Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Do you need 4/4 or something to see that? I didn't notice anywhere in R&D where work is actually being done.

Walk around the edge of the first R&D platform and you'll see a sign with Huey's picture on it, that's the stairs down to his lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp, PS VR is already dead

quote:

The PlayStation VR headset is on track for introduction in the first half of next year, Sony Computer Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Andrew House said in an interview at the Tokyo Game Show on Thursday. The unit will be priced as a new gaming platform he said, without giving numbers.

I wasn't expecting to be $50, but that sounds it'll be $300-$400 or more.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I'm sure the PS VR will be as succesfull as all the other fantastic gimmick peripherals sony has released.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yechezkel posted:

That's not really any different than the $300 it'd cost for an Oculus/Steam-equivalent headset on top of a top-end gaming PC. Plus it sounds like that nets you a complete headset and move controllers, so it's not all that bad.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yechezkel posted:

Isn't that basically what the Rift costs? I can't say I am too surprised, it is basically a fancy TV you strap to your face; on top of being relatively new tech which means it will be grossly overpriced to start

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

well, time to play some games

*puts on idiot motion sickness helmet*

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Persona 5 has got a real release window: Summer 2016. Just came out of a new trailer on stream at TGS.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

It has a virtual waifu simulator. Its going to sell a ton.

Policenaut posted:

Persona 5 has got a real release window: Summer 2016. Just came out of a new trailer on stream at TGS.

Dammit atlus. Maybe it's getting a u.s. release first? I mean, atlus USA did keep saying 2015.

Artless Meat fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 17, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Attitude Indicator posted:

*puts on idiot motion sickness helmet*

Actually most of them have been squashing that pretty hard with the newer prototypes. The only headset that really had that was the early Oculus versions, and they've been freely sharing how to fix that along with all the standardization stuff going on between all the competitors.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Artless Meat posted:

It has a virtual waifu simulator. Its going to sell a ton.

Wasn't that basically the entirety of Persona 4

Chie-chan you are so kawaii~~~

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Policenaut posted:

Can't wait to play it sometime in 2017/18 on my PS5.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually most of them have been squashing that pretty hard with the newer prototypes. The only headset that really had that was the early Oculus versions, and they've been freely sharing how to fix that along with all the standardization stuff going on between all the competitors.

oh, gee, sorry

Attitude Indicator posted:

*puts on idiot waifu-tv helmet*

E: i've never had a problem with motion sickness myself, but that PS VR thing just seems so unappealing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Much better, thank you :tipshat:.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Wasn't that basically the entirety of Persona 4

Chie-chan you are so kawaii~~~
I was gonna say "but this one only seems to have one girl" but I already know what the response will be.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpOwQaqRXA

The new P5 trailer

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

i just wanna make out with my anime girlfriends on the playstation 4

make my dreams come true, sony

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If E3 and Tokyo Game Show have taught me anything this year it's that every game I want to play on PS4 comes out next year.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was gonna say "but this one only seems to have one girl" but I already know what the response will be.

I'm a little concerned at the preset party, mostly because I fear a Yosuke I can't kick out.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Unbelievable. They explicitly confirmed a U.S.release in 2015 like 3 times in the past few months.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

Unbelievable. They explicitly confirmed a U.S.release in 2015 like 3 times in the past few months.

The new release date is as firm as wet toilet paper.

E: https://www.facebook.com/ateliergames/photos/a.397699476940916.94175.370541836323347/1036896586354532/?type=1&theater

[TGS 2015 Update] Yoru no Nai Kuni (working title) is coming to the West for PS4 in early 2016.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Atlus has had the same problem adjusting to HD graphics as most Japanese developers, I guess, doesn't help that their last big console RPG was on the freaking PS2.
In fact have they done anything in like the last ten years for a non-handheld other than Catherine?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Persona 4 Arena.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aphrodite posted:

Persona 4 Arena.

Arc System Works, also a 2D game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Persona 4 Arena.

That was ArcSys.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Street Fighter V, now with 100% more Karin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbj1OZPYA8

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

TaurusOxford posted:

Street Fighter V, now with 100% more Karin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbj1OZPYA8

I'm hoping some pro picks Karin up as his/her main and does that loving laugh after every win.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Not that I plan to get back into fighting games, but I'm happy that my two favorite characters from the Alpha series have finally come back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

lmao at anyone who actually believed this. I called it over and over again that there was no way Atlus was going to meet this time frame. Although Summer 2016 is way later then even I expected.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 17, 2015

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

lmao at anyone who actually believed this. I called it over and over again that there was no way Atlus was going to meet this time frame. Although Summer 2016 is way later then even I expected.

There was no reason not to when they repeatedly confirmed it. I actually cannot think of another company that has gone from a release date confirmation to a delay so quickly - didn't one of their people outright say "I can confirm 2015 for the U.S." just last month?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

There was no reason not to when they repeatedly confirmed it. I actually cannot think of another company that has gone from a release date confirmation to a delay so quickly - didn't one of their people outright say "I can confirm 2015 for the U.S." just last month?

Ooh come on now, you've been following video game PR long enough to know better. There was no reason at any point in time to believe they were telling the truth. The lack of any solid release date, no detailed gameplay videos, or previews talking about gameplay mechanics was a dead giveaway. There was just no way I could seriously believe Atlus would drop a release date at TGS for 2015. That's just not enough time.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Ooh come on now, you've been following video game PR long enough to know better. There was no reason at any point in time to believe they were telling the truth. The lack of any solid release date, no detailed gameplay videos, or previews talking about gameplay mechanics was a dead giveaway. There was just no way I could seriously believe Atlus would drop a release date at TGS for 2015. That's just not enough time.

My experience with PR is that if they know they can't make a release date, they tend to keep their mouths shut and say "no comment" rather than stupidly repeatedly confirming that release date. The lack of videos could easily be put down to not wanting to reveal too much about the game. No company that I can remember has ever hosed up this bad with a delay, so I had no reason to think Atlus would.

And I was right about that interview.

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/08/atlus-usa-interview/

Posted August 12, with Atlus U.S.A.'s PR manager confirming Persona 5 for 2015. What a fuckup.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I doubt every single release date. This is the generation of delays.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I said come in! posted:

I doubt every single release date. This is the generation of delays.

You're a generation late with that post.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

On the subject of Persona, the conspiracy nuts are now pointing to hidden messages in the release date screen from the trailer in the form of intentionally blurred characters.

It'll be interesting to see what the special Persona Stage is all about.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

On the subject of Persona, the conspiracy nuts are now pointing to hidden messages in the release date screen from the trailer in the form of intentionally blurred characters.

It'll be interesting to see what the special Persona Stage is all about.

"Hey Heiro, you forgot to blur a couple letters in the promo"

"poo poo. Well, not like anyone is going to notice"

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"Hey Heiro, you forgot to blur a couple letters in the promo"

"poo poo. Well, not like anyone is going to notice"

Almost certainly, though I would've thought editing this stuff would mean applying the blur effect to everything on screen. It's a little weird.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Is the secret message SMR26 or UME01? I can't tell because they're both so meaningful and interesting

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Way to gently caress everything up Atlus, nobody should ever trust their release schedule (and most people didn't)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And I am going to believe that date is only for Japan until I hear otherwise. As far as i'm concerned the west wont get Persona 5 until fall 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/star-ocean-second-evolution-releasing-for-both-ps4-and-ps-vita/#QqPEXTIRuUSJefz3.99

:swoon:

• Locked thread