Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sanction is the buff spell for the level 50 GC gear. Too bad it has literally never been relevant to anything, but maybe once they finally get around to adding more GC ranks that bored company mage will have something to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Just give me a Set(4):Your Fire IV grants Astral Fire. and i can die a happy Black Mage.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Holyshoot posted:

Someone on reddit posted this. Although cool it would be a bad idea because it would be hard to balance. However what keeps FFXIV from doing 2 piece and 4 piece set bonuses? WoW does it ok and it makes gear more interesting. Right now gear is kind of boring in FFXIV compared to other mmo's.

Set bonuses are pretty much only on GC gear. The main reason I think they aren't doing it is that it's hard to balance, not only for stat weights and class parity but for encounter design. It's hard enough balancing nebulous skill bonuses between classes but adding into what that does for encounters is a giant can of worms (and effort they seem to feel is worth putting into encounters/dungeons/quests/hildibrand stuff more.)

Also there's a lot of visual work put into the gear that I think makes it exciting (I find Creed stuff is pretty awesome.) Instead of there being a stat interest in the gear there's an aesthetic interest in it. I've still got my i90 PLD gear in my retainer for glamouring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The house next to the TPT house is owned by a single person FC whose only class is a level 3 archer.

They have a bunch of minions and mounts along with the cloud armor so they've been subscribed forever.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2400134/

I don't get it.

EDIT: Looks like they used to be a thing, but I guess fell apart. The level 3 archer though is still a headscratcher.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 17, 2015

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My guess is that it's an alt-owned fc to let the person garden and farm out airship stuff while the main is in a different fc, but unless airships aren't limited at all by fc rank, I don't know why they'd go through the fc hoop instead of having the alt (or even just the main) own it directly. Especially since they need multiple crafters to finish the stage, though I guess some people from the main's fc could pop over to help... Dunno

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

My guess is that it's an alt-owned fc to let the person garden and farm out airship stuff while the main is in a different fc, but unless airships aren't limited at all by fc rank, I don't know why they'd go through the fc hoop instead of having the alt (or even just the main) own it directly. Especially since they need multiple crafters to finish the stage, though I guess some people from the main's fc could pop over to help... Dunno

Individually owned houses can't have workshops. You need an FC house.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
If I want to sub from a trial acct can I still use a friendcode?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

PaganGoatPants posted:

If I want to sub from a trial acct can I still use a friendcode?

Yep, you just enter the code before you pay for your first month, and I think it asks when you do your key registration. If you don't have one yet, you can use 35NUE7Y7 for your free stuff

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Probably gonna resub to the game now that I'm done with school and stuff. Are Mechanists better than they were at expac release?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr E posted:

Probably gonna resub to the game now that I'm done with school and stuff. Are Mechanists better than they were at expac release?

Machinists are cool and fun and stylish. Plus you get to be like Mustadio.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mr E posted:

They were never bad, just hard. They (and bards) got a buff to their post-50 stance, making it do a bit more damage and not take loving forever to put on, but they're a pretty decent job all around. They just have to John Madden a lot because dear god they have a lot of buttons to press in a short period of time.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Also if you gently caress up wildfire you do no damage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm on a streak of four days in a row of Tam-Tara for LDR :shepface:

skellycakes
Dec 2, 2005

mediocre!

seiferguy posted:

I'm on three. Let's see if tomorrow makes four!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

When I was leveling my warrior I had Tam-Tara 14 times in a row, back to back.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Is there a way to macro putting a macro on my hotbar? Found out how to assign abilities through the macro system but not a macro.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Is there a bank for your extra stuff?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Vendictus Prime posted:

Is there a bank for your extra stuff?

retainers are banks

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Failboattootoot posted:

Is there a way to macro putting a macro on my hotbar? Found out how to assign abilities through the macro system but not a macro.

Drag your macro to a toolbar.

dunno how it works on controllers but it should work the same way as moving crossclass abilities to your hotbar, but from the macro screen instead

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ignimbrite posted:

Drag your macro to a toolbar.

dunno how it works on controllers but it should work the same way as moving crossclass abilities to your hotbar, but from the macro screen instead

If i wanted to be dragging nonsense around from menu's i wouldn't be trying to macro the whole process into 2 buttons; 1 for pvp layout and 1 for pve. :colbert:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Macros can't call macros. Also don't use macros for GCDs. They don't queue the same as hitting the attack directly and will slow you down significantly.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Failboattootoot posted:

If you have a hotbar that you never use you can set it up on several jobs with different layouts of macros that you're going to want, then hide it and you can make a macro with something along the lines of:

/hotbar copy whm 10 blm 1

Which will copy the entire of hotbar 10's layout on WHM onto your main BLM hotbar

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Macros can't call macros. Also don't use macros for GCDs. They don't queue the same as hitting the attack directly and will slow you down significantly.

I'm using them for poo poo that is "the same" that i wouldn't otherwise have room for on my hotbars. So Second Wind and Recouperate on the same macro, Enliven and Invigorate. PvE side I also have a couple mouseover macros I use for shadewalker, goad, and smoke screen.

^^^^ Ah I saw someone talking about that elsewhere while trying to google a solution but didn't really get it, that will work perfectly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How do you not have enough hotbars? I'm just curious since you get 10 with the standard layout and with the cross hotbars for controllers there is enough room for everything as well.

Half of my hotbar room is vacant and I've got all my skills, pvp skills, armor sets, and a few other things on them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also if you hold shift and press a number it will switch out your bottom hotbar with that number.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

How do you not have enough hotbars? I'm just curious since you get 10 with the standard layout and with the cross hotbars for controllers there is enough room for everything as well.

Half of my hotbar room is vacant and I've got all my skills, pvp skills, armor sets, and a few other things on them.

Well to be more specific, with no pvp abilities on I have 2 open spaces on 3 horizontal hotbars plus another horizontal bar and 3 vertical bars that are used across all my jobs. I don't want to add a fifth horizontal or a 4th vertical hotbar purely because my UI is cluttered enough as is nor do I want to start having to make really weird keybinds for them.

Have a picture.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 17, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ok, you have a lot of extra poo poo on your bars. Gotcha.

I added a fourth hotbar just for pvp abilities, but if you already have a fourth horizontal one full of emotes and other poo poo, I can see how that wouldn't work.

I believe, but could be wrong, that something like this would work for you:

/micon invigorate
/ac invigorate
/ac enliven

When you hit that the first time it will use invigorate. If invigorate is on cooldown it will use enliven.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One thing I can think of is changing your 4th bar to be class specific and moving a horizontal bar with companion stuff to another part of the screen. Your fourth bar has a bunch of things on it that you don't necessarily need ready to go in combat. Instead you could move all the extraneous stuff over there and just set that bar per job as well.

edit: Here is how I have it.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 17, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

seiferguy posted:

I still dont know why tam tara is so loving popular in the LDR. You only spend like 3 hours total in that level range (much less if you have armory and rested bonuses) and yet it pops constantly.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I once heard that it has something to do with being the last dungeon available in the trial period.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure that's either copperhell or halatali.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I seem to get Haukke a lot when I do my levelling queue

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I finally got Ifrit yesterday my random instance doodie. :c00lbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I still dont know why tam tara is so loving popular in the LDR. You only spend like 3 hours total in that level range (much less if you have armory and rested bonuses) and yet it pops constantly.

The worst is that there's been a couple of times where everyone is level-synced meaning someone is intentionally picking it over the next best dungeon for experience.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

The worst is that there's been a couple of times where everyone is level-synced meaning someone is intentionally picking it over the next best dungeon for experience.

Roulette can be really poo poo sometimes. I once got into sastasha with 3 other random people, all of which also selected LLDR, not a specific dungeon.

We were all >lv50. :argh: roulette

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Truga posted:

Roulette can be really poo poo sometimes. I once got into sastasha with 3 other random people, all of which also selected LLDR, not a specific dungeon.

Almost had this happen the other day, but there was a low-level pugilist. There wasn't even the first time bonus :( Getting sync'd down to before BLM gets firestarter kinda sucks. Geting sync'd down to when you have three spells is almost unbearable.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 17, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

seiferguy posted:

Just now I did my LDR and this is exactly what happened. I was 57 and everyone else were in their 30s. Tama Dara

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Ignimbrite posted:

I seem to get Haukke a lot when I do my levelling queue

I imagine because that's the first dungeon availible to the new jobs at level 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've been leveling ACN and I wonder if I'd have better luck queueing as a SMN as opposed to SCH. Seems like it's always the DPS that's the lowest level there. No idea.

Truga posted:

Man I thought the point of LDR was to have veterans help newbies through lower level dungeons. This goes against the entire point of it.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 17, 2015

• Locked thread