Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
got a sick wallbang about an hour ago in mm with goonstack, pls r8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQz-7bFL98

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

no headshot. 2/10.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ZionestLord posted:

If anyone ever calls 'ALL' in my games I assume they mean 3-5 people and are panicking. If someone calls '5 A' then I take them at their word but I still get my gun out before I get half way because someone could rotate out to watch their back a lot of the time. Don't forget the map shows you enemy locations if your team has sight on them as well, and even when they lose sight it will show a question mark for a few seconds where they were last spotted.

If I die at a spot I'm basically spending the next few seconds just spamming my mic with everything I see because hell might as well help with my lovely playing. The amount of times people die and I hear nothing about it is nuts. At least tell me where you died and how many you died to.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

definitely doesnt warrant the OMG BAN ME HOLY SHIIIIIIT *black guys hooting after the guy goes "thats the wrong number"* shtick youre aiming for but not bad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

definitely doesnt warrant the OMG BAN ME HOLY SHIIIIIIT *black guys hooting after the guy goes "thats the wrong number"* shtick youre aiming for but not bad
I wasn't the one calling hacks, that was the enemy team, for literally the rest of the game after this shot

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I thought it was pretty obvious thats where the guy was so if they were calling hacks they're real big idiots

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

exethan posted:

I thought it was pretty obvious thats where the guy was so if they were calling hacks they're real big idiots

This is often the case.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
So Ahdinko since I feel like last nights event was pretty successful do you have plans of getting a plugin going on the server so we can get some regular EU goonmans going with proper rules?
I bet if gets up and running, getting 10 on a regular basis won't be a problem. Also have you thought about making it more than 10 spots so people can hang out until the map changes and sub in if somebody has to leave?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So I hit DMG a couple of weeks ago and I'm amazed at the differences in skill at this rank in the 30 or so games I've played. It seems in half of my games I slaughter the enemy completely, and the other half I get completely wrecked. I also saw two blatant shooting-through-walls-100%-headshot hackers in my first week, which is more than I ever saw in my 2 months at MGX.

Anyway, I can tell I'm not very consistent at DMG, T side I seem to do fine because I either like to play sneaky and or getting early aggressive picks, but I really struggle with CT side as I just can't seem to hold a site against a solid T rush and am even worse at making successful retakes. I'll post a replay later this week, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice for playing CT at this level?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

So Ahdinko since I feel like last nights event was pretty successful do you have plans of getting a plugin going on the server so we can get some regular EU goonmans going with proper rules?
I bet if gets up and running, getting 10 on a regular basis won't be a problem. Also have you thought about making it more than 10 spots so people can hang out until the map changes and sub in if somebody has to leave?

Yeah I need get the goonpug plugin on there, i'll probably just replicate it to be an EU sub.io as much as I can, 14-16 slots, goonpug, and some fun maps in the ready breaks. The server was only running at about 30% load when full so we've got plenty of room to play with plugins and stuff. May be even be able to throw up a second server on the same box for surf or something.

I'll probably do all this on the weekend. I know when we were all talking about this before some people said they wouldn't mind sticking some money in the pot to keep it going, once i've got it properly setup, i'll sort a paypal out too.
If I do it monthly its about £27 a month, if I sign up for a year its about £18 so if we get some cash in the pot I can do it for a year.

Gonna need some admins too to help keep it running smoothly when something crashes or Mr Pink joins. The only EU goons I've played with in any regularity are Jeza, KCer, and XP so I'm not sure who's out there to choose. I don't really mind who gets admin as I'm not really protective of it, as long as they're not abusing it to make it unfun for anyone else. Anyone want to step up to the plate?

Anyone got any requests for what you guys wanna see from the server? In terms of features/plugins/maps/that really annoying unreal tournament voice that goes M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL/etc??

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Sep 17, 2015

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Ahdinko posted:

Yeah I need get the goonpug plugin on there, i'll probably just replicate it to be an EU sub.io as much as I can, 14-16 slots, goonpug, and some fun maps in the ready breaks. The server was only running at about 30% load when full so we've got plenty of room to play with plugins and stuff. May be even be able to throw up a second server on the same box for surf or something.

I'll probably do all this on the weekend. I know when we were all talking about this before some people said they wouldn't mind sticking some money in the pot to keep it going, once i've got it properly setup, i'll sort a paypal out too.
If I do it monthly its about £27 a month, if I sign up for a year its about £18 so if we get some cash in the pot I can do it for a year.

Gonna need some admins too to help keep it running smoothly when something crashes or Mr Pink joins. The only EU goons I've played with in any regularity are Jeza, KCer, and XP so I'm not sure who's out there to choose. I don't really mind who gets admin as I'm not really protective of it, as long as they're not abusing it to make it unfun for anyone else. Anyone want to step up to the plate?

Anyone got any requests for what you guys wanna see from the server? In terms of features/plugins/maps/that really annoying unreal tournament voice that goes M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL/etc??

I am EU and I have some other EU goon friends around the MGE/DMG rank who would be interested in EU pugs if they happen at all. I'd want to play goon pugs but the NA latency is a deal breaker for me.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'd like to play EU pugs aswell

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

:captainpop:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Well It doesn't say that he got there legit.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Welp, you called it when we were in the game

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198184844550

the "main" account linked on his profile is still unbanned, but that probably won't last for long
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tensiganarts/

e: lol, another one of his banned profiles
http://steamcommunity.com/id/417575

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Sep 17, 2015

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Luna Was Here posted:

I too am a fan of the new hitboxes.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Finally ranked back up to LE. Probably about where I should be. If only I could aim consistently.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Finally ranked back up to LE. Probably about where I should be. If only I could aim consistently.

DM more, play that aim map, watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR2RF_WjwIk

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I am EU and interested in EU goonpugs too, just remember I'm a trash tier dust2/cache warrior

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

dex_sda posted:

I am EU and interested in EU goonpugs too, just remember I'm a trash tier dust2/cache warrior

A man after my own heart, my match history is cache, cache, cache, cache, cache, dust 2, nuke and cache.

I guess you've just earned the first admin spot.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I thought that LE was where I'd probably stagnate for the rest of my playing time, but the way I've been playing the last few weeks I think I can make it to SMFC.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Ahdinko posted:

that really annoying unreal tournament voice that goes M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL/etc??

PLEASE make this a thing, I used to love that back in the day of CS:S!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Turk February posted:

I thought that LE was where I'd probably stagnate for the rest of my playing time, but the way I've been playing the last few weeks I think I can make it to SMFC.

I think it's easily achievable if you can just keep your win ratio over 50% and get occasional win streaks. I've been too scared to play much on my SMFC account but yesterday I hit it on my alt account as well, which I guess leaves me with no excuses. I even called it mid-game because I was bottom fragging and underperforming hard and that's always a sign of an impending and undeserved rank up

I'm hoping to reach global before christmas, but I guess that depends on how many real globals I meet on the way, because jesus christ some people just seem to instadink you no matter how good your angle or how fast you think you are

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 17, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'd play on your EU server for the chance to hear quakesounds in a competitive context

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Downloading server resources (4/83)

monsterkill.mp3
mmmonsterkill.mp3
gotrape.mp3
aaaaaaaa.mp3

Ah, the memories of disconnecting from servers who wouldn't let you in without downloading a few hundred megs of ear cancer.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 17, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Slow play my way up alt mid so I can try to take apartments, maybe get a couple rotate picks. See kill spam while I'm still in T apartments. Somehow nobody watched mid and a guy just ran straight down with a p90 and wiped out everyone in banana and near t-spawn. Still like 1:30 seconds left in the round. I cry myself to sleep.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

DarkMalfunction posted:

PLEASE make this a thing, I used to love that back in the day of CS:S!

I did also love this in the 1.6/css days, but I was also 13 so that may have factored in.

and on this note, due to the overwhelming amount of requests, the server will no longer be comp goonpug.
Instead it will be ~*24/7 OFFICE 64 PLAYER GOON PUBLIC CASUAL 24/7!*~

Actually I joined a server a few weeks ago where everyone had deags on that map with all the boxes, but when you fired bright coloured laser beams came out and the unreal tournament man was replaced with a woman that sounded like she was having an orgasm on anything above ULTRA KILL. I cringed everytime she said "MM DOMINATINGmm"

At least they had some knife plugin thing which let me pick my own knife skin though, which was nice because I still can't bring myself to spend £250 on a shiny pixel knife

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 17, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

monsterkill.mp3
mmmonsterkill.mp3
gotrape.mp3
aaaaaaaa.mp3

Ah, the memories of disconnecting from servers who wouldn't let you in without downloading a few hundred megs of ear cancer.

Pretty sure it goes with the territory of any casual server. I play gungame at CMG sometimes and they have a bunch of stupid sounds that you can't disable. They also used to have a bunch of really stupid skins back when i was playing cs source. But it was a good server for me to connect to with good population so I had to deal with it :downs:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

monsterkill.mp3
mmmonsterkill.mp3
gotrape.mp3
aaaaaaaa.mp3

that was a lot more of an issue in source iirc, i don't remember it happening much in 1.6

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ahdinko posted:

Actually I joined a server a few weeks ago where everyone had deags on that map with all the boxes, but when you fired bright coloured laser beams came out and the unreal tournament man was replaced with a woman that sounded like she was having an orgasm on anything above ULTRA KILL. I cringed everytime she said "MM DOMINATINGmm"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWPPgHj8rM

From a more innocent and infinitely stupider time

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
gently caress that was actually a UT voice? Yeah I really didn't remember that from my younger and more innocent times, I thought this was just some creepy internet poo poo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

deep impact on vhs posted:

that was a lot more of an issue in source iirc, i don't remember it happening much in 1.6

I skipped CSS completely because the hitboxes offended me, but in 1.5 and 1.6 it seemed like every other server was infested with this crap. When you found one that wasn't, you bookmarked it and prayed it never went down.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

I too am a fan of the new hitboxes.

Yah I got a little lucky with moving accuracy there but I'm legit I swear!!!!1!

Also andihko I'll totally admin the server, I don't slap people or blind them mid round like a CERTAIN SUB.IO ADMIN Kappa

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Nice one, I think i've played with you before, and you did the whole case thing for the sub.io tourney right? Drop me a PM with your steamID and i'll give you the power when I sort this server out properly over the weekend

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
/beacon mushu

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

cl_downloadfilter nosounds

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
My favorite sound was Dave chappelle going " gotcha bitch!" Whenever someone got knifed.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

How do you hold B site on Mirage? I normally just sit at van but for some reason between MGE and DMG everyone learned how to nade van without it hitting the ledge. It's incredibly frustrating to have two games in a row where we have a good T side and completely fall apart on CT, which was mostly just the other side taking mid or A but a couple rounds where I just can't hold a B rush.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ixtlilton posted:

How do you hold B site on Mirage? I normally just sit at van but for some reason between MGE and DMG everyone learned how to nade van without it hitting the ledge. It's incredibly frustrating to have two games in a row where we have a good T side and completely fall apart on CT, which was mostly just the other side taking mid or A but a couple rounds where I just can't hold a B rush.
If they nade van, it's probably best to have someone hold from market window and someone hold from bench. I guess you could also hold from arch but that's risky and a hard angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I like having one guy bench and one guy market. Market guy can see/shoot/callout guys in apartments, giving bench a heads up if people come that way so he can focus on cat until it happens.

• Locked thread