuki

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also, please compare and contrast:

quote:

Kyon: "Here's another option for us to consider, we could knock Haruhi out cold and wake up after the festival's over."

Koizumi: "That's a frightening thought to consider, but if you're prepared to take responsibility for the outcome, I wouldn't get in your way."

VS.

quote:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm running way behind, but that moment definitely has to be the low point for Kyon and Haruhi's respective characters. It's also where for a little bit that bond of trust between the two is severely frayed on both sides; the show points it out from Haruhi's end (Kyon won't support her on this hosed up move and puts his foot down hard, where up to this point she believed he had her back on everything), but it's there for Kyon, too. Up to this point, like in Remote Island Syndrome, Kyon thought there were limits to how far Haruhi would take things, especially when a person's well-being was involved, and well, she just up and drugged one of her friends, and with something a lot stronger than sake in the light novels, too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kinda have to wonder how poo poo would have gone down if Kyon had actually slugged Haruhi there. Even leaving aside supernatural goddess-powers, Haruhi probably wouldn't have responded well.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also, please compare and contrast:

VS.

yeah that's a good catch there

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kinda have to wonder how poo poo would have gone down if Kyon had actually slugged Haruhi there. Even leaving aside supernatural goddess-powers, Haruhi probably wouldn't have responded well.

I would to see an episode that dealt with that hypothetical (hopefully with a not destroyed universe resolution)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I like this but Kyon's gaze is creepin me out just a little

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure I can see the entire plot of the movie plastered on the faces of 3 characters in this and it's unreal

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I bet even the Kyoani people were stunned at how good witch Yuki turned out.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

If I had a Blu Ray drive and the knowledge of how to make a torrent or whatever, I would share the Blu Ray special features with everybody because they're really neat

i envy you

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Well I didn't expect to like Sigh very much because I wasn't such a fan of episode 00, but part 1 was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

i envy you

There's footage of on location filming, a short piece of how they recorded and arranged the music, the aforementioned Q&A, trailers and some other stuff. The coolest is the on location material. Pretty much everything in the show and film has a real world counterpart. The clock which we saw so many times during EE and the rest of the show was going to be torn but Haruhi fans signed a petition to get it preserved as a cultural artifact and now it's on a protected building list, lol

• Locked thread