Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be honest my laptop couldn't handle running even something like Prototype or Monday Night Combat or Fallout 2 so I kinda gave up on Steam and never returned after getting a new laptop last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
There's a bit of a difference between "Prototype or MNC" and "Fallout 2". :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Anatharon posted:

There's a bit of a difference between "Prototype or MNC" and "Fallout 2". :v:

I'm not good with graphic requirements.

My laptop couldn't even install Diablo III.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Fallout 2 is 17 years old. If you can't run Fallout 2 you probably can't run modern browsers

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoubleDonut posted:

Fallout 2 is 17 years old. If you can't run Fallout 2 you probably can't run modern browsers

Oh, wait, I don't think it was that then.

All I know is that it was a Fallout game that a bunch of friends urged me to play.

Literally know nothing about Fallout.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
You should consider learning about good games

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoubleDonut posted:

You should consider learning about good games

A shameful lack of quality control.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas are good.

Your computer can definitely run Fallout 1 and 2.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh, wait, I don't think it was that then.

All I know is that it was a Fallout game that a bunch of friends urged me to play.

Literally know nothing about Fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX89Y7AgoXw

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Fallout 3 is pretty good too, sometimes I think it gets a bad rap.

I mean Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games ever, but that doesn't diminish the enjoyment I had from Fallout 3.

I am super psyched for Fallout 4.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fallout 3 is probably a good game on its own terms but having played 1 and 2 I'm contractually obligated to be a crotchety old man about the direction they took things in.

EDIT: This isn't to imply you haven't played the original, or that playing the original necessitates disliking 3, just that for me it resulted in disappointment.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 16, 2015

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I actually haven't played 1 and 2 yet, I should rectify it sometime when I'm not lazy. I even own them on gog when they were giving them away for free.

Fallout 3 is a solid B game to NV's A++++ in my book.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've tried playing Fallout 1+2 but they were too old and annoying to grab me for long. Then again I don't really like F3 either.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They definitely take some getting used to if you're used to more modern RPGs. The combat, in particular, was never very good IMO.

I still like it though because it's one of the few RPG franchises I've actually felt encouraged to really roleplay in, actively inserting myself into the world and not just talking to everyone and stealing everything. I'd turn down quests because my character wouldn't do them, or accomplish them a certain way in keeping with their personality. In Fallout 2 I decided my character was so mad at a particular band of slavers that he killed them whenever he ran into them, always leaving two bottle caps in their inventory afterwards which I contextualized in my mind as leaving coins over their eyes Greek-style. I also dug how the status quo changed between games with the world moving forward. Fallout 1 is post-apocalyptic, but Fallout 2 (and New Vegas) are probably better described as post-post-apocalyptic with the reemergence of civilization and new societies.

Then Fallout 3 comes along and resets a bunch of stuff. I can appreciate why they thought it was necessary, but as someone who liked how previous Fallout games built off of each other it was kind of a slap in the face.

Fallout 4 seems to be another reset, so I can't say I'm too excited.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Metal Slug sale was nearly over so I bought the entire bundle for $8.

I look forward to never installing Steam and never playing the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The Metal Slug sale was nearly over so I bought the entire bundle for $8.

I look forward to never installing Steam and never playing the game.

Same.

My NNID is SenerioSA, and I play a ton of Splatoon and a little Mario Kart and/or Smash if I'm bored enough. I have steam, but it's my brother's account so I don't really use it that much.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Senerio posted:

Same.

My NNID is SenerioSA, and I play a ton of Splatoon and a little Mario Kart and/or Smash if I'm bored enough. I have steam, but it's my brother's account so I don't really use it that much.

Get your own account

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Does anyone on here play monster hunter 4 ultimate? Been looking for more people to play with and generally grind with. I'll get my Nintendo ID or whatever when I get home.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sonata Mused posted:

Does anyone on here play monster hunter 4 ultimate? Been looking for more people to play with and generally grind with. I'll get my Nintendo ID or whatever when I get home.

I've been playing it. 3DS NNID is 1375-8649-4541

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Allarion posted:

I've been playing it. 3DS NNID is 1375-8649-4541

Okay, added you. My 3DS code is 4296-4357-2671

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sonata Mused posted:

Okay, added you. My 3DS code is 4296-4357-2671

Yeah, added you as well. Probably best to contact me through steam if you want to hit up multiplayer. I've only been playing for a few weeks so I just got to cat beach though, and I'm at HR2 at the moment.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am chumbler on steam and have many games that I play rarely. Lately I've been binging on Toukiden Kiwhatever because it's basically Monster Hunter Light, so if anyone wants to hunt demons with me, hit me up.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It is incredibly AIDS that we still have not played DEFCON, so I hope that we can organise a game on Sunday 4th October 2015 - if you are in plz post and then turn up on the day

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm in. I'd prefer a start time around 2:00 to 4:00 CDT (20:00 to 22:00 BST, I think), but could do later.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
Steam got back to me!

:toot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/elsonine/

Also they revealed a new OJ bonus character if you get %200

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The Ship was mentioned as a fun multiplayer thing we could do. It's on Steam sale for $2.49, if folks want to try it. Maybe we can actually play a thing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
any of you have hero academy

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everyone should install Left 4 Dead, the first, and play it with me tomorrow night!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Done.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If I am available, I call Bill.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Why not l4d2

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Why not l4d2

I think it's important to revisit the classics, from time to time.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Really though there's no reason it couldn't be L4D2, if people wanted to play that instead.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

isn't every l4d map in l4d2

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

L4D2 contains the entirety of L4D but with bug/exploit fixes and such I think.

I suppose I'll throw my name in and play things with people now and then. Baby Jager on steam. Yes, I misspelled Jaeger, I know, enough people have told me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Make a new acct and spell it correctly, then buy 100% Orange juice

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

yah, it entirely obsolesced l4d1 now because every campaign is in it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I suppose I'll throw my name in and play things with people now and then. Baby Jager on steam. Yes, I misspelled Jaeger, I know, enough people have told me.

Added. Also, you know you can change your steam name right?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

you can just change your steam name you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

hell, i do it all the time

• Locked thread