Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I like the concept, but the rooms were a little too tight for my liking.

I did have to use invincibility to get through some tight spots and doors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94gZdOBQ3RX30q7Pl5Fu8QS-6FeV2frD
Alright here's the videos.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just saw that you uploaded a bunch

i need this loving game aaaahh

Wormskull posted:

It's a tapestry passed on to me from my late grandpa, actually, whom loved to teach me pool when I was a lad.

:)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I just noticed that since I had to change the display settings on the Wii U to make it work right on the TV there's a black border on the videos since that's what passes through the elgato... Crap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sheesh you'd think of all things maybe youtube would have a way to automatically crop videos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I went to go see if I could fix it and got lost in the crunchyroll app because I seen it has the dub of Lupin the Third.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I went to go see if I could fix it and got lost in the crunchyroll app because I seen it has the dub of Lupin the Third.

Which Lupin?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Part 2 I think.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Microwaved popcorn to watch this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

LOL

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Meant lol. My bad all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This course started as a simple wall jump and koopa hop thing, but it evolved into a course with tons of different ways to get through, some much faster than others. My record in this course is 80 seconds remaining on the clock. Match that if you can.

Speed Run Labyrinth - A6A8-0000-0044-DDAB

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to record all those cool levels... my lips loving burn from the popcorn salt. "Vine" has got to be my favorite.. what a delight.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

tfw when you blunder into a canon and it got u dead to rights but it shoot out coins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Otisburg posted:

tfw when you blunder into a canon and it got u dead to rights but it shoot out coins

I'm glad the tools are there for this, but when I make levels, I don't like breaking the rules. When you see a bullet bill launcher it should shoot bullet bills. Pipes should only have pirhana plants in them, and only sporadically, etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Call me old fashioned

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

In Training posted:

I'm glad the tools are there for this, but when I make levels, I don't like breaking the rules. When you see a bullet bill launcher it should shoot bullet bills. Pipes should only have pirhana plants in them, and only sporadically, etc.

look at this square, probably never even made a drybones-riding magikoopa.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Pipes should only have pirhana plants in them, and only sporadically, etc.

what about lakitus

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

You need to open your mind to the opportunities and possibilities Nintendo is giving you, imo

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
please help my friend Mario traverse Full Jumps Are a NO-GO
EDFB-0000-0044-FE82

Millions fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 17, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

You need to open your mind to the opportunities and possibilities Nintendo is giving you, imo

Making old school levels is actually fairly epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's even a lot of nice touches to support it, like the screen not moving up in the NES ones if there's nothing on the 2nd level of the screen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm the Jarritos bottle... That's some drat win.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Footrace With Koopa The Slow (61F8-0000-0045-6C76)

Quick little level. Win the race! Or else!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
594C-0000-0046-494E playing around with making levels that can be taken slow and cautious by average players or done fast by professional button pushers like myself

e. changed something
ee. one of these days I'll be happy with a level and stop changing things

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 17, 2015

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I made another level yesterday, I'm not 100% satisfied with it but here is

Bowser's Spring Factory

8F26-0000-0043-C8D3

I'm gonna have to delete some of my old and bad levels now.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The game is so good, it's been massively enjoyable just screwing around and seeing how combinations of things play out

Soral
May 30, 2009

i made a level that requires you to do a full running flutter jump with yoshi and then leap off of him to make it to the platform. even though the route is well marked out and you can clearly see the expected path and all platforms if you scope things out, the level has a 6% clear rate and literally every death is at that jump. i think people are just hesitant to abandon yoshi to his death

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i made a level that requires you to do a full running flutter jump with yoshi and then leap off of him to make it to the platform. even though the route is well marked out and you can clearly see the expected path and all platforms if you scope things out, the level has a 6% clear rate and literally every death is at that jump. i think people are just hesitant to abandon yoshi to his death

I think most people havent played SMW

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

New level, this time starring the king of evil himself, Ganondorf. Complete the 3 trials of the gods and gain all the pieces of the triforce, and make Ganondorf's greatest desire a reality. Not for the faint of heart.

4569-0000-0046-7B57

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Soral posted:

6% isn't that bad, even when paths are well indicated, those giant leaps still require some timing that can take a try or two, and people playing on expert are very liberal with the skip button.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Azraelle posted:

6% isn't that bad, even when paths are well indicated, those giant leaps still require some timing that can take a try or two, and people playing on expert are very liberal with the skip button.
Completion percentage is wins vs. deaths, not skips. It's why even easy short levels might have a 30 percent completion rate.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Completion percentage is wins vs. deaths, not skips. It's why even easy short levels might have a 30 percent completion rate.

Even the amiibo showcase levels have like a 95% clear rate which is baffling, because that means 5% of the time people let the clock run out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mabels big day posted:

New level, this time starring the king of evil himself, Ganondorf. Complete the 3 trials of the gods and gain all the pieces of the triforce, and make Ganondorf's greatest desire a reality. Not for the faint of heart.

4569-0000-0046-7B57

That's hosed up

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Even the amiibo showcase levels have like a 95% clear rate which is baffling, because that means 5% of the time people let the clock run out

I've made two levels where it's supposed to be impossible to lose and i can confirm that poo poo is hosed

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought attempts counted even if you skipped the level, since that would explain the sub 100% on the really easy ones

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

I think most people havent played SMW

n-no.........

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

mabels big day posted:

4569-0000-0046-7B57

Ganondorfs wishes are hosed up.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Soral posted:

lots of people don't know about the ZR button to do the alternate jump, or forget about it. maybe include a less fatal jump in an earlier part of the level that also requires you to abandon yoshi to progress

also i think in training is right that most people are mother fuckers and have not played SMW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think they're mother fuckers, I just think they're under the age of 15.

• Locked thread