Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RiskyChris posted:

BSJ owns and if you disagree reminder that you are literally holding the same opinion as the sewage waste that is the NA dota "scene."

lol

I'm this guy who thinks the guy hwo plays like he has hero lock on is 'ownage.'

He'll also say its because BSJ makes the NADota scene mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
I mean he's not exactly a very strong pro player I guess I just like someone who can get the manchildren in NADota to collectively poo poo their diapers. :v:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The decision making in MFF/GB...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RiskyChris posted:

I mean he's not exactly a very strong pro player I guess I just like someone who can get the manchildren in NADota to collectively poo poo their diapers. :v:

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about him tbh he's a nobody

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What happened to Ayesee I haven't heard a single thing about him since I started watching prodoto again like months before TI5.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

What happened to Ayesee I haven't heard a single thing about him since I started watching prodoto again like months before TI5.

He works for Good Game Agency (the guys who own EG/Alliance among others), since their acquisition by Twitch they killed d2l which was his only casting gig. His twitter says he's a 'broadcast manager' there, whatever that means.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Kaglicious posted:

He works for Good Game Agency (the guys who own EG/Alliance among others), since their acquisition by Twitch they killed d2l which was his only casting gig. His twitter says he's a 'broadcast manager' there, whatever that means.

I knew the same company owned EG and Alliance but did not know it was Twitch. And that Amazon owns Twitch.

The conspiracy goes right to the top :tinfoil:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Kaglicious posted:

It probably means he is dealing with the stuff behind Twitch's own streams that are on for E3 and such. I can't watch more than 2 minutes of those things.

I knew the same company owned EG and Alliance but did not know it was Twitch. And that Amazon owns Twitch.

The conspiracy goes right to the top :tinfoil:
Alex Garfield sold out to Twitch, then Twitch sold out later. Team Tinker used to be under GGA too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

He recently answered an ask.fm question along those lines: http://ask.fm/AyeseeTV/answer/130776100105

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What is Peter "PPD" Dager's middle name because I think I may have cracked his code

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What is Peter "PPD" Dager's middle name because I think I may have cracked his code

Also Peter

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

pan

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Studio owners are now messaging Jacky Mao telling him not to cast games from Dota TV.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

I mean if you set up a tournament, you ought to be the one cashing in on streaming revenue and general exposure for your studio. Pretty simple poo poo. If a group of NFL all stars casted games from cable on Twitch or whatever it would be the same situation and nobody would be surprised when NBC and the NFL all called them out to stop.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Ugh, I thought the elimination tourney was today.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eejit posted:

I mean if you set up a tournament, you ought to be the one cashing in on streaming revenue and general exposure for your studio. Pretty simple poo poo. If a group of NFL all stars casted games from cable on Twitch or whatever it would be the same situation and nobody would be surprised when NBC and the NFL all called them out to stop.

If they can't get people to watch them over Jackie's barely audible rambling then gently caress them

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
listening to pro players talk over t2 games owns

the official casters suck

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah honestly, if people want to watch envy over whoever you got to cast maybe time to start thinking about the viability of your casting studio

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Ogre Magi :woop:

Also

I like how Fire had to forfeit a match because they took too long beating DC.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

iuvian posted:

Studio owners are now messaging Jacky Mao telling him not to cast games from Dota TV.

which studios? :lol:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It sucks that the majority of Dota stream viewers are are completely idiots with short attention spans, because pro's could make a killing privately recording these games, and then releasing their commentary after the official cast is done.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

iuvian posted:

EE should just radiocast then. Put up the gametime on the screen and shittalk for days.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Eejit posted:

I mean if you set up a tournament, you ought to be the one cashing in on streaming revenue and general exposure for your studio. Pretty simple poo poo.

We just had a conversation a week ago about how it's okay if you're doing your own cast instead of reusing the commentary track.

Ideally in some day Steam Broadcasting will liberate all of this since there will be no Twitch or YouTube to threaten into pulling your account.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

We just had a conversation a week ago about how it's okay if you're doing your own cast instead of reusing the commentary track.

Ideally in some day Steam Broadcasting will liberate all of this since there will be no Twitch or YouTube to threaten into pulling your account.
We had a conversation that it was not illegal and enforced only by streaming platforms. BTS could have cast JoinDota's content, ect. but everyone agreed to take viewers from the 'official' cast was a dick move. Probably no one would care if it didn't cut into their viewers that sponsors pay for.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
So is Envy done casting now or did he ignore them?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

klaphark posted:

So is Envy done casting now or did he ignore them?

IDK what they could do to him honetsly maybe get him on twitch for rebroadcasting a stream without permission thats about it.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
If EE is actually interested in casting, can't he just hit up the studio and say he wants to be a guest? Tobi and LD keep going on how they're desperate for pros to co-cast with, it doesn't sound like it'd be a big deal for one of the other caster to take a break whilst EE and whoever else he wants to bring along cast a match. Good for the viewers, good for the sponsors and good for the casters. Plus they could offer EE a bit of pay for his time.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Most EnvyCasts are done in client and buying a ticket. MLG doesn't have a ticket, so he's just rebroadcasting the stream. MLG at the X Games wasn't like this, btw.

The best part of the broadcast today was Tobi's excitement for going to the LAN, remarking that they'd never been to Florida.

The event is in New Orleans.:eng99: But hey, maybe he's just switching planes there.

Can't wait for the guy who apologized for the joke about dead black babies to touch down in the town Ray Nagin called "a chocolate city."

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Sep 17, 2015

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Lmao if u think the coward jew fat man is willing to pay EE anything, much less match what EE would earn from his stream

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
EE should keep going if hes not broadcasting then. Continue to piss them off.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

Craptacular! posted:

Can't wait for the guy who apologized for the joke about dead black babies to touch down in the town Ray Nagin called "a chocolate city."

Has he made any other comments besides the bathwater one to suggest that he is actually a racist? Granted, it was a really stupid comment, and people are going to hang it over the guy for the rest of his career, but people say a lot of dumb poo poo they don't mean.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Toes posted:

Has he made any other comments besides the bathwater one to suggest that he is actually a racist? Granted, it was a really stupid comment, and people are going to hang it over the guy for the rest of his career, but people say a lot of dumb poo poo they don't mean.

yeah to be fair I don't know many people who havent said a racist word in their life. Not sincerely but I've heard it from a lottta people.

STill its going to be lorded over his head forever racist or not. There are things you should not say on camera.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
arguing for region lock every other day isnt racist though, right

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
gently caress, I discovered Epic Boss Fight today. I'm normally not into PvE stuff but I played this mother fucker alllll day. could not for the life of me find a team competent enough to beat it on normal but ended up beating it on hard with 2 afkers somehow. Spectre #1 tank hero. this custom game is crack

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

EAB posted:

gently caress, I discovered Epic Boss Fight today. I'm normally not into PvE stuff but I played this mother fucker alllll day. could not for the life of me find a team competent enough to beat it on normal but ended up beating it on hard with 2 afkers somehow. Spectre #1 tank hero. this custom game is crack
This is the pro Dota thread. But yeah I enjoy that game when I don't want to solo queue. My main complaint is there are such absurd item build ups that the components spill from your stash onto the ground and mess with your quick buy. It was awful when there was the double purchase bug.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't know how long ago it started or how much longer it's going to continue but right now SUNSFAN STUDIOS is having a video-podcast bullshit-about-video-games kind of thing with SUNSFAN, Zyori, Slacks, ODPixel and Synderen

http://www.twitch.tv/moonducktv

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
moonduck :^)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jackie Mao should put up a stream of him silently browsing the internet to see if gets more viewers than Zyori talking to SirActionSlacks

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007

JollyPubJerk posted:

arguing for region lock every other day isnt racist though, right
how pc is screaming "loving retarded jew" at someone because they built a midas asking for a friend.

Please don't mistake this post for me defending noted racist and sexist piece of poo poo Tobi. A man so terrible he is looked down on by people who choose to play dota 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

First Elimination Mode series is soon, for now it's a Zyori/Purge/Maut/Draskyl pre-show.

Reminder that Earth Spirit and Oracle are enabled in this tournament.

e: 4CL picked Earth Spirit in game one :toot:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 17, 2015

• Locked thread