Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

holy poo poo purify on my iPad makes the forums useable

qfb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ios9 on my ipad mini 1 has just slaughtered it. just scrolling in Messages is so slow now it's like a bad joke. what is this loving garbage tim

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

everything about apple is slowly getting worse

perhaps not from an investment, AAPL point of view. they sell more poo poo. profits are up. quality might be down and totally directionless but that only matters to fanbois

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

cremnob posted:

dont get marco's app. the purify guy maintains ublock (not ublock origin) and the rules he made for purify are custom and not made from easylist (which everyone else just converts to the content blocker format) which is why his is faster. marco is trying to cash in on his audience but it will probably be a neglected app cause he doesnt have to do any work to maintain it really

but ublock origin is better than ublock

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
do you guys use a combo of blocking? do you use ghostery with ublock or just choose one?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lmao no public transport directions available in sydney
and no news app

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Management posted:

marco is a whiny bitch idiot and possibly a mailbox head

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

Linguica posted:

ios9 on my ipad mini 1 has just slaughtered it. just scrolling in Messages is so slow now it's like a bad joke. what is this loving garbage tim

i have a 5 and am fearful of this. probably gonna stay on 8.4.1 for a while, sorry tim

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ice_2_c_u posted:

i have a 5 and am fearful of this. probably gonna stay on 8.4.1 for a while, sorry tim

works fine on a 5c

well 9.1 does because i was too lazy to exit the beta channel

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
crystal seems to work fine for adblocking. it's cool how much faster pages load tho.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
it looks like content blocking doesn't persist into webviews :/

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

it looks like content blocking doesn't persist into webviews :/

it should? maybe requires an app update i dunno

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

crystal seems to work fine for adblocking. it's cool how much faster pages load tho.

I'm falling in love with the mobile web all over again.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

my stepdads beer posted:

lmao no public transport directions available in sydney
and no news app
change your region to usa in settings

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr. Apollo posted:

change your region to usa in settings

are you saying there are public transport directions in Sydney if you do this?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
iphone ad blocking is epic. thank you timmbe and peace be upon steebe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

its a version of failos after 6.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Linguica posted:

anroid doesn't have the problem by never updating :smaug:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i like Marco stuff ok but crystal was free and I don't browse web much. maybe I'll hear him presumably make his case on atp

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

i like Marco stuff ok but crystal was free and I don't browse web much. maybe I'll hear him presumably make his case on atp

he defended gruber's 8 dollar notes app that shipped without syncing and the only "feature" was a licensed HFJ font

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

same except idk what atp is so i probably won't hear his case

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Management posted:

are you saying there are public transport directions in Sydney if you do this?
no, but you get the news app

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

adenosine triphosphate, it's an important part of animal metabolism

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

power botton posted:

he defended gruber's 8 dollar notes app that shipped without syncing and the only "feature" was a licensed HFJ font
if this is what you're talking about

http://www.marco.org/2013/06/06/vesper

then sorry nothing there makes me mad. I like gruber but didn't buy vesper and

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Ice_2_c_u posted:

it works fine on my iPhone 5. the iPad mini guy is probably experiencing the joys of spotlight reindexing a well used device. also the iPhone 5 has a faster cpu/gpu

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

it is a Siracusa tech podcast that involves Marco and Casey liss and I will take them over hearing jason snell or Brianna wu absolutely anytime

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

it is a Siracusa tech podcast that involves Marco and Casey liss and I will take them over hearing jason snell or Brianna wu absolutely anytime
this is only a test is the only tech podcast i listen to because 99.9999999% of tech writers are insufferable.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
have you tried Not Listening To Podcasts

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i dont even, and i cant even

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

crystal isnt free anymore...at least in :canada:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

if this is what you're talking about

http://www.marco.org/2013/06/06/vesper

then sorry nothing there makes me mad. I like gruber but didn't buy vesper and

ya idk i guess it takes balls to release yet another note taking app to an app store filled to the brim with them when the Apple Notes app is perfectly needs suiting

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i think vespers killer app was a different ui and ux flow

but i always kinda dislike apps that use unique fonts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

8 days hnnnnnnngh, gently caress u winmo

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

note taking apps are like the hello worlds of the 21st century imho

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

just slap an os provided text box widget into a container, and dump the output to a txt file.

bam. done. that'll be $4.99 USD please.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Ludwig van Halen posted:

ya idk i guess it takes balls to release yet another note taking app to an app store filled to the brim with them when the Apple Notes app is perfectly needs suiting
mega agreedo op

I am not convinced I am a power user of anything besides my toilet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

what if i make it look like mac system 1

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ice_2_c_u posted:

it was hosed up on my 5 right after I updated but it's good now. although since you can't ad block on the 5 there isn't really a compelling reason to upgrade imo

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ad blocking on mobile is a transformative experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

eight

days

• Locked thread