Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Liz will never be seen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Lol if you don't think Liz will show up in the epic P3/4/5 crossover game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Hellioning posted:

There is no good reason to forget Eikichi. Or Jun.

Forgetting them was literally the terms of the Contract, and breaking those terms nearly caused the world to end again.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

finally, a game where i can simulate my actual real life experience playing games, inside a game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The crossover should just be the P5 people stealing Teddie and Ken's lunch money

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Excels posted:

finally, a game where i can simulate my actual real life experience playing games, inside a game.

That's Yakuza.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Excels posted:

Persona 3.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona 5 is actually Yakuza 6.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

Segata Sanshiro is in Project X Zone. Crossovers have entered a new realm.

The impossible will become possible in 2016.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

MrAristocrates posted:

Impossible, it's actually coming out here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Persona 5 is Yakuza 6 is Shenmue 4.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Policenaut posted:

NA release cancelled.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Policenaut posted:

there's still time

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Policenaut posted:

You sound very confident

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MrAristocrates posted:

NA release cancelled.

PS3 release canceled

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Policenaut posted:

someone higher up seems to have finally noticed that people care about Yakuza games in the west.

maybe.

hopefully

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
p3 protag isn't dead, he became the seal on the doors and is living life in a constant battle to stave off the apocalypse

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

hubris.height posted:

p3 protag isn't dead, he became the seal on the doors and is living life in a constant battle to stave off the apocalypse

I'm so glad they established that every year Elizabeth goes back to the Door to throw Erebus back into the moon

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

So will I be when I die, but you don't hear me bragging about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

He's dead as hell and his soul is all that's left

rest in peace P3 protagonist; I liked you better when you were a girl

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

rest in peace P3 protagonist; I liked you better when you were a girl

that's what they carved on his epitaph

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
memento mori loses its meaning when you become the immortal seal on the doors of hell

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

That hair looks pretty stupid.

shut the hell up!!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I liked p4 protag before they turned him into dude bro.

5 looks cool so far. Lets see what happens

Also p2 series is cool, with eternal punishment being super cool because the characters aren't all High Schoolers.
Adults.
crazy.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Manatee Cannon posted:

He's dead as hell

and you can't. teach. THAT!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm actively sick of P3/4 characters. It finally happened.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lord Chumley posted:

Enzo with Big Cass persona confirmed for P5.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FauxGateau posted:

I'm actively sick of P3/4 characters. It finally happened.

if it helps the characters appearing in spin-off games only vaguely resemble the Persona 4 cast

they're more like pod people than anything

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lord Chumley posted:

BADDA BOOM

DEADEST GUY IN THE ROOM

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blockhouse posted:

they're more like pod people than anything

You know what I'm actually okay with thinking about it like this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
part of it is everyone in persona 4 has an actual full character arc. There's nowhere else to go unless you're going to move them forward and give everyone new, real problems ("a bad guy made us all angry at each other" is not a real character problem) so they're just reduced to jokes and memes.

the other part is that P4 spin-offs are hollow fanservice so that's the easiest way to get people to go OH I REMEMBER THAT THING I LIKED FROM PERSONA 4 HA HA HA

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm also extremely tired of the P3/P4 cast. Get em outta here and give me new anime teens I can grow to dislike over the course of like ten years. I'm just tired of looking at them

Except for Rise.

Rise ueber allen

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Moltrey posted:

I'm also extremely tired of the P3/P4 cast. Get em outta here and give me new anime teens I can grow to dislike over the course of like ten years. I'm just tired of looking at them

Except for Rise.

Rise ueber allen

Clearly Rise will be a member of that idol group we saw for one second on a TV in this trailer.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Blockhouse posted:

part of it is everyone in persona 4 has an actual full character arc. There's nowhere else to go unless you're going to move them forward and give everyone new, real problems ("a bad guy made us all angry at each other" is not a real character problem) so they're just reduced to jokes and memes.

the other part is that P4 spin-offs are hollow fanservice so that's the easiest way to get people to go OH I REMEMBER THAT THING I LIKED FROM PERSONA 4 HA HA HA

the thing with persona 4 and its spinoffs is by the end of the main game, they're portrayed as perfect friends who will be together forever because they've been through hell and come out the other side

but, see, that in and of itself is an immature belief, people aren't "friends forever", only children think that, if I was in charge of a p4 spinoff game I'd have the theme be the fragility of friendship and I'd come up with some weird shadow-driven thing that makes them fray and break apart, but not because they're mind controlled like that dumb arena garbage

sure, it'd piss off the hardcore weeaboos but that's partly why I'd do it, heh

might as well write some fan fiction, brb

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Moltrey posted:

I'm also extremely tired of the P3/P4 cast.

the robot girl and the dog will always be good though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I actually started a game of the Innocent Sin remake the other day despite my best judgement. I'm not too far in, but how far do you think I can go without just going "gently caress it" and using a walkthrough/cheating?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Moltrey posted:

Except for Rise.

Rise ueber allen

shove the idol into the sea

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

cat doter posted:

the thing with persona 4 and its spinoffs is by the end of the main game, they're portrayed as perfect friends who will be together forever because they've been through hell and come out the other side

but, see, that in and of itself is an immature belief, people aren't "friends forever", only children think that, if I was in charge of a p4 spinoff game I'd have the theme be the fragility of friendship and I'd come up with some weird shadow-driven thing that makes them fray and break apart, but not because they're mind controlled like that dumb arena garbage

sure, it'd piss off the hardcore weeaboos but that's partly why I'd do it, heh

might as well write some fan fiction, brb

This is a kinda of good point. There is that feeling with friends when you part that you will always be friends, but once you spend enough time apart things change, relation ships seem more awkward, your interests are no longer the same. That could be an interesting avenue to explore in a game... not that I think they will ever do that...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Then again most friendships aren't forged in the fire of solving murder cases and fighting renegade embodiments of the human psyche

it's almost less like normal teen friendship and more being war buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Moltrey posted:

Except for Rise.

Rise ueber allen

Out of all the girls in P3/4, you picked the absolute worst Shitgirl. You're hosed up in the head.