Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

greatn posted:

She looks loving great in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I could have sworn she was wearing something similar last season, sans the gloves. So yeah, I kind of agree that it is ultimately pretty unremarkable. It isn't really anything we haven't seen at least three other women in the Marvel universe wear so far. Not that she needs a crazy costume or anything. It just... exists. I dunno, the AoS people find the weirdest things to try to hype people about. You got DC showing Hawk people and teasing more crossovers, and then you got ABC going, LOOK SKYE IS WEARING THIS SUIT YOU'VE SEEN A BUNCH OF TIMES BEFORE. The bar for hype is show low on this show, lol.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ToastyPotato posted:

I could have sworn she was wearing something similar last season, sans the gloves. So yeah, I kind of agree that it is ultimately pretty unremarkable. It isn't really anything we haven't seen at least three other women in the Marvel universe wear so far. Not that she needs a crazy costume or anything. It just... exists. I dunno, the AoS people find the weirdest things to try to hype people about. You got DC showing Hawk people and teasing more crossovers, and then you got ABC going, LOOK SKYE IS WEARING THIS SUIT YOU'VE SEEN A BUNCH OF TIMES BEFORE. The bar for hype is show low on this show, lol.

The gently caress? Who the hell here hyping it up?

The original post was just a article link to an interview and a picture.

The Article itself is just an interview with Chloe Benett about her role in the series. I'll give you EW is hyping poo poo up by using the Costume in the headline but that's because their dumb asses probably paid for an exclusive for the show. But that's also just kinda how media works.

People said it looked alright, some idiot said he wouldn't know who the character was without context of the series.

I don't think anyone said it's some hype worthy amazing thing. Just that complaining that a character in generic shield uniform in the comics is also wearing generic shield stuff in the show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

The gently caress? Who the hell here hyping it up?

The original post was just a article link to an interview and a picture.

The Article itself is just an interview with Chloe Benett about her role in the series. I'll give you EW is hyping poo poo up by using the Costume in the headline but that's because their dumb asses probably paid for an exclusive for the show. But that's also just kinda how media works.

People said it looked alright, some idiot said he wouldn't know who the character was without context of the series.

I don't think anyone said it's some hype worthy amazing thing. Just that complaining that a character in generic shield uniform in the comics is also wearing generic shield stuff in the show.

I wasn't aware anyone here worked for ABC or Agents of SHIELD. ABC/Marvel think its hype worthy because they released it to the press for everyone to share. How do you think that photo ended up in this thread? Someone stole it? I commented that it is laughable that ABC/Marvel think the suit is worth sharing. Not sure why you needed to make a defensive post.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

I wasn't aware anyone here worked for ABC or Agents of SHIELD. ABC/Marvel think its hype worthy because they released it to the press for everyone to share. How do you think that photo ended up in this thread? Someone stole it? I commented that it is laughable that ABC/Marvel think the suit is worth sharing. Not sure why you needed to make a defensive post.

He's right that there's no reason to get hype about SHIELD.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's a few reasons to get hype about AoS. Ming Na owns, Chloe Bennett Owns, Iain Decastiger owns, Ward owns, Mack Owns, Clark Gregg is your secret agent dad, Mockingbird owns.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

greatn posted:

There's a few reasons to get hype about AoS. Ming Na owns, Chloe Bennett Owns, Iain Decastiger owns, Ward owns, Mack Owns, Clark Gregg is your secret agent dad, Mockingbird owns.

The cast is excellent. I wish the show had more resources to really let them go hogwild. May's end of season fight with Ward in Season 1, and that crazy Skye action scene in season 2 shouldn't be relegated to one episode per season.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mockingbird vs Ward was pretty sweet as well.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eh, the fight stuff was generally excellent in the entire second half of AoS season 2. The whole show shaped up on that front, it's just that Skye's stands out because of the unique single-shot thing.

greatn posted:

Mockingbird vs Ward was pretty sweet as well.

Yeah, that fight was spectacular and brutal as hell.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ToastyPotato posted:

If EW is willing to pay or promote this "EXCLUSIVE" for you why would you not take advantage of it. Also DC is promoting a brand new show(miniseries?) in which the Hawks will probably play a major role Their Arrow specific stuff consists of here's his new costume(oh and spoilers Sarah's back). It's a Green hoodie with Shoulder pads. Also Flash which consisted of oooh the logo has white now.

If we are airing minor annoyances and grievances though really wish the Legends of Tomorrow stuff didn't outright spoil the fact that Sarah, and Ray(though that one was obvious) are back alive. Should have held off on that announcement until after the Arrow Episode. But it's not a deal breaker or anything.

Wouldn't say I'm defensive but It's just dumb to focus on one show when poo poo like this is frequent across all types of genre shows and media.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bet the first thing Sara does when she comes back to life is get on a boat.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

If EW is willing to pay or promote this "EXCLUSIVE" for you why would you not take advantage of it. Also DC is promoting a brand new show(miniseries?) in which the Hawks will probably play a major role Their Arrow specific stuff consists of here's his new costume(oh and spoilers Sarah's back). It's a Green hoodie with Shoulder pads. Also Flash which consisted of oooh the logo has white now.

If we are airing minor annoyances and grievances though really wish the Legends of Tomorrow stuff didn't outright spoil the fact that Sarah, and Ray(though that one was obvious) are back alive. Should have held off on that announcement until after the Arrow Episode. But it's not a deal breaker or anything.

Wouldn't say I'm defensive but It's just dumb to focus on one show when poo poo like this is frequent across all types of genre shows and media.

The Flash redesign being sold as a redesign at all I will admit was dumb, but they have spent much more time hyping alternate universes than they have the suit, and the Arrow redesign is a significant redesign and worth sharing, even it if it isn't ground breaking (there is no way on Earth it could be ground breaking.) I also agree that the Sara/Ray stuff was bad to spoil, but there is no way for them to sell the show to people at all without spoiling that they are in it, since they will almost certainly be key members of the team as they are the most developed characters.

The closest thing to actual hype I have seen for AoS was the preview thing they released a week or two ago, and event hat was pretty meh since it isn't really teasing anything significantly game changing (where in the seasonal arc is basically Heroes or something.) That weird monster guy could have been hype but the silhouette we saw doesn't really look that great, so its hard to get hyped about something that might legit look like it came out of a SyFy channel movie (we don't know because we haven't seen it yet.) Arrow is introducing magic powers in full force, Flash is going to deal with parallel worlds, and Legends has time travel. These could all fall flat, but they are at least trying to hype up a raising of the stakes. The producers of AoS are like the most unhype producers of an action show I have seen in ages.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

The Flash redesign being sold as a redesign at all I will admit was dumb, but they have spent much more time hyping alternate universes than they have the suit, and the Arrow redesign is a significant redesign and worth sharing, even it if it isn't ground breaking (there is no way on Earth it could be ground breaking.) I also agree that the Sara/Ray stuff was bad to spoil, but there is no way for them to sell the show to people at all without spoiling that they are in it, since they will almost certainly be key members of the team as they are the most developed characters.

The closest thing to actual hype I have seen for AoS was the preview thing they released a week or two ago, and event hat was pretty meh since it isn't really teasing anything significantly game changing (where in the seasonal arc is basically Heroes or something.) That weird monster guy could have been hype but the silhouette we saw doesn't really look that great, so its hard to get hyped about something that might legit look like it came out of a SyFy channel movie (we don't know because we haven't seen it yet.) Arrow is introducing magic powers in full force, Flash is going to deal with parallel worlds, and Legends has time travel. These could all fall flat, but they are at least trying to hype up a raising of the stakes. The producers of AoS are like the most unhype producers of an action show I have seen in ages.

AoS(and Carter) has always been more secretive of it's main plot threads than Arrow or Flash especially in pre-release stuff. It's just a different approach. Arrow/Flash don't care about keeping secrets away from the viewers and will freely show the viewers something early as hell that the characters won't figure out til the last few episodes of the season. Which is cool in it's own right as that means the Viewers have a way higher view of the situation than the characters which can add tension when you know a character is making a bad decision.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

Bet the first thing Sara does when she comes back to life is get on a boat.

Or gets visited by a British bastard.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

greatn posted:

My concern about S3 is that they're really downplaying Ward in the interviews. I know the guy who is essentially the villain isn't going to be in every drat episode but he is so good.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

greatn posted:

Fitz, but not Simmons. You monster.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

My concern about S3 is that they're really downplaying Ward in the interviews. I know the guy who is essentially the villain isn't going to be in every drat episode but he is so good.

I wouldn't be surprised if he presents a Giant gently caress you to the main team around the midseason finale. With the end of the season run being a conflict between Ward's hydra team and Skye/Coulson's team.

The Silence on him has been deafening, they are probably planning something large for him. As it sounds like he's still a series regular.

Fake Edit: While looking his status on the show I did find this that was posted today.

http://tvline.com/2015/09/15/agents-of-shield-season-3-ward-hydra-boss/

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jscolon2.0 posted:

Fitz, but not Simmons. You monster.

She owned significantly less in the latter half of the season.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Agents of SHIELD is a Good Show

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dexo posted:

Hell, the CW just did the same drat thing a few weeks ago when they released that press photo of Magneto on the new season of Arrow.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Jessica Jones shots.

David Tennant getting all Doctory.

Luke Cage ready to serve you up some Blue Moon so you can pretend you like micro brews.

Jessica Jones telling her friend Patsy it would be awesome if Patsy would put on a costume and got a show of her own.

Jessica Jones versus her most terrifying nemesis this season, public transportation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RevKrule posted:

New Jessica Jones shots.

That hair is going to be really distracting when I watch this.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Huh I guess Patsy is fulfilling the Carol role. It's too bad they couldn't get anyone who's actually in the Avengers for this since that juxtaposition of her looking in at the superhero business from the outside is one of the more interesting things about the comic. I guess they could still do that just in a different way

Edit: Oh right I forget Patsy is Hellcat

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Huh I guess Patsy is fulfilling the Carol role. It's too bad they couldn't get anyone who's actually in the Avengers for this since that juxtaposition of her looking in at the superhero business from the outside is one of the more interesting things about the comic. I guess they could still do that just in a different way

Patsy is also, bizarrely, the only character on the show that will have her own comic when it airs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would never watch this show because I know none of the characters will ever show up in the movies therefore it doesn't count.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Patsy is also, bizarrely, the only character on the show that will have her own comic when it airs.

This is a weird mindset. It's not like Alias would have been improved by still going on. There's not much demand for Luke Cage comics, so there's not much supply.

When you watch a Sherlock Holmes movie, are you bothered that there are no more official Sherlock Holmes stories?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The TV shows and movies have had a much more significant impact on trade sales than ongoings anyway.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Hakkesshu posted:

I would be surprised if Patsy has her costumed identity here. Wouldn't really seem to fit with the tone of the show or even the MCU in general, but we'll see.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RevKrule posted:

New Jessica Jones shots.

Luke Cage ready to serve you up some Blue Moon so you can pretend you like micro brews.

Jessica Jones telling her friend Patsy it would be awesome if Patsy would put on a costume and got a show of her own.

Jessica Jones versus her most terrifying nemesis this season, public transportation.

Love all of this. I was thinking after Blunt's comment, Marvel was really smart casting Ritter in the role, because it will be an action show, but she's not one of the go to action actresses.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

greatn posted:

I would never watch this show because I know none of the characters will ever show up in the movies therefore it doesn't count.

Whatever, dude. If you're willing to let Kevin Feige decide what TV you watch based on whether it shows up in the movies, you've already lost. :rolleyes:

And anyway, given that Daredevil was so successful that they greenlit a second season of the show before the rest of The Defenders shows even aired, I'm not even convinced that your "never" is even true.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

jng2058 posted:

Whatever, dude. If you're willing to let Kevin Feige decide what TV you watch based on whether it shows up in the movies, you've already lost. :rolleyes:

And anyway, given that Daredevil was so successful that they greenlit a second season of the show before the rest of The Defenders shows even aired, I'm not even convinced that your "never" is even true.

Also, off the top of my head, if the main thing you care about is how interconnected everything is, between the 4 solo series, Defenders, and a second season of Daredevil, that's a lot more hours of in universe story telling than all the Marvel movies combined (plus I bet at least one of the other series will get a second season too). If anything he should be boycotting the movies because those characters won't show up on the Netflix series.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jng2058 posted:

I'm making a joke on people's attitude towards agents of shield.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Also, off the top of my head, if the main thing you care about is how interconnected everything is, between the 4 solo series, Defenders, and a second season of Daredevil, that's a lot more hours of in universe story telling than all the Marvel movies combined (plus I bet at least one of the other series will get a second season too). If anything he should be boycotting the movies because those characters won't show up on the Netflix series.

I expect, if they're all good, that two of the later three shows will be combined for their second season. If they do go that route I hope they go for the Luke Cage, Danny Rand power hour.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MrFlibble posted:

I expect, if they're all good, that two of the later three shows will be combined for their second season. If they do go that route I hope they go for the Luke Cage, Danny Rand power hour.

The could combine the three of them into one or two as Luke Cage has a connection with both.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

greatn posted:

I'm making a joke on people's attitude towards agents of shield.

That's not the reason people don't like SHIELD

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's one.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah but it's such low hanging fruit you may as well make fun of shippers for the CW shows as if they represent the typical fans of Arrow and Flash.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Disliking certain aspects of a show and refusing to watch it because of certain aspects are kind of two different things imo. I mean there is overlap there but you are talking about a very small cross section at that point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah but it's such low hanging fruit you may as well make fun of shippers for the CW shows as if they represent the typical fans of Arrow and Flash.

I'd say there's probably more people who watch SHIELD simply because it's tangentially connected to the movies than avoid it because of lack of concrete crossovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'd say there's probably more people who watch SHIELD simply because it's tangentially connected to the movies than avoid it because of lack of concrete crossovers.

:agreed: