Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it's easy. all you have to do. is squander your youth. then spend your adult life regretting everything you've done.

speak for yourself pal :smug:

and me :cry:

jk im awesome :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Tujague posted:

Poor woman's life would have been better if she had remained Neelix's love interest. That's rough.

I thought they eventually had her and Neelix split, but I could be remembering wrong. It's been a long time since I watched Voyager.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
They did, and Neelix went absolutely ape poo poo on Tom Paris because he and Kes exchanged words and he thought Paris was macking on his ex (prob was but still)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I thought they eventually had her and Neelix split, but I could be remembering wrong. It's been a long time since I watched Voyager.

They did! In a super awkward "we can still be friends" kind of way. Then she went on to bang Tom for a while? I forget.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Was there overlap with Seven and Kes? I feel like there was. It was actually really nice character development having Kes become a Physician's Assistant/Nurse for the Doc...

Man, that show really took every good idea it fell backwards into and put an immediate stop to it. I'm actually surprised that the Doctor and Seven were consistently good characters and even written well. How does that happen in a show with such horrid writing?

Edit: remember the episode where they had to erase part of the Doctor's memory banks because he went absolutely PTSD nuts over having to pick one patient over another to save? That was good poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

shadow puppet of a posted:

Am I the only one that has no idea what an episode is based on its title? "Children and Time" describes the subject of about 30% of all episodes ever filmed.

Since is is the better trek thread lets use a standard "The one where" notation.

If you are not reading this thread while dressed in a starfleet uniform, while watching an episode in the background, while having a scantily clad fan fic pic of Riker as your background desktop, GET OUT.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
neelix was extremely possessive and probably downright abusive to kes and nobody ever commented on it or took note of how lovely his overwhelming jealousy was

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
*rescues woman from planet, leaving you as her only constant n emotional anchor*
* flies into a rage and withholds intimacy and contact at the mere sign of her speaking ot other Available Men*

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ambrose Burnside posted:

*rescues woman from planet, leaving you as her only constant n emotional anchor*
* flies into a rage and withholds intimacy and contact at the mere sign of her speaking ot other Available Men*

*sees colony of other Neelix's*
SEE YOU LATER poo poo LORDS!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shadow posted:

Was there overlap with Seven and Kes? I feel like there was. It was actually really nice character development having Kes become a Physician's Assistant/Nurse for the Doc...

They overlapped for Seven's arrival episode and then Kes' leaving episode.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

happyhippy posted:

If you are not reading this thread while dressed in a starfleet uniform, while watching an episode in the background, while having a scantily clad fan fic pic of Riker as your background desktop, GET OUT.

That is the TVIV thread. This thread wears a grey snuggie around the house backwards in the style of Gowron's imperial robes, carries thumbdrive of every episode of DS9 in pirated avi files should the ever encounter an Unknowing Unbeliever and keeps a folder of Chase Masterson's hoochie-dress shots as a rotating screensaver.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

happyhippy posted:

Children of Time
Visionary
Little Green Men
Indiscretion

Third writer, Sky Douglas Conway, looks to be just a fanboy.

Visionary was the one where O'Brien kept jumping around in time, and at the end he died and future alternate timeline O'Brien went back in his place. It was a great episode. O'Brien must, and did, suffer. Indiscretion was one of their better examples of fleshing out their villians, and it started us down the path to Klingon Pirate Dukat, whom we all know was the best Dukat.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Wait which one is the thread where you slapfight over technobabble

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

That is the TVIV thread. This thread wears a grey snuggie around the house backwards in the style of Gowron's imperial robes, carries thumbdrive of every episode of DS9 in pirated avi files should the ever encounter an Unknowing Unbeliever and keeps a folder of Chase Masterson's hoochie-dress shots as a rotating screensaver.

Where do I go if I post while sitting around in too small for me boxer shorts that have "Make it so!" and a winking picard face on the crotch while eating spacefood (pot noodles)?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Lien seemed to stop doing a lot of work right about the time of leaving Voyager, too. She did a voice on the MiB cartoon for a short while and she probably could have parlayed her Trek resume into being just a voice actor for about 10-12 years on various things.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

happyhippy posted:

*sees colony of other Neelix's*
SEE YOU LATER poo poo LORDS!

Is that how he leaves the ship? Like a couple of episodes before the finale, right? I've never actually seen it. I guess he was happy to find a group of his people who didn't know he was a deserter who fucks three-year-olds.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yeah and i think janeway made him like ambassador of the federation to the delta quadrant which i'm pretty sure captains can't do but i guess if you're finally able to dump the creepy alien on a rock you say whatever you can to make sure he doesn't change his mind

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

"Thank you captain, between this and my 7 years of service aboard Voyager, I guess I'll qualify for the Starfleet pension that I'll sorely need to help my grandlix'es go to schoo..."

"We don't have an economy to support that kind of thing" <races off at warp 9>

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

happyhippy posted:

If there ever was a get out of jail free card it should be for actor of Alexander.

"You are charge with killing three people, causing a million dollars of damage and the only survivor is left paraplegic for life, how do you plead?"
"I used to be Alexander on DS9."
"Holy poo poo son, why didn't you say that to the arresting officer. All charges dismissed. And sorry for your disability."

Until Kes gets some lovely neck tats Alexander is still #1

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

JediTalentAgent posted:

Lien seemed to stop doing a lot of work right about the time of leaving Voyager, too. She did a voice on the MiB cartoon for a short while and she probably could have parlayed her Trek resume into being just a voice actor for about 10-12 years on various things.

Despite her current bottoming out situation, if I recall correctly, she retired from acting, focused on her family, and got some type of degree in social work or therapy.

e: says somethign about medical career. don't know or care enough to look into it any more than that. but retiring from acting was a choice. her downward spiral probably wasn't

Shadow fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 17, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

"Thank you captain, between this and my 7 years of service aboard Voyager, I guess I'll qualify for the Starfleet pension that I'll sorely need to help my grandlix'es go to schoo..."

"We don't have an economy to support that kind of thing" <races off at warp 9>

"We don't have money, but if you ever manage to get back to Federation space please enjoy our Utopia as a Federation citizen.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kitchner posted:

while eating spacefood (pot noodles)?

Wrong franchise...

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

thexerox123 posted:

Wrong franchise...

i just came

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

thexerox123 posted:

Wrong franchise...

Spoilers dude, I hadn't yet completed the Hanar questline in Mass Effect 3.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

thexerox123 posted:

Wrong franchise...

Zoom in on the cooooock

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Clark Nova posted:

Is that how he leaves the ship? Like a couple of episodes before the finale, right? I've never actually seen it. I guess he was happy to find a group of his people who didn't know he was a deserter who fucks three-year-olds.

I think the sneaky fucker made a copy of Voyager's database before he left too.
Remember that quadrant didn't have replicators and water was a scarce resource when they arrived in the Delta Quadrant.
So Neelix joining a lost Neelix colony means he would become alpha hairy foot and all the speckled hairy orange pussy he can get.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

JediTalentAgent posted:

She had a small-ish part in American History X, too. I think she got choked by Ed Norton or something. And also Avery Brooks was there in a very not-Sisko, not-Mob Boss From The Big Hit role.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Spoilers dude, I hadn't yet completed the Hanar questline in Mass Effect 3.

Are you attempting to engage in reproductive behavior with this one? Enkindle yourself!

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Shadow posted:

Little Green Men was so loving stupid :(

You shut your loving mouth

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Remember that quadrant didn't have replicators and water was a scarce resource when they arrived in the Delta Quadrant.

To be fair, that was on the poo poo side of Borg space. Once they crossed it, everyone was basically Federation-level.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

MikeJF posted:

To be fair, that was on the poo poo side of Borg space. Once they crossed it, everyone was basically Federation-level.

You mean once the writers got lazy.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kitchner posted:

You mean once the writers got lazy.

This is like the one thing that changed as Voyager went on. It is the only non-lazy thing they did over the entire run of the series.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
avery brooks is an over actor

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
major kira seems like the leader of a girl scout troop and not a major in an insurgency

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I don't know. I always saw it as a way to bring back some of the crutches star trek writers rely on.

Like imagine if they had done the entire series and no one but voyager had teleporters. How would bad guys escape at the last minute? Or beam down and surprise the voyager crew to take them prisoner?

Instead they just started giving people the tools with which they could write lazy material. That's how I see it anyway.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
"voyager really missed the mark. people traveling on a starship for a generation or more should have quarrels over leadership, the place should look lived-in. they should struggle for resources. also there was not nearly enough half-baked Space Religion or incoherent mysteries that go nowhere" - Ronald "RR" Moore

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I thought the Borg "homeland" was really cool. It's a shame they had to deal with a Borg Queen because of First Contact.

Borg Queen concept was kinda dumb. :(

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Shadow posted:

I thought the Borg "homeland" was really cool. It's a shame they had to deal with a Borg Queen because of First Contact.

Borg Queen concept was kinda dumb. :(

borg queen was real stupid

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kitchner posted:

I don't know. I always saw it as a way to bring back some of the crutches star trek writers rely on.

Like imagine if they had done the entire series and no one but voyager had teleporters. How would bad guys escape at the last minute? Or beam down and surprise the voyager crew to take them prisoner?

Instead they just started giving people the tools with which they could write lazy material. That's how I see it anyway.

While that was the result of what happened the actual decision to have things on the other side of Borg space be different was actually a good one. The writers were just completely incapable of using it in an interesting way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tezzor posted:

major kira seems like the leader of a girl scout troop and not a major in an insurgency

You have the keen mind of an eminent Gul.

• Locked thread