Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

He's easily better than Secret Arts Yamcha. Unfortunately Defense-down abilities are not very effective due to the way defense work. Even dropping the enemies down to 0 DEF like my Guldo can do doesn't increase damage very much whereas 5% healing every other turn is a nice combo with Extreme super damage (and 15% greater ATK if you choose to use him as the leader.

It's a tougher choice with Determined Goku who has much better stats as well as sheer attack power and I think Determined Goku exceeds Angel Goku. But you can always run both (I have no UR AGI so it's good to have both for me).
Fair point. I've yet to be impressed with Guldo's Paralysis. At least I'll probably get the million zeni I need to Dokkan Awaken that Goku from Jackie Chun's wallet as I go for the medals.

My Z-Fighters are my gimmick D-team, too, so middle of the road Angel Goku is a good fit. They're right in line behind my Ginyu Force ft. SSJ Bardock, Saiyans ft. SSJ Bardock, and Androids ft. SSJ Bardock. Bardock is a friendly guy, gets along with everyone. SSJ Vegeta usually tags along with my mono-teams, but he's just there for the violence.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

He's no Determined Defender for sure, but I'm pretty sure no other SR beats that one anyway. I'm a big fan of Kamehameha links and especially on a blue team where you can stack 3-5 gokus + 2 Pikkons and just shoot supers every turn.
Pretty sure Angel Goku, Kid Goku, Determined Defender, SSJ and SSJ2 + 2 Pikkons are the most broken single color team you can get.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Speaking of kamehameha links, do links double-stack?

Let's say I had Successor Gohan, Determined Goku and Jackie Chun on a single turn. If Determined Goku in between the other two kamehameha characters gets a super, does the link activate twice for +5000 ATK or does he only get +2500 ATK?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Speaking of kamehameha links, do links double-stack?

Let's say I had Successor Gohan, Determined Goku and Jackie Chun on a single turn. If Determined Goku in between the other two kamehameha characters gets a super, does the link activate twice for +5000 ATK or does he only get +2500 ATK?

I don't think they do. I've noticed you only get +2 ki total from a 3-character Battlefield Divas link, so that's one instance per character.

Edit: The drop rate on the Goku medal is bullshit. Give me the rest of your medals, old man! The beatings will stop!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 17, 2015

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

He's easily better than Secret Arts Yamcha. Unfortunately Defense-down abilities are not very effective due to the way defense work. Even dropping the enemies down to 0 DEF like my Guldo can do doesn't increase damage very much whereas 5% healing every other turn is a nice combo with Extreme super damage (and 15% greater ATK if you choose to use him as the leader.

Could you explain the Defense Down part or link to more info?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I was really happy that we got Dokkan Awakening...until I saw that Goku changed from Teq to AGL. My AGL team is pretty stacked as it is. Especially since I'm waiting for Dokkan awakened Roshi. Then again my all TEQ team is also pretty filled.

I was able to finally get Pikkon to Super Attack Level 7 before I started farming Wayward Champion to get those Goku medals. I changed my methods, going with Infinite fighting Spirit Android 17 instead of Jackie Chun as the leader. When paired with friend 17, Pikkon does 10 damage after his initial super attack. When paired with a Chilled, Pikkon's damage was below 5,000. I really feel like that's little damage is a bug, but I'm not complaining.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Could you explain the Defense Down part or link to more info?

Let's say we're fighting Pikkon with Goku who did 20000 damage with his super.

If you have a skill that increases Goku's ATK by 25%, then you'll deal 25000 damage. Good deal.

On the other hand, if you had a skill that decreases Pikkon's DEF to 0 (zero), you still won't do 25000 damage. I don't know the damage formula, but the amount DEF matters for reducing damage seems to be minuscule.

Now even better that ATK up and DEF def are ATK down skills. For some reason those are bugged (or the damage calculation is weird) to be doubly effective. If you have TEQ 17 as your leader and friend, that's 2x2x25% and Pikkon will only do 10 damage (the minimum) to you because he has effective 0 ATK.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've been finding the -Atk leader abilities to be pretty good, even with just one copy. I haven't lucked into a TEQ 17, but even a non-awakened Chilled makes a good enough leader. I'm currently using Red Ribbon Army's Grudge Dr. Gero (SR INT) for Jackie Chun and he cuts that damage way down.

Doesn't look like there's any -STR atk guys yet. Here's the full list of cards with -atk.

-AGL
Chilled (20%)
SR TEQ 17 (25%)

-TEQ
RR Army Dr. Gero (25%)

-INT
Future 17 (25%)

-PHY
SR STR Jeice (25%)

General (-10% to enemy attack)
R INT/STR Chi-Chi
R AGL Videl
R AGL 18
R INT Shen
R STR/PHY 19
R Cell Jr.
R Shugesh (so everyone has at least ONE person who does it :v: )
R PHY Tien
R AGL Yamcha

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 17, 2015

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Damnit there's no way to get that Goku I am so mad. I used him early on also. I have all the medals required also.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is this the third kid Gohan event? That's a bummer.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

zelah posted:

Is this the third kid Gohan event? That's a bummer.

Its only till monday.

We got Dokkan Awakening yesterday, get a new pull event tomorrow, a new strike event sunday and hopefully a new story event tuesday. Sounds good to me.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
There's also a good chance the next new pull is Kaio-ken Goku which I so want.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

There's also a good chance the next new pull is Kaio-ken Goku which I so want.

Yes please. Kaioken and Genkidama Goku are the only cards I'd actually reroll for. I really want one of those

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Only thing I really want is SR (or SSR) STR card better than mecha Tao.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
OK, so I made Angel Goku. I feel like that zeni could have been better spent on the rest of my Z-Fighters, but he's neat, at least.

If they'd give me another Supreme Kai, I'd start on SSR Piccolo in earnest, but no. I guess I have to pick between AGI Goku, INT Chiaotzu, or STR Tien to awaken next.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

And I got Pikkon up to Super Attack Level 10. Thanks TEQ 17 making it go pretty easy.

Well, time to farm some Goku Medals/Senzu Beans beating up Jackie Chun. If only I had some additional Grandpa Gohan medals (stupid AGL medals) to Z-Awaken Angel Goku and have him join my over packed team of level 60's +.

Has anyone been able to get the 10 Support Items Mission? I only have that, Super PHY, and 90 day login left.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Cozz posted:

Has anyone been able to get the 10 Support Items Mission? I only have that, Super PHY, and 90 day login left.
Supposedly Terror Returns - Attack of the Elites on NORMAL has a decent chance of it but so far I've only seen 6-9 blues on the map. I bet even if 10 showed up the numbers will conspire to make me miss some.

Echophonic posted:

If they'd give me another Supreme Kai, I'd start on SSR Piccolo in earnest, but no. I guess I have to pick between AGI Goku, INT Chiaotzu, or STR Tien to awaken next.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. SSR Piccolo is pretty lacklustre. And you'll have more zeni then you'll know what to do with eventually. I have over 12 million right now and I only played Hercule to get the dragon stones. I don't even know how much Angel Goku costed because it didn't matter anymore.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 18, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Wuxi posted:

Its only till monday.

We got Dokkan Awakening yesterday, get a new pull event tomorrow, a new strike event sunday and hopefully a new story event tuesday. Sounds good to me.

It's gonna be a dokkan busy week

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The new Goten is a R. Who the gently caress uses R?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

The new Goten is a R. Who the gently caress uses R?

It's Goten. He hasn't done anything to deserve anything better by himself.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

:rolldice:

:suicide:

6/10 I already had, including the SR Tien.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I didn't do much better. I got a Fasha and a Mercenary Tao. Should have known that a gacha with that many SSRs in the rate up was going to give unimpressive results.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gonna give this summon event a pass, doesn't seem worthwhile at all.

Hope the next one is either Buu or RoF.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kaioken Goku seems like it should have predated a SSJ Goku but the timeline doesn't mean much to them.. I don't know if he has one (afraid for the life of my bank account if I look), but if he has a Z-Fighters link, he'd be really valuable.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Kaio-ken Goku has a lot of good links that add Ki plus his Super has a bonus of TRIPLING his (already decent) ATK for the rest of the fight. He's not a great leader but is a great addition to many teams.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

In my quest for Goku, I pulled a Guldo.. Then I realized I have SR Ginyu, Burter, and Recoome sitting around. Found a R Jeice in a multi-summon, so I'm making the loving Ginyu Force for Snake Way tomorrow. Just need to replace Jeice at some point. Wish someone linked to them better, like, I don't know, maybe their loving boss Frieza? My Ginyu only has a +Int atk Leader skill too, so that's a bit of a bummer. Wish I'd cared about the Ginyus when they ahd the Ginyu multi-summon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

In my quest for Goku, I pulled a Guldo.. Then I realized I have SR Ginyu, Burter, and Recoome sitting around. Found a R Jeice in a multi-summon, so I'm making the loving Ginyu Force for Snake Way tomorrow. Just need to replace Jeice at some point. Wish someone linked to them better, like, I don't know, maybe their loving boss Frieza? My Ginyu only has a +Int atk Leader skill too, so that's a bit of a bummer. Wish I'd cared about the Ginyus when they ahd the Ginyu multi-summon.

R STR Jeice is actually pretty alright, especially paired with Burter. I ran him for ages until I got like 4 of the SR one.

I just run SSJ Bardock with my Ginyus. Figure they all worked for Frieza, good enough.

Actually have both Ginyus, not sure which one's better. Suppressing supers sounds nice, but I already awakened the other one.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 18, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SSJ Bardock + Ginyu Force is what I run too and it's a real nice team. But if you don't have him I think EoI Frieza or another boosts-damage-for-all-types character is probably the best choice for a rainbow team like that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

SSJ Bardock + Ginyu Force is what I run too and it's a real nice team. But if you don't have him I think EoI Frieza or another boosts-damage-for-all-types character is probably the best choice for a rainbow team like that.

I ran EoI Frieza on mine before I got Bardock, worked pretty well.

Hopefully we'll get a Goku Ginyu at some point to fill out the team.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I finally have everything I need to Z-Awaken my SS2 Goku.
Except zeni.
At least that's easy enough to grind.

So, I probably missed it, but where do you get the Goku medals to Dokkan up into Angel Goku?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

I finally have everything I need to Z-Awaken my SS2 Goku.
Except zeni.
At least that's easy enough to grind.

So, I probably missed it, but where do you get the Goku medals to Dokkan up into Angel Goku?

Unknown Saiyans > The Wayward Champion on Z-Hard. Not a great drop rate. I've also heard you can get them on the last stage of story mode (Enter the Savior?!) on Z-Hard at a better rate, but it's a harder level.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

R STR Jeice is actually pretty alright, especially paired with Burter. I ran him for ages until I got like 4 of the SR one.

I just run SSJ Bardock with my Ginyus. Figure they all worked for Frieza, good enough.

Actually have both Ginyus, not sure which one's better. Suppressing supers sounds nice, but I already awakened the other one.

Yeah I'm actually really impressed with him so far. He's Z-Awakened 40 right now, but he's hitting a lot harder than the SR non-Z Awakened 40's. I'm sure once they're all Awakened they'll eclipse him pretty easily, but for now, I can deal with it.

I think SSJ Bardock or Frieza is the way to go...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm actually really impressed with him so far. He's Z-Awakened 40 right now, but he's hitting a lot harder than the SR non-Z Awakened 40's. I'm sure once they're all Awakened they'll eclipse him pretty easily, but for now, I can deal with it.

I think SSJ Bardock or Frieza is the way to go...

If you make sure he goes second as much as possible, he can keep up for longer. That +1000 does a lot to keep him relevant. Also, that +25% boost from the link is nothing to sneeze at.

One of the neat thing about the Ginyu Force is that the Rs are great for focusing your team. You can run the different typed Rs in place of the SRs and it works pretty well. In a lot of cases they can actually flip on the weakness the SR has and easily make up the attack loss.

Jeice has a R TEQ and an SR STR, Ginyu has a R STR and SR INT, and Guldo has an R PHY and R INT to his SR TEQ. Recoome does not give a single poo poo, but has an R STR anyway. Burter's all AGL all day, but his SR is really good, too.

And Bardock, definitely Bardock.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 18, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Still no luck on the drat support items. Finally gave up on that and decided to try and get the the Grandpa Gohan's I needed to Z-Awaken Angel Goku, since I really didn't want to wait until Monday to get him awakened. Stage 8-4 (Offense and Defense Part 4) had the awakening medals I needed.

I hope the Snake Way event is truly massive experience and training items/awakening medals. Only have 10 more characters to get to Max level. Until I get more.

I also really wish there was a marketplace or something that I could trade all the extra Zenni I have. I'd gladly blow the 8 million I have if I meant I had plenty of Gregories, Gero's and Bubbles to Z-awaken the fodder.

Speaking of Fodder, are there any Super PHY in there? I'm trying to think if I've seen any, but I'm drawing a blank.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Some questions.

A) Does Hercule (Hero Chosen By The Earth) get some kind of boost I'm overlooking? It seems like he can gain ki even after he's taken his 'charge' turn. I've seen him be shy by one bar and then when combat initiates it charges that final bar and gives him his super. Is this a skill or some mechanic I haven't noticed? Does he gain ki off of allies charging or anything? I may have overlooked something on his card.

B) Between Exploding Rage Gohan and Successor of the Strongest Gohan who would be better? I'm leaning toward the latter who I just pulled. Team, as it is right now due to some slot limitations, is Call of Duty Nail, Exploding Rage Gohan (z-awakened), Xeno Trunks (leader), Indomitable Human Spirit Yamcha, Secrets of Turtle Style Roshi (z-awakened), and Aura Unleashed Tien (z-awakened).

Also open to suggestions in general, I have Warrior of Daring Fasha, Reckless Rage Dodoria, Hero Chosen By The People Hercule, and Honorable Fighter Ginyu sitting in storage, all SR at the moment.

How do you guys build training fodder? Like, a good method for combination? I'm not sure about what level I should want the cards I'm feeding into characters, as it is I have so many Snake Ways that it seems just having five cards will gain a significant amount of XP but past 50 it seems to fall off pretty hard.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
A) He's got a passive that triggers if his attack is higher than the target. It's probably triggered as the attack starts.

B) Successor of the Strongest, just on merit of being a natural SSR. Kid Gohan cards have never seemed that good to me, personally.

Fasha would pair nicely with SSJ Gohan, Saiyan Warrior Race is a good link. Dodoria's has bad synergy, Hercule's kind of middle of the road, Ginyu only really shines with other Ginyu Force members.

Finally, It's just tough to gain levels once you get into the 60s and above. I tend to use the standard Z-Awakened Ns, use another N and a few shells/stones to get to the 7700 or whatever it is, then awaken. Strains my supply of common medals quite frequently. I also throw higher-level training materials (the mid stuff like clothes and boots) at excess rares I'm not going to use and use them. Combine those with a location and you can get a lot of XP onto someone.

Really though, once you Z-Awaken them, you've gotten the majority of their stats already. I just kind of level them as I go after I get them awakened.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 19, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Syrant posted:

Some questions.

A) Does Hercule (Hero Chosen By The Earth) get some kind of boost I'm overlooking? It seems like he can gain ki even after he's taken his 'charge' turn. I've seen him be shy by one bar and then when combat initiates it charges that final bar and gives him his super. Is this a skill or some mechanic I haven't noticed? Does he gain ki off of allies charging or anything? I may have overlooked something on his card.

B) Between Exploding Rage Gohan and Successor of the Strongest Gohan who would be better? I'm leaning toward the latter who I just pulled. Team, as it is right now due to some slot limitations, is Call of Duty Nail, Exploding Rage Gohan (z-awakened), Xeno Trunks (leader), Indomitable Human Spirit Yamcha, Secrets of Turtle Style Roshi (z-awakened), and Aura Unleashed Tien (z-awakened).

Also open to suggestions in general, I have Warrior of Daring Fasha, Reckless Rage Dodoria, Hero Chosen By The People Hercule, and Honorable Fighter Ginyu sitting in storage, all SR at the moment.

How do you guys build training fodder? Like, a good method for combination? I'm not sure about what level I should want the cards I'm feeding into characters, as it is I have so many Snake Ways that it seems just having five cards will gain a significant amount of XP but past 50 it seems to fall off pretty hard.

Successor of the Strongest Gohan is the INT SSR right? I don't know how he is, but as a friend he's been amazing. He's also an Sayian, which should help with all the leaders that are Sayians as well. Kamehameha is a pretty good link. As Echophonic said, linking with Fasha is good as well.

I've got Exploding Rage Gohan, and I'm not all that impressed by him, but I'm leveling him up anyway. He's really hurt by only having three links, and one of them being a defensive link with Goku and Chi-Chi (All in the family), and Berserker only working when you're below 10% with characters (Nappa, Yamu, Majin Buu) that not many people use/are available.

The best way to use fodder(a lesson it took me a while to learn) is to get them to level 20 and then Z-Awaken them, as the experience boost from Z-awaken is much greater. Combining them has a couple of different methods. You can use your lower level training items to get them up quicker, or if you want to use multiple characters, you can level up two characters then have a third eat up the leveled up one (I've noticed around level 13ish you don't get as much XP).

Leveling up above 60 (and leveling up an UR Is even worse)is a chore though, although when you have a strong enough team that Z-Hard missions are not that hard, that's the best way to go with the training/fodder. I used some Cell Jr and Saibamen dropping stages to increase the amount of fodder I get, which helped a bit.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wonder how viable a team of characters that can knock opponents out would be. I have all of them, but none of them are good leaders, but SSJ Bardock is just a great leader to be worth losing a shot at a knockout. Only two R's needed out of INT Guldo, STR Krillin, or AGI Tien. SR INT Chiaotzu, SR AGI Tao, and Piccolo Jr to fill out the team. Probably worth looking at.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

I wonder how viable a team of characters that can knock opponents out would be. I have all of them, but none of them are good leaders, but SSJ Bardock is just a great leader to be worth losing a shot at a knockout. Only two R's needed out of INT Guldo, STR Krillin, or AGI Tien. SR INT Chiaotzu, SR AGI Tao, and Piccolo Jr to fill out the team. Probably worth looking at.

How's that skill work? Does it just stop them from attacking(I think I've seen that happen with those characters), or does it actually knock them out? I've never actually seen it on my own (or I didn't notice it), despite using most of those characters. With that team you're thinking of, I think Tien and Krillin are the choices, due to Z-Fighters and Tien linking up with Tao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Stops them from attacking. The real pain in the rear end is that I've used a bunch of those Tien cards for training. That'd actually have really good synergy across Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, and Tao. I was going to use my maxed out Guldo, but you make a good point.