Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

BeAuMaN posted:

:frogsiren: Orokin Catalyst Blueprint Alert for the next 95 Minutes :frogsiren:

gently caress I'm even home but busy with like half a minute left. Goddamn it.

E: Well that's one way to start a page. Content, content, let's see...

Why do potatoes exist anyway? Making weapons completely useless unless you invest items that are only obtained through mostly random alerts is loving horrible game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Why do potatoes exist anyway? Making weapons completely useless unless you invest items that are only obtained through mostly random alerts is loving horrible game design.

Horrible Design is DE's speciality.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

AlphaKretin posted:

Mostly random alerts, and MONEY. 20p a pop. Sell some crap on the market and you can buy one pretty easy.

Eh, I'm not really griping about Catalysts. They're not overpriced, and they don't cost much to build from a blueprint, and they need to monetize the game somehow, even if it's not ideal. Exilus on the other hand...

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

AlphaKretin posted:

To make you spend plat.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

BeAuMaN posted:

Mostly random alerts, and MONEY. 20p a pop. Sell some crap on the market and you can buy one pretty easy.

Eh, I'm not really griping about Catalysts. They're not overpriced, and they don't cost much to build from a blueprint, and they need to monetize the game somehow, even if it's not ideal. Exilus on the other hand...

:downs: I keep forgetting this game exists to make money because I've been trying desperately to hitch a free ride, only spending what I can scam off pubbies. The big issue for me at the moment (this will probably change when I git gud and do more voids because I'll have more to sell) is that 20p is the same price as a Warframe slot, and having extra Warframes is at least as cool, especially considering that unlike catalysts they aren't occasionally free.

E: Pfft just did the rank 8 test while parkour 2.0 exists.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 16, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Eventually you accumulate enough free potatoes that you don't really worry.

If it makes you feel better back in closed beta with the skill tree thing potatoes locked you out of your 3 and 4.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Locked you out of your 3, 4, several mod slots, and many stat boosts.

If you were stupid enough to pick Loki as your starter frame (Guilty!) you were royally hosed because you had no offensive powers, and were entirely reliant on your equally-gimped guns to kill things.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That is straight-out why I quit for awhile, missing out on Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal.

It was just dire back then.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Speaking of Snipetrons, thought I might have had enough to merit that event from the wiki after all. Here's the response I got. "Please do take note that those scores have been bugged and some still are and continue to increase after the events."

Everything is bugs.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kyte posted:

Eventually you accumulate enough free potatoes that you don't really worry.

If it makes you feel better back in closed beta with the skill tree thing potatoes locked you out of your 3 and 4.

Wait, what? :psyduck:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

Here's an example of a weapon, probably a Lato or something: (All primaries had the same grid, all secondaries had the same grid, all melee had the same grid. Only Warframes had unique grids.)

Without potato:

With potato:

Eventually, you'd unlock every slot (15/30, depending on potato or not.)

Warframes were slightly different. They had 45 nodes total, but you could only ever utilize 15/30 of those nodes (depending on potato), and if they didn't have a potato, part of those additional 30 possible nodes included your 3 and your 4.

This is probably part of why build diversity is a desired thing. We kind of had it back in closed beta.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 16, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i think clem would join steel meridian and be our friend

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

He's their medallion guy.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Clem is in the new quest.

Edit: Get Clem!

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 16, 2015

Cave Adapted
Jun 13, 2012
35 plat well spent

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Here's an example of a weapon, probably a Lato or something: (All primaries had the same grid, all secondaries had the same grid, all melee had the same grid. Only Warframes had unique grids.)

Without potato:

With potato:

Eventually, you'd unlock every slot (15/30, depending on potato or not.)

Warframes were slightly different. They had 45 nodes total, but you could only ever utilize 15/30 of those nodes (depending on potato), and if they didn't have a potato, part of those additional 30 possible nodes included your 3 and your 4.

This is probably part of why build diversity is a desired thing. We kind of had it back in closed beta.

By "build diversity" you mean everyone had 23000 shields.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

randombattle posted:

Stop lying, some people might have had as few as 9,000 shields.

Also, they actually fixed that about halfway by making the shield mods +specific shield numbers. "Fixed."

Warframe 1.0 was broken as poo poo but it was often amusingly broken as poo poo.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

randombattle posted:

By "everyone" you mean, "everyone not a Loki and didn't ditch the game for a few years because it was LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE without shelling out a few bucks to get things into at least a servicable state".

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

By "everyone" you mean, "everyone not a Loki and didn't ditch the game for a few years because it was LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE without shelling out a few bucks to get things into at least a servicable state".

That's so not true having even just two shield mods was more than enough than they ever intended.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Sandweed posted:

I thought this was a joke but holy poo poo it really is.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So hey, :de: is in rare form with the latest fix. Movement and performance is hosed all to hell, oh and boosters aren't working. So if you're thinking of picking up an affinity or credit booster or w/e, don't. You won't get any extra xp or anything.

E:

DoombatINC posted:

I'd want them to go in the other direction, minimizing the impact of the "sniper" part and basically treating them like arena shooter railguns. High damage, deep penetration, flashy contrail in the color of the weapon's energy.

So what you're saying is, you want to use the opticor? :getin:

Opticor on a HoM Mirage is the best thing for clearing entire approaches in defense with one shot.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 17, 2015

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Hearing unconfirmed reports that the G3 drop Brakk parts if you desecrate them in the new quest, anyone with a Nekros who can prove/disprove this?

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Send help please.

I noticed my game steadily getting more pixelated while playing Equinox and figured out that the maim effect was somehow persisting every time I recasted it. This was after like 20x.

I think my gfx card might be dying. The red stuff only appeared after I casted Maim a few more times. Here's what it looks like without HDR though:

https://gfycat.com/AnotherBoringHarrierhawk
https://gfycat.com/SolidAnchoredAtlasmoth

Ra-amun fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 17, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
For real when are they going to let me pay plat to replace Lotus with my bro Darvo forever

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

That was a fun quest. Would have preferred a POTATO as a reward than another Exilus Adapter, though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sandweed posted:

Weird that they'd do this. Wasn't "clem" Grineerese for "them"? As in "get them"?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

Weird that they'd do this. Wasn't "clem" Grineerese for "them"? As in "get them"?

Yeah but sometimes you just gotta roll with the memes.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Oh my god the mission complete picture is Clem dual gratakaing the sky while in full sprint, wonderful :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

:love: Gene Freak + Clem = Twin Grakata Best Friends Forever :love:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Hearing unconfirmed reports that the G3 drop Brakk parts if you desecrate them in the new quest, anyone with a Nekros who can prove/disprove this?

Was there any word on this?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Was there any word on this?

He does just did it. They each can drop their individual piece if you Desecrate.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
DE_Steve senses a distance in the force.
Get your brakk parts now; it will not last.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Do they all appear at again? I just did the first quest and I killed Likteer without knowing you could Desecrate for Brakk Parts.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I already got all the brakk parts so :slick:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I already did the first two parts and don't have a nekros... Sucks, man.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Is there a reason we switched away from an old-style Dojo? They look hilariously gaudy and I regret not having one.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
it was horribly laid out and if I recall correctly at the time we couldn't change spawns.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Here is the Warframe comics the Clem guy made.

http://imgur.com/a/i0zW5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Ra-amun posted:

Send help please.

I noticed my game steadily getting more pixelated while playing Equinox and figured out that the maim effect was somehow persisting every time I recasted it. This was after like 20x.

I think my gfx card might be dying. The red stuff only appeared after I casted Maim a few more times. Here's what it looks like without HDR though:

https://gfycat.com/AnotherBoringHarrierhawk
https://gfycat.com/SolidAnchoredAtlasmoth
Warframe does not gently caress up small. Goddamn, that's mesmerizing.